Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5 - Page 4- Mtbr.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2015
    Anyone with experience regarding Dune 2015 and CC DbInline (settings etc)? I got my Dune today and already have the Inline from my previous bike so most likely going to test the combination soon.

Mr. Knowitall
    Check for clearance issues, please, Trond

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Yeah, it looks like the top may hit the frame when compressing, going to check myself before eventually selling the Inline. It may fit with the can on top, difficult to reach the adjusters if at the bottom though (I think there is a remote coming). I knew it was an issue on the Foxy, but didn't know about the Dune.

Anyway, not so impressed with the Formula CR1 brakes after the first ride. I got a pair of Formula T1's on my old bike. Guess I am going to switch! Big difference from my old Intense Tracer 2, going to need some time to adjust

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Took a few more pics of limited edition Foxy Carbon in work recently. Can't get over just how damn fast this bike is. It's completely re-set my riding and is starting to really get under my skin. Best bike I've ever owned.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lawman1991 View Post
    Took a few more pics of limited edition Foxy Carbon in work recently. Can't get over just how damn fast this bike is. It's completely re-set my riding and is starting to really get under my skin. Best bike I've ever owned.

[[/URL]
    I agree with you 100% The speed is wicked. At first I thought it might just be the wheel size difference but after spending a year with a Summum dh bike I can say it is the design.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Lawman your build looks great. Stunning. Love the cranks and 36

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Superb Foxy!

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I am fairly confident that the CC Inline fits the 2015 Dune.

There are only two minor issues (I think). Fully extended the shock air can touches the Reverb cable, this can be solved by using a few strips to move it away a little. Second, it is not possible to connect the pump hose to the air can while the shock is mounted. Verified without bushings, so going to order those to do a test ride

Fully extended, reverb cable in normal position.
    Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-2015-05-31-11.20.36.jpg

Fully compressed:
    Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-2015-05-31-17.50.49.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Hi. Have anyone information about broken Foxy 2014 ? Is situation with branemb's frame single?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lawman1991 View Post
    That is a mighty good looking bike. Stunning! The only thing I would change (for my terrain) are Schwalbe tyres, because I got tired of constantly fixing punctures on my tubeless set-up. When I swapped them for Maxxis I did not have a puncture for at least 6 or 7 months...

Quote Originally Posted by q232 View Post
    Hi. Have anyone information about broken Foxy 2014 ? Is situation with branemb's frame single?
    I have not heard about broken frames for 2014 Foxy, they mainly had an issue with cracking rear triangles in that year model. And there must have been quite a few cases. The fact that the only change between 2014 and 2015 models is a structurally redesigned rear triangle points in that direction. Also, the fact that Mondraker has stocked 2015 model replacement triangles in all colour schemes of the 2014 models also speaks for itself. In any case I congratulate Modraker for a great customer support, as my replacement came through in a weeks time.
    Although frames have lifetime warranty, rear triangles have only two years.
    If it helps to anyone: I'm 95kg with all the gear and an averagely aggressive rider... riding predominantly rocky terrain with drops to flat landing up to 1.5m.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by branemb View Post

I have not heard about broken frames for 2014 Foxy, they mainly had an issue with cracking rear triangles in that year model. And there must have been quite a few cases. The fact that the only change between 2014 and 2015 models is a structurally redesigned rear triangle points in that direction. Also, the fact that Mondraker has stocked 2015 model replacement triangles in all colour schemes of the 2014 models also speaks for itself. In any case I congratulate Modraker for a great customer support, as my replacement came through in a weeks time.
    Although frames have lifetime warranty, rear triangles have only two years.
    If it helps to anyone: I'm 95kg with all the gear and an averagely aggressive rider... riding predominantly rocky terrain with drops to flat landing up to 1.5m.
    Thank you for answer. I find a not new frame with low miles. I think about buying. I wonder will I get some help from Mondraker if it breake?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Time to show my Foxy:

Bought F/O and build it myself with a RS Pike 160 RCT (custom stealth decals) and Reverb Stealth, SRAM X1 and GuideRS brakes, Easton Haven 35 32mm stem (pics show a 40mm but that has been replaced recently) / Haven Carbon bar, Specialized Phenom carbon 143 seat, E*13 trs+ wheels with Maxxis HRII and Minion DHRII 3C / Maxterra. And a Vorsprung Corset is on it's way to me.

Build is 13.2kg / 29.1lb

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Nice looking bike

How are the grips? i've installed the same on mine, but haven't ride it yet, just finished ordering last parts today, and ending it (hopefully) end of next week once i'm done with my exams

Can't wait to bring it out for a first ride!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Hi. I have a question about frame size. I am 178 sm with out shoes. Which size should I prefer? M or L?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Hi. I have a question about frame size. I am 178 sm with out shoes. Which size should I prefer? M or L?
    I am 178cm, too, and have the 2014 M size frame, Foxy XR.

The 10mm stem made the riding position too short and tall for me, so when I changed to 30mm, everything was just right. I use a Nukeproof Warhead 760mm/20mm riser bar.

If you want to go real radical I would suggest the L size. I think I would go for the M again, personally, to avoid the high effective stack caused by the longer head tube and taller handlebar position when using the 10mm stem. If had the L version I would probably go for the Syntace Vector Low5 handlebar, or maybe a flat bar, along with the 10mm stem.

I find that I struggle with the stoppie/pivot turns in tight corners with the Foxy, so I am reluctant to go for an even longer wheel base.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MaHoM View Post
    Nice looking bike

How are the grips? i've installed the same on mine, but haven't ride it yet, just finished ordering last parts today, and ending it (hopefully) end of next week once i'm done with my exams

Can't wait to bring it out for a first ride!!
    Grips are nice, needed to get used to the shape as they are not plain round.
    And for the first ride, you will be amazed by the capabilities of the Foxy. Down and uphill are just amazing! Only as mentioned here, tight switchbacks can be a pain.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    @ Red Ant & @ kester: what NM did you use to mount the shock? And what tool did you use? Torx T35? I got my corset yesterday. Looking to put it on my bike this weekend. Thx!
    Last edited by Betzel; 06-13-2015 at 12:50 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by depeche4 View Post
    hey,

anyone else feel that the dt swiss axle that we got on our bikes is crap?!

dave
    After a few more rides I feel the same....it's loosening if not tightened really hard.....

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I got the same experience regarding the Dt Swiss Axle...

Also a little tired of having no quick release in front, so have ordered this kit:
    FlowZone | Maverick Suspension and Service

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Betzel View Post
    @ Red Ant & @ kester: what NM did you use to mount the shock? And what tool did you use? Torx T35? I got my corset yesterday. Looking to put it on my bike this weekend. Thx!
    Betzel my shock eyelet bolts are hex not torx. Is that what your referring to? The only torx is the bolt that connects the swing arm rocker to the seatpost

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    has anyone got/tried the magic mary on the foxy? Im looking at getting a new front tyre for mine as i've just scuffed the sidewall of my stock ardent that came with the bike and was wondering if the magic mary was any good.

cheers

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Wow, they sure are some sexy bikes!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ant View Post
    Vorsprung corset update:
    However with the firm mid stroke I did have to speed up rebound a few clicks to stop it feeling wooden in midstroke. (I think maybe cause mid stroke is firmer, the rebound was causing the shock to get bogged in the mid stroke longer). Bike now doesn't blow travel so easily and on the drops to flat, feels more supportive.

I am very happy with the conversion and IMHO the corset suits the suspension design of the foxy (ie it counters the anti squat so allow you to run higher psi without compromising small bump sensitivity)

Only downsides I see is that the reverb hose is tight around the larger negative chamber. Hopefully it won't rub the hose too much over time and leak dot fluid.

The corset air sleeve is cheap, so give it a go and hope you have similar positive experiences. Would love to hear what others think too

Totally agree! The Corset does touch on the c-clip of the Reverb but only when not on the bike. No problem there for me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    To all 2015 Foxy XR owners: what do you think on the paint quality of the blue paint? Does it chip easily?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Carbon vs Aluminium

Carbon is the in thing at the moment. But is it really better than aluminium as a frame material? I haven't had the chance to compare myself. Has anybody had the experience of riding the Foxy in both versions that would like to illuminate me. What are the differences in ride characteristics?

Cheers.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    deleted
    Last edited by TrondAM; 07-09-2015 at 02:52 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Yeah,
    finnally! I've done my first ride!!
    (only 26km yersteday after a previous 8km test during last week to check if everything was fixed correctly. Will go soon for another one.)

Ho man i can feel that bike have so much potential, it climbs really well, better than i expected for a full suspension bike as i'm coming from this:
    https://fstatic1.mtb-news.de/img/pho...e/CIMG3067.JPG and this:
    2004 Specialized Rockhopper Comp - BikePedia

I can say that the riding style fit me so much more, i'm so happy to have invest in that bike

Going dh is also much more fun, even if i'm not yet able to exploit all the potential of the bike, can't wait to do more!

Mhhh else to say? Building the bike was for me a bit hard as it was the first time, but i took my time and everything seems allright in the build (just correct me if something seems wonrg on the pics) and i learned a lot by myself and can do anything by myself on my bike now (at least i think).

But stop talking, let's some place to the pics of the FOXY:

The mess:
    Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-dsc_6837.jpg
    Close up:
    Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-dsc_6838.jpgMondraker Foxy XR 27.5-dsc_6839.jpg
    Is it how you place the axle aswell, a bit in doubt about it:
    Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-dsc_6842.jpg
    Drivetrain:
    Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-dsc_6843.jpg
    Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-dsc_6845.jpgMondraker Foxy XR 27.5-dsc_6846.jpg
    Outside pics:
    Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-dsc_6847.jpgMondraker Foxy XR 27.5-dsc_6854.jpg
    Attachment 999288
    Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-dsc_6859.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Betzel View Post
    To all 2015 Foxy XR owners: what do you think on the paint quality of the blue paint? Does it chip easily?
    After 8km the chain hit the frame some time while going full retard mode in downhill, it seems a bit squishy, so i fixed it with this:
    Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-dsc_6905.jpgMondraker Foxy XR 27.5-dsc_6904.jpg

Dog tax:
    Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-dsc_6851.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-dsc_6860.jpg  

mtbr member
    Foxy carbon 2016

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    check this out! fresh from MSA.

dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-img_1724.jpg  

Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-img_1722.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Not looking at that....oh I did...aarrrghhhhh!!!

Any word on the reason or did this just happen?
    Hopefully just a isolated incident...

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Hi TrondAM - how's the DB Inline? What is the access to air valve and all dials when fitted?

mtbr member
    May 2015
    The DB Inline feels quite good on the Dune I would say. Better support in the middle, less pedal strikes. The dials are easy accessible and no problem using the climbing switch while riding. I bought this to be able to connect the pump without issues: http://www.topeak.com/mediafiles/products/7008/

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Well I am overly impressed with Silverfish and Mondraker when it comes to warranty issues. They sent my rear triangle last Wednesday from the UK and arrived at my door this morning in Canada! Top notch and no dicking me around about the break. I wish I could say the same about Trek's customer service.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Does anyone have the dimensions of the headset lower bearing? I've only managed to find this: "FSA Nº57 ACB Bearings integrated tapered 1-1/8”->1/5”"

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Good to read @depeche4
    Mine is showing to start a crack in exactly the same spot. It isn't more than a hearline crack at this moment. Put in a request for warranty through my local dealer.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I really hope that this does not happen again. I know that I got one of the first one's in the UK, so I am hoping that might be a reason, early production. Also, I did not have to even send my old triangle back, which is nice.

Anyone ever heard of the carbon rear triangle cracking?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Well,

after riding the new triangle I feel revealed. I should post pictures but the back of where I broke mine is totally different. Nothing is machined out, it is a nice big peace of aluminum. Respect for Mondraker for realizing they had an issue and fixing it!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Please do make a picture. I'm very curious. I'm still waiting to hear from my LBS / Mondraker.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Large or Medium for 5'10.5" (179cm)

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be buying a Mondraker frame, only problem is I'm in the states and I won't be able to jump on one to check the size before I buy.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm 5'10.5" (179cm). I'm leaning towards a Large, but the geometry numbers for reach and top tube are huge compared to what I'm used to. I typically ride mediums (Giant Trance), but after swapping to a 50mm stems on the Trance bike I think I need to size up.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by adbaldwi View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm going to be buying a Mondraker frame, only problem is I'm in the states and I won't be able to jump on one to check the size before I buy.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm 5'10.5" (179cm). I'm leaning towards a Large, but the geometry numbers for reach and top tube are huge compared to what I'm used to. I typically ride mediums (Giant Trance), but after swapping to a 50mm stems on the Trance bike I think I need to size up.

Thanks!
    I am about an inch taller than you. I was coming off a SC blur LT carbon in a large but I found it too small (they have crap sizing). I got a large and with the 30 mm stem you get with it the bike handles like a dream. I actually have room on the seat rails to play with.

P.S. if you are looking for a place to buy from that is safe and able to ship (I am in Canada with 2 mondrakers) drop me a line.

dave

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I am about an inch taller than you. I was coming off a SC blur LT carbon in a large but I found it too small (they have crap sizing). I got a large and with the 30 mm stem you get with it the bike handles like a dream. I actually have room on the seat rails to play with.

P.S. if you are looking for a place to buy from that is safe and able to ship (I am in Canada with 2 mondrakers) drop me a line.

dave
    Thanks for the quick reply! Searching through the forum too I'm thinking a Large will be good. We'll have to see when the frame arrives if it works

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    if you do not mind me asking where did you order it from?

mtbr member
    I'm back here

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    if you do not mind me asking where did you order it from?
    Ordered from tweekscycles, the 2016 are not quite in yet, so my order may take awhile...

