Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! At last a 36er site!

Enjoy. Let's make the 36er trend take off! The next big thing?
    36ers

mtbr member
    Tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly!

AZ
    banned
    One page does not qualify as a "site".

mtbr member
    I am sure that's a dream come true for somebody.

Somebody reeeeally dorky.

mtbr member

ballbuster
    Yeah, 36ers. You will never get them around a switchback, they aren't flickalbe, no Freeride parts, no choices in suspension forks, no tire choices, wheelbase too long, you can't bunny hop them...

Wait... isn't that exactly what they said about 29ers 10 years ago?

Yeah, not as if all of a sudden the world is banging down the door.

Improvement or not over other wheel sizes, unless it reaches a critical mass, it's a way vertical boutique one-off kinda thing.

Too bad. I would love to try one out. I'm just not sure how much real world use I would give it. I think there is exactly one 36er in the whole NorCal Bay Area. My chances of riding one are practically zero unless I win the lottery and have one custom built.

Heh... 36er 'site'. Any bonehead with 10 year old computer and dial-up can get a blog site for free these days.

Wow, DC.... three red Chicklets. Impressive!

meow meow
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot View Post

my first thought. but what is the point of a 36er? if you need that large a wheel to roll over crap you cant on a 26 or 29er its a skill issue.

mtbr member
    Careful lads, 26ers were saying that about us a few years back

mtbr member
    Hmmm, a 36er rigid SS to replace my 29er. I'd like to try one.

On wuss patrol
    A lotta hate.

I'd try a 36er. Sure, why not?
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

mtbr member
    On one of those 36ers there is some kind of shock built in the fork there. What is it?
    Interesting hub for dual rotors up front.

Oh and those haters forgot that 36ers are flexy, heavy as hell and turn like a tanker.

ps. guys believe me or not but 36ers will go the way of 29ers. 36ers now are like 29ers in 2002.
    When first fork will appear? Reba 36er? Nanoraptor 36"? Dual sport bike 36"?

AZ
    banned

It'll be four by the end of the thread.

mtbr member
    36ers are soooo two weeks ago, I'm already looking for a 49er.
    1ST RATE Earnest Borgnine-Ethel Merman erotic nudes!óDANGó Ethel was WAY hairier

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    49er nah holding out for 69er here.

If I was rich like seriously rich I'd like 1 and happily fool around on it!!

ballbuster

Well, this:

Quote Originally Posted by b-kul View Post
    my first thought. but what is the point of a 36er? if you need that large a wheel to roll over crap you cant on a 26 or 29er its a skill issue.
    ... is why:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fYt6IqaHk_Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Duh... why? Because it looks like a freakin' blast to ride. I mean, define 'best' bike, right? I personally don't have much desire to ride whatever JHK won the World Cup on, because I never ride like that. I just like to go ride and have a good time. No d*** measuring involved.

Smiles per hour.

I would seriously like to spend some real time on one.... see for myself how I like it. When I first rode a bud's 29er, it immediately made me want to go out and buy one... which I did like two weeks later after selling off a couple 26er bikes I never rode. Then, I wanted to sell off all my 26er stuff and completely convert the quiver over to 29ers. I only have one bike left to go.

That said, I tried a Surly Pugsly on a real 15 mile trail ride, and kinda ended up hating it. This was after a parking lot ride where I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

mtbr member
    I've got to admit the stair ride looks very fun, but the bike looks like it'd be a handful on even an intermediate technical trail.

mtbr member
    I've always been a little confused by the 26" wheel bashing in the 29er forum, but now it's clear that anyone who shows interest in smaller or larger wheels is a heretic.

BTW, the stair ride video is nice.
    Dave

ballbuster

Heh....

Quote Originally Posted by 2002maniac View Post
    I've got to admit the stair ride looks very fun, but the bike looks like it'd be a handful on even an intermediate technical trail.
    All I have to say is.....

Last edited by pimpbot; 11-12-2011 at 07:30 PM.

banned
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidcopperfield View Post
    36ers
    Looks cool, but question it's mass appeal.
    At 6'2" I'm probably too short, and doubt that <5% of avid riders can create a demand.
    Please keep posting pix, as I always enjoy new trends.
    Ignore red chicklets, be brave.

ballbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin_W View Post
    Looks cool, but question it's mass appeal.
    At 6'2" I'm probably too short, and doubt that <5% of avid riders can create a demand.
    Please keep posting pix, as I always enjoy new trends.
    Ignore red chicklets, be brave.
    Wheel size has little to do with frame size.

meow meow
    ... is why:
    well yeah, its different and could be fun but what is the actual point? is there some technical advantage? and where will it stop?

Harmonius Wrench
    I've ridden one for a few months. It's one of the two that were first built out of Milltown Cycles.

The materials technology would necessarily need to be amped way up before I would consider actually owning one. The wheels especially are pretty far off the back when it comes to how much better they could be.

Funny thing was that in the three months or so that I rode this, only a couple of people even noticed it was something unusual. If I ride my fat-bike, I get three looks and exclamations on every ride. I just mention that for the "gotta-have-something-unusual" crowd that may be into this idea.

But yeah, these could be pretty rad bikes, its just that technically they are waaaay off the back in terms of rims, spokes, and tires. Pretty much everything that defines the niche.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails At last a 36er site!-contiking09-038.jpg  

Riden' an Smilin'
    Guitar Ted

Blog
    RidingGravel.com

On wuss patrol
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Ted View Post
    The wheels especially are pretty far off the back when it comes to how much better they could be.

.... its just that technically they are waaaay off the back in terms of rims, spokes, and tires.
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

ballbuster

That...

Quote Originally Posted by b-kul View Post
    well yeah, its different and could be fun but what is the actual point? is there some technical advantage? and where will it stop?

... is the point. I mean, what is the point of all of this, right?

Harmonius Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by Malibu412 View Post
    What.....that doesn't make sense to you?

The tires are atrocious, the spokes are very flexy, and the rims are nothing special. Until those things could be improved upon, this niche is going to be stuck in 2002 compared to what the other mtb wheel sizes enjoy for wheel tech.
    Riden' an Smilin'
    Guitar Ted

Blog
    RidingGravel.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I don't understand why we would go straight to 36". Shouldn't the next logical size be 32"?

Also, from personal experience I know that the 29er's increased traction and grip and the ability to simply roll over stuff more than make up for any lack of nimbleness or strength; as long as we're not talking 6' drops, of course (which I couldn't do on a 26er, anyway). So, assuming that they make the 36" or 32" wheels out of materials that can handle the additional stresses associated with a larger rim, I would expect the bike to be a load of fun on the right trail. Right tool for the job and all....

That Unicycle Guy
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by madtorker View Post
    I don't understand why we would go straight to 36". Shouldn't the next logical size be 32"?
    This is a rare case of unicycle technology being adapted for bike use instead of the other way around. 36" unicycles first showed up in 98 and slowly evolved until 2008 when the evolution of the big wheel unicycle got a huge boost in the form of "Ride The Lobster" a 800km unicycle race in which 36" unicycles were by far the most competitive size.

Right now I would say that the rims are actually quite decent if you like wider rims on your bike. Not ideal if you are making a 36" road bike but I would think acceptable for trail duty.

I am not sure what Ted means by "the spokes are very flexy." 14g spokes have become the norm for 36ers. If you want stiffer spokes you can probably still find the old 12g spokes but for the future I would much rather see some nice double butted spokes to loose some weight in that department.

If you want a stiffer wheel you can use a wider hub like Nimbus and Coker do on their 36" unicycles.

Yup the tires suck. They are heavy and stiff but there are people working on getting some much lighter grippier tires made. I wish them luck.

32" might be a great size for bikes but that wheel size will have to come from your side of the fence. There was a bit of talk a while ago about a new wheel size to fit the gap between 29 and 36 for unicycles but it became apparent that there is more interest in a even larger wheel (42-48") than 32 so I can't see it happening in the next few years.

mtbr member
    @Guitar Ted what is the bottom bracket drop on that 36er? Specialized lists their epic 29ers like 34mm and 26er like just 1mm. A short person on or might I say IN a 36er must feel the extra low centre of gravity.
    Any other geometry specs you know? TT, WB, standover, CS?

mtbr member
    @cragsj that 69er/27,5er forum is a bit underviewed and more for those kiddie wheel riders. 36ers ought to stick to 29er forum as 29ers riders wrap their minds more around even bigger wheels and 584mm rim lovers have little interest in 36ers. They even can't ride a 29er properly, even the best one out there.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    If only there were a forum for alternative wheel sizes like this one.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

Copperfield's dream come true! (wink,wink)

Now if someone can just wedge a pair of 13 inch travel moto forks and rear sus under a 36er, or maybe a Boyesen link, then chuck a 500 cc ripper engine in there somewhere, and while I'm thinking of it I want a snow going 36er with tires that are 25 inches wide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh God, here we go!
    Last edited by NEPMTBA; 11-13-2011 at 07:48 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    @cragsj that 69er/27,5er forum is a bit underviewed and more for those kiddie wheel riders. 36ers ought to stick to 29er forum as 29ers riders wrap their minds more around even bigger wheels and 584mm rim lovers have little interest in 36ers. They even can't ride a 29er properly, even the best one out there.
    The 29er forum is for 29ers. This thread had utterly nothing to do with 29ers and no one cares about your petty contempt for other cyclists.

mtbr member
    If we want to evoke interest in 787mm rims it is here, not where the 584mm rim is beloved. Potential interested persons are more likely to be found here, as those ones already made a switch for a heavier, less nimble and sluggish bikes like 29ers in the early days. 27,5er lovers rely on omnipresent 26er stuff like forks and they complain unduly about 622mm in mtb. They are stuck in 2004.
    This thread shares the pproliferation of 29ers in 2002 with 36er one in 2012.

I'm interested whether it has a future ahead.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    If we want to evoke interest in 787mm rims it is here...
    Who is "we"? "We" want to talk about 29er topics in the 29er forum, not evangelize for you.

The ironic thing is that you you think you're more respected here than in the forum made for this topic.

AZ
    banned

I'm interested whether it has a future ahead.

With you promoting it, it will be still born. If you want it to have any chance at success step back and quit posting since you alienate most anyone that reads your posts.

meow meow

... is the point. I mean, what is the point of all of this, right?
    sure but im asking for the technical benefit. thats why new tech gets developed. im sure dw wasnt sitting at home and thought, "man, mountain biking sure is fun but do you know what would make it even better, a new suspension system". fun is good but if all something offers is fun and nothing else, well, i can have fun an have an edge too.

ballbuster

Don't forget...

Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA View Post
    Copperfield's dream come true! (wink,wink)

Now if someone can just wedge a pair of 13 inch travel moto forks and rear sus under a 36er, or maybe a Boyesen link, then chuck a 500 cc ripper engine in there somewhere, and while I'm thinking of it I want a snow going 36er with tires that are 25 inches wide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh God, here we go!
    the 10mm thru axle rear and 29.5 spoke wheels!

mtbr member
    Sure, a 36er would be a pretty interesting thing to try but i cannot imagine doing anything else than cruising easy trails with it.
    Maneuvrability is everything here, i love my 29er but its pretty much at the limit of wheel size for steep trails and jumping.
    I often get tire to ass encounters on my 26 inch DH bike riding the steeps and a lot more on my 29er! My ass would not handle a 36er for MOUNTAIN biking, probably resulting in serious injuries or even death!

WIGGLER
    Quote Originally Posted by masterofnone View Post
    Hmmm, a 36er rigid SS to replace my 29er. I'd like to try one.

