mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Mondraker foxy 2018 & above

I hope someone can help guide me with the sizing of the foxy as I have no demos or sales of mondraker near. I'm 5' 8.5" 164lbs, I ride medium in everything, though with the Mondraker reviews say its almost to long... the reach is 480mm for the medium, 460mm for small... Suggested height for medium is 5'6"- 5'11".
    I've seen guy get a large(when they should be on a medium) in other makers because they like the length. Could I do the opposite and downsize one size? Any predicted complications.
    Best case... does anyone kind soul have a small or medium foxy I could gently ride around a parking lot in the Phoenix area??

Thanks, Joe

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Any advice?... as I really like this bike.. the reviews, the function for my style of riding, plus
    I'm going to the Sedona bike fest in a couple of weeks but there are no mondraker demos.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by joe90 View Post
    I hope someone can help guide me with the sizing of the foxy as I have no demos or sales of mondraker near. I'm 5' 8.5" 164lbs, I ride medium in everything, though with the Mondraker reviews say its almost to long... the reach is 480mm for the medium, 460mm for small... Suggested height for medium is 5'6"- 5'11".
    I've seen guy get a large(when they should be on a medium) in other makers because they like the length. Could I do the opposite and downsize one size? Any predicted complications.
    Best case... does anyone kind soul have a small or medium foxy I could gently ride around a parking lot in the Phoenix area??

Thanks, Joe
    Medium, 100%.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Any advice on that extra long Mondraker reach in the medium? I like a shorter reach like the stumpjumper but there’s other things I dislike about the stumpjumper.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I rode a large foxy 29er, for 6', and it honestly didn't feel super long. It felt long, but not crazy to the point it's uncomfortable. It actually felt super good when I got used to it.

I'd say to stick with their recommendations. Best is obvisouly to try, if you ever make it to Colorado, there are some in Colorado Springs (qarv imports). Or, at least, just try to hop on a bike with progressive geo, see if you like it (newer GGs, pole, newer yetis, specialized stumpjumper EVO...)

EDIT: if you're set on the thought "I Like a shorter reach", MR is not for you. A bike is a whole. If you downsize, you may run into other issues (seat tube too short, chainstays too short, your weight might be oddly distributed on the bike...)
    French line enthusiast and expat in Denver, ig; lazoup

Megatrail FS

I Like bikes, I really do