mtbr member
    Sep 2018

Looking at the Ghost Kato FS 7.7

Hi MTBR,

It's my first post and I was hoping I could have some advice on a potential FS bike I'm looking at.
    I'm coming from the road primarially and a hardtail for some basic cross country stuff in the past. Now I'm looking at a full on full suspension rig for the foothills in Boulder, CO where I live.

The Ghost Kato FS 7.7 from REI currently is going for $2050~ on a big clearance and the spec sheet looks quite good. Up from older models it now also has through axles and a 1by groupset. Is this a good deal? Should I be looking at something else?
    Any reason not to go for this?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Not a bad deal. 69* headtube and fox 32 may limit you a bit or not. Bikes are getting too slack for me, anyway. Drivetrain looks good, slx is really good. Take it for a ride. Bomb some stairs, bunny hop a Prius. Etc.....

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Good deal, nice ride, well spec'd. Can't go wrong at the price. Like above poster noted, if you are riding hardcore and getting big air, then it might not be for you..
    I have one and love it for riding local trails and playing. Though, I am npt interested in big air and bombing. Plan on spending a few rides adjusting suspension, it took 4-5 rides to dial in, but it was time well spent.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul