Kona Explosif??

Printable View

• 03-08-2019
    Austin-nc
    Kona Explosif??
    Not a ton of info online about these, found one locally for $700 with a good drivetrain and fox 34.

Any owners out there think this would make a good second bike? I have a nomad for fun trails but its kinda boring on my local flat trails during the week.

The honzo looks fun too but not much of a 29er fan, and the explosif can swap back and forth wheel sets with my nomad if needed. Are steel hard tails that much better ride quality?
  • 03-08-2019
    The new Kona Big Honzo ST can run both sets too. I just bought a Big Honzo steel.
  • 03-08-2019
    Austin-nc
    yeah the new ones are very nice but im trying to keep cost low as this will be a weekday exercise ride/bar cruiser/wheelie/bunny hop practice bike haha. everyone seems to love the honzo and the 2016 explosif geometry seems pretty close.
  • 03-08-2019
    Timothy G. Parrish
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin-nc View Post
    yeah the new ones are very nice but im trying to keep cost low as this will be a weekday exercise ride/bar cruiser/wheelie/bunny hop practice bike haha. everyone seems to love the honzo and the 2016 explosif geometry seems pretty close.

Get it. You will not be disappointed. Kona has discontinued the Explosif, which is really sad IMO.