Marzocchi - Better late than never - Page 3- Mtbr.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marzocchi_USA View Post
    . The nuts are interference fitted and should only be removed by a service center.
    Is the NCR TI more user friendly? I only buy forks that I can service myself. Which is why I never buy Fox and only buy RS or Zoke because of this. It would be sad to see Zoke become service center only forks.

mtbr member
    I slightly damaged the nut too but lucky wasn't putting much torque on it, the fork was easy to service from then on (dropped travel and added oil.)

Sedona, Az USA
    Quote Originally Posted by feville View Post
    Here's a pic of the 350CR on my Giant Trance.

So first ride impressions were very good, the fork has completely transformed the bike (prob not that hard coming from a Fox 32) it still climbs well (i put up with the climbs to enjoy the downs) being a 160mm rather than stock 140mm but point it down hill and it inspires so much confidence. Really pleased with the way it sits up in its travel, tracks the ground and just does everything i wanted it to.

Kudos to Marzocchi

Is this low oil level a pretty common issue?
    I sure like your rig. The 2014 350CR's coating sure looks better, to me, than the darker expresso coating.

Sedona, Az USA
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo5pro View Post
    The guys that have replaced seals with SKF's. Did you replace both dust & oil seals. If so how easy is it to seat the oil seals?
    There are 4 seals in the SKF kit. i had my mechanic do the replacement so I can't speak to any details of the process.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Just purchased the 350 CR's. Fitted but not ridden as not finished build yet. But just pushing hard on bars with front wheel against wall they feel very notchy/dry with a lot of stiction.
    Do they improve very much with bedding in or is a case of poor oil/seal lube from factory?
    Is the SKF seals a noticeable improvement?

cheers

mtbr member
    If i install a spacer and lower the travel of the fork from 160mm to 150mm this will also affect the good and plush operation of it?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    My new 350 NCRs arrived last week and I've just about finished my build. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that there is absolutely NO stiction in the fork right out of the box.

@mojo5pro I'm a little surprised to hear that you are experiencing the opposite. Maybe give them a wipe of Fork Juice or something similar?

I was a little hesitant in getting the NCR version due to the price difference but I have to say that a quick shakedown has left me very, very impressed. From what I can tell (with just setting sag and guessing the compression/rebound by feel), it's a very, very well behaved fork.

I'll take it for a proper spin later in the week, get everything dialed in and I'll report back if there's anything unusual/exceptional.

Marzocchi - Better late than never-20150125_153334-medium-.jpg
    Marzocchi - Better late than never-20150125_153347-medium-.jpg
    Marzocchi - Better late than never-20150125_153354-medium-.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    What are the difference between the 2014 and 2015 350 CR and why would I prefer the one over the other?

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by M1_joel View Post
    There are 4 seals in the SKF kit. i had my mechanic do the replacement so I can't speak to any details of the process.

I'm interested to get your feedback on the SKF seals as its an upgrade I'd consider come service time.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Swissam View Post
    Is the NCR TI more user friendly? I only buy forks that I can service myself. Which is why I never buy Fox and only buy RS or Zoke because of this. It would be sad to see Zoke become service center only forks.
    not necessarily. all our forks require service intervals of approximately 100 hours so the user friendly part is there across the board. As far as oil changes, all our products use that interference fit foot nut. our techs use an air torque gun to remove them and install them with a set pressure.

I agree with you too on the service center only issue.. I don't want to say we are not going that way but part of what we have is a corporate structure that is set up to limit information on repair only for liability reasons. We are working on what we can release to the public and what we release to shops and are setting up training programs for shops and creating training videos for our Youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/MarzocchiSusp/videos
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by CS645 View Post
    What are the difference between the 2014 and 2015 350 CR and why would I prefer the one over the other?
    stanchion coating and price is the only difference. the 2015 came down in cost because of the stanchion treatment.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by looperx View Post
    If i install a spacer and lower the travel of the fork from 160mm to 150mm this will also affect the good and plush operation of it?
    no, it won't effect the plushness of the fork. all it is doing is limiting the travel. make sure you have it done professionally though. Even though the actual change is simple if it isn't done right it can cause issues and you could get denied warranty if you did the work yourself. call it CYA insurance and let the shop do the work.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Just purchased the 350 CR's. Fitted but not ridden as not finished build yet. But just pushing hard on bars with front wheel against wall they feel very notchy/dry with a lot of stiction.
    Do they improve very much with bedding in or is a case of poor oil/seal lube from factory?
    Is the SKF seals a noticeable improvement?

cheers
    once broken in they should be fine, I have noticed that out of the box the CR models feel "dry" but once they get working they work good. if they never fully feel right we can do a warranty hop up to them where we disassemble them and lube the insides up real good. The only thing I can think of for this is that given the low oil levels in the DBC system out of the box they have a small amount of stiction but once cycled repeatedly while riding the DBC system has a chance to open up and work and lube everything up.

cheers!

-DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Were there too many stanchion coat problems on the 2014 gold?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.E View Post
    I slightly damaged the nut too but lucky wasn't putting much torque on it, the fork was easy to service from then on (dropped travel and added oil.)
    did you get the nut replaced? I'd recommend that just in case
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    Were there too many stanchion coat problems on the 2014 gold?
    nothing extravagant. I think the animal we made it with went extinct or something more to that effect.

J/K

we wanted to create two different lines within one family similar to what Fox did with Factory and Evolution.

We developed the Espresso coating because its color is more consistent over a large volume where the GRC had lots of variations. We then just went back to our natural hard ano finish for the less expensive models because the standard hard ano is just that...less expensive, so we can create a killer product at a value conscience level that flat out works and then have a high level product for the top-tier products.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Good to know! I am local to Long Beach and will be dropping off my 350 CR to have it lowered to 150mm once I get the email confirmation.

Question, do the shock eyelets match the size of Fox and RS? That is without reducers/spacers. I had a BOS shock that did not fit my 2015 Kona Process due to the oddball eyelet size, those crazy French... I do want the new shock out back!

mtbr member
    not necessarily. all our forks require service intervals of approximately 100 hours so the user friendly part is there across the board. As far as oil changes, all our products use that interference fit foot nut. our techs use an air torque gun to remove them and install them with a set pressure.

I agree with you too on the service center only issue.. I don't want to say we are not going that way but part of what we have is a corporate structure that is set up to limit information on repair only for liability reasons. We are working on what we can release to the public and what we release to shops and are setting up training programs for shops and creating training videos for our Youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/MarzocchiSusp/videos
    It would be nice if you did something similar to sram and make videos detailing a complete tear down and rebuild. However I fear that might not be the case. Sounds like liability lawyers talking legal B.S. "Can't breath cause someone will sue us". Soon we won't be allowed to think cause it might hurt someone.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    It would be nice if you did something similar to sram and make videos detailing a complete tear down and rebuild. However I fear that might not be the case. Sounds like liability lawyers talking legal B.S. "Can't breath cause someone will sue us". Soon we won't be allowed to think cause it might hurt someone.
    we are working on that actually.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Good to know! I am local to Long Beach and will be dropping off my 350 CR to have it lowered to 150mm once I get the email confirmation.

Question, do the shock eyelets match the size of Fox and RS? That is without reducers/spacers. I had a BOS shock that did not fit my 2015 Kona Process due to the oddball eyelet size, those crazy French... I do want the new shock out back!
    sweet deal!

our eyelet is the same size as Fox. I actually use Fox reducer hardware and bushings in my shocks.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Awesome! The Kona Process line uses NO reducers or hardware at the lower mounting point so all good. Now for you to hurry and get the new shocks out!

Sedona, Az USA
    I'm interested to get your feedback on the SKF seals as its an upgrade I'd consider come service time.
    The fork felt good before but i felt better about it with a better seals and Molykote. I am familiar with SKF because i use their bearings at my work and I know they make great stuff. Expensive but one of the best.

mtbr member
    we are working on that actually.
    Sweet! That's good news. Now if we could just get some reviews on the NCR Ti.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Awesome! The Kona Process line uses NO reducers or hardware at the lower mounting point so all good. Now for you to hurry and get the new shocks out!
    word to that! I want mine too
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    working on that too. I am going to get some scheduled here on MTBR and hopefully some other sites.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Hi Marzocchi_USA,
    Will you have available a shock for the Nomad MK3 specs?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by artishouk View Post
    Hi Marzocchi_USA,
    Will you have available a shock for the Nomad MK3 specs?
    yes, we will offer the new 053 and already offer the Roco Air TST R
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Hi Marzocchi_USA

I have a quick question regarding a set of 350CR 2014 model. Fitted a new set to a frame last week. On compressing the fork, a clicking noise can be heard from inside the stanchion. After a few compressions, the noise stops. Any ideas if there is anything I can do to stop this (oil levels or something) or will it require sending the new fork back?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyorange5 View Post
    Hi Marzocchi_USA

I have a quick question regarding a set of 350CR 2014 model. Fitted a new set to a frame last week. On compressing the fork, a clicking noise can be heard from inside the stanchion. After a few compressions, the noise stops. Any ideas if there is anything I can do to stop this (oil levels or something) or will it require sending the new fork back?

Thanks
    Hi there

My 350CR did the exact same thing when I first fitted it. Haven't heard the noise again and I've been out with them 4 times since clocking up around 12hrs of riding time. Guess it just needs cycling a bit to get lubed up after transit?

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Hi there

My 350CR did the exact same thing when I first fitted it. Haven't heard the noise again and I've been out with them 4 times since clocking up around 12hrs of riding time. Guess it just needs cycling a bit to get lubed up after transit?
    I did guess this might be the case. Did wonder if there was a lack of fluid keeping the bushes/seals lubed up?

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I did guess this might be the case. Did wonder if there was a lack of fluid keeping the bushes/seals lubed up?
    From what I've read a few people have dropped the lowers to find suspected low oil levels, however I think removing the lowers is a "service centre only" job and could invalidate your warranty.

mtbr member
    same in my CR, I guess it's the negative coil engaging/disengaging to produce the clicking... I've only a coule of rides on it, if it keeps clicking I'll open it (again) to try solve it someway...

bump and grind
    Got my 2015 350 NCR yesterday and its a very good looking fork! It came with a remote.
    I installed it immediately on my Turner Burner to replace a XF Sweep.
    My initial impressions after a short "trail" around the neighborhood:

1. Its plush. Practically no need for breaking in. Is it the Espresso coat? the SKF seals? Whatever it is, its buttery. Its plushness is immediately noticeable coming from the Sweep fork (with the tweaked shimstack, mind you). Is it as plush/smooth as my 55 RC3Ti coil fork? Its very close. Its that good.

2. The fork seems to ride a bit high in the travel and brake dive control is good. The damper is behaved under pedalling and light braking forces. Much like the XF Sweep's midvalve in this regard.

3. The "lockout" doesnt seem to do much. When you activate it, i think it merely adds 2 or so clicks of LSC. In a LSC range of around 24 clicks, this is too small a difference to be useful on the fly for climbing. Its a good thing I hardly ever use a lockout and the fork is well-behaved under pedalling. The remote is coming off very soon. (EDIT: The lockout works. As adviced by Marzocchi_USA, the cable has to be tight. Pull it firmly using pliers as you tighten the grub bolt and adjust the barrel adjuster accordingly. With this, the lockout gives a firm platform. NICE!)