ME also!!!......Lots.....O........fun!!!!

At last a 36er site!-dsc00218.jpg
    PAYASO 36er.....Live the Circus

MR. 36er TROLL

I'm sorry what part of "BIGLY" didn't you understand?

On wuss patrol
    Quote Originally Posted by todwil View Post
    ME also!!!......Lots.....O........fun!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00218.JPG 
Views:	3602 
Size:	248.9 KB 
ID:	653233
    Nice. Gearing looks like it must be, what, 32-28?

WIGGLER
    Quote Originally Posted by malibu412 View Post
    nice. Gearing looks like it must be, what, 32-28?
    32-27!!!:d:d

MR. 36er TROLL

mtbr member
    I've ridden one for a few months. It's one of the two that were first built out of Milltown Cycles.
    How small are your feet?

The riding up stairs is not the least impressive...
    Usually, all of the rocks and roots are not spaced exactly the same an in a straight line.

How does it manual?

NedwannaB
    Oh yeah? Not impressed. He wouldn't even take it down the stairs. I thought descending was what BIG wheels were all about!!
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

NedwannaB

Not quite

Wheel size has little to do with frame size.
    He was referring to body size-wheel size. You know like the thinking that someone under 5'-8" is too short to ride a 29r. Me being an exception ofcourse at 5'-6"......
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    To ride this trail is completely free.
    Just show me a triangle..... make it three!

mtbr member
    That site needs to be constantly updated.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Yeah, 36ers. You will never get them around a switchback, they aren't flickalbe, no Freeride parts, no choices in suspension forks, no tire choices, wheelbase too long, you can't bunny hop them...

Wait... isn't that exactly what they said about 29ers 10 years ago?
    I know you say this in jest. I'd already disagree with you on the bunny-hop. I clear 10-12" logs pretty easily and the wheels never touch. You should see the responses it generates from riders behind!

Ya, it's not flick-able, you ride it like you ride a motorcycle. I still navigate tight trails, but it's not as easy to overcome a bad choice of line mid way through.

And fun, yes it's the best money I've spent on a bicycle in a long time. I have enough disposable income and all the other bikes that I 'want' to justify a novelty such as the 36er. I walk past my '06 Gary Fisher rig and '11 epic 29er to ride it. If I'm going with a fast group, the Rig is my bike of choice. Mostly because I'm not man enough to keep those big wheels rolling at speed and need the lighter bike to get the job done.

If anyone is in the N. Texas area, they are more than welcome to give it a spin. It took me about 50 miles to figure out how to ride it quickly on a trail. A 10 minute 'test spin' is likely to do nothing but discourage someone. I'd compare the differences to be in the vicinity of comparing it to a BMX vs 29er. Both will get the job done, but how you go about it will be VERY different.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    There are websites which promote donkey porn as well. Doesn't make it a good idea, or that you should ride them.
    2015 Scott Foil Team Issue
    2015 Kona Process 111
    2015 Salsa Mukluk 2

I am employed by a bike shop.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Bedell View Post
    I know you say this in jest. I'd already disagree with you on the bunny-hop. I clear 10-12" logs pretty easily and the wheels never touch. You should see the responses it generates from riders behind!

Ya, it's not flick-able, you ride it like you ride a motorcycle. I still navigate tight trails, but it's not as easy to overcome a bad choice of line mid way through.

And fun, yes it's the best money I've spent on a bicycle in a long time. I have enough disposable income and all the other bikes that I 'want' to justify a novelty such as the 36er. I walk past my '06 Gary Fisher rig and '11 epic 29er to ride it. If I'm going with a fast group, the Rig is my bike of choice. Mostly because I'm not man enough to keep those big wheels rolling at speed and need the lighter bike to get the job done.

If anyone is in the N. Texas area, they are more than welcome to give it a spin. It took me about 50 miles to figure out how to ride it quickly on a trail. A 10 minute 'test spin' is likely to do nothing but discourage someone. I'd compare the differences to be in the vicinity of comparing it to a BMX vs 29er. Both will get the job done, but how you go about it will be VERY different.
    Great post, I agree 100%. Although I still attempt to ride mine with the fast guys and generally struggle to keep up but I don't think a different bike would matter much with me at the helm. I think 10-15 miles gives you a pretty good taste but to really get used to the nuances your 50 mile number sounds about right. I can do almost everything on my 36er that I can do on my 29er and numerous things I can't do on my 29er (BIG step ups, faster on flat rooty trails, etc).

Some people are just haters and would rather rant in forums with no experience to back it up than go out and ride. If anyone's in central NC hit me up for rides as well. The smile is worth any extra effort.

mtbr member

The materials technology would necessarily need to be amped way up before I would consider actually owning one. The wheels especially are pretty far off the back when it comes to how much better they could be.

Funny thing was that in the three months or so that I rode this, only a couple of people even noticed it was something unusual. If I ride my fat-bike, I get three looks and exclamations on every ride. I just mention that for the "gotta-have-something-unusual" crowd that may be into this idea.

But yeah, these could be pretty rad bikes, its just that technically they are waaaay off the back in terms of rims, spokes, and tires. Pretty much everything that defines the niche.
    I like it

ballbuster

or...

Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    He was referring to body size-wheel size. You know like the thinking that someone under 5'-8" is too short to ride a 29r. Me being an exception ofcourse at 5'-6"......
    ...Impy at 5'2"

Quote Originally Posted by mbeardsl View Post
    Some people are just haters and would rather rant in forums with no experience to back it up than go out and ride. If anyone's in central NC hit me up for rides as well. The smile is worth any extra effort.
    True, and that was my original point. If you post anything 'different' you'll get a long line of folks bagging on it. They will have their 'opinions' of why it won't work, often just parroting what other folks have parroted from other folks.

People are sheeple.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeardsl View Post
    Great post, I agree 100%. Although I still attempt to ride mine with the fast guys and generally struggle to keep up but I don't think a different bike would matter much with me at the helm.
    I believe you would do much better with say a carbon rims ~600 grams and 48x7 super light spokes. ~3 kg carbon frame and 120mm suspension. ~3 kg 120mm fork. Glossy black or spark blue hue for ya?
    There is much potential in the wheel size but not in crappy Walmart parts.

ps. as for bunny hops vidoes or they never happened.

underachiever
    True, and that was my original point. If you post anything 'different' you'll get a long line of folks bagging on it. They will have their 'opinions' of why it won't work, often just parroting what other folks have parroted from other folks.

People are sheeple.
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Yes! I think that this is awesome. I would love to ride on one of these. Riding up stairs! Who could not think that that is cool? Who is to say that the 29er is the biggest you can go? This is America (for most of us) and we can always go bigger.

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeldrum26 View Post
    Yes! I think that this is awesome. I would love to ride on one of these. Riding up stairs! Who could not think that that is cool? Who is to say that the 29er is the biggest you can go? This is America (for most of us) and we can always go bigger.
    you can always look worse.
    WTB: Bomber Z2 1 1/8 steerer, in good to excellent shape OR bomber rebuild kit.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I want to see a video of the guy claiming he can bunny hop a 12" log on a 36er....

mtbr member
    There appears to be a lack of 36er sites so I setup one: 36er.net.
    It's just a forum right now but I'll be adding more features in the following weeks.

mtbr member
    Add pictures on the main site. Also someone with the best, lightest, greatest 36er out there may want to "donate" the bike to the bike magazine for extensive testing. That would mean something and give some insight as to what could be improved. That bike must be more like M not XXL, with short TT, extra low stanover, upsidedown or dropperbars with flipped stem like -40 deg plus a chin pad to protect the face from head set stack. Long offset for the fork 100mm or more to avoid toe-overlap. Summarizing a good well thought out 36er not a prototype like the Fisher in 2001.