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    frame or complete?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    frame or complete?
    Just the frame, went with the Dune also for kicks. I didn't like the component specs on the full bikes, figured I'd eventually swap everything out so I'll piece it together...

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Did the same thing. Frame and built it. The only thing I liked on the complete was the fork. Saw the new carbon dune at MSA, very nice.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Got my Dune a few weeks ago and its amazing:

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    OMG!!!!!!!

that thing looks so nice.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Hi everyone,

Thanks!
    Sup, i'm 178cm and i choose a L frame, fits me good i hope that helps.

@depeche please we're still waiting for the pics of your new rear triangle

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Here you go,

the before and after.

dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-img_0023.jpg  

Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-img_0024.jpg  

Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-img_0027.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Thanks man

mtbr member
    Foxy C in action

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Deleted!
    Last edited by PJPereira; 09-14-2015 at 03:47 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Draper View Post
    Got my Dune a few weeks ago and its amazing:

Congratulation, it's cool bike!

I've the opportunity to test the Dune RR and it is an awesome bike.
    Last edited by PJPereira; 09-20-2015 at 01:06 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Ordered from tweekscycles, the 2016 are not quite in yet, so my order may take awhile...
    I bought mine about a year ago from the same store. I am 5'11.5". I bought a large. I am using the Corset sleeve with no spacers. The original sleeve would keep the suspension too deep into the travel. Saying that, I haven't checked if mondraker is using the new fox sleeves for 2016.

mtbr member
    Great bike!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Changed some stuff on my bike. Just went to an 11 speed set up with the One Up 45 tooth ring on the back. God, it is huge! Also got some custom decals done up for the pike. Changed the bar as well, so that I have a 780 mm Renthal that matches the same set up as my Summum. I found it odd going between both bikes all the time.
    Also put two tokens in and lowered the air by 5 pounds and the fork feels so much better.

dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-img_0044.jpg  

Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-img_0045.jpg  

Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-img_0046.jpg  

Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-img_0043.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Hi,

Just a photo of my Mondraker Foxy XR Carbon (Mod. 2015) in my favorite spot, Sintra Hills, near Cascais, Portugal.

Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-2015-08-15-10.11.07.jpg

It's a great bike.

The first upgrade was changing the brakes Formula for a Shimano XTR M9000.

Cheers
    Last edited by PJPereira; 09-20-2015 at 05:25 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Changed some stuff on my bike. Just went to an 11 speed set up with the One Up 45 tooth ring on the back. God, it is huge! Also got some custom decals done up for the pike. Changed the bar as well, so that I have a 780 mm Renthal that matches the same set up as my Summum. I found it odd going between both bikes all the time.
    Also put two tokens in and lowered the air by 5 pounds and the fork feels so much better.

dave
    Nice colors combination.

Did you change the stem to install the Renthal handlebars?

I'm considering also to install a 780mm in my Foxy XR.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Nope,

Same on/off that came with the frame. I had a jerome clementz bar before but it was 750 mm. Just wanted the same length as my dh bike where I have the alloy 780 version.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Nope,

Same on/off that came with the frame. I had a jerome clementz bar before but it was 750 mm. Just wanted the same length as my dh bike where I have the alloy 780 version.
    Thanks for your help.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Smile

dave
    Looking good, what have you used as a chainstay protector? It looks pretty neat

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    It is 3m tape, 2228 is the code. You can not get it here in Canada so I got it on ebay from China pretty cheap. I love the stuff, and will use in on the down tube of my dh frame. The stuff is bullet proof.

Anyone who has changed their rear shock to a RS Monarch. Have you noticed much of a difference? I am not a fan of the Fox shock on the bike. Actually, after the last few bikes I have had I do not see any fox products that are any good. Hopefully their new DH rear shock is good because that is what comes on the 2016 Summum.

dave

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    It is 3m tape, 2228 is the code. You can not get it here in Canada so I got it on ebay from China pretty cheap. I love the stuff, and will use in on the down tube of my dh frame. The stuff is bullet proof.

Anyone who has changed their rear shock to a RS Monarch. Have you noticed much of a difference? I am not a fan of the Fox shock on the bike. Actually, after the last few bikes I have had I do not see any fox products that are any good. Hopefully their new DH rear shock is good because that is what comes on the 2016 Summum.

dave
    Fox Evol air sleeve review - Factory Jackson Factory Jackson
    Review on a Foxy.

I would try the sleeve before buying another shock. I asked the writer if he could review the corset as well. These are the same problems I used to have with my suspension. As matter of fact, it is the same problem with all the bikes I have ever owned.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Thanks for that.

I was looking on the sram web site and it says that if you put a monarch on it should be set as a medium medium tune compared to the low low with a fox. Anyone notice this before?

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Usually it's the other way round as Fox shocks are far more active than the monarch.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Converting to bigger almost plus size tires on WTB i35 rims and WTB Breakout 2.5 titels.

mtbr member
    Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-uploadfromtaptalk1447713832072.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    It took about one year and three months before this happened:

Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-2015-11-14-14.50.38.jpg

The dealer, in this case alltricks.com, has confirmed that they are working with the warranty claim, and I am a little nervous about what is happening next.

Those of you who got a replacement rear triangle, did you have to send back the cracked triangle?

If I am not required to send away the broken triangle, I will grab my propane torch and fix it with Durafix right away, so I can use the bike. I have a Cube Stereo 29er I can use in the meantime, but to have a non functional Foxy troubles me more than I anticipated, before it happened.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Mine cracked on exactly the same spot. Local dealer sorted it out although I bought the bike online from abroad, and the whole replacement thing took no more than 10 days. They kept the old triangle so don't touch it...

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by OysteinS View Post
    It took about one year and three months before this happened:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-11-14 14.50.38.jpg 
Views:	746 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	1029902

The dealer, in this case alltricks.com, has confirmed that they are working with the warranty claim, and I am a little nervous about what is happening next.

Those of you who got a replacement rear triangle, did you have to send back the cracked triangle?

If I am not required to send away the broken triangle, I will grab my propane torch and fix it with Durafix right away, so I can use the bike. I have a Cube Stereo 29er I can use in the meantime, but to have a non functional Foxy troubles me more than I anticipated, before it happened.
    I live in Canada and I had to deal with silver fish since I got the frame in the UK. They did not ask for the triangle back. Service was excellent. Actually, got the replacement in just over 2 weeks. I know for a fact I would be hard pressed to get the same result from one of the big American Companies. It took me 4 months before Trek would do anything for me on a Session.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I am getting a replacement triangle shipped France->Norway, they tell me, so it seems safe to fix the old triangle. Winter has come today, and I don't have studded tires for the 29er, so I plan to fix the old triangle tonight. There might be pictures.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    This thread needs pics :-)

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Is anyone else having problems with creaking/knocking sounds from the linkage? I have a 2014 Alloy Foxy frame with 2015 rear swingarm. The bearings are almost new and all bolts are tight, but there is still this knocking sound that's driving me nuts. The only fault that I found is that of the bolts on the rocker&seat stay pivot is slightly bent. Its not visible with naked eye, but it needs some force to get it through the bearing. Could this be the source?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I always find my seat creaks. I did get creaking once I put my new swing arm on, but after using some Locktite it was gone.

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    how does the Foxy behave in tight turns? I'm thinking about replacing my old Santa Cruz SOLO with a Foxy carbon but I'm a bit worried about its length with that stuff...I suppose it's something you have to adapt to...?

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I don't actually notice it. I did a trial ride with a pike 140 29 fork off my TBLTc and noticed it then. Other than that i don't notice my L Foxy [ WB 1220mm] over my XL TBLTc slacked out to 68 deg[ 1190mm].SOLO is obviously shorter again. MY AMS 150 at WB 1160 and 68 deg converted to 650B is much more agile but i don't think the Foxy feels cumbersome in comparison. IMHO a slacked out 29er feels more cumbersome with the larger trail stat. Just depends how tight your trails are and as you say you adapt to bikes quickly,IMHO my TBLTC actually feels more stable at speed than my Foxy at 66.5 deg.

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    ok thanks for your help...I haven't actually heard about hardly anybody complaining about the length of the bike...and I'm really looking forward to trying something different from the VPP system...I have been a VPP user for several years but now I have the itch of trying something different...
    Quote Originally Posted by gvs_nz View Post
    I don't actually notice it. I did a trial ride with a pike 140 29 fork off my TBLTc and noticed it then. Other than that i don't notice my L Foxy [ WB 1220mm] over my XL TBLTc slacked out to 68 deg[ 1190mm].SOLO is obviously shorter again. MY AMS 150 at WB 1160 and 68 deg converted to 650B is much more agile but i don't think the Foxy feels cumbersome in comparison. IMHO a slacked out 29er feels more cumbersome with the larger trail stat. Just depends how tight your trails are and as you say you adapt to bikes quickly,IMHO my TBLTC actually feels more stable at speed than my Foxy at 66.5 deg.

I am a Nomad
    Hi guys, I am looking to get a 2016 Dune RR frame, to build up, but since I am between sizes I wonder if I should get a Medium or Large frame?
    Coming previously from a L Specialized Enduro 650B and before that a M/L Evil Uprising, I am leaning more towards the Large Dune, but with Mondraker's forward geometry being so much more long-low-slack on the very edges of the range, I am not sure. Wheelbase on medium is 1213mm and on large is 1238mm!
    Hence I am afraid to end up with a barge of a bike...
    I could definitely use some help and your views about sizing up or down on this frame.
    My stats:
    Height: 1.80m (5'9"), Legs: 100cm, Arms: 72cm, Torso: 50cm
    Weight fully kitted: around 90kilos (205lbs)
    I am an avid rider, intermediate to advanced skills and riding aggressively mostly single-track trails with limestone rocks (embedded and loose), roots, drops, step-downs, etc. Also looking to do the odd enduro event, but mostly weekend warrior.
    I like charging over everything and don't care, mostly about line selection, sort of speak.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Hi guys,

has anybody fitted an angleset to their Foxy? I'm looking at picking up a 2015 frame and running it with a -2 degree angleset and a 140mm fork (150mm actually, as it's the 26" Deville, which will take 650b wheels and runs an A to C of 535mm if I remember correctly).

Reason: I want the slacker head angle for steep alpine riding, but I also want a lower bottom bracket.

Anybody running a foxy with a 65.5. head angle? How does it steer? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tp806 View Post
    Hi guys, I am looking to get a 2016 Dune RR frame, to build up, but since I am between sizes I wonder if I should get a Medium or Large frame?
    Coming previously from a L Specialized Enduro 650B and before that a M/L Evil Uprising, I am leaning more towards the Large Dune, but with Mondraker's forward geometry being so much more long-low-slack on the very edges of the range, I am not sure. Wheelbase on medium is 1213mm and on large is 1238mm!
    Hence I am afraid to end up with a barge of a bike...
    I could definitely use some help and your views about sizing up or down on this frame.
    My stats:
    Height: 1.80m (5'9"), Legs: 100cm, Arms: 72cm, Torso: 50cm
    Weight fully kitted: around 90kilos (205lbs)
    I am an avid rider, intermediate to advanced skills and riding aggressively mostly single-track trails with limestone rocks (embedded and loose), roots, drops, step-downs, etc. Also looking to do the odd enduro event, but mostly weekend warrior.
    I like charging over everything and don't care, mostly about line selection, sort of speak.

I ordered a Vantage frame that has the same fit. I'm 5'9.5" and picked medium without giving it much thought. The large has a 470mm (18.5") seat tube which would be too long for me to run a 150mm dropper. Medium seem plenty long even with a 30mm stem to me.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."

I am a Nomad
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    I ordered a Vantage frame that has the same fit. I'm 5'9.5" and picked medium without giving it much thought. The large has a 470mm (18.5") seat tube which would be too long for me to run a 150mm dropper. Medium seem plenty long even with a 30mm stem to me.
    So in essence you think I should get a medium Dune; a large frame would be too tall and long for my height?
    And I would be forced to run only up to a 125mm dropper, due to the tall seat tube, of the large Dune?

mtbr member
    It is what I would pick. I didn't find a lot of info on sizing so I compared it to my past hardtails and came up with medium.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cockymonster View Post
    Hi guys,

has anybody fitted an angleset to their Foxy? I'm looking at picking up a 2015 frame and running it with a -2 degree angleset and a 140mm fork (150mm actually, as it's the 26" Deville, which will take 650b wheels and runs an A to C of 535mm if I remember correctly).

Reason: I want the slacker head angle for steep alpine riding, but I also want a lower bottom bracket.

Yes! I have a -1deg headset with a Fox 36 @ 150mm and it carves corners nicely. Its very composed in the steep and rough without being unwieldy on flatter trails. I'd go for it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Hi guys,

I run a 2016 27.5 F34 at 150 which gives me 66.5. With the larger offset it feels a bit twitchy to me and feels more neutral with a 50mm stem. I've also got a 26" 2012/13 F36, set at either 150 or 160 it feels good with OEM 30 stem and approx same 66.5 head angle. IMHO the shorter offset on the 26" fork feels better and also carves flat turns better. I may be also influenced by how stiff the F36 is compared to the 2016 F34. With the diet came quite a bit of flex.
    I've got a couple of sorted 150 mm 26" forks I'd like to run with an angleset at some stage. Only problem I can see is may have to use Cane creek head set top cap rather than the tall tapered OEM one?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Thanks for chiming in, guys. I'll just go for it then, I think.

mtbr member
    How about if you guys state your height, inseam, and which size frame you chose?
    Formerly Travis Bickle

mtbr member
    How about if you guys state your height, inseam, and which size frame you chose?
    Sure - I'm 5'10", 31" inseam and I chose the Foxy in size medium. It feels the best of all the bikes I've owned.

mtbr member
    May 2010

Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5

5'11", I chose Large.