Overall, pending several real rides in the mountains, I LIKE IT. Marzocchi is back.
    Last edited by cobym2; 01-30-2015 at 05:48 PM. Reason: updating
    SCB Nomad, SCB 5010v2, Turner RFX, Voodoo D-jab 650B, Voodoo Wazoo CX/commuter :thumbsup:
    ...so far...

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by cobym2 View Post
    3. The "lockout" doesnt seem to do much. When you activate it, i think it merely adds 2 or so clicks of LSC. In a LSC range of around 24 clicks, this is too small a difference to be useful on the fly for climbing. Its a good thing I hardly ever use a lockout and the fork is well-behaved under pedalling. The remote is coming off very soon.
    That's really odd, my lockout really does just that. It's a complete lockout and you really have to beast it to blow off and move. I have to admit that I didn't plan to use the remote so I switched it with the manual lockout dial that was included in the box.

I didn't even try the remote lockout, so I can't really say if it behaved in the same way as yours, I just assume that they are supposed to react similarly.

Following the video on YouTube, the switch took about 6-7 minutes (with 3-4 minutes trying to locate the spring retaining nut). It's an absolute doddle.

bump and grind
    Quote Originally Posted by henkster View Post
    That's really odd, my lockout really does just that. It's a complete lockout and you really have to beast it to blow off and move. I have to admit that I didn't plan to use the remote so I switched it with the manual lockout dial that was included in the box.

I didn't even try the remote lockout, so I can't really say if it behaved in the same way as yours, I just assume that they are supposed to react similarly.

Following the video on YouTube, the switch took about 6-7 minutes (with 3-4 minutes trying to locate the spring retaining nut). It's an absolute doddle.
    Well, thats disconcerting. I may have done something wrong connecting the lockout remote?
    SCB Nomad, SCB 5010v2, Turner RFX, Voodoo D-jab 650B, Voodoo Wazoo CX/commuter :thumbsup:
    ...so far...

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Hi Marzocchi_USA

Thanks
    was the fork reduced in travel at all? send an email to [email protected] and if possible describe the click as best you can or shoot a video in a quiet room and email that as well.

Assuming the fork is installed properly and the headset is correct and tight and the bar is tight and all bolts are greased and the wheel is secure.

does the noise show up at random or every time you ride or only when you first compress the fork? be really specific in your email so we can trouble shoot it for you.

-DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Hi there

that is very possible. the DBC system needs to be cycled to get the oil to circulate throughout the whole fork and lube everything up inside it. if you hear or feel anything wonky make sure to contact [email protected] or call us (unless you are outside the US then just check our web site for your local service center).

chances are better than not the fork must needs circulation to engage the DBC. the forks are pretty dry when shipped. They have all the oil in them and they are cycled during final QC but they do make a long trip from Taiwan to the US or Italy.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by savo View Post
    same in my CR, I guess it's the negative coil engaging/disengaging to produce the clicking... I've only a coule of rides on it, if it keeps clicking I'll open it (again) to try solve it someway...
    if it keeps clicking please contact your tech center, you probably will need to send it in so we can see what's up with it. the only thing I can think of is if you aired it up too much the negative coil popped out (as you say). I have only seen that once and it was after we did a travel reduction on it, I've never seen it out of the box but stranger things happen so it is possible. The big thing is to not take it apart yourself but have a shop do it for you so it can be covered under warranty. If you do it yourself and it gets messed up it will void the warranty. Our new corporate structure is still working on the logistics of end-user maintenance and currently only trained/authorized service centers can do the work (if you have a warranty claim at least).
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Got my 2015 350 NCR yesterday and its a very good looking fork! It came with a remote.
    I installed it immediately on my Turner Burner to replace a XF Sweep.
    My initial impressions after a short "trail" around the neighborhood:

1. Its plush. Practically no need for breaking in. Is it the Espresso coat? the SKF seals? Whatever it is, its buttery. Its plushness is immediately noticeable coming from the Sweep fork (with the tweaked shimstack, mind you). Is it as plush/smooth as my 55 RC3Ti coil fork? Its very close. Its that good.

2. The fork seems to ride a bit high in the travel and brake dive control is good. The damper is behaved under pedalling and light braking forces. Much like the XF Sweep's midvalve in this regard.

3. The "lockout" doesnt seem to do much. When you activate it, i think it merely adds 2 or so clicks of LSC. In a LSC range of around 24 clicks, this is too small a difference to be useful on the fly for climbing. Its a good thing I hardly ever use a lockout and the fork is well-behaved under pedalling. The remote is coming off very soon.

Overall, pending several real rides in the mountains, I LIKE IT. Marzocchi is back.

Sounds positive! you are experiencing the IFP/NCR system in that anti-brake dive and under pedaling. For your lockout, it does have a blow off but when it is installed, you need to click it and lock it then unlock it and redo the cable pulling it tight a second time as the cable will stretch. check out this video we put out on how to install it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whz7qx0JuWE
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by henkster View Post

I have ridden both (I have the remote on my 320 LCR and the fork mount lever on my 350 NCR) and to me I feel that the lever has a more positive engagement in the lock and for sure needs a more robust hit to blow it off as opposed to the remote. I think it has to do with the cable tension.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    From what I've read a few people have dropped the lowers to find suspected low oil levels, however I think removing the lowers is a "service centre only" job and could invalidate your warranty.
    Dropping the lowers to refresh the lube oil is a service centre only job???

Can this be confirmed please?

I thought they were talking about cracking open the cartridge as being service centre only earlier in the thread.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Dropping the lowers to refresh the lube oil is a service centre only job???

Can this be confirmed please?

I thought they were talking about cracking open the cartridge as being service centre only earlier in the thread.
    I have been informed that anytime a fork is opened it needs to be by an authorized center. This is the deal here in N. America. I can't say for sure in the rest of the world but it only stands to reason the same case would hold true. There are different liability laws in the UK and elsewhere though. I'd check with Windwave for sure as they are teh official center for the UK for us.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

bump and grind
    Sounds positive! you are experiencing the IFP/NCR system in that anti-brake dive and under pedaling. For your lockout, it does have a blow off but when it is installed, you need to click it and lock it then unlock it and redo the cable pulling it tight a second time as the cable will stretch. check out this video we put out on how to install it:

Yup. Followed that video and I adjusted the barrel adjuster to account for cable stretch.
    Does the lockout really just increase the gold LSC knob a few turns or does it actuate a different mechanism inside?
    ...so far...

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Dropping the lowers being a "service centre only" job seems a bit ridiculous to me, especially as some forks are dry out of the box and need oil and seals lubing (which appears to be the case with mine). It's bad enough that this needs to be done in the first place, let alone having to send your forks off to a service centre.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Yeah I don't get it either, I buy a fork then I have to send it to a service centre immediately because it has no oil/grease and I can't drop the lowers!?!?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Dropping the lowers being a "service centre only" job seems a bit ridiculous to me, especially as some forks are dry out of the box and need oil and seals lubing (which appears to be the case with mine). It's bad enough that this needs to be done in the first place, let alone having to send your forks off to a service centre.
    I don't make or enforce the rules, I'm just here to help. to me it seems over the top also and I do agree with you as do others here but it has everything to do with the corporate structure and rules from our parent company.

The service is something we do as a warranty so it is a free service if asked (at least here in the US) but it also is something we have seen maybe 2 out of 50 times so it is a rare case.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Brake-neck View Post
    Yeah I don't get it either, I buy a fork then I have to send it to a service centre immediately because it has no oil/grease and I can't drop the lowers!?!?
    there is grease and oil in the forks, it is a circulation deal, not a unfinished product deal. the forks just need to be pumped or ridden for a little bit (not much) just to get the oil circulating throughout to further lube the insides. This is pretty normal.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Yup. Followed that video and I adjusted the barrel adjuster to account for cable stretch.
    Does the lockout really just increase the gold LSC knob a few turns or does it actuate a different mechanism inside?
    It closes down the compression piston in full, it doesn't have anything to do with the knob itself
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Thanks for the reply.

Alex and Naz are only a few blocks away here in N.Van, but I really enjoy doing my own service. Will have to stop in and chat with them.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

Alex and Naz are only a few blocks away here in N.Van, but I really enjoy doing my own service. Will have to stop in and chat with them.
    good deal, They will know the official rules for Canada. I can only speak for the US.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

bump and grind
    It closes down the compression piston in full, it doesn't have anything to do with the knob itself
    Hmmm. Perhaps I need to take a much closer look at that remote and how I installed it. The remote lock definitely doest feel anything like closed or locked. Thanks.
    ...so far...

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Hmmm. Perhaps I need to take a much closer look at that remote and how I installed it. The remote lock definitely doest feel anything like closed or locked. Thanks.
    it should have a definitive lock but that lock will blow off after a hard enough hit. check your cable tension and watch that video also:

if it just isn't right, call our tech department, something could be wonky inside the fork.

cheers!

-DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

bump and grind
    OK. All's well. I retightened the cable and grub bolt and tightened the barrel adjuster and its now a real lockout. Excellent! Although I seldom use a lockout, its good to have anyway.
    ...so far...

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    OK. All's well. I retightened the cable and grub bolt and tightened the barrel adjuster and its now a real lockout. Excellent! Although I seldom use a lockout, its good to have anyway.
    I'm happy to hear that! Usually it is just cable tension.

I only have the remote installed on my bike to show it to people. I never use it either.

happy riding!

-DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I have a PDF of it. the shock is essentially our Moto but as an air sprung unit.
    email me at [email protected] and I can send you the PDF

Hi, did you get my email? :-)

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    A few questions. Does the lower bath mix with the damping oil on the 350ncr? Is that why you specifically spec Molykote? Also, can you remove the remote and not run it?

On the 053 shock, I am concerned about the reservoir hitting my frame at bottom out. Is this reservoir shorter than the Monarch Plus reservoir? Thanks

mtbr member
    Could you please tell me which parts do I have to buy to convert the lock out to manual? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 92SE-R View Post
    A few questions. Does the lower bath mix with the damping oil on the 350ncr? Is that why you specifically spec Molykote? Also, can you remove the remote and not run it?

On the 053 shock, I am concerned about the reservoir hitting my frame at bottom out. Is this reservoir shorter than the Monarch Plus reservoir? Thanks

Moly kote is the cats ass. This will be my new service lube for anything with rubber seals. Buy some!! It not cheap. The nice thing about moly kote is you can mix with fork oil to make it thinner if needed. For example you could use it in the AER system. The damper is a separate unit NOT open bath system I recomend Moly kote on the seals and 25cc oil in each leg.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    i will definitely try the molykote. Just wondering why it would matter if it was slick honey or molykote if it is completely isolated from damper.

What oil is used in lower? I read a mention of torco, but any specifics? If it is separate from damper, because of such little oil in lowers, i want to use fox gold which has a ton of tackifiers which will cling to the bushings.

Sedona, Az USA
    Molykote 55 specifically

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    i will definitely try the molykote. Just wondering why it would matter if it was slick honey or molykote if it is completely isolated from damper.

What oil is used in lower? I read a mention of torco, but any specifics? If it is separate from damper, because of such little oil in lowers, i want to use fox gold which has a ton of tackifiers which will cling to the bushings.
    Ya I don't personally get to techy with oil in lowers. Im just using some 7wt stuff right now. I got to be honest the slick honey doesn't work as well as the molykote. Cant wait to try it in some other forks. Marzo says the slick honey is to thick and might clog up the fork. But I have yet to see (where) this could be an issue. Biggest benefit I saw to the molykote was in the AER system. I figured out a proper (cc) amount that I use for my riding style and mix it with some fork oil too lube the AER system.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Also, can you remove the remote and not run it?
    Could you please tell me which parts do I have to buy to convert the lock out to manual? Thanks!
    Yep, I switched the remote to manual the first night I fitted the fork. It's super quick and easy, just follow the video. The manual lockout goodies come in the box with the fork, you just remove the remote assembly from the top of the stantion (which is 85% of the job) and then just pop the manual level back on top.

It really is THAT easy. 10 mins tops and won't cost you a cent

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    @Marzocchi_USA, what's the plan with the dropper post?

Looks good and I'm in the market for a post for the new build. I've read that it'll only be available in 30.9, but are there plans for a 31.6?

What's the MSRP and weight?

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I haven't managed to print green decals Marzocchi_USA sent me yet, but I can post just a nice pic of my Sensor with 350CR. I even got used to GRC and red decals.

Attachment 960934

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Ok so my 2nd set of 2014 350CR are getting the streak like wear again on the back of the stanchions after just 2 months of use.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    part number 549274/P they are about $40 USD.

the video to do it is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd5MgKJ0muQ

cheers!
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Slick Honey has been known to break down a bit and clog ports, at least in our forks.

We use Torco (we also sell it in 16oz bottles direct too).
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    What ports is it clogging if i use it in the lowers? Im trying to get a better idea of how the chassis works on the new 350. I could see that happening on the old open bath forks because the lowers and damping oil is the same. But in the new 350, isnt the lower oil completely sealed from the damper? Im not dead set on using slick honey. Im just trying to understand the difference between old forks and new forks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Also, is it torco rff or a custom blend for Marzocchi?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014

yes to your first question. Our Dynamic Bleed Cartridge (DBC) has one-way bleed valves that push small amounts of oil out from the top of the fork then that oil is cycled throughout the fork and pulled back in via a 1-way valve at the bottom of the cartridge. semi-open bath lubrication that way.

the res. on the 053 is smaller than the Monarch Plus. I'll grab one and measure it in a few..

053 measurements...

the piggyback is 3" long, 2.5" wide and the total circumference of the shock around the piggyback at the S3 lever is 9"

hope this helps

-DM
    Last edited by Marzocchi_USA; 02-02-2015 at 01:20 PM.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    What ports is it clogging if i use it in the lowers? Im trying to get a better idea of how the chassis works on the new 350. I could see that happening on the old open bath forks because the lowers and damping oil is the same. But in the new 350, isnt the lower oil completely sealed from the damper? Im not dead set on using slick honey. Im just trying to understand the difference between old forks and new forks.
    It has been known to clog the DBC system and work its way into the valving. We are not 100% against it, just that we have seen it and haven't seen that with Molykote.

the old forks were full open bath where our new stuff is semi-open bath where we have a sealed cartridge that has one-way valves that bleed off oil as it expands to lubricate the outside of the cartridge and keep the fork lubricated, also why we use about 20-30CC oil in the lowers
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Gotcha. Thanks for the great description! Im curious to try the molykote55. Torco rff 7wt ok?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Gotcha. Thanks for the great description! Im curious to try the molykote55. Torco rff 7wt ok?
    yeah, 7.5 is perfect, it's what we spec here. cheers!

-DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Does marzocchi have a special blend? Torco only makes a 7wt

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I've lubed the seals and added oil to my new 350 CR's. I used the molykote on the seals and added 25 mls of oil to each leg. I've kept the original seals and not replaced with SKF.
    It's made a big improvement to the smoothness of the fork.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    What upgrades are available for my 350 R? Can I install an air cartridge or a NCR damper etc? I have a 55cr, are any parts interchangeable?

Loving them both by the way - best forks I've ever ridden just the 350R is lacking something and I don't know what..

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Does marzocchi have a special blend? Torco only makes a 7wt
    it is a custom blend we developed with them. it uses special additives and other things.

the 7 would work but it isn't quite the same.

We sell our specific blend here in the US in 16oz bottles.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dillonthomson24 View Post
    What upgrades are available for my 350 R? Can I install an air cartridge or a NCR damper etc? I have a 55cr, are any parts interchangeable?

Loving them both by the way - best forks I've ever ridden just the 350R is lacking something and I don't know what..
    you can replace anything inside the R with parts from the CR or NCR. the cost for a full NCR upgrade is just over $600 however plus labor. I priced it out for someone once.

to drop a Ti spring in it you are looking at about $240 or so also.

I'll have to figure out the CR upgrade price. I am sure it is much more reasonable though

-DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    you can replace anything inside the R with parts from the CR or NCR. the cost for a full NCR upgrade is just over $600 however plus labor. I priced it out for someone once.

to drop a Ti spring in it you are looking at about $240 or so also.

I'll have to figure out the CR upgrade price. I am sure it is much more reasonable though

-DM
    Cheers. So I could buy the air spring and swap the damping cart with the one from the 55?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Cheers. So I could buy the air spring and swap the damping cart with the one from the 55?
    We haven't tried that but it is pretty much the same stuff. I need to double check the part numbers but I bet ithey are the exact same. I'll try to check it all out in a bit and report back.

-DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    it is a custom blend we developed with them. it uses special additives and other things.

the 7 would work but it isn't quite the same.

We sell our specific blend here in the US in 16oz bottles.
    Marzocchi Bomber Factory Fork Oil 7 5wt 16oz | eBay

Can you please advise if this is one of the same or have you got a new product for the latest generation forks.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by gvs_nz View Post

Can you please advise if this is one of the same or have you got a new product for the latest generation forks.

Thanks.
    We have new product. that is a really old bottle. the oil in that is probably the Golden Spectro and could be more than 4 years old, probably older. It would be fine to use I imagine but all the new bottles in the last year have been shipping (in the US) with black labels. If you are in the US you can just order some up directly from us too.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    What you guys think about this deal?
    Seems like its a lot cheaper then when it first came out. Plus I can change travel if I change the bike anytime soon

Marzocchi 44 Micro STA 29r 140mm Tapered White Fork 2014 | Marzocchi

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by BlowtorchBob View Post
    What you guys think about this deal?
    Seems like its a lot cheaper then when it first came out. Plus I can change travel if I change the bike anytime soon

Marzocchi 44 Micro STA 29r 140mm Tapered White Fork 2014 | Marzocchi
    those are sweet forks for sure. the travel change is on the fly also
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Umergerd its murzochi!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Umergerd its murzochi!
    kind of like the Spanish Inquisition... https://www.skepdick.org/wp-content/...nquisition.jpg
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Thanks.
    FYI we sell 16Oz bottles to the US at $15 each plus shipping
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Any update on those parts? Especially the damper.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Update on my worn/noisy upper legs on 2014 cr. I got new ncr legs installed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Marzocchi - Better late than never-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Any update on those parts? Especially the damper.
    sorry, yeah. if you have a 350 R you would need these parts:

CR damper assembly parts:
    8501758/p: knob kit, $42.00
    8032358/p: compression unit: $112
    5182252/p: main damper tube assembly: $52
    8032297/p: DBC rebound unit: $112
    8501619/p: DBC fixing kit: $23
    5322106/p: foot nut: $18
    549225/p: rebound knob: $24

for an AER assembly to convert from coil to air:

549270/p: top cap: $28
    7019761/p: air top cap assembly: $45
    5182238/p: air cartridge assembly: $52
    8032278/p: AER Piston assembly: $112
    8501444/p: foot nut: $15

all prices are USD retail.

all assembly/work MUST be done by a Marzocchi certified dealer/tech center and not by the end user as per warranty specifications.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Is part 5322106/p the foot nut for the rebound side, the knurled one that the rebound adjuster sits in?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Is part 5322106/p the foot nut for the rebound side, the knurled one that the rebound adjuster sits in?
    Yes sir
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    great thanks.
    I currently have the 350 CR. Thinking of getting the NCR also. What are the differences in ride characteristics between the air NCR and ti NCR? Is there a noticeable more linear stroke with the Ti coil than the air NCR?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    oddly enough the air feels more linear than the coil, at least in the two that I have ridden on. I rode a prototype air model and it was super progressive but the new one I have is a production model off the floor and it is much more linear than I was expecting but I actually really like it a lot more than the coil model which feels more progressive. The Ti coil has a harshness that would be perfect for racers that want to go really fast, when I opened it up on real high speed sections and just trusted the fork it was good, stiff and took everything on I could take (admittedly I don't ride as aggressively now in my 40's as I did in my 20's).

I have been riding that air model lately and don't want to give it back. it stays high in the travel and is wicked plush at the same time.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    thanks,does the 350 NCR air always come with an additional manual lock-out lever in the box?

bump and grind
    oddly enough the air feels more linear than the coil, at least in the two that I have ridden on. I rode a prototype air model and it was super progressive but the new one I have is a production model off the floor and it is much more linear than I was expecting but I actually really like it a lot more than the coil model which feels more progressive. The Ti coil has a harshness that would be perfect for racers that want to go really fast, when I opened it up on real high speed sections and just trusted the fork it was good, stiff and took everything on I could take (admittedly I don't ride as aggressively now in my 40's as I did in my 20's).

I have been riding that air model lately and don't want to give it back. it stays high in the travel and is wicked plush at the same time.
    Thats exactly how I feel with my NCR. Plush, yet stays high in the travel. Wonderful.
    I havent really dialled it up yet. I just put everything in the middle (low speed compression, rebound) and recommended psi in the air chamber. And it already feels great! Plus the ability to play with the high speed comp stack.
    If durability is proven, this is a winning product.
    ...so far...

mtbr member
    same here.
    I got a CR and before trying it I was thinking about a coil conversion... but now I've used it for a couple of rides I don't think it needs conversion. It feels very linear, just as I like my forks to be.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    thanks,does the 350 NCR air always come with an additional manual lock-out lever in the box?
    I can't speak for every fork, but mine came with the lock-out lever in the box.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    they all should have the kit in the box. we have a video on our Youtube.com station that shows how to install it.

http://youtu.be/Bd5MgKJ0muQ
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I've got a question. What fork oil to use, I know it should be 7.5w, but may be some specific brands would be more preferrable?

Would this be good enough?
    Motul
    https://www.motul.com/us/en-us/products/oils-lubricants/fork-oil-factory-line-light-medium-7-5w
    '
    or
    Motorex
    MOTOREX

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by graved1gger View Post
    I've got a question. What fork oil to use, I know it should be 7.5w, but may be some specific brands would be more preferrable?

Motul
    https://www.motul.com/us/en-us/products/oils-lubricants/fork-oil-factory-line-light-medium-7-5w
    '
    or
    Motorex
    MOTOREX
    Previously been discussed.Check posts in the last 2 weeks .

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Previously been discussed.Check posts in the last 2 weeks .
    1st - molykote 55 for seals.

2nd - fork oil: old - Golden Spectro, new - Torco.

But I'm asking about alternatives... no alternatives to Torco were discussed.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Motul
    '
    or
    Motorex
    MOTOREX
    I'm sure that would be good, it is what Manitou used to use I know that. Motorex is pretty good stuff, they make a prep grease that is really nice also.

We specifically use Torco, a custom blend. We do sell it directly here in the US also.

part number: 0204000 at $14.95/16oz bottle.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Marzocchi_USA:

First of all I wanted to say that I'm stoked to see Marzocchi getting back in the game! I used to ride a Z1 bomber on a Deep Cove Stiffee back in 2000 and it was the first "real" fork that I ever experienced. It definitely saved my ass more than a couple times back in the days of dropping to flat on the North Shore!

