Marzocchi - Better late than never - Page 4- Mtbr.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    how does the NCR ti compare with the NCR? also, does the Ti version come with different weight coils?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by giladgu View Post
    how does the NCR ti compare with the NCR? also, does the Ti version come with different weight coils?
    I think I put a comparison somewhere in this thread earlier but it boils down to this (IMHO) the NCR Ti is more DH than XC and has a significantly more progressive ramp to it where the NCR air is more linear out of the box but can be made to have an almost as deep progressive curve just by adjusting the compression damper and it rides more XC than DH.

I like the air version better myself but I am more of an xc/distance/trail kind of rider and I don't get too aggressive or jump a bunch. Rock gardens I love though and both forks eat them alive.

There is only one spring for the Ti fork (same with the R model) but both use an air preload that can firm the fork up rather significantly.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Marzocchi_USA View Post
    I think I put a comparison somewhere in this thread earlier but it boils down to this (IMHO) the NCR Ti is more DH than XC and has a significantly more progressive ramp to it where the NCR air is more linear out of the box but can be made to have an almost as deep progressive curve just by adjusting the compression damper and it rides more XC than DH.

I like the air version better myself but I am more of an xc/distance/trail kind of rider and I don't get too aggressive or jump a bunch. Rock gardens I love though and both forks eat them alive.

There is only one spring for the Ti fork (same with the R model) but both use an air preload that can firm the fork up rather significantly.
    im not worried about firming it up but im more worried about making it softer. im very light (130) how does it work with someone that light

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by giladgu View Post
    im not worried about firming it up but im more worried about making it softer. im very light (130) how does it work with someone that light
    I would recommend the NCR air over the Ti for anyone under 150 lbs. the coil used in the Ti is a 7.7 Kn rating and may be too firm to help achieve full travel.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    8507025/P
    SEAL KIT 32MM - SINGLE SEAL RED XC

These are not available yet as aftermarket though. I haven't seen an ETA for them here in the US.
    Thank you for the info

mtbr member
    May 2011

I'm surprised to hear that the NCR Ti feels more progressive than the NCR as that's the reverse of most air vs springs comparisons, would you put that down to differences in the damping cartridges they ship with? Would you say the Ti is more sensitive to small bumps than the standard NCR?

Also, what would you say the ideal rider weight range is for the spring that the NCR Ti comes with? I was feeling pretty set on getting the NCR based on weight, but I'm second guessing myself now. The Ti isn't exactly a heavy fork and the extra weight would be worth it to me if it meant a step up in traction and performance.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan.Being View Post
    I'm surprised to hear that the NCR Ti feels more progressive than the NCR as that's the reverse of most air vs springs comparisons, would you put that down to differences in the damping cartridges they ship with? Would you say the Ti is more sensitive to small bumps than the standard NCR?

Also, what would you say the ideal rider weight range is for the spring that the NCR Ti comes with? I was feeling pretty set on getting the NCR based on weight, but I'm second guessing myself now. The Ti isn't exactly a heavy fork and the extra weight would be worth it to me if it meant a step up in traction and performance.
    looking forward to the response. if there is one big complaint on Marz coil forks, it's the "one spring for all" attitude they seem to have. that weight group seems to me to be about 200+lbs. to top it off, if you can find another option from Marz., they're $280! C'mon, man!
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan.Being View Post

It may be hard to fathom but the air spring in conjunction with the way the NCR cartridge operates and the adjustment range in it the air fork comes out significantly more linear on stroke than the coil model. Both products use the same NCR cartridge but because of the nature of the different spring systems the cartridge works differently.

As far as small bump sensitivity, I didn't notice a difference really between the air and coil. for the first 1/8 or so of travel after sag both forks react to small bumps the same and are really supple. It is once the trail gets faster and rougher you feel the differences between them.

I would have to say ideal rider weight range for the Ti is from 180lbs - 210-ish. the upper end can probably go up to 220-230 pretty easily. One of the guys here in house is a solid 230, he is a bid dude and he has been rocking his 350 CR for a year now with no issues so I imagine the Ti can go to at least as much. I have no official weight limits for riders on either fork though.

What bike do you want to put the fork on? where do you ride most and what type of terrain is it and what are the dirt/soil conditions like and how aggressive of a rider are you (do you jump shit or keep it low and on the ground)? I call jumping more aggressive as it is a better baseline to than trying to judge how fast someone rides through particular trail conditions as those are always variable and ever changing. Jumping stuff regularly gives a better baseline for aggressiveness for riding.

I sent a Ti model off to Bike Magazine and an air model to MTBR so look for those tests soon.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    @Marzocchi_USA have the 053 shocks landed yet? or when are they supposed to?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by savo View Post
    @Marzocchi_USA have the 053 shocks landed yet? or when are they supposed to?
    Still looking at the end of April or so
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Really tempted by a 350ncr to go on my canyon spectral instead of a set of pikes. I'm surprised there arent more reviews - good or bad - out there yet - can anyone who has used or owned a pair for a while share their experiences? how have they held out? Any loss of performance? Have you had to service them yet? Do they cope with harsh / muddy winters ok? Ive heard about some issues with the stantion coating - is this isolated?

If they are as good as my 55ti forks I'll be seriously happy

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacked View Post
    Really tempted by a 350ncr to go on my canyon spectral instead of a set of pikes. I'm surprised there arent more reviews - good or bad - out there yet - can anyone who has used or owned a pair for a while share their experiences? how have they held out? Any loss of performance? Have you had to service them yet? Do they cope with harsh / muddy winters ok? Ive heard about some issues with the stantion coating - is this isolated?

The soating problems we saw were on the gold ones, not the new Espresso ones and that was a small batch, not very widespread.

I have Bikemag.com on an NCR Ti now and MTBR just got an NCR air so look for reviews soon
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacked View Post

the 350 NCR is seriously better than the 55 models, significantly smoother
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    FYI to everyone I am moving on from Marzocchi USA so this thread will be unmanned for a while while Mat and Alex get it sorted out about who will answer questions here on MTBR. Plus all next week everyone will be at Sea Otter.

cheers to all!

-DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Sad to see you go. I hope your eventual replacement here shares your honest opinions and helpful answers.
    I don't crash, I just have slightly uncontrolled dismounts!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Good luck with your move...are you staying within the biking industry?

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Before you go,
    There are some rumors on the web that Marzocchi is closing. Its unclear if they will only close their facilities in Italy or worldwide (I really hope its only in Italy).
    Do you have any info or can you clear that for us?
    Sorry for the latin spoken links, one is in italian and the other in spanish.

Marzocchi y su cierre inminente | Montenbaik

Crisi alla Marzocchi addio alle forcelle più famose del mondo - la Repubblica.it

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo5pro View Post
    Good luck with your move...are you staying within the biking industry?
    Yeah, I'll be moving over to Crank Brothers as their sports marketing manager. wicked stoked about it! As a long time user of their stuff it's pretty much a dream job and move for me.

I'll have to open up my own account here, at least to answer CB questions. and yes, I am keeping all my Marzocchi products, that shit is sweet!

-DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by artishouk View Post
    Before you go,
    There are some rumors on the web that Marzocchi is closing. Its unclear if they will only close their facilities in Italy or worldwide (I really hope its only in Italy).
    Do you have any info or can you clear that for us?
    Sorry for the latin spoken links, one is in italian and the other in spanish.

Marzocchi y su cierre inminente | Montenbaik

Crisi alla Marzocchi addio alle forcelle più famose del mondo - la Repubblica.it
    The unions there have blown it all up. This whole story is for our moto division as they have been suffering for a while so Tenneco is going to pull the plug on them. Because the unions run the building in Italy they went on strike after hearing of their shutdown. our MTB division work inside the same building.

Everything is business as usual from all we have been told here in the US. I have seen 2016 product and production is still going in Taiwan, I saw the production updates this week so I wouldn't pay much attention to any of the news out there.

-DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiplague View Post
    Sad to see you go. I hope your eventual replacement here shares your honest opinions and helpful answers.
    Thanks! I'm sure Mat and/or Alex will keep it real.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    May 2006

New question here.

Do I have time for one more easy question ? ; )

Do the 380 lower legs fit on 888/66s ? Thanks!

Also, thanks a lot for answering everyone's questions here, this is great customer service and part of why I am happy to be on Marzocchi products. More companies should do this. Best of luck with your new projects!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by guim View Post
    Do I have time for one more easy question ? ; )

Do the 380 lower legs fit on 888/66s ? Thanks!

Also, thanks a lot for answering everyone's questions here, this is great customer service and part of why I am happy to be on Marzocchi products. More companies should do this. Best of luck with your new projects!
    the 380 lowers won't work on the 888 or 66, they are different widths.

thanks!
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    been riding the 350 ti and after getting the preload dialed that thing is so sick. just like the old zochs but more refined. the charts for recommended preload are waayyyyy off

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    That's odd. I settled on 95psi for my 350 NCR (at 210lbs riding weight) which is pretty much what the chart suggests.

This surprised me because previous Marzocchi fork manuals seemed like they were written by someone on crack as they were always way off But the NCR and NCR TI are two completely different forks so I guess it's comparing apples to oranges.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by henkster View Post
    That's odd. I settled on 95psi for my 350 NCR (at 210lbs riding weight) which is pretty much what the chart suggests..
    That's because you have an air fork, whereas invol2ver has a fork with a titanium coil, the 350NCR Ti, which has air preload with a coil main spring. Marzocchi only do one weight spring, so the only way to get sag is with the air pre-load system, which has always been a bit finicky in it's set up, in that even going slightly over the recommended psi can make the fork very harsh.

mtbr member
    Any setup suggestions for my new 350 NCR(everyday use)? The first ride was a little bit harsh..