Last edited by jaakkoso; 01-23-2016 at 09:09 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    178cm (so 5'10" i think) i took a L frame, no regrets.
    Tough i guess it depends on your arm and legs lengh

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    At 6' (183cm) I chose a large.

I would have chosen the XL if it had a shorter seat tube.

Then again, I do have long arms and ride with a PDent bar and stem...

Cheers,
    KP

mtbr member
    Thanks. I ordered a Vantage frame to experiment with the forward geometry and at 5'9.5" chose a medium. Should be here Friday and hopefully I can get it build and tested very soon.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    @Foxbat,
    any chance you' be able to measure your BB height (including the tires you use)?
    Or anybody else who has done so already or has too much time on their hands?

Aiming to get at around 13.5- 13.8" BB height with decent 2.4" tires, and wondering whether to have the Devilles dropped to 150 mm or 160 mm (my preference is for a little less travel).

Thanks!

Oh, and I'm 183 (6') tall with a 89cm (35") inseam. Chose a large.

mtbr member
    @Foxbat,
    any chance you' be able to measure your BB height (including the tires you use)?
    I get my Foxy back from the shop this evening with the new 26" crown installed. I'll measure the BB height tonight.

mtbr member
    @Foxbat,
    I pulled out the measuring tape and my BB height is 340mm (13.4") with a Fox36 @150mm, a -1deg headset, and Maxxis 2.4" 3C DHF's front and rear.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Excellent, thank you, Foxbat!
    Just got my Deville fork back from service, sits at 155mm now, 540 A to C. Should be pretty much equivalent to your Fox 150mm. That's about the number I was looking for. With a -2 degree angleset might be even a couple mm lower.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    BTW: any creaking issues with the pressfit BB92 on the Carbon Foxys?

Mondraker did change back to a threaded BB with the Carbon Dune, after all...

mtbr member
    Cockymonster, your name is quite disturbing😟
    Formerly Travis Bickle

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

I'll change it then

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    is this better for a user name?

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Pretty happy with her so far...got a question though, I've got installed a set of GXP crankset, and the PF 92 bb came with a wavy spacer and a 2.5 black spacer, .....does anyone know if I should install the black spacer?
    Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-img_3796.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Continuing my (the one with the disturbing other user name) questions
    Has anyone here tried a Bos Vip'r or Manitou McLeod in a Foxy? If so, what did you think, and for the Vip'r, what was your setup?
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Info for Ban

You do not need the black spacer on the GXP bottom bracket for the Foxy (on a PF92 unit)

Make sure you do fit the wavey washer tho.

Also if you change to a Hope PF 92 bottom bracket you still need the wavey washer

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Anyone know of a good way to get a mondraker into the states without paying a fortune? Seems like a bike I would love.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by richulr View Post
    Anyone know of a good way to get a mondraker into the states without paying a fortune? Seems like a bike I would love.
    I'm not sure about the US but in Canada it is always cheaper through the mail than by courier. I got my Vantage frame from Alltricks in France shipped here for $35 CDN and $40 tax.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    cheers mate!
    Quote Originally Posted by testrat View Post
    Info for Ban

You do not need the black spacer on the GXP bottom bracket for the Foxy (on a PF92 unit)

Make sure you do fit the wavey washer tho.

Also if you change to a Hope PF 92 bottom bracket you still need the wavey washer

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will check them out.

Any others?

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Anybody here ever try an aggressive short travel 29er (Banshee Phantom, Transition Smuggler etc.) in comparison with a Foxy?
    Similar thing in a way? Short travel but ballsy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    hi guys, i want to know what is the difference between 2014 frame and 2016 frame? geometry same or not ? thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I think everything is the same geo wise. However, the problems with the 14 were fixed with the 15. The 15 and 16 and dead the same for the xr down to the paint job minus the sticker kit. I have a 15 with the new rear triangle. If you can get a 15 you can save yourself some $$. All depends what you like for parts. I just bought a frame and built it. If you can get an xr and if you do not mind the formula breaks then you will be fine.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    btw,

just got my new Summum frame!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-p4pb13110399.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    sorry i dont know, what is the problem with 2014 frame?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    The rear triangle cracked. They reinforced it at the chainstays.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    The rear triangle cracked. They reinforced it at the chainstays.
    Oh $hit, I had my finger hovering for a week above checkout button at local mondraker dealer for Foxy XR L 2014 frameset, then I seen this...

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    There is nothing to worry about. Mondraker has been very swift about replacing cracked rear triangles on 2014 frame sets. They have stocked 2015 triangles in 2014 model year colours. I got my triangle replaced in a bit more than a week's time and you can't notice the difference.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Good to hear that they are prepared for that. I own Mondraker Foxy 2011, pre-forward geometry model and I'm quite happy with suspension and pedaling. But the frame flex a bit too much. I expect that 2014 model is better in that regard, as the upper linkage is one-piece design now and 12mm axle would help as well.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I'm tempted to import a 2015 XR frame but given its hard to find a lot of reviews compared to big brands, and I can't test it, I'm a little afraid of:

- the geometry design being quite different (which is also why im tempted)
    - the exposition of the shock to mud even with the flap

./me looking for sweet words and get convinced to get it anyway

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Best bike I have ever ridden hands down. I was a Santa Cruz guy before this. I have imported 3 mondrakers to Canada, that is how much I like how they ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    You are in a bit of trouble there Depeche4. That Summun is a serious bit of kit mate.

We wont hear your screams until the bike has gone past by a long way, such is the audible experience as you approach the sound barrier.

Nice - envy here. Cheers W

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamK View Post
    You are in a bit of trouble there Depeche4. That Summun is a serious bit of kit mate.

We wont hear your screams until the bike has gone past by a long way, such is the audible experience as you approach the sound barrier.

Nice - envy here. Cheers W
    Thanks,

second one. First with the proper 27.5 so it will be cool to see how it goes. My last one (2014) was fast, much faster than the Trek's and Santa Cruz bikes I was coming off of.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Hi guys,
    Anyone who could tell me the torques for both shock bolts on the 2015 Foxy carbon frame? They seem missing in the manual.
    Thanks!

Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-img_20160220_133455.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Hi,

All suspension bolts are have a torque setting of 15Nm.

Make sure you have good quality tools as the bolts are aluminium and the heads can/do distort quite easily

ps the black upper link mount is a t30 torxs but has a 5mm allen bot inside

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    ? My shock bolts are stainless and use a internal hex allen head.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Hi,
    does anyone have the 2016 Foxy model and could confirm that they have the 2016 Fox shock with the DPS system and the "firm" lockout (not the former CTD system) equipped?

The Mondraker website just says it has a
    "FOX FLOAT LV EVOL 3POS LEVER REAR SHOCK". So it is a DPS-one or did they rather just mount the EVOL sleeve to an older CDT-Model?
    Thanks!

I would also appreciate if someone could share the 4-letter "tuning-ID" printed on his shock on his 2016 Foxy model.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by branemb View Post
    Is anyone else having problems with creaking/knocking sounds from the linkage? I have a 2014 Alloy Foxy frame with 2015 rear swingarm. The bearings are almost new and all bolts are tight, but there is still this knocking sound that's driving me nuts. The only fault that I found is that of the bolts on the rocker&seat stay pivot is slightly bent. Its not visible with naked eye, but it needs some force to get it through the bearing. Could this be the source?
    I was getting driven crazy by this a few months ago, i was getting creaking when the pedals were going round and a knocking sound. I was thinking it was bottom bracket related but eventually i worked out that all it was, was the 2 suspension pivot bolts, they were dry, i removed them, greased them, and now the problem is solved

mtbr member
    Have been riding my '15 RR for over 2 months now. Bottom line is that I love it. A few negatives: The Formula CR3 brakes still rub but ever so slightly. The brake clamp is not compatible with the Fox remote or the Reverb remote so now my left thumb gets a lot of unnecessary exercise reaching for the remote which I have been using a lot.

The tires suck in the mud. Not sure why but I expected better performance out of Maxxis Ardents.

Now for the positives:
    - Love the dropper post
    - Love the 1x drive train (don't miss my 3x10)
    - Apart from the problems, the CR3 brakes perform very well
    - The CTD remote rocks. Never thought I'd use the remote as much.
    - The CB wheels look incredible. Haven't noticed any flex at all.
    - Absolutely loving the frame. Excellent internal routing (though I wish the rear triangle also came with internal routing but after the crack problems I can understand why they took that approach)

If I were being picky, I'd swap the grips for something softer and more ergonomic, the brakes for Guide, and the tires for Schwalbe or Continental but I can certainly live with what I have now.
    '11 Epic Comp, Shimano SPD M780, Giant Contact Switch-R, Specialized Ribcage, Bontrager Trip 200, Ergon GS1

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Built some 40mm wide chinese carbon wheels for my Dune this season and added a 203mm brake rotor on front wheel. Looking forward for the snow to melt!

But does anyone know if the 2016 upper/lower links are compatible with the 2015 models? If so, I wonder if it is worth to replace them. Had to replace the bearings twice last year..

ĹMondraker Foxy XR 27.5-20160319_104913.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by holdfast77 View Post
    I was getting driven crazy by this a few months ago, i was getting creaking when the pedals were going round and a knocking sound. I was thinking it was bottom bracket related but eventually i worked out that all it was, was the 2 suspension pivot bolts, they were dry, i removed them, greased them, and now the problem is solved
    I am having the same problem. Which bolts are you talking about. The two bolts on the suspension rocker?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Hi. I have a good offer for Foxy 2015 Medium Carbon. I am 178 sm. I am afraid that it will be too long for me. I check the geometry, Foxy has very long Reach than other bike on the market in Medium.
    Also have anybody poblems with carbon Foxy?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Hi. I have a good offer for Foxy 2015 Medium Carbon. I am 178 sm. I am afraid that it will be too long for me. I check the geometry, Foxy has very long Reach than other bike on the market in Medium.
    Also have anybody poblems with carbon Foxy?
    I am 178 cm too, 32" inseam when shopping clothes, and between large and medium with regards to Mondraker sizing. With a 30 or 35mm stem, med size is perfect for me, it climbs extremely well (technical climbing) and still very safe when it gets steep downwards.

The large version would require a 10mm stem, and together with the taller head tube, I think the handlebars would be too high. I used 10mm stem in the beginning, but I found that the bike climbed to poor with that setup, and too wiggly on low speed.

So I think a medium Foxy would be a good option. I tried a size XL Transition Smuggler, and found that was more or less perfect size for me. Smallish? Too bad for bigger guys.

mtbr member
    I'm the same height. Remember the Mondraker idea is to increase the top tube reach while simultaneously reducing the stem length. My RR is fine. The only occasion I have problems is when making a sharp turn with the dropper dropped.
    '11 Epic Comp, Shimano SPD M780, Giant Contact Switch-R, Specialized Ribcage, Bontrager Trip 200, Ergon GS1

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Hi!
    A small newbie question about the suspension screws, here a pix

If I want to tighten the screw, anticlockwise like the red arrow, right?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    You are correct. The threads are normal, but when disassembling, the bolts are coming out on the inside of the link, so they need to be screwed out when they are to be tightened.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I couldn't access the other side of the screw with the torque wrench when the damper is mounted. And the torque wrench doesn't work in the anticlockwise direction. That is why I hoped I were wrong with the red arrow... Thx

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Hi guys,
    Where can I order a derailleur hanger for the 2015 Foxy Carbon? What is the correct model? Thank you!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    ^is this the right one:

Hanger 2

mtbr member
    See my Foxy thread as l have the 2016 bike.
    My similar thread about the Foxy R was skipped over while this one has got over 700 replies!

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Japsel View Post
    I am having the same problem. Which bolts are you talking about. The two bolts on the suspension rocker?
    The 2 bolts at the top of the rear triangle (below the seat post), sorry for late reply!

mtbr member
    OK well despite being ignored l'll reply.

Those bolts are removed counterclockwise as they have a normal thread. On my bike they were very tight, you'll need an allen key with a handle to get enough leverage. You don't remove them from the inside of the triangle.

Confusingly the rest of the bolts on the suspension, particularly the two main pivot bolts above and behind the bottom bracket, are removed from the opposite end (not the end with the off centre hole)

On my Foxy R, greasing all these linkages stopped the creaking when pedalling, which had got really bad.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Hey, looking for help. i bought a spacer for my rear shock, all i really want to do is get access to the cannister so i can unscrew it and put the spacer in. It's pretty difficult to access on the 2014 Foxy R. What's the easiest way of removing the shock. Is it at the top bushing of the shock? I have a 5mm alan key which doesn't quite catch here, not sure if i'm using the wrong tool, or has perhaps in the past the local bike shop slightly rounded the inside of the bolt

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by OysteinS View Post
    I am 178 cm too, 32" inseam when shopping clothes, and between large and medium with regards to Mondraker sizing. With a 30 or 35mm stem, med size is perfect for me, it climbs extremely well (technical climbing) and still very safe when it gets steep downwards.

The large version would require a 10mm stem, and together with the taller head tube, I think the handlebars would be too high. I used 10mm stem in the beginning, but I found that the bike climbed to poor with that setup, and too wiggly on low speed.

So I think a medium Foxy would be a good option. I tried a size XL Transition Smuggler, and found that was more or less perfect size for me. Smallish? Too bad for bigger guys.
    Thank you. What about broken carbo Foxy?

mtbr member
    Oh and remove the shock and dismantle/grease the bushes (on the shock) Mine were solid, and l had to tap them out with a drift.
    This on a bike not six months old, but l have used it (70 rides since purchase at Christmas)

Clean up with emery paper, grease and re-assemble.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Hey there!
    I'm a newbie here, and I would like to purchase a Foxy XR 2016.
    I tested for a few minutes a Foxy R 2016 size L and felt ok.
    I am 176cm and can't decide. M or L ?
    Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!

mtbr member
    I am 167cm and the medium frame felt perfect for me, even though the Mondraker size chart (and the bike store) put me on a Small.

I would suggest the Medium because the Foxy frame is quite long, but in the end you need to if possible ride both sizes.

When l did that, it was straightaway obvious that the Medium was the bike for me, as the Small felt cramped.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    1.73cm and a medium here. Fits perfect. Don't let the reach fool you! I'm in The same riding position on my Foxy, reach 475 compared to my Marin Mount Vision, reach 425. Bodywise that is, the position on the bike doesn't compare of course. Compare reach and add the size of the stem to compare which size Foxy fits (based on that your current bike is a good fit!)

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I am 176cm with 80cm inner leg and the Medium fits perfect. And that's how it looks like.

Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-2018739-ai86nf6g6s1x-20160610_160025-medium.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Thanks for all the feedback. I have placed the order on the Foxy R aluminium size M.
    Really counting the days until it arrives and I can get it out for some shred.
    Will change the stic brakes with XT's and add a 50t sprocket from ONEup, and that's about it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hi guys, I broke my rear end last year and it happened again. Different spot but on the same part of the frame. Anyone else do this? Does it happen with the carbon frame?

DaveMondraker Foxy XR 27.5-img_0088.jpg

mtbr member
    Mine's been OK.

What kind of riding are you doing on it, are you pushing it to the limit with jumps etc or just general trail riding.
    How much do you weigh?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    trail riding. I ride fast but do not abuse the bike. That is the second rear end I broke. I think there is a structural issue. I am about 210.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

DT swiss RWS Bolt

Hi guys, first time I put off the rear wheel of my foxy (carbon r 2015) a tapered washer from the RWS bolt felt on the floor .. since I am not 100 percent sure where it belongs ( OK it's my first rear maxle...)
    See on the pix how I put it back,
    am I all right?
    Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-20160727_100140.jpgMondraker Foxy XR 27.5-how-looks.jpgMondraker Foxy XR 27.5-rws-teile.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    outside the frame

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Damn depeche4, not again

How was the customer service and what did they say about a second rear triangle beeing broken?

Mine is so far so good, hopefully it'll stay that way..

But concerning the previous pics posted by 1b6l could someone post a picture of how it is placed correctly because i am not too confident that i placed mine correctly while i built the bike... :s

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    The washer goes in the rear maxle , outside the frame in the disc brake side, I have double checked with a mondraker dealer. Not so obvious indeed

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Mondraker and silver - fish have been excellent. No problems with the warranty. Just have to wait for it to get shipped from Spain to England and then to Canada.

I have decided that I am going to put the frame back together and then sell it. I bought an Evil Insurgent frame. Everything fits (minus the post) and I should have that by Thursday at the latest. I love that foxy, especially after putting in the bigger spacer in the rear shock. However, breaking it twice is a little concerning. Now saying that, I am 215 pounds so someone lighter I assume would not have the same concerns. I still have a Mondraker Summum 2016 downhill bike, best bike I have ever ridden, hands down. And no issues at all, it is beefy.

So if you guys know of anyone in the States or Canada looking for a 2015 xr in large, brand new rear end. Send them my way.

Dave

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    new *****
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-img_0189.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Not again.... :-( @depeche4

But I have to say, nice new bike!!! Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Thanks,

if my wife knew what I spent on bikes I would be living in my new car!

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Anyone who have checked out the new Cane Creek DbCoil [IL] ? Kinda tempting to test it on my Dune..

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I would be interested to hear if the DbCoil fits a Foxy. But since the DbInline air will not fit (see information on the CC-website) I expect the DbCoil not to fit.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    CC website claims that my DBINLINE doesn't fit a Dune 2015 either, but I have had mine installed for over a year now For the DB Coil [IL] I guess it depends on the outer diameter of the spring...

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Sound interesting! Hopefully someone has close access to one to try. I don't unfortunately. And I'm not going to buy one and try on good luck.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Managed to fit it to my Dune 2015 Large. Had to remove a small part of the cable attachment that is on the inside though.

Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-20160917_182027.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Nice! Did you just remove the plastic cable clip or did you do changes to the frame? Looks nice! Question is if the square box of the Foxy is equal to the Dune?

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Had to file down parts of one side of the cable holder. But not much. It is still usable if the coil is removed. I do think the Foxy has less space, the climb switch part would hit the frame once compressed.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Hi. There is a chip between the seat stays and the suspension rocker that seems to be able to be flipped in order to make the bike slacker. Did anyone tried it yet?

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Does a Monarch RT3 Debon Air fits a Foxy Carbon? Someone already tested this setup?

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Yes that would be great if it fits. I am also wondering if the Fox X2 would also fit?

mtbr member
    May 2010

Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5

Monarch rt3 debonair fits

I am a Nomad
    Fox Float X2, I don't think it fits, on Foxy platform, too large external diameter. It only fits Dune carbon frame. Low volume Float X though probably fits.
    The box section down the frame is too narrow for fat body shocks... ;-)

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gpgalanis View Post
    Hi. There is a chip between the seat stays and the suspension rocker that seems to be able to be flipped in order to make the bike slacker. Did anyone tried it yet?
    You are probably talking about black round elongated nuts on the rocker... This is not flip chip, it is just a fancy bolt nut.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Talking of cracks, I've had the rear triangle replaced under warranty in May. I've now found a crack propagating from a weld on the main frame, awaiting a reply via the bike shop from Mondraker

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Talking of cracks, I've had the rear triangle replaced under warranty in May. I've now found a crack propagating from a weld on the main frame, awaiting a reply via the bike shop from Mondraker
    Is it problem with alloy frame only?

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    The rear triangle issue is a known problem with a batch of foxys,not sure about the crack I found in the weld, behind where the rear shock sits, it's clearly a welding / manufacturing defects although it took 2 & a half years to propagate to the surface

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Update - mondraker are giving me an upgraded foxy xr 2017 entire frame, front and rear triangle, not a bad replacement for my 2014 foxy r

n8_
    mtbr member
    May 2013
    How dumb would it be to buy a Foxy XR off one of the UK sites shipped to the US. Looks like I'd be into it about $3300 or so including duty fees. 5'10 - relatively short inseam / long torso. Sizing thoughts? I just recently rode one of the new devinci troys that have a relatively long geometry. I just have to admit I like funky/oddball bikes. Will I have any choice of getting a warranty on the frame if I bust something?

mtbr member
    I ordered a Vantage HT frame from Mondraker | Alltricks in France. The sent the frame to Canada by mail for about $35 and I saved money on brokerage because they didn't courier. It was cheap enough that I took a chance. It confirmed to me that I like their take on geometry and would love to try a Foxy. That said I don't think I could do that with a FS frame. More $ and more things that can go wrong. Warranty is going to involve shipping the frame to Europe, $$$.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

mtbr member
    The Troy is pretty cramped compared to a Mondraker. Devinci lengthened their bikes into the middle of the road, not long.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

mtbr member
    Hi I'm considering a Carbon Foxy frame and I'd like to know if there is any difference from the first 2014/15 frames and the current ones? also, what about the tire clearance in the back? would a big 2.5 tire fit?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Could you fit a 2.8 Rekon on a Foxy?

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Already a few months into my Foxy R 2016, and really happy with it. Could wish for a bit more small bump compliance on loose rocks at high speeds on the fox 34 and a higher front end, but apart from that, great bike.
    I am planning to do a small experiment for the 2017 season and change the air shaft on my fox 34 to bring it from 140mm to 160mm (like the Xr) and maybe add 1 or 2 volume spacers and slightly reduce the air volume so it would be a bit more plush at the beggining and ride higher in the travel.
    Any thoughts / insights on this?
    Thanks a lot!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    change it to 160. Best thing you could do. I ran 2 tokens and it was amazing.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Does some has the RAL colour code (or something similar) for the orange of the Foxy Carbon XR 2016 frame?
    I asked Mondraker on friday, but didnt receive an answer yet.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by savo View Post
    Hi I'm considering a Carbon Foxy frame and I'd like to know if there is any difference from the first 2014/15 frames and the current ones? also, what about the tire clearance in the back? would a big 2.5 tire fit?
    They changed the Dune but I haven't seen any foxy carbon cahnges in press releases.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Cristescu View Post
    Already a few months into my Foxy R 2016, and really happy with it. Could wish for a bit more small bump compliance on loose rocks at high speeds on the fox 34 and a higher front end, but apart from that, great bike.
    I am planning to do a small experiment for the 2017 season and change the air shaft on my fox 34 to bring it from 140mm to 160mm (like the Xr) and maybe add 1 or 2 volume spacers and slightly reduce the air volume so it would be a bit more plush at the beggining and ride higher in the travel.
    Any thoughts / insights on this?
    Thanks a lot!
    Minimum 150mm travel fork IMHO gives best handling. Ive had a 160 pike on my carbon XR . Felt spot on for AM /enduro stuff. For a trail bike I do like playfulness of the geometry with the 150mm fork. Easier to loft the front wheel too.

mtbr member
    I ordered a Vantage HT frame from Mondraker | Alltricks in France. The sent the frame to Canada by mail for about $35 and I saved money on brokerage because they didn't courier. It was cheap enough that I took a chance. It confirmed to me that I like their take on geometry and would love to try a Foxy. That said I don't think I could do that with a FS frame. More $ and more things that can go wrong. Warranty is going to involve shipping the frame to Europe, $$$.
    helo, does the vantage R frame has enough rear room for 2.5'' tyre ?
    2016 Ragley Mmmbop 27.5

more beers, less gears
    Mar 2010
    Hi, I'm a Foxy owner now. Got a good-as-new 2015 frame (carbon), built it up on friday and the rear axle loosened twice already.

I read through this thread and people seem to have the same issue. But is there a way to get rid of this problem?
    Did anybody try to fit a Shimano E-Thru axle? I've got one laying around and might try it.
    Or would a simple bolt style Syntace X-12 axle do the trick?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Update - mondraker are giving me an upgraded foxy xr 2017 entire frame, front and rear triangle, not a bad replacement for my 2014 foxy r
    Hi there, my 2014 Foxy frame also cracked in the same place... Did they include also a new shock when they gave you a replacement 2017 frame? I'm waiting for the replacement from Mondraker through my lbs and I'm wondering.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Never had a problem with mine. Make sure it has the conical spacer on the axle. It may make a difference if you have lost that.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Just joined after finding this on my 2016 Foxy XR this morning after putting the bike onto the bike rack after a short spin out with my wee fella...
    Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-img_20170829_115919.jpg Let's see how Mondraker handle this..

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    did anyone managed to fit a coil shock to the foxy?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I got my second replacement rear triangle for my Foxy 2014, a few weeks ago. I assumed that the warranty had expired, but I gave a shot anyway, and alltricks.com provided a new rear triangle free of charge for the second time. There was some export problems, out of France, so it took quite a while.

I wouldn't be too concerned about getting a replacement for newer frames, as it seems that they are still great, with regards to warranty.

I had decided to go for the Foxy Carbon RR SL, but Mondraker didn't reply to questions regarding availability, so they lost me as a steady customer. Thus, I bought an Evil Calling frame instead. I was a little concerned about going down to 440mm reach, but it worked out very well. I never became speed demon anyway, I'm more interested in popping and hopping these days, and the Calling seems to suit me well.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    So, I can't get definite confirmation anywhere (including from Mondraker). Anybody know for certain, if a Rockshox Monarch RCT3 Debonair (not the piggy back plus) will fit in a 2015 0r 2016 Carbon Foxy XR frame ?

I've been told the can will fit but it's not clear to me if there is any fouling under compression. What about cable rub from the stealth dropper post on the shock ? I believe the Debonair will fit the alloy foxy of the same vintage but I think there is less room on the carbon version. thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Did anyone put an angled headset on their Foxy XR to change the head angle from 66.5 degrees to 65.5? If yes, is the change worth it and what are the pros and cons?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Did anyone put an angled headset on their Foxy XR to change the head angle from 66.5 degrees to 65.5? If yes, is the change worth it and what are the pros and cons?
    Where can you buy the angled headset?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I did, I purchased a Superstar Components Slackerizer angleset (-2 degrees) and used it for some weeks, during august 2016. I did't notice much difference for normal use, trail riding, but statistically, I tended to fail getting up intricate technical climbs, more than before.

So I removed it, and went back to the nominal head angle. I think that I had limited advantages of the slackness downwards, and more trouble upwards.

I still keep my Foxy frame, and plan to rebuild it, if I find a reasonable priced fork, and I consider using a 140mm fork along with the -2 degrees head cups.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by TrondAM View Post
    Anyone who have checked out the new Cane Creek DbCoil [IL] ? Kinda tempting to test it on my Dune..
    Any news on this? I am thinking about installing a coil to my carbon XR but i need to be sure if it fits before spending the money..

Regards

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast