Kona 700c P2 Fork?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Kona 700c P2 Fork?

In the Sticky thread on conversions Davis Carver posted an item that the Kona Project 2 700c Cross Fork would be a good fork to use for conversion so long as you didn't want to use a "monster tire", but he didn't actually say what was or was not a monster tire. Anyone here actually using this fork? I've been looking for specs on this fork and so far have been unable to find any. Does anyone know th A-C dimension on this fork, and will an average 2.1 29" tire fit?

Welsh Dave
    Jul 2005
    The one I have (disc 700C; No canti studs) seems to be the cyclo-cross model. Or one of them.

The A-C [from memory] is only about 395mm to 398mm, so it's shorter than some of my other 26-inch MTB P2s. It will just about take a 700C with 32mm Ritchey cx tyre.

We can't seem to get aftermarket versions of the 700c 29er fork over here. Apart from that, there seems to be quite a confusing number of 26/ 700C variants on the P2 available.

DM

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    The 26" dirt-jump/freeride P2s with disc mounts are long enough to run 29er setups with 2.1s, perhaps that's the one he (carver) used.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

Members who have read this thread: 0