Mondraker foxy 2018 & above- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Mondraker foxy 2018 & above

I hope someone can help guide me with the sizing of the foxy as I have no demos or sales of mondraker near. I'm 5' 8.5" 164lbs, I ride medium in everything, though with the Mondraker reviews say its almost to long... the reach is 480mm for the medium, 460mm for small... Suggested height for medium is 5'6"- 5'11".
    I've seen guy get a large(when they should be on a medium) in other makers because they like the length. Could I do the opposite and downsize one size? Any predicted complications.
    Best case... does anyone kind soul have a small or medium foxy I could gently ride around a parking lot in the Phoenix area??

Thanks, Joe

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Any advice?... as I really like this bike.. the reviews, the function for my style of riding, plus
    I'm going to the Sedona bike fest in a couple of weeks but there are no mondraker demos.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by joe90 View Post
    I hope someone can help guide me with the sizing of the foxy as I have no demos or sales of mondraker near. I'm 5' 8.5" 164lbs, I ride medium in everything, though with the Mondraker reviews say its almost to long... the reach is 480mm for the medium, 460mm for small... Suggested height for medium is 5'6"- 5'11".
    I've seen guy get a large(when they should be on a medium) in other makers because they like the length. Could I do the opposite and downsize one size? Any predicted complications.
    Best case... does anyone kind soul have a small or medium foxy I could gently ride around a parking lot in the Phoenix area??

Thanks, Joe
    Medium, 100%.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Any advice on that extra long Mondraker reach in the medium? I like a shorter reach like the stumpjumper but there’s other things I dislike about the stumpjumper.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I rode a large foxy 29er, for 6', and it honestly didn't feel super long. It felt long, but not crazy to the point it's uncomfortable. It actually felt super good when I got used to it.

I'd say to stick with their recommendations. Best is obvisouly to try, if you ever make it to Colorado, there are some in Colorado Springs (qarv imports). Or, at least, just try to hop on a bike with progressive geo, see if you like it (newer GGs, pole, newer yetis, specialized stumpjumper EVO...)

EDIT: if you're set on the thought "I Like a shorter reach", MR is not for you. A bike is a whole. If you downsize, you may run into other issues (seat tube too short, chainstays too short, your weight might be oddly distributed on the bike...)

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Thanks for the feedback. I don't think I'll be up in the Colorado area soon but I have called and touch base with some bike shops in golden Colorado. We'll see but I am very interested in the rear geometry and overall geometry… I Just have to work on that test ride???

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    If anyone is selling a 2018 size SMALL frame or entire Mondraker Foxy 27.5" I might be a buyer as I'm shopping for my wife.

A frame only SL would be ideal, but I'm flexible.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    I am looking at a 2017 Foxy 27.5 XR. If I don't pull the trigger, I'll pass along the details.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by TXPABIKER View Post
    I am looking at a 2017 Foxy 27.5 XR. If I don't pull the trigger, I'll pass along the details.
    Thanks for that, however I already completed a purchase of an '18 Foxy 27.5 RRSL demo model for my wife. It's rad.

mtbr member
    Great! That's a high octane build there. I'm trying to make the mental leap on sizing. Do you mind sharing the frame size and your wife's height/inseam? I ride my Triumph Street Triple R with a reasonable stretch to the bars and think nothing of it. However, I've mental hang up on a 458mm reach for some reason. I think I'm 70% of the way there.

Congrats again on the purchase. I hope your wife's enjoy such a rad bike this season!

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    It's a small and my wife is 5'3.5". Average size legs for her height.
    She was super cramped on her previous size small Giant.
    The Foxy does everything better, particularly the fit. Also it weighs under 27#s and she climbs much better on it even though the Giant was considered a very efficient XC bike.
    I ride a L Foxy 29 myself at 5'11" and I love these bikes and the long fit.

mtbr member
    I think you may have sold me. She and I are about the same height. I wish we had a Mondraker dealer here in Dallas to at least take a look. Closest that I'm aware of is in Austin. Appreciate the feedback. If I pull the trigger, I'll post a pic!

Now, if only Northshore would dry out....

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by TXPABIKER View Post
    I think you may have sold me. She and I are about the same height. I wish we had a Mondraker dealer here in Dallas to at least take a look. Closest that I'm aware of is in Austin. Appreciate the feedback. If I pull the trigger, I'll post a pic!

Now, if only Northshore would dry out....
    Come to Austin and you can ride this one.

mtbr member
    Appreciate the offer, but I need to get sorted before 6/20 for a weekend trip to RPR and Spider Mtn.

My Stache has a new home with a young husband and wife from East Texas as of this AM. Let me know if you guys put up an instragram of you're riding the Foxy bikes. That carbon build at <27#s is nice.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Come down this weekend for a demo, then order one from Cycle Progression in Austin and pick yours up the weekend of June 20th.
    Qarv (the mondraker distributor) has a demo yellow small '18 27.5" with the coil shock and the 160 fork, that CP will sell you for about $4k. Personally I would make them swap off the coil shock for an air shock but that's just me.