Marzocchi - Better late than never-20150410_111325.jpg

Marzocchi - Better late than never-20150402_090326s.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    w/o any knowledge or experience other than riding Marzocchi forks ownly for 15 yrs., i would set the sag as much as you feel comfortable with, but not more than 35%, as little comp. adj. as feels right , just enough rebound to to be effective & ride it as hard & often as you can. Marz. seals take some time to wearin before stiction loosens up.
    do you know about the oil level in the fork? did a LBS check it? i'd check it myself if it was mine, but i hear Marz. frowns on that to the point of voiding warranty! true? i'm not sure, but you need to know the oil is right.
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I ride at around 160 lbs and run the 350 NCR Air with 70 psi and 10 clicks of compression damping.
    Since the damper is sealed I believe the only oil you can check is the little bit that goes in the legs for lubrication.
    Btw, I love the fork!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by psycle-on View Post
    I ride at around 160 lbs and run the 350 NCR Air with 70 psi and 10 clicks of compression damping.
    Since the damper is sealed I believe the only oil you can check is the little bit that goes in the legs for lubrication.
    Btw, I love the fork!
    How about the rebound?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post
    Ride it as hard & often as you can. Marz. seals take some time to wear in before stiction loosens up.
    This. If that was your first ride on your fork, then you may need to give it at least a couple more rides for it to wear in. If it doesn't feel better in a couple of rides, then I'd start to think about checking the oil levels.

mtbr member
    The 350NCR uses the DBC cartridge, which uses the splash/bath oil in the lowers, so it isn't a completely sealed system. Under big compression events then oil is forced out of a small hole in the top of the cart and then new oil is sucked into it from a one way valve at the base of the valve. This means that if you do add or replace the splash oil, then you need to make sure it is the same weight that Marz specifies, otherwise you may end up changing the compression and rebound characteristics of the fork.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by looperx View Post
    How about the rebound?
    I knew I was forgetting something! I am at work now but can check the rebound tonight. I have it set reasonably fast though.

mtbr member
    The 350NCR uses the DBC cartridge, which uses the splash/bath oil in the lowers, so it isn't a completely sealed system. Under big compression events then oil is forced out of a small hole in the top of the cart and then new oil is sucked into it from a one way valve at the base of the valve. This means that if you do add or replace the splash oil, then you need to make sure it is the same weight that Marz specifies, otherwise you may end up changing the compression and rebound characteristics of the fork.
    Thats why after every big and fast hit the fork makes a noise like it vacuums air?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I knew I was forgetting something! I am at work now but can check the rebound tonight. I have it set reasonably fast though.
    I am running 15 clicks in from fully open.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    What offset will the new 350+ be running and will the normal 350 get and updated offset up from the current 40mm?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Those of you running 350ncr TI, how much pressure are you running in preload, for someone around 210~220lbs.
    Personally hate running cheap fix with air preload but there's no firmer spring for it. Hopefully there will be more spring options soon

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I'm curious about that new (red) single lip seal. Is it made by SKF? And how does it compare with their current SKF (green) seal?

mtbr member
    This. If that was your first ride on your fork, then you may need to give it at least a couple more rides for it to wear in. If it doesn't feel better in a couple of rides, then I'd start to think about checking the oil levels.
    I have bought Golden Spectro and Molykote and i am planning to open my 350 NCR to check the oil levels and lubricate it with Molykote. I 've watched this video www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWYuVziYtwk and i have a few questions. Do i have to remove the cartridge to check the oil level on this side? Also on which parts do i have to apply Molykote?
    Last edited by looperx; 04-30-2015 at 04:14 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015

Marzocchi 350 Espresso problem

Hi. I have problem with my Marzocchi 350 CR with espresso coating, it's from Merida bike. This coating is damaged after about a month of riding. Where is the problem? Thanks for answer. Foto in attachment

Attachment 985074

Attachment 985075

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I have bought Golden Spectro and Molykote and i am planning to open my 350 NCR to check the oil levels and lubricate it with Molykote. I 've watched this video www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWYuVziYtwk and i have a few quetions. Do i have to remove the cartridge to check the oil level on this side? Also on which parts do i have to apply Molykote?
    Previous post by OEM.They no longer use Golden spectro in their forks.

mtbr member
    He said that they use Torco but Golden Spectro is fine. I have read some reviews and Golden Spectro is a very good fork oil. Could anyone help me with this? --> "Do i have to remove the cartridge to check the oil level on this side? Also on which parts do i have to apply Molykote?"

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I only pointed it out as it may have a different CST values even though both are 7.5wt.

mtbr member
    Is there any update for the 053 S3C2R shock regarding the availability?
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

mtbr member
    No news good news??
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    anybody else finding the 350 ti to be way to progressive? it seems to be really active and great for the first half of the stroke but way to progressive and stiff the last half which is really strange for a coil fork

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I have the 350 NCR (non-ti) and can't fault it, but with my 380 ti it had the same issue. There's an elastomer bumper inside the coil on the 380 that would make the rate ramp up dramatically about 75% through the stroke. I cut the elastomer down by about 5mm at a time until I got the feel I wanted. Much improved things for me.

I'm assuming that the 350 has the same spring/elastomer-bottom-out-bumper thing going on inside. If not then nothing to see here, move along

There's more here:
    380 - anyone put a season on one? | Ridemonkey.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    is it possible to buy the insides of the coil NCR and put them into the air NCR?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Uphill=sad View Post
    Anyone pulled the lower legs of the NCR Ti's? the CR's is a simple job but the NCR's on the damper side the lower leg retaining bolt just rotates.

Since I live in a country without a service centre and warranty is not an issue, I'm happy to live with the consequences, but would rather not be randomly undoing bolts trial and error style.

Very unimpressed with the lack of information out there, compared to other manufacturers.
    Just though I would update this.

Fork was sent away (internationally - took 9 weeks for a turn around to occur).

Fork has been replaced under warranty, Damper unit was broken in some such way which made it impossible to undo, the stanchions had streaks occuring, from incorrect bushing tolerances, so both lowers and stanchions had to be replaced.

Question is do a sell the replacement forks whilst their brand new or risk more problems later on... this I haven't decided on yet. Great fork, but the warranty issues (3 of them) have soured it a little for me.

Still most unimpressed with the lack of technical information out there, release the freakn workshop manuals, corporate policy is not exactly great for the end user.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Just though I would update this.

Fork was sent away (internationally - took 9 weeks for a turn around to occur).

Fork has been replaced under warranty, Damper unit was broken in some such way which made it impossible to undo, the stanchions had streaks occuring, from incorrect bushing tolerances, so both lowers and stanchions had to be replaced.

Question is do a sell the replacement forks whilst their brand new or risk more problems later on... this I haven't decided on yet. Great fork, but the warranty issues (3 of them) have soured it a little for me.

Still most unimpressed with the lack of technical information out there, release the freakn workshop manuals, corporate policy is not exactly great for the end user.
    In the middle of the exact same experience except my fork also has scratched stanchions after the 4th ride. Already looking at a pike as soon as I get a new fork from them hopefully at some point this year.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    A bit of history: the fork had a clicking sound, so I gave it to local official Marzocchi dealer (as stated on marzocchi website).

Later after some abuse in the mountains the fork almost stopped working, after I came back I decided to service the fork myself and that is what I see on the air spring piston rod:
    Attachment 988531

WTF is that blue resin crap? I think that blue stuff is the solution by the shop to stop fork from clicking. Maybe someone disassembled 350 CR and can confirm that the blue stuff is or is not supposed to be there?

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Can anyone post a pic of the piston of their 350 CR, please?

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    well, just put the fork together without that blue stuff - works fine but the clicking sound returned. it seems it was their 'fix' for clicking sound.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by invol2ver View Post
    anybody else finding the 350 ti to be way to progressive? it seems to be really active and great for the first half of the stroke but way to progressive and stiff the last half which is really strange for a coil fork
    Setting up the correct pressure in the air chamber for the 350 NCR Ti (coil version) is a hit or miss affair. As you mentioned in your PM, the shock pump that included is garbage and what is needed is a low pressure pump with legible low end gauge readings.
    Im 77 kg RTR and the recommended 22 PSI turns the fork into one suffering from rigor mortis with all dials set to fully open. I tried 3 different 'normal' fork shock pumps with identical results. I recommend if anyone is having issues is to go by the # of hand pumps instead. 1 full pump over or under makes a huge difference when it comes to isolating that sweet spot.

With a regular shock pump for my weight, I've narrowed it down to between 14 - 16 full pumps based on my sag % and the conditions I ride. Go with # of pumps and not the gauge readings for the Ti model if experiencing difficulties.
    Last edited by Chromagftw; 05-17-2015 at 08:28 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    if anyone is looking for a ti I have one for sale at a good price on pinkbike

mtbr member
    Any idea when the mtbr and other review will be published?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    yeah, I am still on the look out for a 350 NCR Ti review, reading some of the comments above i am a little worried about the build quality!

I have been riding a 66 Ti for over 3 years now and have put on around 7000 miles of riding in all conditions never once cracked them open or gotten them serviced. They are probably full of mud and water but they still work great. I am just finding them a little on the heavy side and i would love a climb mode for those long long road / fireroad climbs where you really really dont need any suspension, perhaps i should carry a block of wood to wedge between the crown and the wheel arch

Anyhow back to the point in hand, anyone found any reviews at all or any other personal experiences with them would be great to know.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by phat-ant View Post
    yeah, I am still on the look out for a 350 NCR Ti review, reading some of the comments above i am a little worried about the build quality!

I have been riding a 66 Ti for over 3 years now and have put on around 7000 miles of riding in all conditions never once cracked them open or gotten them serviced. They are probably full of mud and water but they still work great. I am just finding them a little on the heavy side and i would love a climb mode for those long long road / fireroad climbs where you really really dont need any suspension, perhaps i should carry a block of wood to wedge between the crown and the wheel arch

Anyhow back to the point in hand, anyone found any reviews at all or any other personal experiences with them would be great to know.
    There are a couple of reviews in German sites, as threads on german forums. I used google Translate at the moment, but translation was bad, so no good for me. If there is a German/English speaker in this forum who could help us with a summary, I think there is plenty of us who would much appreciate it...

I am also worried about the quality, as with the fact that Tenneco is looking how to close or sell the factory. Lets hope that some company in the business buys Marzocchi soon

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    hi Artishouk, do you have any URLs handy that you could post up for us to look over? I cant speak German either but would still be curious to have a look.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    This one is in spanish (my native language, but it says more about the R and CR than the NCR)
    Hilo de las nuevas Marzocchi 350 | ForoMTB.com

Over here it gets a lightly biased review because of the weather (mainly snow) and comparison with Pike and Fox 36
    Im Test: Marzocchi 350 NCR - Dirt Magazine DE

This is a Tech Seminar from Marzocchi from Sicklines
    » Tech Seminar : 2015 Marzocchi Suspension - Sick Lines – mountain bike reviews, news, videos | Your comprehensive downhill and freeride mountain bike resource

A forum thread on Ridemoney
    Marz 350 goes coil for 2015 | Ridemonkey.com

And a thread on a German forum asking for a comparison between Foxs 36 and NCR
    2015 Fox 36 Float 170mm vs Marzocchi 350 NCR Titanium - Erfahrungsaustausch - Federung & Co

It seems it was time for me to give something back to this forum! Hope it help you guys!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Currently there is no review of the ti version available. the reviews mentioned above all don't refer to the ti version. The German thread holds no information yet, because no one on there has ridden the fork yet...

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Hi, i weigh about 85kg, im considering buying marzocchi 350CR, some of the tests says that those forks are designed for heavier riders, and i am looking for very good small bump sensitivity, summing up, should i get that fork?
    also, is this true that 350CR works way better with the air preload disabled completely?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    The 350CR is an air spring and I think you have it confused with the 350NCR Ti that has the Ti spring with a low pressure air preload. From what I understand the 350NCR Ti's spring can be a little heavy for light riders, but more suited to the average/heavier rider. At 85Kg you'd probably need some pre-load to get the correct sag/spring rate anyway, you'd definitely not want to run it without any preload that's for sure.

With the 350CR and 350NCR you just pump up to the perfect pressure, adjust rebound/compression and roll. There's no preload. The small bump compliance is superb and the fork holds it's own in the bigger stuff just fine. I love mine.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    oh, rly? the 350CR is air fork? Im very confused with all the technology, on popular bike shop in poland it says "steel spring, air preload" Is this wrong or they've got some older fork for sale which has typical spring?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Yep, 350CR and 350 NCR are air forks. 350R and 350NCR Ti are coil forks with a low pressure air preload adjustment. I think the information is incorrect. You can check the Marzocchi site here:
    Tenneco Marzocchi Suspension - 2015 forks - 350 series

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    yeah i did, ill contact the shop also. Anyway, do u own a pair of CR yourself?
    and most important, how hard is it to service the 350CR? basic stuff like oil and seals change?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    hey there Marzocchi Man,

what do you know about the availability of different rate springs for the 44 RC3 ti?
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by George Gr View Post
    Is there any update for the 053 S3C2R shock regarding the availability?
    Anything yet?

mtbr member
    I've been waiting about 2 months to be able to get the 350 NCR Titanium forks from an Australian distributor. Yesterday I picked up some Pikes instead. I'm still keen on some ride reports for the Marz forks though.

mtbr member
    And what about all the nice stuff we saw at Sea Otter? 350 plus fork and dropper post? when will they hit the market?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    i had the ti. it was a disappointment to me. Feels nothing like a good coil fork. way to supple of the top and way to much progression off the bottom.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Sold my pikes and keeping the NCR ti, just didn't get along with the pikes for the exact reason invol2ver highlighted why he didn't like the ti.

Got my forks from Germany, at what will be a better price than locally if they are ever avaliable here (?), NSdynamics is the offical marzocchi warranty centre, with no issues having bought over seas.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    And what about all the nice stuff we saw at Sea Otter? 350 plus fork and dropper post? when will they hit the market?
    From what I understand, the seatpost and +fork are both 2016 products due in late summer.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    The compression system on the LR models is fixed but the LCR models can be adjusted by us in house.

The natural coating (non-espresso) is a hard anodize finish probably the same as the Fox Evolution line. Without knowing their exact process I can't say for sure but it seems identical. Seals of the LR and LCR are the same for the 44mm offset but with the 51mm offset and 27.5" models they have a custom single seal system exclusive to those lower castings. These seals are lighter and have less friction than the standard black seals.

The LCR is white but black lowers will exist. the LCR Carbon comes in black and its lowers are the same as the LR and LCR non-carbon.

i'm in need of a lighter rate spring for a 2010 44 RC3 ti. can ya help out?
    thanks
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    i have had the pike and the ncr ti. marzocchi needs to go back to the drawing board. build quality seems to be much better then the past but the dampening blows

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by invol2ver View Post
    i have had the pike and the ncr ti. marzocchi needs to go back to the drawing board. build quality seems to be much better then the past but the dampening blows
    I too have had a Pike and currently own a 350 NCR and 380 C2R2 Ti and I'm at a loss to understand your opinion. The damping of the Marzocchi forks is superb, I've not had one issue. Both forks are very controlled and work superbly.

No obligation, but could you explain your thoughts? They're a world away from my experiences.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I road the 380 and the 380 feels awesome. I have heard good things about the 350 air but I have never tried one. The 350 ti feels nothing like the 380. There is something strange going on inside of that thing. It almost feels way to supple off the top but when you start pushing it the progression feels like your hitting a wall. I messed with the preload for 2 months. Going by .5 psi with a digital low pressure pump. It is either divey or it feels way to stiff like you could nose dive off the empire state building and only get about 3/4 travel

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Does the 350 Ti have one of those elastomers at the base of the spring like the 380 Ti does? If so then I had the same symptoms at about 6" through the travel, it was super plush and then thump it would hit a wall and I couldn't get anything close to travel - maybe 6.5" max.

It's a super easy fix though, I spotted a post on a German forum and the guys there were just popping the spring and elastomer out and then cutting the elastomer down to taste. I removed about 40mm off the one in my 380 and it's now legendary according to everyone who rides it. The elastomer only kicks in right at the end of travel and the HSC damping circuit is all I need to tweak the fork depending on the course I'm racing on.

To me it doesn't sound like it's a damping issue that you have, more that pesky elastomer that gets in the way of a decent linear-ish stroke. Sort the elastomer out and you can get the spring rate set up correctly. From there the damping will come naturally

I've never been happier with a fork. I wouldn't have said that a week after getting it though!

It's a shame that there's so little product support here, otherwise I think that some riders would be feeling better about the products. If you've got good support from your LBS then it's all fine and dandy but otherwise you're on your own to muddle through stuff like this.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    ..and the 350 NCR doesn't have any of the above issues. It's just sweet. Has been from an hour of getting it out of the box, way better than my older Pike but tough to say if it's better/as good/worse than the latest generation of Pike. I'd say that it's at that point where is probably down to rider preference.

Outcast
    So where are the new shocks? The 2015 year is half over already.

mtbr member
    Will a 350 NCR or CR be able to handle a 260lb, 120kg rider?

I've looked at the instructions and the rider weight settings only go up to around 210lb, 105kg.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    On ebay for 700$. Like ccdb. This is crazy.

BTW, I fixed my 350CR myself and it worked great.. until I broke my wrist and ruined weekend at a bikepark. Now I'm out for 5-6 weeks

mtbr member
    Gotta say the lack of reviews or info on these forks anywhere on the net other than this thread is weird. I'm really keen to get a pair of 350 NCR's but there's nothing at all out there. Not even a video from Marzocchi about it or anything. Earlier in this thread David from Marzocchi was saying forks had been sent out for review, but that was last year... And since he left there's been hardly any info on here.

These forks have been out for nearly 2 years and there's nothing. They look perfect for what I want but very hard to get them with zero info. Would it hurt Marzocchi to even put a video up on youtube with a better look at the forks. They've made the effort to show how to adjust travel and change the lockout switch, but no general video. C'mopn guys, I had Zokes 15 years ago, and loved them, would love to get a new pair, but you make it very hard to make that decision.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I've seen a ton of "first look" reviews, but there are only a couple that can recall. The Enduro reviews are pretty good

Enduro had a review in this issue's fork grouptest:
    Issue 016 INTERNATIONAL

There's a standalone review here too:
    Team Tested: The 2015 Marzocchi 350 NCR Fork | ENDURO Mountainbike Magazine

There's also this one (but it needs translating if you don't speak Italian):
    [Test] Marzocchi 350 NCR | MTB-MAG.COM

There's definitely a lack of longer term reviews, but then again these tend to take longer to schedule, get written and then published - so they tend to take a while before they surface. It's a shame, but welcome to reality

mtbr member
    thanks henkster, seen teh first one, but the Italian one looks good, at least it has some decent pics! Now to translate.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Now that Marzocchi is going bust, can we get the workshop manuals for the 350 series, thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    ...and the 380 as well please.

Although I think that Marzocchi representation on this thread has long left, even my emails are unanswered now. <sigh>

mtbr member
    Now that Marzocchi is going bust, can we get the workshop manuals for the 350 series, thanks.
    That's not exactly what's happening, Tenneco, their parent company, have put them up for sale, good article on PB - Marzocchi is Dead, Long Live Marzocchi - Pinkbike. Closing them would be the last, worst case scenario. Still, not great news, but it has been coming for a while though. That period from 2008 - 2010 really stuffed the brand for a lot of consumers and you can still see a lot of residual bias towards Marz in a lot of forum threads.

Agree on the workshop manuals though, would love one for my 55CR!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I have an info that they are about to arrive in the first two weeks of July.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by henkster View Post
    ...and the 380 as well please.

Although I think that Marzocchi representation on this thread has long left, even my emails are unanswered now. <sigh>
    Yeah, he has. About a month or so ago he told everybody here that he was leaving Marzocchi, so wouldn't be posting here anymore.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014

Agree on the workshop manuals though, would love one for my 55CR!
    55/350 CRs are pretty straightforward.

There is a video of NCR which will give you some ideas how to disassemble the fork:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWYuVziYtwk

and there is also a video how to bleed the cartridge
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDP6X4nmp9c

I've done service on my CR 2 times without bleeding the cartridge, today I plan to do the full service. I like the fact that CR is so simple.

PS: now I'm thinking about making coil version of it if I'll find some used cheap 350R.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Anyone ridden or riding the 350 R model? I've picked them up really cheap but wondering whether I should have spent abit more (haven't mounted them yet).

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Been naughty and have been pulling apart and playing with my 350 ti's.

I like others on here found they ramped up a lot in the last few inches of travel, the coil side has a 200ml oil bath that flows between the lowers and inner stanchion area.

Using the principle of boyles law, I removed 25ml of oil, so the 'air' chamber size is larger due to less oil, and viola! a more linear fork that has less ramp up (didn't need that where I ride) and therefore uses more travel and feels how I like a fork to feel.

If anything goes wrong... I won't be telling a service centre what I have done, i'll just put the extra oil back and send them off.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Just a little update on my 350 NCR. The first one I got hard scratched stanchions in the first 4 rides. I sent it off to be fixed and ended up waiting over winter and a few months after to get a new CSU and lowers. I ended up waiting for them get parts for 8 months and I guess I didnt qualify for a new fork. In the mean time I got a coil revelation with the mid valve rebound damper and a pike rc on good deals to try out and ride in the mean time. The revelation was very good and super smooth the pike i found to be too progressive with one token and wouldnt blow off on square edge bump but would still bottom out on small drops and sometimes bottom out hard.
    Got my marzocchi back and right away it was amazing. Very smooth and felt just like a coil fork even though it's air. After a few rides no signs of stanchion scratches. And I dont expect any since the fork feels very smooth and free going up and down. I played around with oil in the air chamber to make it linear and it's amazing. Blows off square edge hits no problem, has lots of support if i want it with the adjuster and is very active but doesn't bottom out hard ever. Small bump sensitivity is very good, pretty much the same as the coil revelation which was amazing.
    In the end I'm keeping the revelation as a spare fork and selling the pike and never looking back. I believe the marzocchi damper is better than the pike, the pike I think needs the upgrade kit from avalanche suspension. And this isn't just my pike I tried other peoples bikes with a pike and they all feel the same.

If youre thinking of this fork then I would suggest it but try it out first to make sure you dont get tight lowers so it lasts for a long time.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I Just ordered a 350 CR and waiting for delivery next week, hopefully it is as good as the Marz lovers say it is. I went with it for few reasons:

Firstly I was looking for something different than a Pike. Granted that test suspensions rides are rarely set up prefect, but of the few Pike's that I tested, I have not been blown away like everyone makes out. It might be stiffer but in terms of performance there wasn't that much between the Pike and my RCT3 Revelation (enduro seals and 2 x tokens) if any.

And there seems to be a growing trend in-between the fanboys that the Pikes (and other bladder systems) are great out-the-box, but difficult for the home mechanics to re-bleed to get the ongoing out-of-box performance.

I also wanted fork that have the option to install an Avalanche racing cartridge. An attempt to future proof my purchase.

But two things settled it for me and made me pull the trigger:
    1. 40 mm offset. I still ride 26", so less change to my current sweet spot geo.
    2. Price. At half the price of a Pike or Fox 34, if the 350 is not up to scratch, I can put the Avalanche cartridge in and still have money to spare.

I didn't bother with the NCR as I never use any lockout or platform compression on my forks anyway, always run them full open, so it would have been spending a extra couple hundred just for the expresso coating.

But I have seen a few things saying the Marz's don't come from the factory with enough fluid. So I am keen to regrease the seals and replace/top up the fluid before bolting it to the bike.

Anyone thats done a service got some advice on the best way to do a lower leg service?

Follow the videos above and come in from the top? Or

Unbolt from the bottom like a RS Lower Leg Service and leave the rest alone.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluman8 View Post

But I have seen a few things saying the Marz's don't come from the factory with enough fluid. So I am keen to regrease the seals and replace/top up the fluid before bolting it to the bike.

Anyone thats done a service got some advice on the best way to do a lower leg service?

Follow the videos above and come in from the top? Or

Unbolt from the bottom like a RS Lower Leg Service and leave the rest alone.
    I'd recommend to do a lowers service right out of the box (if you don't care about warranty).

First of all - CRs(2013-2014 55CR and 350CR, dunno about 2015) have an issue with the air piston - the foam ring on the piston, which helps to pump oil from lowers to air chamber, thus fork progressive as hell. I'd suggest to swap it for o-ring.

Also, I'd strongly recommend to use Molykote55 on seals - other greases really sucks comparing to it.

Yes, just unscrew lowers and pull them off. Very easy. To service the cartridge and air spring just follow the videos, pretty easy too.

Oh, and one important thing: be extra careful with amount of oil you put into the air chamber. With just about 5ml you'll have superplush and very linear fork and compression won't help a lot - fork will blow through the travel easily. 20ml of oil, like in the video, it will be VERY progressive. I've stopped at 12ml of oil, it is still pretty much linear but it doesn't blow through the travel and is a bit progressive at the end of a stroke, may be 15ml would be better, but for now I like it this way.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by graved1gger View Post
    Yes, just unscrew lowers and pull them off. Very easy. To service the cartridge and air spring just follow the videos, pretty easy too.
    where do i find the videos please?

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    where do i find the videos please?
    A few posts earlier:
    There is a video of NCR which will give you some ideas how to disassemble the fork:

1. Air piston in the CR is the same as one in NCR. (BTW in the video there is no foam ring on the piston, instead they have a u-ring. SO for everyone who have foam ring on the air piston change it at least for o-ring)
    2. Bleeding procedure for CR is the same as for LR. It worked fine for me. But the compression is to be fully opened as well as rebound.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Don't worry, reducing the travel won't void your warranty.
    more intel. The Marzocchi Workshop

mtbr member
    A few posts earlier.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by cadoretteboat View Post
    Don't worry, reducing the travel won't void your warranty.
    more intel. The Marzocchi Workshop
    If you search this thread you'll find that David wrote that it is Marzocchi policy that every service should be done only by official service centers (even simple lowers service).

Also, that article has an error, they wrote "CR model: ... the air tube in the CR is not removable." but this is false. Especially this is funny because they posted a pic with a scheme where the air tube is removable. In fact procedure to lower/service air spring is the same. And a proof: My 350CRs lowers, air tube and air piston(without foam ring)

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Travel reducer bushing include in the retail box and an how to videos from the manufacturer. IF done right, they will be no trouble with warranty.
    Do mistake, brake a part or do short cut when deasemble/rebuilding they will know and, hey, maybe void the warranty.
    This thread have plenty of what ''not to do''. and the Zoke guy provide top infos (Slick honey was one) about lowering travel, and talked about it very openely without trying to discourage anyone to do so. (exept one mentioned of ''technically'' ).

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    and the Zoke guy provide top infos (Slick honey was one) about lowering travel, and talked about it very openely without trying to discourage anyone to do so. (exept one mentioned of ''technically'' ).

Don't make me search for the posts in this thread for you, don't be so lazy. That 'Zoke guy' was David and he wrote that if you pull off the lowers you void your warranty. And we had agreed that it is a stupid policy but it is like that.

Of cause, you can pull them off carefully, then put everything back and say you didn't do anything, but that is not the point.

Also Windwave is just a LOCAL STORE that represents Marzocchi in UK so this is not necessary official guide (in any case, they have a video how to bleed the cartridge but messing with the cartridge voids warranty no matter what)

---

I see that 053 shocks are now available in US, have anyone tried 053 yet?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Wow someone had a rough week...And my greeting to Dave the ex Zoke guy (it's because of you i bought the 350).
    Did you searched for it? It's all start at post 70. You need to read between the lines.
    I dealt with a warranty issue on 350ncr (leaky air chamber) without hassle. (Zoke Canada) and they knew I had change the travel to 140 my self, and they returned it 160 config (same fork), called the rep to have him send me fork oil so i can do the reduction my self. no problemo and he also foward me the link to how to just in case and told me he was sorry.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Also Windwave is just a LOCAL STORE that represents Marzocchi in UK so this is not necessary official guide (in any case, they have a video how to bleed the cartridge but messing with the cartridge voids warranty no matter what)
    Windwave is not a LOCAL STORE, they are the UK distributor for Marzocchi.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Thanks graved1gger. I will definitely do a service straight out of the box then.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    55/350 CRs are pretty straightforward.

I've done service on my CR 2 times without bleeding the cartridge, today I plan to do the full service. I like the fact that CR is so simple.

PS: now I'm thinking about making coil version of it if I'll find some used cheap 350R.

Hello,
    I'd like to service my 350 CR but I'm a bit scared with the rebound knob.
    I'm not sure how to disassemble it ?
    Can you please help me ? If you have a picture/tuto it would be great

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Mslide View Post
    Hello,
    I'd like to service my 350 CR but I'm a bit scared with the rebound knob.
    I'm not sure how to disassemble it ?
    Can you please help me ? If you have a picture/tuto it would be great
    There is a explode view of the cr.
    here: The Marzocchi Workshop

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Yes I see that...but there's no screw to fix the rebound knob !!

How do you proceed to pull it ? Do you use a tyre lever or something like that ?

I really don't want to destroy it...

mtbr member
    use a thin tool like a blade as a lever to pull it out. I used a pair of scissors i think. it's a plastic knob, the worst you can do is to scratch the paint on it

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    grab it with a cloth and just kind of yank it out, worked for us. Friction fit, similar to what was on Lyriks for many years.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    OK thanks I will try as you said...

mtbr member
    Marzocchi - Better late than never-marzocchi-529x750.png

mtbr member
    Well... ouch.

This makes me very glad I didn't buy a 350 or an 053, but also extremely sad after two decades of (mostly) fantastic parts. Over the years I had a Z1, a AM-something, two Rocos and three sets of 55s (still got one on the wall), they were all great.