I'm in the process of speccing out a Nomad 3 and I would love to put a 350 NCR on the front of it but there a number of things holding me back:

• There are pretty much no credible reviews of the fork available. All that I can find with a lot of poking around the internet are a couple short, but positive ride reports. The best thing I've got to go on is the overall positive review that Pinkbike gave the 380. I know that you've said earlier in this thread that you're working on this, but it's hard to emphasize enough how important it is. In particular I would love to see reviews on NSMB and Vital MTB since I find their reviews are more straight up and lacking in BS. Getting it reviewed on Pinkbike would be great too simply for the amount of exposure it would get you. Unfortunatley even if all those sites received the forks tomorrow it would still be sevral months until the reviews came out...
    • Is there any way to change the progressiveness of the stroke? Pretty much every other high end, air sprung fork on the market offers this and it seems like a really useful tuning feature. The Manitou Mattoc has a hydraulic bottom out adjustment; The MRP Stage offers a ramp control dial; Rock Shox and Fox both allow for this by using volume spacers; DVO has the off the top adjustment etc. Earlier in this thread ShaneJ mentioned using oil to tune the volume of the the air spring, but I get the impression that that isn't an officially supported option...
    • And that brings us to the big one... Not being able to open up your own fork to change the oil without voiding the warranty. I live in Nelson, BC and neither of the shops in town carry Marzocchi forks and I'm really not interested in shipping my fork to Vancouver for something as simple as an oil change. Beyond that, many of us have learned to do our own mechanical work because we enjoy tinkering and aren't interested in paying shop rates for labor. This becomes even more challenging to wrap your head around when you imagine being away from home on a road trip or for racing.

The way this policy works is also unclear. For example: Vorsprung is a reputable suspension tuner based in Whistler that offers reasonably priced, custom suspension tuning using a dyno to achieve a balanced front and rear suspension setup. If I had my fork tuned there would it void my warranty since they are not an "authorized" service centre?

Beyond the details of all this, the policy shows a lack of respect for the customer. I know that you have said that it's a legal issue, but I'm not aware of any other major suspension manufacturer that has this policy and you are all operating within the same legal framework.

As an additional note I really don't understand the point of adding a lockout switch to a 160mm fork. I've never found fork movement when climbing to be a huge issue and you've stated earlier that the IFP helps separate pedalling forces from trail forces. That weight and design effort would be much better invested in adding some type of adjustment to the progressiveness of the stroke or providing external control of the high speed compression.

I understand that you are not personally responsible for the making all these decisions and that most of them come down from the head office. You've done an amazing job of being a point person for Marzocchi in this thread and it would be great if you can communicate these concerns with the higher ups and get some official answers.

The 350 is a aesthetically beautiful fork, and I like the idea of having a black Nomad specced with a 350 up front and an 053 in the back; partially just to have something a little different and because I've enjoyed using Marzzochi products in the past. Unfortunately, as it currently stands this isn't enough to overcome the concerns that I've listed above and motivate me to go the effort of selling off a highly rated Fox 36. Especially since I'll probably end up taking a financial hit selling an OEM fork and buying a 350 at retail.

It would be great if you could come back with answers that convince me to take the plunge. I know that I'm not alone in these concerns, and for me they are preventing me from making the decision to buy the fork. With Marzocchi trying to make a comeback every sale really matters. More forks sold means more of them being seen and discussed on the trail and at races, and that equals more buzz, both in person and on the net. In time hopefully that means more OEM specs, the Pike being a great example of this. If the new forks are a good as people are saying they just need more exposure to get Marzocchi back on the upswing!

Thanks for taking the time to read all this and for being so responsive in this thread. One last thought: it might make sense to get this thread moved to the suspension forum where more people are likely to see it. It's kinda buried here in the 27.5 forum and I only found it because I was searching for info on the 350.
    Last edited by Sylvan.Being; 02-13-2015 at 05:29 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan.Being View Post
    Marzocchi_USA:

First of all I wanted to say that I'm stoked to see Marzocchi getting back in the game! I used to ride a Z1 bomber on a Deep Cove Stiffee back in 2000 and it was the first "real" fork that I ever experienced. It definitely saved my ass more than a couple times back in the days of dropping to flat on the North Shore!

I'm in the process of speccing out a Nomad 3 and I would love to put a 350 NCR on the front of it but there a number of things holding me back:

• There are pretty no credible reviews of the fork available. All that I can find with a lot of poking around the internet are a couple short, but positive ride reports. The best thing I've got to go on is the overall positive review that Pinkbike gave the 380. I know that you've said earlier in this thread that you're working on this, but it's hard to emphasize enough how important it is. In particular I would love to see reviews on NSMB and Vital MTB since I find their reviews are more straight up and lacking in BS. Getting it reviewed on Pinkbike would be great too simply for the amount of exposure it would get you. Unfortunatley even if all those sites received the forks tomorrow it would still be sevral months until the reviews came out...
    • Is there any way to change the progressiveness of the stroke? Pretty much every other high end, air sprung fork on the market offers this and it seems like a really useful tuning feature. The Manitou Mattoc has a hydraulic bottom out adjustment; The MRP Stage offers a ramp control dial; Rock Shox and Fox both allow for this by using volume spacers; DVO has the off the top adjustment etc. Earlier in this thread ShaneJ mentioned using oil to tune the volume of the the air spring, but I get the impression that that isn't an officially supported option...
    • And that brings us to the big one... Not being able to open up your own fork to change the oil without voiding the warranty. I live in Nelson, BC and neither of the shops in town carry Marzocchi forks and I'm really not interested in shipping my fork to Vancouver for something as simple as an oil change. Beyond that, many of us have learned to do our own mechanical work because we enjoy tinkering and aren't interested in paying shop rates for labor. This becomes even more challenging to wrap your head around when you imagine being away from home on a road trip or for racing.

The way this policy works is also unclear. For example: Vorsprung is a reputable suspension tuner based in Whistler that offers reasonably priced, custom suspension tuning using a dyno to achieve a balanced front and rear suspension setup. If I had my fork tuned there would it void my warranty since they are not an "authorized" service centre?

Beyond the details of all this, the policy shows a lack of respect for the customer. I know that you have said that it's a legal issue, but I'm not aware of any other major suspension manufacturer that has this policy and you are all operating within the same legal framework.

As an additional note I really don't understand the point of adding a lockout switch to a 160mm fork. I've never found fork movement when climbing to be a huge issue and you've stated earlier that the IFP helps separate pedalling forces from trail forces. That weight and design effort would be much better invested in adding some type of adjustment to the progressiveness of the stroke or providing external control of the high speed compression.

I understand that you are not personally responsible for the making all these decisions and that most of them come down from the head office. You've done an amazing job of being a point person for Marzocchi in this thread and it would be great if you can communicate these concerns with the higher ups and get some official answers.

The 350 is a aesthetically beautiful fork, and I like the idea of having a black Nomad specced with a 350 up front and an 053 in the back; partially just to have something a little different and because I've enjoyed using Marzzochi products in the past. Unfortunately, as it currently stands this isn't enough to overcome the concerns that I've listed above and motivate me to go the effort of selling off a highly rated Fox 36. Especially since I'll probably end up taking a financial hit selling an OEM fork and buying a 350 at retail.

It would be great if you could come back with answers that convince me to take the plunge. I know that I'm not alone in these concerns, and for me they are preventing me from making the decision to buy the fork. With Marzocchi trying to make a comeback every sale really matters. More forks sold means more of them being seen and discussed on the trail and at races, and that equals more buzz, both in person and on the net. In time hopefully that means more OEM specs, the Pike being a great example of this. If the new forks are a good as people are saying they just need more exposure to get Marzocchi back on the upswing!

Thanks for taking the time to read all this and for being so responsive in this thread. One last thought: it might make sense to get this thread moved to the suspension forum where more people are likely to see it. It's kinda buried here in the 27.5 forum and I only found it because I was searching for info on the 350.

dang, quite a lot there to take in at once. I'll do my best here. ..
    Independent tests.. this is one thing I have been working on. I already proposed this to MTBR about a shoot out or full head to head test with our two NCR models against other top forks and Forrest here at MTBR liked the idea so hopefully we can move forward soon with that.

custom tuning/changing the actual progressivness.. yes, there is a custom tuning option our office in Canada can offer you if the stock fork isn't quite how you want it. I don't know what the cost is for them as it may vary according to needs. Here in the US we can offer a full custom tune for about $150 USD depending on any parts necessary (shims, etc..). The fork itself has an amazing range with its compression damping adjuster. I have spent time on both the Ti coil and the Air NCR models and I find the air more linear but with a deep, steep progressive ramp at the end of the travel. The Ti model I find to be very progressive and super active (like our old forks were, roll over a dime and it will move). My personal riding style fits the air fork best (I am more XC than DH these days after a major spinal cord injury a few years back) and I would actually describe the difference between the two forks as just that: the air is more XC than DH and the Ti is more DH than XC. I have been riding both as stock, out of the box units.

As far as warranty, that is the official statement I have; the product is to only be serviced by a Marzocchi dealer. If they are an actual trained service center then fantastic they can do the work directly with no worries. If they are not and they are just a dealer, then I would imagine that shop will send the fork in or contact our office for assistance. I have seen both things happen here in the US. This type of warranty is very typical of corporate structured companies and yes, I have nothing to do with it, I am just the messenger and looking to help all of you reading this, riders and potential riders of Marzocchi. CYA insurance..have a dealer do the work and cover your arse in the case of any warranty option. If the product is out of the 2-year warranty period then don't worry about it and do your own work. Corporate, company policy though:

as quoted directly: http://www.marzocchi.com/system2/253..._UK_MANUAL.pdf

section 5

WARNING!
    The operations listed below accompanied by this symbol*
    should only be performed by authorized MARZOCCHI service
    centers.

General maintenance operation
    Use
    Intense Normal
    Check that screws are tightened to required
    torque Before every ride
    Stanchions cleaning After every ride
    Air pressure control Before
    every ride 10 hours
    Cleaning and lubrication of sealing rings Before
    every ride
    Every two
    ride
    Oil seals control 25 hours 50 hours
    Oil change 50 hours 100 hours
    Cartridge oil replacement 25 hours 50 hours
    Fork oil seals cartridge replacement 50 hours 100 hours
    Table 8 - Periodic maintenance table
    Part to be tightened Tightening torque
    (Nm)
    Fork’s top caps 25 ± 1
    Adjuster locking screws 2 ± 0,5
    Pumping rod / cartridge foot nuts 10 ± 1
    Pumping rod foot screws 10 ± 1
    Lower crown fi xing screws (380 - 888) 6 ± 1
    Lower crown fi xing screws (380 - 888) 6 ± 1
    Wheel axle screws 15 ± 1
    Allen screws for wheel axles 6 ± 1
    Table 9 - Tightening torques

5 WARRANTY

5.1 Warranty For EU Countries
    Subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein, Tenneco
    Marzocchi S.r.l. grants an independent warranty to the relevant
    end-user that its suspension system is free from defect in material
    and/or workmanship throughout a period of two (2) years from
    the date of the purchase. A defective suspension system will be
    repaired or replaced, at the option of Tenneco Marzocchi S.r.l. free
    of charge, within thirty (30) days after receipt of the same from the
    relevant authorized Tenneco Marzocchi dealer. The retail invoice or,
    if any, the warranty certifi cate dated and stamped by the relevant
    Marzocchi retailer, enclosed with the product, will serve to prove
    the commencement date of the warranty and the place of purchase
    of the product. In the event of a defect within the aforesaid term,
    the purchaser should return the product to the Marzocchi retailer
    where he/she bought it, illustrating the defect and the reasons of
    the warranty claim. The retailer will inform the purchaser when the
    product has been repaired or replaced.

5.1.1.1 NOT COVERED: This warranty does not cover defects
    resulting from accidents, alteration, neglect, misuse, abuse,
    improper use, improper assembly, improper maintenance,
    repairs improperly performed, replacement parts or accessories
    not conforming to Tenneco Marzocchi S.r.l.’s specifi cations,
    modifi cations not recommended or approved in writing by Tenneco
    Marzocchi S.r.l. activities such as acrobatics, stunt jumping, ramp
    riding, racing, commercial use, competitive use, use in mountain
    biking or BMX parks, use on BMX trails, and/or normal wear or
    deterioration occasioned by the use of the suspension system, and,
    in general, all subsequent non- conformity defects resulting from the
    non observance of the instructions of the products Manual.
    This warranty does not cover, as they are not original nonconformities,
    items and substances subject to normal wear
    occasioned by use, such as oil, sealing rings, dust seals, and
    sliding bushes. In addition, this warranty is void in the event that
    the suspension system is used with rental bicycles. This warranty
    will be automatically void if the serial number of the Marzocchi
    suspension system is altered, erased, defaced or otherwise subject
    to any tampering. Finally, this warranty will not cover second-hand
    Marzocchi suspension systems and in this case the retailer will offer
    a warranty for the second-hand product, without liability of any kind,
    either direct or indirect, of Tenneco Marzocchi S.r.l.

5.1.1.2 TERRITORIAL LIMITATION: This warranty covers all the
    products bought only in a EU country (including Switzerland), except
    for products bought in a EU country but used in the USA which the
    clauses of the “Warranty rest of the world – USA included” apply to.
    Some EU countries set mandatory rules which govern the warranty for
    consumer goods; should these rules be inconsistent with the terms of
    this warranty, national mandatory rules shall take precedence.
    WARNING!

Install, service and use the Marzocchi Suspension System
    in absolute compliance with the instructions in the products
    Manual.

5.1.2 PURCHASER: This warranty is made by Tenneco Marzocchi
    S.r.l. with only the original purchaser of the Marzocchi suspension
    system, and does not extend to any third parties. The rights of the
    original purchaser under this warranty may not be assigned.

5.1.3 TERM: The term of this warranty shall commence on the date
    of purchase and shall continue for a period of two (2) years from
    the date of the original purchase. Unless the two-year warranty still
    applies, replaced parts have an additional six (6) month warranty.

5.1.4 PROCEDURE: In the event of a defect covered by this
    warranty, the purchaser should exclusively contact the authorized
    Tenneco Marzocchi dealer, from whom the purchaser bought the
    product (or Tenneco Marzocchi USA).

5.1.5 ADDITIONAL REMEDIES: The warranty granted hereunder
    shall be respective of and in addition to any statutory warranty
    claim an end-user may have against its relevant dealer where the
    end-user has purchased the suspension system or any mandatory
    product liability rights.

5.1.6 DAMAGES: Except for the case of wilful acts or gross
    negligence by Tenneco Marzocchi S.r.l., this independent warranty
    shall not give any rights for compensation of damages but shall be
    limited to the remedies set forth in Section 5.1 above. Specifically,
    Tenneco Marzocchi S.r.l. and Tenneco Marzocchi USA, Inc.
    SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE UNDER THIS WARRANTY
    FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL
    DAMAGES ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THE MARZOCCHI
    SUSPENSION SYSTEM.

5.1.7 WARNING: Always install, repair and use your Marzocchi
    suspension system in strict compliance with its owner’s manual.

5.1.8 EUROPEAN WARRANTY APPLICABLE LAW: Any disputes
    arising out of this warranty will be governed by the laws of the country of
    Italy , including Italian Consumer Code.
    5.2 Warranty rest of the world excluding Europe – USA included
    If any component of your suspension system is found to be defective
    in materials or workmanship within the term of this Limited Two Year
    Warranty (the “Agreement”), the defective component will be
    repaired or replaced, at the option of Tenneco Marzocchi S.r.l. free
    of charge, within thirty (30) days after receipt of the same from an
    authorized Tenneco Marzocchi dealer or Tenneco Marzocchi USA,
    freight prepaid, together with the original retail invoice or other
    evidence of the date of purchase.

5.2.1 NOT COVERED: This warranty does not cover damage
    resulting from accidents, alteration, neglect, misuse, abuse, improper
    use, lack of reasonable or proper maintenance, improper assembly,
    repairs improperly performed, replacement parts or accessories not
    conforming to Tenneco Marzocchi S.r.l.’s specifications in the Owner’s
    Manual or on the Website Tenneco Marzocchi Suspension, modifications not
    recommended or approved in writing by Tenneco Marzocchi S.r.l.
    activities such as acrobatics, jumping, stunt riding, ramp riding,
    racing, commercial use, competitive use, use in mountain biking or
    BMX parks, use on BMX trails, and/or normal wear or deterioration
    occasioned by the use of the suspension system. This warranty
    does not cover items subject to normal wear due to the use of the
    suspension system, such as for example oil, oil seals, dust seals and
    bushes. We therefore ask you to check (or have your dealer check)
    its condition at the moment you purchase the suspension system, as
    that is the only time that it will be possible to replace such components.
    In addition, this warranty is void in the event that the suspension
    system is used with rental bicycles, unless Tenneco Marzocchi S.r.l.
    provided prior approval in writing for such use. This warranty also
    does not include any expenses related to the transportation of the
    Marzocchi suspension system to or from an authorized Tenneco
    Marzocchi dealer (or Tenneco Marzocchi USA), labor costs to
    remove the Marzocchi suspension system from the bicycle, or
    compensation for loss of use while the Marzocchi suspension system
    is being repaired. This warranty will be automatically void if the
    serial number of the Marzocchi suspension system is altered, erased,
    defaced or otherwise subject to any tampering. This warranty will be
    automatically void if the purchaser does not follow all the instructions
    in the Owner’s Manual and in the website Tenneco Marzocchi Suspension.
    WARNING!
    Install, service and use the Marzocchi Suspension System
    in absolute compliance with the instructions in the products
    Manual.

5.2.2 PURCHASER: This warranty is made by Tenneco Marzocchi
    S.r.l. with only the original purchaser of the Marzocchi suspension
    system, and does not extend to any third parties. The rights of the
    original purchaser under this warranty may not be assigned.

5.2.3 TERM: The term of this warranty shall commence on the date
    of purchase and shall continue for a period of two (2) years from
    the date of the original purchase. Unless the two-year warranty still
    applies, replaced parts have an additional six (6) month warranty.

5.2.4 PROCEDURE: In the event of a defect covered by this
    warranty, the purchaser should contact an authorized Tenneco
    Marzocchi dealer (or Tenneco Marzocchi USA).

5.2.5 ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This warranty supersedes any and
    all oral or express warranties, statements or undertakings that may
    previously have been made, and contains the entire agreement
    between the parties with respect to the warranty of this Marzocchi
    suspension system. Any and all warranties not contained in this
    warranty are expressly and specifically excluded.

5.2.6 LIMITED WARRANTY: Except as expressly provided by this
    warranty, Tenneco Marzocchi S.r.l. and Tenneco Marzocchi USA,
    Inc. SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR
    CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF
    THE MARZOCCHI SUSPENSION SYSTEM OR A CLAIM UNDER
    THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER THE CLAIM IS BASED ON
    CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE. The foregoing statements
    of warranty are exclusive and lieu of all other remedies. Some
    states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or
    consequential damages, so this limitation or exclusion may not
    apply to you.

5.2.7 DISCLAIMER: ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF
    MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
    PURPOSE AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM A
    COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE OR TRADE, BY STATUTE OR
    OTHERWISE, IS HEREBY STRICTLY LIMITED TO THE TERM
    OF THIS WRITTEN WARRANTY.

This Agreement shall be the sole
    and exclusive remedy available to the Purchaser with respect to this
    purchase. In the event of any alleged breach of any warranty or any
    legal action brought by the purchaser based on alleged negligence
    or other tortuous conduct by Tenneco Marzocchi S.r.l. the
    Purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy will be repair or replacement
    of the defective materials, as stated above. No dealer and no other
    agent or employee of Tenneco Marzocchi S.r.l. is authorized to
    modify, extend or enlarge this warranty. This warranty expressly
    supersedes all representations set forth in Tenneco-Marzocchi’s or
    any other entities product literature and marketing materials, and
    including but not limited to any advertising literature and Technical
    Specifications.

5.2.8 WARNING: Always install, repair and use your Marzocchi
    suspension system in strict compliance with its owner’s manual.

5.2.9 OTHER RIGHTS: This warranty gives you specific legal rights,
    and you may also have rights that may vary from state-to-state.

5.2.10 APPLICABLE LAW IN THE REST OF THE WORLD: This
    agreement shall be deemed to have been negotiated and entered
    into in Bologna, Italy. Any and all claims or disputes arising out
    of or otherwise relating to this warranty shall be governed and
    construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York,
    and the parties expressly acknowledge and irrevocably agree that
    the sole and exclusive venue for and jurisdiction over any such
    matter shall be the courts of Bologna, Italy to the exclusion of the
    courts of any other place.

...END QUOTE...

As a consumer myself and speaking strictly as such, I have seen virtually identical warranties from other companies, not just us but also from other bike companies, computer equipment and cars and vehicle aftermarket items. To me it reads as standard warranty against mfg. defects (which I may add Marzocchi has been really good about handling in any cases that have come up).

As far as there being only 2 bike shops in Nelson and neither of them carrying Marzocchi, I would say that is their loss. I'll have Alex (who is from Nelson) contact them and remedy that. I also can't speak to Vorsprung. If they have been trained by our guys in Canada then cool if not, I am sure they speak with them regularly. Our office in Canada is the only distribution point in Canada for our products so they would have to get any parts and knowledge from us directly.

I hear you about lockout also, I never use mine. I tried it out but for my type of riding I don't need it. I have heard from all of our enduro racers at one point or another and ALL of them love it and use it so I believe it is that influence as why it is there, market demand also I imagine.

This thread did end up getting out of hand, I was just answering a few questions and it ended up almost becoming the official (unofficial) Marzocchi thread.

cheers!
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    @marzochi

Aren't you located near PricePoint? If I bought a fork there could I walk over and drop it off for personal set up?

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    @Marzocchi

The service manual states that the oil in the cartridge should be changed twice as often as the oil in the lower legs. Is that a misprint or is there any particular reason for this?

bump and grind
    they all should have the kit in the box. we have a video on our Youtube.com station that shows how to install it.

http://youtu.be/Bd5MgKJ0muQ
    Mine came with the remote, but no manual lever. Not that I use the lockout often, but if I did, Id probably like the lever (non-remote) more.
    ...so far...

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    In the UK the remote version doesn't come with manual lever in the box.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Marzocchi_USA:

• There are pretty much no credible reviews of the fork available. All that I can find with a lot of poking around the internet are a couple short, but positive ride reports. The best thing I've got to go on is the overall positive review that Pinkbike gave the 380. I know that you've said earlier in this thread that you're working on this, but it's hard to emphasize enough how important it is. In particular I would love to see reviews on NSMB and Vital MTB since I find their reviews are more straight up and lacking in BS. Getting it reviewed on Pinkbike would be great too simply for the amount of exposure it would get you. Unfortunatley even if all those sites received the forks tomorrow it would still be sevral months until the reviews came out...

You will like the fork for Nelson. If your a charger like me you will like the next tune up from stock that they offer, I have been riding in Nelson the past 15 years. I was just there in the fall doing a Demo with Giant. I was riding a Pike and we pined down Space Junk and I thought it was good. BUT I cant wait to get back and see how my 350 handles the steep stuff in Nelson compared to the Pike.. I don't know what shop you deal with but I wouldn't be to worried... I wouldn't personally worry about air volume.. I don't know what the stock tune feel like for compression but I might even try out the next tune from what I have. It keeps the fork up and handles high velocity hits really well. I here you on the lock out . I really don't like ALL low speed adjustments on forks. I think a adjustable low speed blow off is needed for MTB forks. WHy would I want to tune low speed and then sacrifice my high speed events and small bump sensitivity. I think the WORLD market wants lockouts.....

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    @marzochi

Aren't you located near PricePoint? If I bought a fork there could I walk over and drop it off for personal set up?
    yeah but no. we aren't close enough to walk (and I wouldn't recommend doing that either, kind of a rough neighborhood).

Depending on what you are looking for in terms of personal set up, call ahead and talk to someone in our tech department and see what they have going on. we need to schedule any walk in because of our facility, the new compound isn't as customer friendly as the old one in Valencia.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Drybear View Post
    @Marzocchi

The service manual states that the oil in the cartridge should be changed twice as often as the oil in the lower legs. Is that a misprint or is there any particular reason for this?
    The oil in the cartridge is what is doing all the work, the oil in the legs is there for lubrication and cooling. It is all based on the new DBC system.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Mine came with the remote, but no manual lever. Not that I use the lockout often, but if I did, Id probably like the lever (non-remote) more.
    Some of the first production models didn't come with manual lock out. if you are in the US call in or email is: [email protected] and we will track one down for you. All the second and forward production runs came with them. This is provided you are in the US. if you are elsewhere you'll need to contact your distributor or LBS.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    In the UK the remote version doesn't come with manual lever in the box.
    That is very possible also. I can only speak to what is shipping in N. America as that is where I am based.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    The oil in the cartridge is what is doing all the work, the oil in the legs is there for lubrication and cooling. It is all based on the new DBC system.
    Ok, but is it possible to change oil in the cartridge whithout emptying the lowers?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Ok, but is it possible to change oil in the cartridge whithout emptying the lowers?
    no, the cartridge needs to be removed and vacuum bled.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    no, the cartridge needs to be removed and vacuum bled.
    So you recycle the old oil from the lowers after you have done the oilchange in the cartridge!?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    So you recycle the old oil from the lowers after you have done the oilchange in the cartridge!?
    yes, we recycle all used oil here.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Can I get a hose hose guide and bolts directly from Marzocchi? I lost mine and the zip ties look hokey. I have a Micro switch TA.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by RS VR6 View Post
    Can I get a hose hose guide and bolts directly from Marzocchi? I lost mine and the zip ties look hokey. I have a Micro switch TA.

Thanks!
    yeah no worries. email [email protected], get us your address and I'll see if we have one we can send you. We should, thanks.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Email sent!

Thanks!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    No worries!
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

just some guy
    Hello again, any word on the ship date for the LCR 320 Carbon forks?

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    yes, we recycle all used oil here.
    So the next time you use the fork, the new oil in the cartridge will begin to circulate and mix up with the 50h old oil from the lower leg?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by talabardio View Post
    Hello again, any word on the ship date for the LCR 320 Carbon forks?
    we have the 44-offset models in the building. the new offset and 27.5" models are still pending. We are shooting for April for the first batch. Fingers crossed!
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    So the next time you use the fork, the new oil in the cartridge will begin to circulate and mix up with the 50h old oil from the lower leg?
    No, when oil is changed out of the cartridge, we replace oil in the leg too. we don't reuse any old oil, that gets recycled (as opposed to thrown away, it is environmentally more responsible). Only fresh oil is used every time when a fork or shock is serviced.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    No, when oil is changed out of the cartridge, we replace oil in the leg too. we don't reuse any old oil, that gets recycled (as opposed to thrown away, it is environmentally more responsible). Only fresh oil is used every time when a fork or shock is serviced.
    Ok, I thought so
    But that takes us back to my original question, why the manual says oil change every 100 hours and 50 hours between oil change in cartridge?

By the way, thanks for answearing, I just try to figure out how to service my new fork.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Ok, I thought so
    But that takes us back to my original question, why the manual says oil change every 100 hours and 50 hours between oil change in cartridge?

By the way, thanks for answering, I just try to figure out how to service my new fork.
    no worries. We hold this line here: service your fork every 6-months. just pick a point on the calendar within 5-7 months from when you started riding it and make an appointment reminder for yourself. when it comes time contact us or your local shop (if they know what they are doing) and have it serviced. Our forks can go a long time between service intervals real easily. they are designed for longevity and durability in the long term which is why we have such long service intervals.

If you are using the fork aggressively and daily, go with the 50-hrs interval. if you are what would be an "average user" (every weekend or every other weekend user) go with the 100 hrs (average of 6-months +/-) and you'll be gold.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Marzocchi_USA:

Thanks for taking the time to answer my admittedly long post. Guess that's what happens when I lurk in a thread way to long and save up all my questions. I'm just about there on taking the plunge on the fork. In the end I think my curiosity may get the better of me.

From what I understand the coil spring is contained in it's own sleeve so that it's possible to run the coil and then switch back to air at a later date? It would be interesting to pick up the coil down the road and experiment with it as an option for park days etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanej View Post
    You will like the fork for Nelson. If your a charger like me you will like the next tune up from stock that they offer, I have been riding in Nelson the past 15 years. I was just there in the fall doing a Demo with Giant. I was riding a Pike and we pined down Space Junk and I thought it was good. BUT I cant wait to get back and see how my 350 handles the steep stuff in Nelson compared to the Pike.. I don't know what shop you deal with but I wouldn't be to worried... I wouldn't personally worry about air volume.. I don't know what the stock tune feel like for compression but I might even try out the next tune from what I have. It keeps the fork up and handles high velocity hits really well. I here you on the lock out . I really don't like ALL low speed adjustments on forks. I think a adjustable low speed blow off is needed for MTB forks. WHy would I want to tune low speed and then sacrifice my high speed events and small bump sensitivity. I think the WORLD market wants lockouts.....
    Thanks for chiming in with your opinions Shane, particularly since you're familiar with our local terrain! I'm getting my first new ride in many years and I'm stoked to get it as dialled in as possible! I got a chance to ride the X-Fusion rep's bike at the Penticton Enduro last summer and that definitely showed me how much room for improvement there is with the suspension on my current ride! I haven't ridden the Pike a whole bunch, but I'd love to hear a bit more about the reasons you prefer your 350

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    [QUOTE=Sylvan.Being;11785450]Marzocchi_USA:

From what I understand the coil spring is contained in it's own sleeve so that it's possible to run the coil and then switch back to air at a later date? It would be interesting to pick up the coil down the road and experiment with it as an option for park days etc.

.....Yes and no. There is a list of parts that need to be changed in order to convert it from an AER system to a coil one. Basically it is 2/3 of that leg internally.

There are two different kits for Ti and steel (different springs require different spring guides).

COIL CONVERSION FROM AER
    1 RETAIL
    KNOB KIT SLV UPPER AIR (350) $27.00

1 701977/P $34.00
    TOP CAP 35/AL/BLK AIR PL 350

1 5141930/P>A*(replaces 5141930>A, 5141930) $222.00
    SPRING TITANIUM 55/350 160 K7,3

1 5142061/P*(replaces 5142061/I, 5142061) $45.00
    STEEL SPRING 35/160/6.5 55R/350R

1 536231 $7.00
    SPRING GUIDE LOVER 350 TITANIUM

1 536170>A $5.00
    SPRING GUIDE 55/350

1 8037004/P $67.00
    PISTON ROD SPRING 55/350 160 (150-140)

1 8501444/P*(replaces 8501444) $14.00
    FIXING SCREW PISTON ROD 35/38

TITANIUM CONVERSION TOTAL $371.00
    STEEL CONVERSION TOTAL $192.00
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Marzocchi_USA

I got a new 2014 350 CR fork in November

I used it for 2 rides a week apart from December where I rode just once in 3 weeks now it has wear marks on one of the stanchions. This can't be ok right?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Would like to know what marzocchi think of this?
    Marzocchi 350 CR worn stanchions « Singletrack Forum

Not mine, but I have a set (unused) and I'd be VERY nervous if this is the kind of service to expect from the UK Marzocchi agent.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by fr0sty125 View Post
    Marzocchi_USA

I got a new 2014 350 CR fork in November

I used it for 2 rides a week apart from December where I rode just once in 3 weeks now it has wear marks on one of the stanchions. This can't be ok right?
    if you are here in the US, take photos of it and email them and a very detailed explanation to us: [email protected]. We will get it figured out. if you are not in the US, there is a list of international distributors here:

Tenneco Marzocchi Suspension
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dobbs59 View Post
    Would like to know what marzocchi think of this?
    Marzocchi 350 CR worn stanchions « Singletrack Forum

Not mine, but I have a set (unused) and I'd be VERY nervous if this is the kind of service to expect from the UK Marzocchi agent.
    Windwave is really good about their service and helping back up warranty with us. Some of these have been able to be warrantied but others we have not been able to warranty for various reasons. The majority of them we were able to process through as warranty though. We have't seen too many here in the US.

Anyone in the UK can always contact Marzocchi Italy directly too though Windwave is really good about staying in contact with Italy about all tech issues that come up.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Got my hose guide!

Thank you...Thank you!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by RS VR6 View Post
    Got my hose guide!

Thank you...Thank you!!
    awesome,
    very welcome!
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Hi Marzocchi_USA

Thanks
    was the fork reduced in travel at all? send an email to [email protected] and if possible describe the click as best you can or shoot a video in a quiet room and email that as well.

Assuming the fork is installed properly and the headset is correct and tight and the bar is tight and all bolts are greased and the wheel is secure.

does the noise show up at random or every time you ride or only when you first compress the fork? be really specific in your email so we can trouble shoot it for you.

-DM
    My CR started clicking after evening ride. I haven't ridden it much - something like 6-7 hours in somewhat cold conditions. There were no clicking before today. It clicks somewhere around 5cm into the travel. Fork was never disassembled and no travel reduction done.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CS645
    stanchion coating and price is the only difference. the 2015 came down in cost because of the stanchion treatment.
    A bit late but thanks for that.

I'm seriously considering buying a 2014 350CR. I'm a bit worried though, due to all the posted scratched stanchion issues. I noticed that the 2015 has an advised oil level of 25ml while the 2014 model has 20ml listed on the website. If I were to open it myself (with the help of an experienced friend and thereby voiding the warranty), would it be better to fill the 2014 model to the 2015 25ml or is the difference immaterial anyway?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    My CR started clicking after evening ride. I haven't ridden it much - something like 6-7 hours in somewhat cold conditions. There were no clicking before today. It clicks somewhere around 5cm into the travel. Fork was never disassembled and no travel reduction done.
    I think I missed the question from @Garyorange5, for him that clicking then no clicking was a spring seat seating. that is not uncommon and as long as the noise is gone now there isn't anything left to do, all it means is the top out spring was not fully seated at assembly and it popped off when aired up. Once the fork is compressed hard it pops back in fully and won't come out again.

for @Graved1gger.. can you email a video at all to me? [email protected], make sure it is in a quiet room. It is probably nothing. Make sure your axle is tight but not so tight as to bind the fork up also.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    A bit late but thanks for that.