mtbr member
    Add pictures on the main site. Also someone with the best, lightest, greatest 36er out there may want to "donate" the bike to the bike magazine for extensive testing. That would mean something and give some insight as to what could be improved. That bike must be more like M not XXL, with short TT, extra low stanover, upsidedown or dropperbars with flipped stem like -40 deg plus a chin pad to protect the face from head set stack. Long offset for the fork 100mm or more to avoid toe-overlap. Summarizing a good well thought out 36er not a prototype like the Fisher in 2001.
    I can't tell if you're serious or joking (or just stirring the pot). You don't need -40 deg stem and drop bars unless you're trying to time trial the thing... Seen ANY pictures recently of a 36er?

banned
    Jun 2007
    Dislike those who dictate what another should give as a gift. Also sounds like you're confused by the holidays, in the USA tomorrow is Thanksgiving.
    Am thankful for many things this year, and relieved to know that our village has located it's idiot..

AZ
    banned
    Do you ever reread what you post? I see for red squares in your future, I'm psychic like that.

mtbr member
    36er, man that does sound fun.

mtbr member
    This thread is chock full of LULZ.

Alright, moving along............................................. ..................................
    You in Oklahoma City? If yes, come ride with us.

WIGGLER
    Quote Originally Posted by CarabeBrodfard View Post
    wanna to share my pic of bike
    Post up some pics if it is a 36er!!!!!

MR. 36er TROLL

mtbr member
    Heh... 36er 'site'. Any bonehead with 10 year old computer and dial-up can get a blog site for free these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    One page does not qualify as a "site".
    Hi guys,
    I'm the one behind the 36er page. Yes, "page", cause I was out of the country for medical reason and unable to update the page I quickly set-up.
    My intention wasn't to post it here before I finish to gather the pics of 36re's owners who gave me authorization to use them.
    My goal was more to show the paper I wrote for the french magazine VeloVert, in order to thank all the builders that gave me time to chat about their creation.
    There will be more this week now that I'm back behind my computer (time that I'll spend not riding !)

cheers
    DirtySixer Bikes, California
    Big 32er & 36er bikes for tall riders
    DirtySixer
    Facebook
    Instagram

mtbr member
    Any updates?

ballbuster
    Any updates?
    ... only to your red chicklet collection.

aaaawwwwww... sick burn!!

SamIAm
    if i were ever to get at 29er rigid id look into a 36er first.
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

REALLY?
    I HATE THIS BIKE ON SOOOOOOO MANY LEVELS...

DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

dwt
    mtbr member
    36ers
    Don't get it. Great roll, but impossible to ride in tight singletrack? Alos, impossible to use any suspension. Danny McAskill himself would have trouble doing a manual on such a contraption.
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

ballbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by dwt View Post
    Don't get it. Great roll, but impossible to ride in tight singletrack? Alos, impossible to use any suspension. Danny McAskill himself would have trouble doing a manual on such a contraption.
    Sounds like he needs more practice.

Duh... if you want to do trials, this is most likely not your bike.

and if you don't get it, its not a bike for you. That's cool. Chocolate and vanilla. I personally wouldn't want a 9" bike with the seat slammed all the way down. Sounds like the best way to ruin a ride. I can see why somebody else would ride one if hucking off mesas in Utah. I just don't ride like that myself.

If I had the space to store it and the disposable income to buy one, I would be very interested.... at least to try it out and see how I like it in the real world.

WIGGLER
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgothro View Post
    I HATE THIS BIKE ON SOOOOOOO MANY LEVELS...

I like it on ALL the levels remaining!!!! If you havent ridden one you fellers dont know
    what your missin!!! Im starting 36er number four soon I need an AMP fork to get
    the correct axle to crown height.

MR. 36er TROLL

Axe
    Custom User Title
    This message is hidden because Davidcopperfield is on your ignore list.
    Highly recommended.

dwt
    mtbr member
    Sounds like he needs more practice.

surrree.....

Duh... if you want to do trials, this is most likely not your bike.
    Since when is a manual a trials move?
    This is closer to the truth for this bike: f you want to do trails, this is most likely not your bike.

I ride mtn bikes on trails, not BMX up and over gaps (though I wish I could) and certainly not circus clown bikes up and down staircases.
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

ballbuster
    I think DC is going to pitch wood over this one.

39ers!!

WIGGLER

Nope just another pesky 36er!!!

39ers!!

This bike is so proportional its hard to tell its a 36er...I like it!!! I believe that DC
    suffers from ERD envy....but I could be wrong.

MR. 36er TROLL

mtbr member

39ers!!
    Nope, still a 36er.

Funny that they have it labeled as a 39er and 29er on their site

mtbr member
    36er blog updated today.
    Cheers
    DirtySixer
    Facebook
    Instagram

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Here is a pic of my 36" wheels beach cruiser with hydroformed aluminum frame 1/2 link chain and 2 speed crank
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails At last a 36er site!-bwb-rs.jpg  

At last a 36er site!-bwb-tire.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    they aren't kidding with this sticker
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails At last a 36er site!-bwb-ls.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    this is the stick I was referring to
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails At last a 36er site!-bwb-sticker.jpg  

mtbr member
    Thanks John for the tip!
    Cheers
    DirtySixer
    Facebook
    Instagram

mtbr member
    Not hatin', but that isn't exactly a mountain bike...more like a beach cruiser.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Didn't know this was specific to mountain bikes, I considered since 36ers was so small that the more the merrier

mtbr member
    Yep, I think the 36er bike's world is too small to start categorizing it (yet)...
    And mtbr is the first (and only?) place where we can talk about it, be it mountain 36er or not exactly...

PS: that said I wish I could take this cruiser on a gravel road (maybe with normal bars)!!!
    DirtySixer
    Facebook
    Instagram

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    JNL1105: who makes that bike? I don't recognize that tire. I've been wanting a couple of cruisers for myself and the wife. Was thinking the Coker monster, but might look into something else if it were available.

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    It'll be four by the end of the thread.
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    a video of the cruiser : http://youtu.be/NPu8kMb_368
    DirtySixer
    Facebook
    Instagram

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    it is made by choice collective, in my opinion a huge improvement over the coker

That Unicycle Guy
    Oct 2008
    wah, where did you get that bike? and more importantly where did the tires come from? I haven't seen those before.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    The tires are made for choice collective and I know the importer, there are only 150 of them and I have owned 3 so far lol

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    This is another 36" wheeled bike I I own ( I have 2 of these)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails At last a 36er site!-hw-rh_1024x768.jpg  

turtles make me hot
    I want in... BAD.
    I like turtles

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jnl1105 View Post
    This is another 36" wheeled bike I I own ( I have 2 of these)
    I want one.

ChoiceCollective web site seems to be abandoned?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    I want one.

ChoiceCollective web site seems to be abandoned?

Coker will have 'the wheelman' available in Mid July.

Hmm, that seems the case on ChoiceCollective. Bummer.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I know for a fact that the bikes are available as I talked to the importer on Sunday. I have complete access to the stock that is in the USA

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jnl1105 View Post
    I know for a fact that the bikes are available as I talked to the importer on Sunday. I have complete access to the stock that is in the USA
    Who sells and $$? I could be talked into it pretty easily.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I actually have a spare.....that I might be persuaded to sell or I can get you a new one....

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

quality

1st set of pics on the bwb (big wheel bike)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails At last a 36er site!-img_3270.jpg  

At last a 36er site!-img_3271.jpg  

At last a 36er site!-img_3272.jpg  

At last a 36er site!-img_3275.jpg  

At last a 36er site!-img_3274.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

quality

bwb pics of detail
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails At last a 36er site!-img_3276.jpg  

At last a 36er site!-img_3277.jpg  

At last a 36er site!-img_3278.jpg