Intense Tracer vs. Giant Trance 2 29er (East Coast)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2019

Intense Tracer vs. Giant Trance 2 29er (East Coast)

I get it, two totally different bikes!

I live in CT, so our trails are tight and have quick uphills and downhills with a lot of roots and rocks. I am looking for a bike that will be great on those trails, but can also go up north and do some bike park trails (Killington, Mt Snow, etc.) every once in a while.

I have test ridden the Giant Trance 2 29er and 27.5 and I really liked those bikes. I tried the Scott Genius 750 with 27.5 x 2.8 tires, and didn't like it as much, since the steering felt vague and slow.

I am a 33 year old getting back into biking. I am hoping to ride a few times a month locally, and would love to do a park day per summer. I like jumps, drops, steep terrain, etc. but we don't have a ton down here in Connecticut.

Should I just get the Giant since I know I like how they feel? Or should I get the 2018 Intense Tracer Expert Build since it has more suspension travel and better components for a few hundred more dollars? I see it is a slacker bike (closer to the Scott Genius), but I don't know how different it will feel since it has the narrower tires (27.5 x 2.3) on it stock.

Thanks, Rob

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Giant Trancer 29er by a mile. Shorter travel 29ers are the best for east coast trails.