I'm seriously considering buying a 2014 350CR. I'm a bit worried though, due to all the posted scratched stanchion issues. I noticed that the 2015 has an advised oil level of 25ml while the 2014 model has 20ml listed on the website. If I were to open it myself (with the help of an experienced friend and thereby voiding the warranty), would it be better to fill the 2014 model to the 2015 25ml or is the difference immaterial anyway?
    Take it to a shop and have them put about 10cc or so oil in each leg if you want. You can go up to about 30cc in each leg. they are stock at 20 but a little more won't hurt the system at all.

I didn't see you write anything about warranty
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Take it to a shop and have them put about 10cc or so oil in each leg if you want. You can go up to about 30cc in each leg. they are stock at 20 but a little more won't hurt the system at all.

I didn't see you write anything about warranty
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Hello Marzocchi US,

I have some questions about the 053 S3C2R. First, I am building up a carbon GT Sensor (2015). I was wondering if you folks will be making a 184/44 length/stroke version. Or if I can have it shortened. And second, how does having LSC and HSC adjustments work with your Down, Ride, Up switch? Isn't that a bit redundant? Thank you.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I have the exact same question, and was wondering how it works and why they didn't go with a two position switch where the second setting is a climb platform. That would have been my personal preference.

mtbr member
    ALSO, are we still on track with April for release? I need this beauty in my life!

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jazclrint View Post
    Hello Marzocchi US,

I have some questions about the 053 S3C2R. First, I am building up a carbon GT Sensor (2015). I was wondering if you folks will be making a 184/44 length/stroke version. Or if I can have it shortened. And second, how does having LSC and HSC adjustments work with your Down, Ride, Up switch? Isn't that a bit redundant? Thank you.
    As far as I measured, Sensor frame is capable of accepting 190x51 shock, but then it will become Force with 150mm travel.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    As far as I measured, Sensor frame is capable of accepting 190x51 shock, but then it will become Force with 150mm travel.
    Well, it still wouldn't be a Force as the geometries are fairly different, but I see your point. But I would rather stick to stock length in the back. If they are customizable i'd like to know.

Btw, nice ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Hello Marzocchi US,

184/44? that is one wacky size! technically you can short stroke a shock for that but it won't work quite right. We would have to play with one to see if it is possible. we have successfully done it with our Roco TSTr and WC shocks but they use an IFP which needs a different displacement to counter the different volume in the main chamber. the 053 uses a bladder so it would be a different process that we would need to experiment with but for now we don't make anything in that stroke.

I can see the thinking of the adjustability being redundant but the weay the system works the lever changes the valving and the actual HSC/LSC knobs adjust the shims so the compression can be adjusted with the valving in any position. it gives a broader range of adjustment
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyFoe View Post
    I have the exact same question, and was wondering how it works and why they didn't go with a two position switch where the second setting is a climb platform. That would have been my personal preference.
    the only thing I can say is why have two positions when you can have three?
    A lock out (with adjustable blow off), a neutral position with the valving basically half closed and half open and a full open position.

I can't speak to why three settings over two but it is my understanding we did it because that is the market norm for rear shocks in this style.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    [QUOTE=socalMX;11798034]ALSO, are we still on track with April for release? I need this beauty in my life!

so far, yes. I haven't heard any updates changing that timeline. Hopefully by then the dock strikes are worked out otherwise they could end up sitting on the water for a while too.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    184/44? that is one wacky size! technically you can short stroke a shock for that but it won't work quite right. We would have to play with one to see if it is possible. we have successfully done it with our Roco TSTr and WC shocks but they use an IFP which needs a different displacement to counter the different volume in the main chamber. the 053 uses a bladder so it would be a different process that we would need to experiment with but for now we don't make anything in that stroke.

I can see the thinking of the adjustability being redundant but the weay the system works the lever changes the valving and the actual HSC/LSC knobs adjust the shims so the compression can be adjusted with the valving in any position. it gives a broader range of adjustment
    Is it really? I work for a Giant and GT dealer, and that is the size for the new 27.5" Sensors, as well as the not so old 26" Trances. And there is a lot of them, and I'm not sure how many other Giant's use the same size. And Cane Creek, Fox, Rock Shox, and X-Fusion carry socks in those sizes (and Manitou says they will make custom length McLeods). The DBInline won't fit though (please don't ask how I know. I'll have to break out the violin). Now an 8 1/4" X 2" shock meant to run 10mm of sag in the front, and 8mm rear, that's a wacky size.

Back on track, it seems as far as I can tell, for someone who wants proper adjustability for the new Sensors the 53 is it, as the Bos and DBInline won't fit. But then BOS doesn't have the 184/44 option either.

As far as the tuning, so what you are saying is that someone who is more XC/Trail orientated can flip the lever to "Ride" and play with the dampening adjustments to dial that setting in, and then "Up" and "Down" are what they are. But if your more gravity orientated you could dial in "Down", and "Trail" and "Up" are what they are. Correct?

Thank you for your time!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Is it really? I work for a Giant and GT dealer, and that is the size for the new 27.5" Sensors, as well as the not so old 26" Trances. And there is a lot of them, and I'm not sure how many other Giant's use the same size. And Cane Creek, Fox, Rock Shox, and X-Fusion carry socks in those sizes (and Manitou says they will make custom length McLeods). The DBInline won't fit though (please don't ask how I know. I'll have to break out the violin). Now an 8 1/4" X 2" shock meant to run 10mm of sag in the front, and 8mm rear, that's a wacky size.

Back on track, it seems as far as I can tell, for someone who wants proper adjustability for the new Sensors the 53 is it, as the Bos and DBInline won't fit. But then BOS doesn't have the 184/44 option either.

As far as the tuning, so what you are saying is that someone who is more XC/Trail orientated can flip the lever to "Ride" and play with the dampening adjustments to dial that setting in, and then "Up" and "Down" are what they are. But if your more gravity orientated you could dial in "Down", and "Trail" and "Up" are what they are. Correct?

Thank you for your time!
    It isn't necessarily "wacky" but I would not call it a "standard size"? happy with that? For sure it is a custom OEM sized shock. Many companies are going to non standard (i.e.: 190x51, 200x51, 200x57, 216x63, 222x70). These sizes have been the normal for a while but trends in shock sizes and leverage rates have been changing as frame designs change to get the most out of their suspension for purpose-built machines. Maybe we are behind the times in offering these sizes and should look into the more off-brand (read: OE) sizes that are coming out. All that said, we have been working with GT on OEM for a while now and maybe by 2016 model year we will have GT specific sizes available.

You are correct in your assessment of adjustability. I (speaking personally) would have to say the full range of adjustments in each lever setting are to allow for a range for different race tracks or trails. You can fine tune a base setting for each of the lever settings for a given trail, set the up position (for sustained climbs like to the top of an enduro course where you could be climbing for up to an hour) for a lockout or a soft lock or light activity and have this as notes on your phone or a sticker (what we do for the racers), have a setup for the Ride position where you can have it semi-active and lots of low-speed compression to help hold it high in the travel as you may have a long traverse across a ridgeline and a final DH setting for the wide open valving with a lot of high speed compression for stutter/braking bumps and mid range low speed compression depending on the trail (big rocks/rollers/drops, whatever)...

Or you can do what I would just do and bolt it on, find a comfortable setting and leave it.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    the only thing I can say is why have two positions when you can have three?
    A lock out (with adjustable blow off), a neutral position with the valving basically half closed and half open and a full open position.

I can't speak to why three settings over two but it is my understanding we did it because that is the market norm for rear shocks in this style.
    ……

You can fine tune a base setting for each of the lever settings for a given trail,
    So bare with my fairly basic level of suspension knowledge here.

So with your suggestion of having a different "base tune" for each position, this would involve also having to adjust HSC/LSC every time i turn the lever to have a proper setup?

I'm just trying to understand what the point in having a trail position is if i have to change my damper settings anyway when i switch from down to trail. All i can think is Marzocchi felt that the shim stack adjustment alone wasn't enough to achieve a proper "trail" setting with the valve in the full open position?

I'm struggling to understand what the benefit of having the valve half closed is. The fork doesn't work this way and when i want a firmer trail ride i just go up two clicks on LSC.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Anyone pulled the lower legs of the NCR Ti's? the CR's is a simple job but the NCR's on the damper side the lower leg retaining bolt just rotates.

Since I live in a country without a service centre and warranty is not an issue, I'm happy to live with the consequences, but would rather not be randomly undoing bolts trial and error style.

Very unimpressed with the lack of information out there, compared to other manufacturers.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    So bare with my fairly basic level of suspension knowledge here.

So with your suggestion of having a different "base tune" for each position, this would involve also having to adjust HSC/LSC every time i turn the lever to have a proper setup?

I'm just trying to understand what the point in having a trail position is if i have to change my damper settings anyway when i switch from down to trail. All i can think is Marzocchi felt that the shim stack adjustment alone wasn't enough to achieve a proper "trail" setting with the valve in the full open position?

I'm struggling to understand what the benefit of having the valve half closed is. The fork doesn't work this way and when i want a firmer trail ride i just go up two clicks on LSC.
    Yes and no. Technically you'd have an optimal tune for each of the lever positions so if you were one of those enduro racer types you'd set up a tune for each stage (I work with these guys regularly) and that is just who they are and what they are in to. That is a level of detail that mere mortals (like myself and the majority of riders out there) won't need to do. us also-rans can just get a set up for the lever position we like the best and are going to spend the majority of our time in and just call it a day.

For example, I am more of a xc-type rider but I ride the majority of my rides on a 160mm travel GT Force (26 lbs so why not, right) so I would (again, personal settings here) run my ride selector lever in the middle position and probably with a fair amount of low speed compression as I won't be doing a lot of drops and bigger jumps and less low speed compression (maybe halfway through the dial) as my trails out here in So-Cal tend to have more small, high frequency stutters and rocks. HOWEVER, for those weekends I want to go ride lifts at Big Bear I'll find a setting with the ride selector in wide open that will work for me for riding up there.

Everything is about personal settings for your trails and riding style. Some of us are WFO riders, some of us are more into climbing all day to get to a trail and others will shuttle tot he top of a long trail. it's all a matter of preferences, that is why we have the ability to change settings. If we (Marzocchi) wanted you to ride one setting, we would not make it adjustable.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Uphill=sad View Post
    Anyone pulled the lower legs of the NCR Ti's? the CR's is a simple job but the NCR's on the damper side the lower leg retaining bolt just rotates.

Since I live in a country without a service centre and warranty is not an issue, I'm happy to live with the consequences, but would rather not be randomly undoing bolts trial and error style.

Very unimpressed with the lack of information out there, compared to other manufacturers.
    we are working on the service info stuff but are slow because of our corporate policies. if your foot nut is just spinning it needs help. Chances are you loosened up the cartridge inside. use an air torque gun on the lightest possible setting. Hopefully everything is ok with the fork.

it is things like that that make us (Marzocchi) almost demand to have professional, trained service centers, to keep instances like that from happening which will hinder a rider's experience with our products.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    184/44? that is one wacky size!
    ?? Giant used that size on their Trance x range for Eons.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    and they don't use that size anymore. Our marzocchi friend here clarified his statement as saying at the very least it's not common on current bike.

And thank you for answering my question in such detail. It's nice to understand how it works, and maybe more importantly how it was meant to be used. It will definitely help in making an informed purchase decision. Cheers

mtbr member
    and they don't use that size anymore. Our marzocchi friend here clarified his statement as saying at the very least it's not common on current bike.
    Well, I find a 184mm shock on a bunch of modern short travel 29er trailbikes: Kona Process 111, Banshee Phantom, 2015 Evil The Following...
    And it's an uncommon size indeed, I can't find a decently capable shock in this size, made apart the DB Inline that's not going to fit every frame...

mtbr member
    Fun thread to read with a lot of cool info. No doubt we need a 053 that will fit the GT Sensor

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by cbj2012 View Post
    Fun thread to read with a lot of cool info. No doubt we need a 053 that will fit the GT Sensor
    I'll talk to GT and our engineers about that and see what's possible. I try to keep it fun here
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014

And thank you for answering my question in such detail. It's nice to understand how it works, and maybe more importantly how it was meant to be used. It will definitely help in making an informed purchase decision. Cheers
    word up,

cheers!

--DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I am wondering if is possible to lower the 350 NCR all the way down to 130? I see that 140 and 150 is standard, but I am looking for a 130 fork.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by torepuma View Post
    I am wondering if is possible to lower the 350 NCR all the way down to 130? I see that 140 and 150 is standard, but I am looking for a 130 fork.
    No, the internals are too long to allow it.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Ok. Thanks for the quick reply.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by torepuma View Post
    Ok. Thanks for the quick reply.
    No worries.
    good question though
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Does anyone know which adapter do i need to use, to fit a Shimano 180mm disc front rotor on the fork? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Does anyone know which adapter do i need to use, to fit a Shimano 180mm disc front rotor on the fork? Thanks!
    Shimano SM-MA90 Disc Brake Adapter | Shimano

This one,
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Are there any reviews or comparisons of the 250 NCR vs the 350 NCR Titanium?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by crank1979 View Post
    Are there any reviews or comparisons of the 250 NCR vs the 350 NCR Titanium?
    I haven't seen any yet. I have ridden both and can give my opinion (I think I posted it earlier in the thread somewhere). I sent a 350 Ti up to Bike Magazine last week for a long term test. I think they will be doing the test on their website. I'll ask Forrest from MTBR again also, we were talking about a test at one point and he liked that idea.

-DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    2014 350 CR review: Marzocchi 350CR suspension fork review - MBR

I like the pro's and don't care about the con's so positive review for me.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    2014 350 CR review: Marzocchi 350CR suspension fork review - MBR

I like the pro's and don't care about the con's so positive review for me.
    Well, after the service done on my fork I can definitely agree that the fork is super-plush. But also I can agree with the review - I'd like the fork to be a bit more progressive. Though the fork is the best one for the price. Also, everyone is comparing it with the pike, while the NCR should be compared with the Pike.

mtbr member
    I haven't seen any yet. I have ridden both and can give my opinion (I think I posted it earlier in the thread somewhere). I sent a 350 Ti up to Bike Magazine last week for a long term test. I think they will be doing the test on their website. I'll ask Forrest from MTBR again also, we were talking about a test at one point and he liked that idea.

-DM
    I'm trying to decide what I should replace my 44 RC3 Ti with. Weight is similar enough for both.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    There's a bike a rumour article from the Tapei Bike Show with updates on the dropper post and and 053 shock. It sounds like they should both be available relatively soon...

TPE15: Marzocchi Espresso Dropper Post drops in, plus new Enduro & XC Shocks, and more!

The article also mentions that Marzocchi will bel releasing 350s with 170mm travel at some point! Marzocchi_USA do you have any notion of when the 170mm versions of the 350 will be available? Is the increased travel something that could be retrofit into the 160mm models or does it require a new chassis?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Also, there's a positive thread over at NSMB.com about the 380. It sounds like the people who have ridden it are really happy with it overall. I'm hoping this bodes well for the performance of the 350 NCR since I'm going to be picking one up pretty shortly!

mtbr member
    Damn... I'll need to change my 350 for the new 170mm one! :-)

And glad to see the post will be available in 150mm stroke.

mtbr member
    Aand... the 27.5+ dedicated 350 may come to serve nicely the 5-6inch 29er crowd...

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    My friend found THIS in his 2014 55CR... it seems to be like an extremly thick oil, but what it was doing there?
    Attachment 973990

mtbr member
    I think he just really, really likes his fork.

mtbr member
    My friend found THIS in his 2014 55CR... it seems to be like an extremly thick oil, but what it was doing there?
    Attachment 973990
    Which leg did that come out of? If it was the damper side, I could see that causing some issues.
    I don't crash, I just have slightly uncontrolled dismounts!

mtbr member
    we are working on the service info stuff but are slow because of our corporate policies. if your foot nut is just spinning it needs help. Chances are you loosened up the cartridge inside. use an air torque gun on the lightest possible setting. Hopefully everything is ok with the fork.

it is things like that that make us (Marzocchi) almost demand to have professional, trained service centers, to keep instances like that from happening which will hinder a rider's experience with our products.
    But if you already had the information out this probably wouldn't have happened. What hiders my riding experience the most is when I have to send a fork in and wait for it to come back. Plus all that cash I could of saved by doing it myself. God help you if I something goes wrong in the middle of July. That was the last time I ever rode service center only forks. 3.5 weeks to replace seals when I could of done it that afternoon. I always keep an extra set of seals since then.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiplague View Post
    Which leg did that come out of? If it was the damper side, I could see that causing some issues.
    It was in the leg with an air chamber.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    It was in the leg with an air chamber.
    Did it came out from the air spring or from the lower leg?

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Did it came out from the air spring or from the lower leg?
    Well, he forgot to let the air out of the air chamber before pulling of the lowers. So while the fork was upside down he pressed on the valve and that stuff came out with the air through the valve.

He lubed the seals and put 25cc of oil in each leg and the fork is working fine, but WTF that was?

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Well, he forgot to let the air out of the air chamber before pulling of the lowers. So while the fork was upside down he pressed on the valve and that stuff came out with the air through the valve.

He lubed the seals and put 25cc of oil in each leg and the fork is working fine, but WTF that was?
    When you compress air the moisture falls out and settles in the bottom of the air chamber.
    After a while the water will mix up with oil and grease and produce the grey mass.
    You can relax its absolutely normal

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    When you compress air the moisture falls out and settles in the bottom of the air chamber.
    After a while the water will mix up with oil and grease and produce the grey mass.
    You can relax its absolutely normal
    I'm relaxed - it ain't my fork but I've never seen such stuff. And yes I laughed a lot when he sent this photo
    Thanks for the explanation.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

-DM

HOw would you compare the heat management of the 053 compared to Float X, Monarch RC3 Plus debonair or CCDB Air?
    And why is it that every shock has such a large damper body and the 053 is so small? Can it really compete with the smoothness of the others?

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Aerated oil. Try it with your fork. Same result.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    But if you already had the information out this probably wouldn't have happened. What hiders my riding experience the most is when I have to send a fork in and wait for it to come back. Plus all that cash I could of saved by doing it myself. God help you if I something goes wrong in the middle of July. That was the last time I ever rode service center only forks. 3.5 weeks to replace seals when I could of done it that afternoon. I always keep an extra set of seals since then.
    I understand and appreciate what you have to say, especially as a rider myself. Corporate policy is what it is and ours isn't much different from other companies out there. I am not defending it nor apologizing for it, it just is what it is.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by savo View Post
    Aand... the 27.5+ dedicated 350 may come to serve nicely the 5-6inch 29er crowd...
    yes, yes it will. that was my first thought when I heard we were doing it.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bansaiman View Post
    HOw would you compare the heat management of the 053 compared to Float X, Monarch RC3 Plus debonair or CCDB Air?
    And why is it that every shock has such a large damper body and the 053 is so small? Can it really compete with the smoothness of the others?
    personally I have only ridden the Float X and Monarch on that list. the Float is smaller than the 053 and the SRAM units are both larger and the CCDB is much larger. The few laps I have been able to put on a 053 were all on a prototype unit and it never lost damping or heated up to the point it became harsh or locked out, I have experienced that with the Fox stuff and the Monarch.

I have heard nothing but good things about the CCDB and the only thing I hear about the Debonair is it is just a larger, under-sprung Float X, but again, I have no personal experience on either of them. I am waiting for my 053 to come in just like everyone else.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    There's a bike a rumour article from the Tapei Bike Show with updates on the dropper post and and 053 shock. It sounds like they should both be available relatively soon...

TPE15: Marzocchi Espresso Dropper Post drops in, plus new Enduro & XC Shocks, and more!

The article also mentions that Marzocchi will bel releasing 350s with 170mm travel at some point! Marzocchi_USA do you have any notion of when the 170mm versions of the 350 will be available? Is the increased travel something that could be retrofit into the 160mm models or does it require a new chassis?
    totally retrofitable. it is a cartridge that can be installed in any existing chassis. I have seen the part number but not the part yet so I can't say for certain. it is very possible (but not probable) it will be a mid-year change and they will start shipping by summer this year as early release 2016. I have seen a few OE companies with the spec for 2016 already so that with the part number already I know it is just a matter of time.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Also, there's a positive thread over at NSMB.com about the 380. It sounds like the people who have ridden it are really happy with it overall. I'm hoping this bodes well for the performance of the 350 NCR since I'm going to be picking one up pretty shortly!
    you won't be disappointed. I love my NCR, plush and firm at the same time, it just does what I need. flexy when it needs to be and stiff all at once. the ONLY complaint I have is I think it is too tall and I want a travel adjust for it but installing a Micro STA cartridge will remove the NCR cartridge and I am pretty partial to it.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

It's about showing up.
    I have no idea why this thread is still around but I am # 56001!
    I don't rattle.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Hi question- does the 350R (coil fork) have the ability to dial down the travel to 140mm? Are the springs for heavy riders available? I loved my Atom 80 and would love a coil Marz fork!
    I guarantee I will never, ever be accused of bringing sexy back...

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Molasses View Post
    Hi question- does the 350R (coil fork) have the ability to dial down the travel to 140mm? Are the springs for heavy riders available? I loved my Atom 80 and would love a coil Marz fork!
    none of the coil forks can be adjusted in travel without serious, warranty-voiding modifications. The springs in the 350 forks are pretty stout and all have an air preload giving them a pretty infinite adjustment. I know it is a poor man's fix but it does work.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Does the new Marzocchi forks use a single seal design like the rockshox and fox, or are they still a dual seal design?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I should have been a little more clear with my question. Does the new 320 line of forks use a single seal design?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by danny.mendes View Post
    Does the new Marzocchi forks use a single seal design like the rockshox and fox, or are they still a dual seal design?

the new 320 series forks with 51 offset and the new 27.5 models all use the single seal system, all other forks for now use the dual seal
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Marzocchi website lists the old part # for the dual seal. Is there a new part # for the 320 27.5 single seal?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by danny.mendes View Post
    Marzocchi website lists the old part # for the dual seal. Is there a new part # for the 320 27.5 single seal?
    8507025/P
    SEAL KIT 32MM - SINGLE SEAL RED XC

These are not available yet as aftermarket though. I haven't seen an ETA for them here in the US.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast