mtbr member
    May 2010

Knolly Warden vs GG Megatrail

There's been one post about this but its 3 years back, so here we are again.

I am in dire need of a new frame, and I am looking at either a Knolly Warden or a GG Megatrail...

I see TONS of love for both bikes, has anyone ridden both for a good period of time or can point out differences?

People say the Warden is the most fun bike they have ever ridden, but that it may not be the fastest or the most stable at speed. Can any owner attest to or explain that a bit further?

Also - customer service is critical, breaking a frame sucks and if someone has your back in terms of replacement and turnaround time, that means a lot to me.

Cheers!

I'm with stupid
    my carbon warden has taken me a good while to get used to. It is slowly growing on me. Mainly just different then the bikes I was riding before. Kinda a jack of all trades master of none kind of thing. I test rode a mega trail and did not care for it at all. Cannot put my finger on what I did not like just felt very uncomfortable on it. The warden is more playful than the mega if that is what you are looking for. It is also stable at speed once you learn that you need to squat way lower than you think and ride more of the back the bike and just move up o steer. Think Loic bruni riding position of kinda more sitting on the back wheel behind the seat. It took me a few months to figure out this is where the warden want to be ridden. Centered over the pedals in the middle of the bike makes it feel top heavy and twitchy.