Less yap more braaap
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix the Spade View Post
    This makes me very glad I didn't buy a 350 or an 053.
    I'm considering buying an 053 and a 350 shock and fork when they will most likely go on firesale (because people will want to clear out their overhead). Compared to Suntours offerings (specifically Auron fork and Durolux shock) what do people think? Is there a deal to be had buying a firesaled Marz if I don't get dealer support after they shut down permanently (might have to buy some rebuild kits while I'm at it) or should I just go Suntour anyways?

Super Moderator SuperModerator
    Marzocchi out of business.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Tier1, I just ordered a 350 last week. The rumours of Marz going out of business have been around for a couple months now and I will certainly be watching the fire sale. I ordered the Marz for the platform not an ability to have on-going support. There are plenty of aftermarket options for servicing and replacing parts in forks. I already put enduro for seals in all my forks and failing that I'm sure that the local suspension specialist have enough o-ring inventory to do an internal component service. And realistically how long does anyone actually own a fork or shock before they move on a new bike or the latest tech.

mtbr member
    It sounds like they are being sold.
    To be continued.........

just some guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Swissam View Post
    It sounds like they are being sold.
    To be continued.........
    Maybe DVO is buying them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by talabardio View Post
    Maybe DVO is buying them.
    Well, that would have a nice circularity to it, to see DVO getting rebranded with the big old M logo...

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Ist it possible to change the travel on a 350 ncr titanium?
    Or is it only possible with the air Version?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I've been running my 380 C2R2 Ti since March, pretty much flat out in all sorts of conditions, just washing and spraying the stanchions with Fork Juice to keep them feeling plush. I guess they have about 200 hours riding on them... needless to say they were feeling a little sticky, especially in the upper-mid stroke.

Pulling them apart is an absolute doddle in the spring leg. Just pull it apart, drain, clean it all up inside (my oil was a horrible grey color, definitely past it's best), clean the seals, popped some Molykote 55 between the seals and on the spring, and then poured 70ml of Spectro Golden in the leg.

The damper side is pretty simple assuming that you're ignoring the damping cartridge. My plan was to just ignore it, purging and refilling a semi-sealed unit sounded a bit complicated. I was just going to replace whatever oil drained out and then flush again in a week or two. However, just pumping the cartridge emptied it out. Just pop some grease in the seals, refill with oil and pop it back together. With the damping circuits all set to open, I bounced the fork up and down for a bit to refill the cartidge. When setting the dials back to the previous settings it all felt good, so I guess that works.

The only issues that might trip you up are that the bolt at the bottom of the legs has a tendency to spin along with the rod that it screws onto (so a very light impact wrench worked a treat for me) and I also noticed that about 125ml of oil came out of the damping leg, which is about 55ml over spec. The fork had an odd ramp up in the upper-mid stroke that a few other people have mentioned, and so I cut the elastomer down, but the excess oil also seems to have affected the stroke adversely. With the correct levels the fork feels much better.

The fork feels sensational now. While my 2014 888 went about the same time between services it didn't really feel that much different after the service, and it's a fork that you can just run and run and forget about - but the 380 seems to need a little more care and attention to keep feeling that magic.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    My new 350 CR forks arrived last week so I dropped the lowers to re grease the seals and top up the fluid. Things weren't in to bad shape though, damper side had plenty of fluid, not so much in the air side, I would say it was dry though. Some fluid did come out of the air valve will I let the air out though.

So I regressed the o-rings with molykote 55 and added 40 mm (amount advised by Marzocchi USA via email) of Rock Oil (3/4 5wt: 1/4 15wt) in each leg and installed a travel ring cause I can stand the half-ass zip tie method of setting sag.

Oh how nice it was just undo the lower bolts, no tapping to losses, no crush washers especially when I got the lowers back on bolted up and tested the travel without any air and ..... couldn't get full travel measured about 150-155 travel.... So I unbolted the air lower, poured out some oil and then retested... no luck... unbolted the damper lower, poured out some oil and then retested... still no luck... not a big deal really since I'm coming from a 150 Rev anyway, but just one of those things that niggle at you... like a creaky bike.

Anybody know if this is due to:
    - Too much oil in the Air or Damper side?
    - Migration of oil into the air piston chamber (suggested by the release of oil when letting air our of the valve
    - Air in the damper side? When undoing the lower bolt of the damper side there is a rush of air either in or out (not sure which way just yet).
    - Just one of those things where the manufacture is rounding to whole numbers?

I'm getting a bit low of Rock Oil now so don't really want to do a full change if I can get away with just letting a bit of oil out.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    mine had problems getting full travel too. i made sure to put only 25ml of oil in the lowers in each leg because too much oil will reduce the volume too much and cause it to be too progressive. i also compress the fork all the way before installing the foot nuts on the lowers to make sure there is little air in the lowers. I also removed the foam ring from the air piston as mentioned before and replaced with an oring. I then put 5ml of fox float fluid in the air chamber on top of the piston because i think its better than just regular oil.

after about 10 rides including one dh day the fork bottoms out when it needs to and its still consistent and feels the same as the day i put it together. that means all the oil stayed where it needs to be and the stanchions inside are getting enough oil because when riding it feels very smooth still. the fork is also very linear like coi

mtbr member
    Jul 2014

- Too much oil in the Air or Damper side?
    25ml in lowers - you can't go wrong with it.

- Migration of oil into the air piston chamber (suggested by the release of oil when letting air our of the valve
    Highly possible. But some amount of oil should be in the air chamber for progression.

I'd suggest you to try to remove all oil from air chamber. Turn the fork upside down and then let all the air out(oil will come out first ant then some air), then remove valve core and let the rest of the oil come out.

Install valve core back add some pressure and check if you can get full travel. Probably you will but the fork will be very linear. So again, let the air out, remove valve core, put something like 10ml in air chamber, reinstall core and pump. If the fork is still linear increase oil level in air chamber incrementally.

Also, there is a big chance that oil will migrate from lowers to air chamber eventually if you have a foam ring and the air piston, it should be changed for o-ring.

---
    Oh, wait. When the fork is fully compressed ~5mm of stanchions is still visible and when fully extended stanchions measure ~165mm.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Use my 350 NCR for a few weeks and can't set a small/middle bumps sensitivity. The fork feels too harsh, it's quite active in the middle and at the end but the first 30% is very hard. I'm 175lbs, put 67-80psi and 5 clicks of compression. The pressure seems to be ok, use almost all of the travel but have never bottomed out riding standard, easy trails. When I set the pressure at 60psi, finally felt right - supple and active, with a nice small and middle bumps sensivity, still supportive. I loved how the fork worked but started bottoming out hard a few times every ride on middle-hard trails. The quesrion is - how to keep this nice, active work and add justba bit higher progression at the very end of the stroke?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitr View Post
    Use my 350 NCR for a few weeks and can't set a small/middle bumps sensitivity. The fork feels too harsh, it's quite active in the middle and at the end but the first 30% is very hard. I'm 175lbs, put 67-80psi and 5 clicks of compression. The pressure seems to be ok, use almost all of the travel but have never bottomed out riding standard, easy trails. When I set the pressure at 60psi, finally felt right - supple and active, with a nice small and middle bumps sensivity, still supportive. I loved how the fork worked but started bottoming out hard a few times every ride on middle-hard trails. The quesrion is - how to keep this nice, active work and add justba bit higher progression at the very end of the stroke?
    Add to the air chamber (start at) 5cc of oil shock. It will give you more progression at the end,

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Add to the air chamber (start at) 5cc of oil shock. It will give you more progression at the end,
    Do I need to drop the lowers? It will probably cancel my warranty. I've also read about some serious problems with tightening the lower damper side bolt.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Do I need to drop the lowers? It will probably cancel my warranty. I've also read about some serious problems with tightening the lower damper side bolt.
    let all of the air out and unscrew the valve core, then put in oil incrementally - i'd suggest by 1-2ml until you'll have desired progression

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    let all of the air out and unscrew the valve core, then put in oil incrementally - i'd suggest by 1-2ml until you'll have desired progression
    Easy, thanks! Is there any oil in the air chamber right out of the box or this is kind of "home made" tuning trick?

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Easy, thanks! Is there any oil in the air chamber right out of the box or this is kind of "home made" tuning trick?
    Mine had some oil in it(a lot actually, it sucked it from the lowers to air chamber), friend's 55 also had some.

In any case, you can check. Turn the fork upside down (well, you even can try without removing it from the bike) put some kind of can under the valve(to collect oil) and let the air out - some oil probably will come out. Then turn the fork back and add ~10ml of oil to the air chamber, screw the core back, pump the fork up and check - if you need more progression - add more oil.

Considering that the fork felt harsh for you and you lowered the pressure I thought that you have problem with migrating oil, but NCRs do not have foam ring on air piston so that is not a problem. So I think it is the dry seals, drop the lowers, use molykote55 on bushings and wipers\seals. I'm not sure about warranty anymore, but probably it will be voided.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I finally got the new 350 installed and some time to have a quick test ride yesterday

Still need to get it dialled in, but started with 75 PSI and 4 clicks of LSC, 5 clicks of rebound. It certainly is a smooth fork compared to the old revelation. Just need to perfect the set up.

What I wasn't expecting to notice though was how stiff the 350 is. There are a few off camber corners and a couple berms on my test track where I usually have to back off a bit and work the bike around even with the pikes I've tested, but the 350 was so stable and direct and it stayed up in its travel right through the berms....even my Strava was impressed.....haha.

A quick confirmation question on tuning.

LSC knob:
    + direction = more compression damping, correct?

mtbr member
    A quick confirmation question on tuning.
    LSC knob:
    + direction = more compression damping, correct?
    Yes.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    well, i've fallen for the deal of a brand new, taken-off oem 350CR, which is now has some slightly visible marks on the esspresso coating.. so i can say hello to any warranty claims i guess.
    my suspect is the bushing, so i've contacted a local magician who can resize/adjust the bushings for ~$80.

oh, and i've heard that the 350's csu is interchangeable with the 55'd csu. could it be?
    Last edited by mofrank; 08-07-2015 at 04:57 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I own a Marzocchi 350 NCR Titanium (coil).
    Is it possible to reduce the Travel like on the Air Version? (There are Spacers in the box)

Sedona, Az USA
    is there an aluminum or Ti standard thru axle replacement for the 350cr's quick release?

Last edited by M1_joel; 08-11-2015 at 02:38 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Mine had some oil in it(a lot actually, it sucked it from the lowers to air chamber), friend's 55 also had some.

In any case, you can check. Turn the fork upside down (well, you even can try without removing it from the bike) put some kind of can under the valve(to collect oil) and let the air out - some oil probably will come out. Then turn the fork back and add ~10ml of oil to the air chamber, screw the core back, pump the fork up and check - if you need more progression - add more oil.

Considering that the fork felt harsh for you and you lowered the pressure I thought that you have problem with migrating oil, but NCRs do not have foam ring on air piston so that is not a problem. So I think it is the dry seals, drop the lowers, use molykote55 on bushings and wipers\seals. I'm not sure about warranty anymore, but probably it will be voided.

I did what you suggested. Opened the air side, removed the air chamber and add some oil (10-15ml). There was some alloy filings which was very strange. Cleaned it and put together. Pumped like 67psi which is more then before when the forks worked nice but bottomed out. The forks felt much more smooth with some oil in it but bottomed out on 3ft drop, even with more pressure. Pumped to 70psi and can stil bit it on any small drop. Do you have any suggestions?

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Did you add extra to the air chamber or just the bath oil?Keep adding 5ml at a time to the air chamber through the air valve.On my 55CR I had up to 30ml of oil above the piston depending on the travel spacers I was using. At the same time back off the compression as it's low speed comp and affecting your small bump compliance. Try as little as you can get away with.Drop your air pressure 5 psi after you feel you can't bottom the fork and some high speed feedback starts creeping in. I set all my forks air pressures by first backing off all comp settings and riding over a g out on a gentle slope and lean fwd to try and bottom your fork. If you use most of the travel then your about right. When your on the trail hsc compression will kick in so you will use less travel. Repeat that process every time you add some oil and it gives you a baseline pressure to tune from when you go back on the trail. it may be a PITA but it's more accurate than travel tokens.I find with the Pike and the Rev that the tokens are convenient but to big. So you have to cut them down to get accurate air chamber tuning. One token too far is too progressive.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Marzocchi suggest 25 ml.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I did what you suggested. Opened the air side, removed the air chamber and add some oil (10-15ml). There was some alloy filings which was very strange. Cleaned it and put together. Pumped like 67psi which is more then before when the forks worked nice but bottomed out. The forks felt much more smooth with some oil in it but bottomed out on 3ft drop, even with more pressure. Pumped to 70psi and can stil bit it on any small drop. Do you have any suggestions?
    Add a bit more oil into the air chamber, easiest way is through the valve with unscrewed valve core.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Hi I have a 350r and was wondering how much pressure i should have in the air preload adjust, I just weigh 50kg. Any advise?
    thanks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by nsmb View Post
    Hi I have a 350r and was wondering how much pressure i should have in the air preload adjust, I just weigh 50kg. Any advise?
    thanks.
    Tenneco Marzocchi Suspension - 2015 forks - 350 R
    adjustments

55 - 65 (121 - 143) - 1(0,15)

I'd suggest to leave it without air at all for you.

mtbr member
    +1 to that. At your weight (or lack of) any air preload is going to end making your fork feel very stiff and compromise small bump response.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    thanks for the advise. I was only riding 10 psi but I'll take the rest out and give it a go.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Add a bit more oil into the air chamber, easiest way is through the valve with unscrewed valve core.
    I did it, added around 10ml through the valve. I set the pressure a bit lower than before and the forks started to work very well! It's very hard to bottoms out, use all of the travel, it's plush and active.

BUT...

After the first ride in bikepark I noticed hardly creaking noise coming from the front end. It's loud and can feel it on the bar. I can do the noise stationary by my hands pushing forward and backward. On the trails is much worse, on bumps and while braking. I checked every single part at the front. I thought it was from the headsets but I checked and cleaned everything, put some fresh grease and changed the spacers. I'm sure that it's not the headsets. I found that the noise probably comes from the right (air) side of the fork. Unscrewed the top cap, take out the chamber and check it. Looks ok. Put some new grease and mount again but the noise is still there. That's not a small crackle, it's more like cracking and it's very worrying.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Both my 66s have also been doing this clicking sound, and I had to send both of the to Marzocchi Canada to get them checked under warranty. They came back fine, and the clicking started a few rides after on one of them. I have found out that the sound probably comes from the spring slightly rotating on the upper adjuster cap, or just the cap's adjuster screw slightly moving in the top cap. I have undone the cap, greased the screw, greased the threads and put the cap back on there and they have been silent since then. Sometimes I had to turn the preload cap a few more clicks in our out to find the "sweet spot" where it doesn't click.

Kind of annoying, but I learnt to live with it. If you can completely get rid of the clicking and it comes back again, that means it's not something dangerous, otherwise it would still be there all the time.

I'd still send it to a Marzocchi service center to get it checked. They will rebuild it for free at the same time, and you'll get a better feeling fork back! They are really friendly and are really willing to help! Cheers!

mtbr member
    Hello everyone. I own a 350 NCR. Its the third Marzocchi fork that i have bought. The thing is that i am having problem contacting with Marzocchi here in Europe. They don't answer to my emails. I am really unsatisfied with this situation!! Every other suspension company replies after 1 or 2 days. Marzocchi takes my money and then forgets me!! Does anyone has a valid email address except from [email protected]? Thanks!!

mtbr member
    in the past months i wrote to that email addres (mtbitalia) being answered readily every time. but now... who knows what's going on in Marzocchi...

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Hi all there seems to be quite a few very knowledgable people on this post so i hope you can help me. ive purchased a set of marz 2014 320 lr that are set to 100mm
    im planning to split them and remove the spacer to extend the travel to 120mm .
    i cant seem to find any info on how to do this on the web or you tube . so does anyone have any links or point me in the correct direction. also any tuning tips for 14 STONE RIDER would be appreciated thanks tam

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Has anybody tried or succeeded in lowering the 350CR or NCR to 120mm travel?
    On the BTR ranger demo bike is a 350CR lowered to 120mm travel - would love to be able to do that as well, for a similar setup.

Marzocchi_US - any hints or how-to-dos?
    http://forums.mtbr.com/member.php?u=772811
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cockymonster View Post
    Has anybody tried or succeeded in lowering the 350CR or NCR to 120mm travel?
    On the BTR ranger demo bike is a 350CR lowered to 120mm travel - would love to be able to do that as well, for a similar setup.

Marzocchi_US - any hints or how-to-dos?
    http://forums.mtbr.com/member.php?u=772811
    Thanks!
    Have you tried to follow the instructions in the blog of the Marzocchi distributor in the UK?
    The Marzocchi Workshop

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I've had my 55CR at 130 with a custom spacer. Two normal spacers as well as as adding more oil above the air piston to make it more progressive should work. Don't know how it will ride.
    Why not jut get the 320 LCR? They use the same type of DBC cartridge and air spring.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Has someone finally tested the 053 shock and can report on it? :-D
    especially some comparisons to ccdb, vivid or kirk would be great.

I heard It is better than the ccdb air. Sounds interesting ;-) but someone needs to confirm it

mtbr member
    And someone needs to find it in shops...
    Kidding, but really it has gone too far with this...

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I've been getting some real time on my 350CR lately and have noticed something that may occur on all forks, but I only stubbled on due to mid ride fettling of a new fork.... (Also something I didn't think happened of forks).... Set my fork up with 75psi at home (about 20degrees C) then about 2hrs into my ride (30+ degrees C) I stopped to adjust the pressure... Connected the shock pump and gauge read almost 100psi...

Anyone else notice a significant change in pressure due to heat or actually set their fork up initially soft so it stiffens to appropriate spring rate once riding?

It's going to be an interesting some with this kind of variation with rides in Queensland regularly pushing 40 degree C.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Did you check the pressure after a long downhill or sustained bit of riding, suspension movement does have friction with the by product being heat?

I've noticed my 350 ti's have 5-8 more psi after a long DH, not near as much as yours but enough to change the fork feel noticeably, especially when only running around 10psi.

I've not ever checked on other forks, but my air shocks suffer from sustained DH.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Marzocchi Lives on Apparently(Maybe if FOX does not take them apart):

Fox Factory Holding Corp. to Acquire Certain Assets of Marzocchi's Mountain Bike Product Line

Marzocchi's Mountain Bike Product Line Assets to Expand FOX's Ride Dynamics Performance Bicycle Suspension Product Portfolio

0 0 0 3 Print

October 19, 2015 16:05 ET | Source: Fox Factory Holding Corp.

SCOTTS VALLEY, Calif., Oct. 19, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Fox Factory Holding Corp. (NASDAQ:FOXF) ("FOX") today announced, that through certain of its subsidiaries, it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire certain specified assets of Marzocchi's mountain bike product lines. The Marzocchi business designs and manufactures motor bike and mountain bike suspension products. FOX expects the transaction to close in Q4 2015 and it is subject to customary closing conditions and is not expected to have a material impact on its anticipated financial results in either fiscal 2015 or 2016.

"We are excited to announce the agreement to acquire certain assets of the Marzocchi mountain bike product lines, which we believe is a significant opportunity for FOX to further expand the penetration of our bike suspension products across more price points," stated Larry L. Enterline, FOX's Chief Executive Officer. "The Marzocchi team has a long history of performance suspension experience and we believe that this highly complementary transaction will allow for the increased growth of the Marzocchi brand worldwide. We expect this transaction will bring together and strengthen two highly complementary product lines and allow for FOX to leverage its marketing, engineering, distribution, and supply chain resources to drive increased top-line growth and profitability."

FOX expects to report fiscal third quarter 2015 earnings results in early November and plans to provide additional financial and transactional details at that time.

About Fox Factory Holding Corp. (NASDAQ:FOXF)

Headquartered in Scotts Valley, CA, FOX designs and manufactures high-performance ride dynamics products primarily for bicycles, side-by-side vehicles, on-road and off-road vehicles and trucks, all-terrain vehicles, snowmobiles, specialty vehicles and applications, and motorcycles. For more than three decades, FOX's team of enthusiasts and professional athletes has been improving vehicle performance through a unique commitment to redefining ride dynamics.

FOX is a registered trademark of Fox Factory, Inc. NASDAQ Global Select Market is a registered trademark of The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
    - See more at: Fox Factory Holding Corp. to Acquire Certain Assets of Marzocchi's Mountain Bike Product Line Nasdaq:FOXF

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Per NASDAQ News Wire:

SCOTTS VALLEY, Calif., Oct. 19, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Fox Factory Holding Corp. (NASDAQ:FOXF) ("FOX") today announced, that through certain of its subsidiaries, it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire certain specified assets of Marzocchi's mountain bike product lines. The Marzocchi business designs and manufactures motor bike and mountain bike suspension products. FOX expects the transaction to close in Q4 2015 and it is subject to customary closing conditions and is not expected to have a material impact on its anticipated financial results in either fiscal 2015 or 2016. "We are excited to announce the agreement to acquire certain assets of the Marzocchi mountain bike product lines, which we believe is a significant opportunity for FOX to further expand the penetration of our bike suspension products across more price points," stated Larry L. Enterline, FOX's Chief Executive Officer. "The Marzocchi team has a long history of performance suspension experience and we believe that this highly complementary transaction will allow for the increased growth of the Marzocchi brand worldwide. We expect this transaction will bring together and strengthen two highly complementary product lines and allow for FOX to leverage its marketing, engineering, distribution, and supply chain resources to drive increased top-line growth and profitability." FOX expects to report fiscal third quarter 2015 earnings results in early November and plans to provide additional financial and transactional details at that time. About Fox Factory Holding Corp. (NASDAQ:FOXF) Headquartered in Scotts Valley, CA, FOX designs and manufactures high-performance ride dynamics products primarily for bicycles, side-by-side vehicles, on-road and off-road vehicles and trucks, all-terrain vehicles, snowmobiles, specialty vehicles and applications, and motorcycles. For more than three decades, FOX's team of enthusiasts and professional athletes has been improving vehicle performance through a unique commitment to redefining ride dynamics. FOX is a registered trademark of Fox Factory, Inc. NASDAQ Global Select Market is a registered trademark of The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. All rights reserved. - See more at: Fox Factory Holding Corp. to Acquire Certain Assets of Marzocchi's Mountain Bike Product Line Nasdaq:FOXF

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Draper View Post
    I feel like a piece of history disappeared ...

Less yap more braaap
    Man... I was kind of hoping that Shimano bought them out then they could be like SRAM and RockShox. I think Shimano ownership of the brand would have totally made sense.

I guess Fox is going on a buying spree though. They did buy Easton and RaceFace last year.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tier1 View Post
    Man... I was kind of hoping that Shimano bought them out then they could be like SRAM and RockShox. I think Shimano ownership of the brand would have totally made sense.

I guess Fox is going on a buying spree though. They did buy Easton and RaceFace last year.
    shimano would never buy Marzocchi, since they're in love with Fox.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Draper View Post
    Noooooooo.....

mtbr member
    I would like to convert the remote lockout of the 350 NCR to manual. Do you know if i can use the same compression knob or i have to use a different one for the manual lockout?
    Last edited by looperx; 10-22-2015 at 10:07 AM.

mtbr member
    So next year, does anyone think it will be likely that you will be able to call Fox and get warranty work or a seal kit for your Marzocchi stuff?
    There are some good deals out there, but not sure about buying stuff from a company being liquidated.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    IMHO You'll be able to call Marzocchi and get warranty work or a seal kit. There's no liquidation happening right now. From a customer's perspective nothing has really changed. Maybe in the coming seasons there'll be more of an emphasis on the low and mid range products, with the high end stuff taking a back seat or being dropped as Fox reposition the brand, or maybe it'll be business as usual.

Bottom line is that there's no issue getting warranty stuff or parts (for the majority of products) now, and with the purchase of the company there's no reason for that to change. If Marzocchi just closed down then I'd be worried

mtbr member
    anyone know the a2c length of the 350 cr 27.5"?
    2014 Giant Trance 27.5 3

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by socalrider77 View Post
    anyone know the a2c length of the 350 cr 27.5"?
    557mm declared, 560 measured on mine.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    so... 2015 350 cr, is it worth it?
    my little Blog - rides and mtb parts :thumbsup:
    http://mtb-il.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by eyco View Post
    Definitely if you ask me. Nice and stiff, stock HSC seems to be right on the money for me. LSC is all I need for on the trail tuning, I always ran my old RS RCT3 fork full-open anyway. And the LSC on the 350CR actually does something and provides a good range of tuning. This has also made me rethink the way I tune my suspension. I now run
    - 2-4 clicks (from full open) of LSC for general trail riding.
    - 4-6 clicks for downhill runs/shuttles days.

^^This was a critical rethink for me to get the best out of any fork with a LSC dial. Because for me when climbing or general trail riding between 5-10km/hr (or a car park test) most compressions are low speed. This keeps the fork nice and supple for soaking up all the small bumps when travelling at low speeds.

The 350 often leaves me with a feeling that my Monach RL on the back is not able to keep up.
    The stiffness is unreal, make sure you run a front tire with grip to match the fork. After I installed the 350, I had to change my front tire from slant6 to a hans dampf as the fork meant made me push the slant6 well beyond its limits. Now the back tire is all squirrelly and can't keep up either, so I'm planning to test out an ardent on the back shortly.

Setup:
    - 73-75 kg fully geared
    - 71 PSI - 23% sag
    - 4 clicks of rebound from fast
    - 2-4 clicks (from full open) of LSC for general trail riding.
    - 4-6 clicks for downhill runs/shuttles days.

Installed on a medium 2013 (26") Giant Reign and set to 160 mm travel.

My local trails are a mix of hard pack, loose over hard, and lots or baby fist to fist sized rocks.

Also if you do your own servicing, dropping the lowers on the Marz is much easier than RS, no tapping and carrying on, just unbolt and off they come.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I did it, added around 10ml through the valve. I set the pressure a bit lower than before and the forks started to work very well! It's very hard to bottoms out, use all of the travel, it's plush and active.

BUT...

After the first ride in bikepark I noticed hardly creaking noise coming from the front end. It's loud and can feel it on the bar. I can do the noise stationary by my hands pushing forward and backward. On the trails is much worse, on bumps and while braking. I checked every single part at the front. I thought it was from the headsets but I checked and cleaned everything, put some fresh grease and changed the spacers. I'm sure that it's not the headsets. I found that the noise probably comes from the right (air) side of the fork. Unscrewed the top cap, take out the chamber and check it. Looks ok. Put some new grease and mount again but the noise is still there. That's not a small crackle, it's more like cracking and it's very worrying.
    Some news here about my 350 NCR

Settings

I've played with the settings of the oil, air and compression and found some very nice characteristic. I put 65psi, add 5-7ml of oil into the air camber through the air valve and set 5 clicks of compression. The fork feels fantastic its very plush, its supportive, not diving under braking and have never bottomed out harshly I can feel where the stroke ends but without hard hit crushing my wrists. Now the fork feels better that Pike because its more linear - Pike is super soft at the beginning and extremely rumps up at the end. And I want to stay with this fork and settings for next season on more but

Cracking

As I mentioned before, there is a hardly creaking noise coming from the fork from the right leg with the air can. It's quite loud and can feel it on the bar. I can do the noise stationary by my hands pushing the fork forward and backward. I sent the fork to the Marzocchi service center. They checked everything, changed the oil and sent back explaining that everything is 100% ok. The first rides was ok but after hitting some dh tracks, the cracking noise is back. Interesting is that if I ride on lighter tracks, there is no cracking noise even if I push the fork hard back and forward. When I hit some rockgardens or rooty parts, cracking is back. Service center cant find the problem. I'm pretty sure its coming from the air or negative spring system. Maybe the cracking is from the crown-leg connection and I can't feel it. Do you have or heard about a problem like this?
    Last edited by Pitr; 11-03-2015 at 10:14 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Some news here about my 350 NCR

Settings

I've played with the settings of the oil, air and compression and found some very nice characteristic. I put 65psi, add 5-7ml of oil into the air camber through the air valve and set 5 clicks of compression. The fork feels fantastic its very plush, its supportive, not diving under braking and have never bottomed out harshly I can feel where the stroke ends but without hard hit crushing my wrists. Now the fork feels better that Pike because its more linear - Pike is super soft at the beginning and extremely rumps up at the end. And I want to stay with this fork and settings for next season on more but

Cracking

As I mentioned before, there is a hardly creaking noise coming from the fork from the left leg with the air can. It's quite loud and can feel it on the bar. I can do the noise stationary by my hands pushing the fork forward and backward. I sent the fork to the Marzocchi service center. They checked everything, changed the oil and sent back explaining that everything is 100% ok. The first rides was ok but after hitting some dh tracks, the cracking noise is back. Interesting is that if I ride on lighter tracks, there is no cracking noise even if I push the fork hard back and forward. When I hit some rockgardens or rooty parts, cracking is back. Service center cant find the problem. I'm pretty sure its coming from the air or negative spring system. Maybe the cracking is from the crown-leg connection and I can't feel it. Do you have or heard about a problem like this?
    I have a prototype NCR from 2014 (no Espresso coating) and it also makes the creaking noise that you talk about. My fork was prepared for a pro level rider so I feel it a bit too hard, I am missing al little softer/faster initial feel for those small bumps and stones. For going fast it makes me feel very safe, but I think there is still more to do with it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I have a prototype NCR from 2014 (no Espresso coating) and it also makes the creaking noise that you talk about. My fork was prepared for a pro level rider so I feel it a bit too hard, I am missing al little softer/faster initial feel for those small bumps and stones. For going fast it makes me feel very safe, but I think there is still more to do with it.
    Did you find any solution with the cracking noise? How long do you use the fork?
    For the settings, you can have a different shim stack. Try to lower the pressure and add some oil to the air can through the air valve.

taste it

2014 350 CR super quiet and stiff definitely worth it.
    Upgraded to Now a 350 NCR Ti spring Marzocchi
    No complaints, super plush on the Ti coil fork

But geez super noisey through forks compression/rebound op

Damper side oil travel noise and maybe some coil spring noise

Is this normal 350 Ti owners?

taste it

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I would like to convert the remote lockout of the 350 NCR to manual. Do you know if i can use the same compression knob or i have to use a different one for the manual lockout?
    Probably too late, but you do need a different compression knob to convert from remote to manual control. There is a good YouTube video with instructions. The problem is getting the parts. The Canadian service center has closed down. Fingers crossed that the Fox service center will eventually have parts available.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Skooks View Post
    Probably too late, but you do need a different compression knob to convert from remote to manual control. There is a good YouTube video with instructions. The problem is getting the parts. The Canadian service center has closed down. Fingers crossed that the Fox service center will eventually have parts available.
    I had one without the remote installed and I could block the fork with my hand. I dont know if they changed something (it was borrowed from the marzocchi supplier) but I remember that the engagement for the cable was there...

My 350NCR also made a lot of noise, I dont know from where, but I do know it did not came from the headset.

I borrowed the 350NCR to another rider and I am using now a fox 36 2015 (older valving). I also had a Pike. From all of them the best damping was in the Marzocchi. Also it was in par with the 36 regarding rigidity, both better than the Pike. The pike had the best support on the preload (air chamber) of them all, I also think the damping is better than the 36, but I liked the 36 over the pike because of its rigidity. I think a Lyric could be a great option, but I have not tried one yet...

Hope this helps!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks View Post

It's normal to have some swooshy noises from the damping with the NCRs, they have a completely different damper setup from the CR, with a proper shim stack instead of just simple ports.

You will get some coil noise if the coil doesn't have it's plastic wrap intact. Pop the top cap off and pull the spring. If it doesn't have a thin heat shrink wrap around it then I got some 1.75" clear PVC heat shrink from eBay. It's about $5 for a 3ft piece, which should cover 2 springs.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I am running a 350 NCR on my Knolly Warden and I am very happy with it. Excellent damping qualities and plenty stiff. I sure hope Fox continues to sell and support this great product.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I had one without the remote installed and I could block the fork with my hand. I dont know if they changed something (it was borrowed from the marzocchi supplier) but I remember that the engagement for the cable was there...

My 350NCR also made a lot of noise, I dont know from where, but I do know it did not came from the headset.

I borrowed the 350NCR to another rider and I am using now a fox 36 2015 (older valving). I also had a Pike. From all of them the best damping was in the Marzocchi. Also it was in par with the 36 regarding rigidity, both better than the Pike. The pike had the best support on the preload (air chamber) of them all, I also think the damping is better than the 36, but I liked the 36 over the pike because of its rigidity. I think a Lyric could be a great option, but I have not tried one yet...

Hope this helps!
    What kind of noises does it make? Is it more like clicking, slurping or more like cracking?

I have the same problem - cracking noise which sounds like ... something starts to crack. It's very worrying. I send it to Marzocchi authorized service center, they checked it and told me that everything is ok. But it isnt cracking is still there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    What kind of noises does it make? Is it more like clicking, slurping or more like cracking?

I have the same problem - cracking noise which sounds like ... something starts to crack. It's very worrying. I send it to Marzocchi authorized service center, they checked it and told me that everything is ok. But it isnt cracking is still there.
    It is like a cracking! I had the same feeling that something was wrong, but there wasnt. Its not nice at all for it to be there, and if others are not having the noise, I get even more confused about it. I am sure though that the fork worked great even with the noise and had no changes in its functionality

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    We have 2 350 NCR forks at home that are ridden hard. Neither of them have ever made a 'cracking' noise.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    for $340 on closeout, I took a dive. will see in the spring how it rides...

mtbr member
    Where can we get stiffer springs? I have the 350 R and the spring is too soft for my 180lb weight; adding air preload just ruins the smooth action and feels harsh on hits.

Thanks,
    Bryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just keep pedaling, don't stop pedaling.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_d View Post
    Where can we get stiffer springs? I have the 350 R and the spring is too soft for my 180lb weight; adding air preload just ruins the smooth action and feels harsh on hits.

Thanks,
    Bryan

Call Fox and see if they have stiffer springs. I called them the other day to try to get a couple parts for my 350 and he said they have some small parts in now (not the ones I needed) and are starting to get stocked up on all parts.

mtbr member
    Call Fox and see if they have stiffer springs. I called them the other day to try to get a couple parts for my 350 and he said they have some small parts in now (not the ones I needed) and are starting to get stocked up on all parts.
    Thanks for the heads up man, I will give them a ring.

Bryan

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I am wondering what happened to all 053 shocks? They became available in late summer and just after a few month only a couple of sizes were available. And still no reviews or some real info on them.

ps: I am still hoping to get 7.5x2.0 someday but I doubt Fox would allow 300 bucks pricetag. So maybe I'll find used one..

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    $249 plus mounts

https://recycledmountainracing.com/p...no-mounts-sale

Unfortunately they don't ship internationally, so I'll have to wait for the Fox distribution to Australia price tag.

mtbr member
    It seems they now do ship internationally: https://recycledmountainracing.com/p...ional-shipping

Tim

mtbr member
    350 R Fork:

I was having issues with notchy action and harsh performance. So I pulled the lowers, and found that the seals had NO grease in them, none.

I greased them up, refilled both legs with 7.5wt, and OMG the result is so much better than before! The sticky fork actually messed with my sag setup which caused the harsh feel. Now the fork is smooth and I was able to properly use the air preload. It now feels balanced with my Monarch Debonair shock.

Bryan

PS - the hardest part was removing the rebound knob. Kinda mangled the darn thing, but it still functions.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Last edited by dashmerino; 03-13-2016 at 11:38 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Hi! I have a new Commencal Meta AM V4 with 350 NCR.
    With 97kilos/214 lbs @60 PSI I get a sag of only 30mm
    @50 PSI 35mm.

And advise? Looks like everbody else need higher pressure.

ride ride ride
    Totally agree. My 350 CR did not have any oil in air leg from factory.

Rebound knob is plastic and you have to pry it, quite stupid. In worst case if it breaks or you loose it, I think you can use 3mm hex key instead.

Lukas

Quote Originally Posted by bryan_d View Post
    350 R Fork:

I was having issues with notchy action and harsh performance. So I pulled the lowers, and found that the seals had NO grease in them, none.

I greased them up, refilled both legs with 7.5wt, and OMG the result is so much better than before! The sticky fork actually messed with my sag setup which caused the harsh feel. Now the fork is smooth and I was able to properly use the air preload. It now feels balanced with my Monarch Debonair shock.

Bryan

PS - the hardest part was removing the rebound knob. Kinda mangled the darn thing, but it still functions.

ride ride ride
    Hi, I have 350 CR 160mm and my preferred setup is 90 psi and ~1520mm sag (I weight 77 Kg). But I like the forks more stiff than average maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by dashmerino View Post
    Hi! I have a new Commencal Meta AM V4 with 350 NCR.
    With 97kilos/214 lbs @60 PSI I get a sag of only 30mm
    @50 PSI 35mm.

And advise? Looks like everbody else need higher pressure.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Anyone figure out the cracking noise? I just picked up a secondhand 350 NCR and have ridden it twice in sloppy conditions. It was silent at first but now it makes a ton of clicking noise. It happens when I compress the fork, and also when I hold the front brake and rock the bike back and forth. I checked the headset, stem, brake mount and axle and no fix. It feels like it's coming from the right side of the fork.

My feeling is that it's related to the axle, but I re-greased it and dropped some triflow in the expanding cone near the qr lever and it didn't fix it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    Anyone figure out the cracking noise? I just picked up a secondhand 350 NCR and have ridden it twice in sloppy conditions. It was silent at first but now it makes a ton of clicking noise. It happens when I compress the fork, and also when I hold the front brake and rock the bike back and forth. I checked the headset, stem, brake mount and axle and no fix. It feels like it's coming from the right side of the fork.

My feeling is that it's related to the axle, but I re-greased it and dropped some triflow in the expanding cone near the qr lever and it didn't fix it.
    Never mind, quite sure it's the right crown-stanchion junction that's making the racket. I can make it creak with the bike upside down and wheel off, yanking the leg fore and aft.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    Never mind, quite sure it's the right crown-stanchion junction that's making the racket. I can make it creak with the bike upside down and wheel off, yanking the leg fore and aft.
    I just found this video of similar creaking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqTNAu3xOkY

The poster says:
    it seems negative spring came off it fixing place. or at least guys at local 'official service' thought, so they put it on heat shrink tubing, which caused another problem later on so i'm doing all the service myself now.In fact heat shrink tubing was not needed, I made 4 full services since then and no clicking - just putting the spring where it should be. image from the internet: https://i111.photobucket.com/albums/...psd6941ad4.jpg.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Hi,

is there a big difference in performance between black seals (350 CR, 2015) and red seals (2016)?
    I am planning to replace the seals because the current greatly reduces the sensitivity of the fork.

Does anyone have any experience in this matter?

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    black seals is the ones marzocchi used like forever.

new red ones are SKF seals, usually available in green.

aaand yes, skf seals are a bit better.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Thanks for infomration.
    Are you sure that red one's are the same as SKF ?

There is a significant difference in price between red and green.

If I make a lower drop and lubricate seals and bushings then the fork works great, sensvivity is very good but after 1-2 week performance goes very low.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    wow, damn it, you made me look a bit at 2016 models, and now i really doubt that reds are skf In any case, go skf, that would be a good investment.

If I make a lower drop and lubricate seals and bushings then the fork works great, sensvivity is very good but after 1-2 week performance goes very low.
    i know that feeling skf seals helped a bit, not like "wooooow no sticktion at all", but noticably better.. oddly enough coil forks for 26" with the same seals doesn't loose sensitivity after a couple of weeks.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast