Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Matt@Moots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21

    Moots Gristle 96er

    Available as 4" travel Matched Arc suspension, soft tail with a YBB rear, hardtail and ss. Full custom sizing. Here is a picture of a 4" travel Gristle http://www.moots.com/index.php/blog/...e_meat_starts/

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    35
    Thats a beauty.
    Good luck with Sales! I hear nothing but the best about your bikes.
    Wish I could sneak some money out of savings for one!

  3. #3
    Trail Rider
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    82
    does anyone know what the cost is?

  4. #4
    Monkey Wrench
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    353
    We have a 17" Gristle Zirkel that I used as my demo last year - It's on sale for $4500 built with an XTR/King/WB kit. It is a 3" rear, 110mm front. We can also sell it as a frame...
    Check it out at http://velocevelo.com/store/product/...el-17%22-DEMO/

    It was an awsome race bike - rides over anything and climbs great. It would also make a great light trail bike. Weight is around 26lb, though I can get an exact number if anyone wants to know.

    I do like that they bumped the '09 version to 4" - it will balance the handling a little better, through the 3" does feel a little more efficient.
    Let me fix your bike @ ordinarybicycle.net in Louisville, CO

  5. #5
    Trail Rider
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by vwvoodoo
    We have a 17" Gristle Zirkel that I used as my demo last year - It's on sale for $4500 built with an XTR/King/WB kit. It is a 3" rear, 110mm front. We can also sell it as a frame...
    Check it out at http://velocevelo.com/store/product/...el-17%22-DEMO/

    It was an awsome race bike - rides over anything and climbs great. It would also make a great light trail bike. Weight is around 26lb, though I can get an exact number if anyone wants to know.

    I do like that they bumped the '09 version to 4" - it will balance the handling a little better, through the 3" does feel a little more efficient.
    I would love to buy that Moots, I wish I had the cash!
    Do you do lay away? LOL!!!

  6. #6
    jalepenio jimenez
    Reputation: mudflap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    659

    Moots Gristle 96er

    and how much might a 20" frame go for? Just askin'...
    White Clouds - Heart of Idaho

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Matt@Moots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21
    $3350 for the Gristle Zirkel (4" full susp)
    $3075 for Gristle YBB (soft tail)
    $2900 for Gristle hard tail
    Get (at least) one today!

  8. #8
    jalepenio jimenez
    Reputation: mudflap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    659

    $acre merde!

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt@Moots
    $3350 for the Gristle Zirkel (4" full susp)
    Get (at least) one today!
    Nice chunck of change Matt...I'm going to have to be extra good this year if Santa is going to stuff one of those in my stocking next Christmas!
    White Clouds - Heart of Idaho

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,386

    awesome

    I demoed one of these Monday and loved it. I ride a Turner Burner and have rarely ridden anything I like as much. This bike gave me more confidence on drops and steps than anything I've ever ridden. For the first time I wish to switch bikes. The 96er concept works great, way better than I dreamed. If you have the cash, it's a very sweet choice.
    agmtb

  10. #10
    pap
    pap is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt@Moots
    $3350 for the Gristle Zirkel (4" full susp)
    $3075 for Gristle YBB (soft tail)
    $2900 for Gristle hard tail
    Get (at least) one today!
    Is it possible to have the Gristle built as a Soft Tale Single Speed Slider?

    Thanks
    Pap

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    56
    I have a hard tail Gristle with sliding dropouts so I am sure it is.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: schneidw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    369

    Test Ride?

    After 20+ years of MTN biking.. I am more confused than ever~. I am still in pursuit of the right FS mtn bike for me personally. I have achieved that with my HT (Merlin/Yo Eddy) but have been trying to find the right FS for years... I like the 'old school' geometry (eg I hate sitting upright like a beach cruiser) and at 6'-2" I am told that 29" is the way to go BUT a few test rides let me to think, while 29" has its place.. there are too many tradeoffs. Anyways, the MOOTS Gristle sure seems like a great concept but I have never ridden a 69er and I have been burned before buying bikes without a solid demo ride... WHat to DO?? I wonder if MOOTS does the demo road show thing like Yeti and Pivot...

  13. #13
    loud hubs save lives
    Reputation: sennaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    689
    Quote Originally Posted by schneidw
    After 20+ years of MTN biking.. I am more confused than ever~. I am still in pursuit of the right FS mtn bike for me personally. I have achieved that with my HT (Merlin/Yo Eddy) but have been trying to find the right FS for years... I like the 'old school' geometry (eg I hate sitting upright like a beach cruiser) and at 6'-2" I am told that 29" is the way to go BUT a few test rides let me to think, while 29" has its place.. there are too many tradeoffs. Anyways, the MOOTS Gristle sure seems like a great concept but I have never ridden a 69er and I have been burned before buying bikes without a solid demo ride... WHat to DO?? I wonder if MOOTS does the demo road show thing like Yeti and Pivot...

    why yes, they actually do ... i went to one a couple weeks ago.

    find your local moots dealer and ask ... our LBS was the one who put the date out there, i never saw it anywhere else and couldn't find a demo schedule.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,386
    It's a great, expensive bike. As a tall rider you will like bigger wheels. The Gristle accelerates fast. I'm 6' and was impressed by the 29ers and 96ers but wasn't sure which way I'd go either.
    Tested Ellsworth Evolve, too, sweet 29er.
    agmtb

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.