Poll: Color

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Help me pick Heckler color!

First time poster. I'm quite literally 50/50 torn on which color to choose on my new Heckler frame. The black with the orange looks sleek but that tropicana blue and yellow stands out so good!

Santa Cruz Bicycles Heckler

Thanks guys!

Wrench
    Blue.

Black is fine and dandy, but Blue.

Do the Blue.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Blue is not for you, OP. Black is the new black. Do it. That's a mean bike. Black is a mean color. The blue is a baby blue. It reminds me of fluffy clouds and diapers. The black reminds me of tough MF'ers who eat dirt and rocks for fun and aren't afraid of a little blood. Once you go black, you'll never go back.

Wrench
    Anything you can rip on black will look 10x more awesome in blue. Just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMentallo View Post
    who eat dirt and rocks for fun and aren't afraid of a little blood. Once you go black, you'll never go back.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Don't do the black; reminds me of that old Specialized BigHit with the weak-a$$ single pivot design. Get the blue.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by FNFAL View Post
    Anything you can rip on black will look 10x more awesome in blue. Just saying.
    If you want to look like a cute little baby while doing it, that's fine with me. I'll have a binky waiting for when you are done with the bottle.

Seriously, the fork and shock are black, the wheels and tires are black, the handlebars and stem and grips are black too. Why not the frame. The blue will clash. If the frame had a matte paint finish option, there wouldn't be a debate at all.

BuckyFullerFan
    Mar 2011
    That blue looks a little too soft like it should be on the Juliana. Go with the Black for sure.

No Stranger to danger....
    That pale blue looks very lame imo, nothings better than black, the black looks damn slick, 1000 times better, but then i might say that as i own 4 black bikes lol.
    But man that black looks slick, youll never get sick of it, its a piece of art.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

Forgot to say, you can put any colour components on the black and it will look slick and blacks never out dated, if clint eastwood rode a mountain bike......it would be black....

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    My 7 year daughter really loves the blue.

Quote Originally Posted by james12345pt View Post
    My 7 year daughter really loves the blue.
    Bwaahahaha, you took the words right outa my mouth, if it was for a 7 year old girl id go with the blue lol...

Im just waiting for a fully fledged attack from the light blue lovers here, but as long as you like it and it makes you ride fast, thats all that counts lol.

Wrench
    You guys are boring.

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAL View Post
    You guys are boring.
    mwahahahaha......

mtbr member
    Is Pinkbike offline?

I am having the same debate, since the Heckler is on my short list of new bikes.

I agree with the stealth all black look is cool, and it will match other components, but there are a lot of black bikes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Both look sweet. Thats a sweet ride for sure. I think if you have the skills to backup the blue color you could pull it off, otherwise i would go for the black. Black is safer, but if you can rip the blue would be sweet.

mtbr member
    That blue is not appealing at all. I love blue bikes in the rite shade like Knolly offer, also with black font, SCs version is not working. I vote black.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Yea. Only a few years into the sport. I don't feel cocky enough that I could justify the blue. Plus, it's a tad bit too "easter" colored, yea?

Quote Originally Posted by Dmtri07 View Post
    Yea. Only a few years into the sport. I don't feel cocky enough that I could justify the blue. Plus, it's a tad bit too "easter" colored, yea?
    Very good choice imo, dont know whether its about being cocky enough to pull off the blue, i dont buy into that at all, the blacks just got some class to it, the blue looks a bit weak to me, its a washy blue that i can picture on kids bikes, it does no justice to the bike, and its a really nice bike, you wont regret getting the black one, its just a sweet lookin ride.

nvphatty
    neither

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Black is like the most common MTB color. Don't follow the herd, lead it. Go Blue.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Doe Boy View Post
    Black is like the most common MTB color. Don't follow the herd, lead it. Go Blue.
    I hear you on that. That's the main reason I wanted to go blue.

mtbr member
    May 2013

Full Disclosure

Both of my bikes are black. I've been looking at Heckler's myself, if that was my next bike I'd be getting it in Blue/ Yellow. Santa Cruz has some great colors other than black.
    2012 GT Karakoram
    2013 Scott Genius 940

mtbr member
    Black is always a favorite for good reason...any other color parts go with it.

Bright/Neon colors are good if you want to be seen or found when you go off the trail.
    It's only an island if you look at it from the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Doe Boy View Post

Its got nothing to do with following the herd, i wouldnt even think for a second what anybody else has, i just wanna pick the sweetest looking ride, ive certainly never asked others what the best colour is, i just decide that for myself, but the op here has put it to the people, who gives a shite about how many are out there, whats the point of picking a bike because its different to what others have, thats as bad as picking it because everybody else has it, your still letting your decision be dictated by what others have.
    Put all that stuff out of your mind and just get the sweetest looking rig imo.

9 lives
    black

That blue is the color of a robin's egg... you want badass... black is sick
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    My friend has both and the blue is far and away the better choice in my opinion.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Too many modern bikes are black and neutral. The blue and yellow is at least more unique.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    black

That blue is the color of a robin's egg... you want badass... black is sick
    Nice call Judy, seems the blue is too girly for the girls, that says it all really.

More Chasmism
    Ordering mine this week. Black. Then again, it'll reside alongside my black Butcher and my black (old) Instigator.

My first (98) Heckler and first 2 Bullits were both polish silver.

mtbr member
    Not a fan of that particular shade of blue but with the right kit it could look good I guess. I'd go black though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Nice call Judy, seems the blue is too girly for the girls, that says it all really.
    LOL - I don't worry about my bike's colour being badass because my riding is badass!
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Going to say go with the blue. But I'm a snowboarder We like em loud!
    Also,the bit of orange on the black bike with yellow lettered tires ruins the look on the black bike. If it were just black with stealth decals it would look a lot better to me.
    UGG boots will germinate Paris Hilton like intellect in your soles!

mtbr member
    I am deciding between a matte black and fluorescent green myself, tough call!

Can we hear from the OP, close to a decision?

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Yea guys I think the meter has gone way over to the blue end. It's really the way I had wanted to go the whole time, I guess I just needed some reassurance that it wasn't too crazy of a choice.

I always go black on everything because it's such a safe color but you need a little variety in your life. Like many have said, black bikes seem to be over saturated at the moment, so it'll be nice to be a little unique.

I'm looking to get the bike ordered and shipped by the end of the week so I'll post some pictures with the end result when it gets here.

Cheers on all the input folks

mtbr member
    possibly the gayest thread ever created

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by elconquistador View Post
    possibly the gayest thread ever created
    Take your homophobic shit somewhere else.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

It's about showing up.
    It's raining so....

Will it go with your clothes and car?

My choice...old bike and new bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help me pick Heckler color!-mbonti967.jpg  

Help me pick Heckler color!-anthem2542.jpg  

I don't rattle.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmtri07 View Post
    Yea guys I think the meter has gone way over to the blue end. It's really the way I had wanted to go the whole time, I guess I just needed some reassurance that it wasn't too crazy of a choice.

I always go black on everything because it's such a safe color but you need a little variety in your life. Like many have said, black bikes seem to be over saturated at the moment, so it'll be nice to be a little unique.

I'm looking to get the bike ordered and shipped by the end of the week so I'll post some pictures with the end result when it gets here.

Cheers on all the input folks
    I think it would look good with an all black build, including a Pike. Trying to add additional color would ruin the look.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    I think it would look good with an all black build, including a Pike. Trying to add additional color would ruin the look.
    Although I like bright bikes I will admit that the murdered out black bikes with Pikes do look pretty slick. If you go black - go all the way!
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    Although I like bright bikes I will admit that the murdered out black bikes with Pikes do look pretty slick. If you go black - go all the way!
    True but even better the bright colored bikes look best with everything but the frame black. If I go with the green Warden EVERYTHING but the frame will be black.

mtbr member
    True but even better the bright colored bikes look best with everything but the frame black. If I go with the green Warden EVERYTHING but the frame will be black.
    I get the bright frame and black parts, but add in some matching rims...that really makes a bike pop.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Take your homophobic shit somewhere else.
    This retard

mtbr member
    This retard
    You have nothing better to do with your life than try and sabotage threads that YOU don't like. You have 9 posts, you wont last. Get lost little prick.

mtbr member
    This retard
    You want to use gay as a pejorative term.....find someplace else douche bag.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    I sincerely hope when I am going to buy another new bike I don't feel it is necessary to ask the forum what color I should get...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help me pick Heckler color!-dsc01440.jpg  

Last edited by time229er; 02-10-2014 at 09:00 AM.
    2014 Nail Trail 29...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by time229er View Post
    I sincerely hope when I am going to buy another new bike I don't feel it is necessary to ask the forum what color I should get...
    I think you should have, colored cables are hideous. Cables look a mess and are supposed to blend and disappear, not stick out like a sore thumb!

mtbr member
    I think the people with negative comments should grow up. Nobody is forcing you to read these type threads let alone post in them. Nothing wrong with asking for opinions, especially when it comes to dropping some good coin and you are on the fence.

mtbr member
    I think you should have, colored cables are hideous. Cables look a mess and are supposed to blend and disappear, not stick out like a sore thumb!
    thanks...
    2014 Nail Trail 29...

mtbr member

great idea...

I think the people with negative comments should grow up. Nobody is forcing you to read these type threads let alone post in them. Nothing wrong with asking for opinions, especially when it comes to dropping some good coin and you are on the fence.
    & maybe you need to get a mirror there dude

all Jagwire Mountain Pro...shifters and brake hose...and contrary to a prior post, the cables and hoses are routed by-the-book...Jagwires book, and red was my obvious choice then and would be today...beauty is in the eye of the beholder thanks for your opinion though
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help me pick Heckler color!-dsc01524.jpg  

Help me pick Heckler color!-dsc01485.jpg  

Help me pick Heckler color!-dsc01461.jpg  

Last edited by time229er; 02-10-2014 at 09:52 AM.
    2014 Nail Trail 29...

mtbr member
    Black cause you wanna be a ninja!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by time229er View Post
    & you need to get a mirror there dude
    Cool Nail Trail, bro.
    Maybe you should have asked for someone's opinion before you went to the trouble of replacing your cable housing and hydro hose with the red...

mtbr member
    @Time229er, I don't care if routing is good and Jag cables are used, colored cables are horrible looking as they really distract away from the look of a bike.

You come here and make comments like this to the OP, "I sincerely hope when I am going to buy another new bike I don't feel it is necessary to ask the forum what color I should get..." and then try to derail the thread with your colored cable fetish!?

Back to topic...

You want to use gay as a pejorative term.....find someplace else douche bag.
    People are getting way to sensitive about the word gay these days, in this instance it was used with no malice, now im waiting for somebody to pipe up and claim the threads racist because we are talking about a black bike lol.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    This gay racist thread is out of controll im calling the police

AZ
    banned
    Burnt Orange.

mtbr member
    you are right...I apologize to you and the OP
    2014 Nail Trail 29...

It's about showing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    People are getting way to sensitive about the word gay these days, in this instance it was used with no malice, now im waiting for somebody to pipe up and claim the threads racist because we are talking about a black bike lol.
    I disagree. It was used as a flat-out negative sneer and that is unacceptable and uncalled for.

He cold have just said it was lame but he crossed the line.
    I don't rattle.

mtbr member

wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Berkeley Mike View Post
    I disagree. It was used as a flat-out negative sneer and that is unacceptable and uncalled for.

He cold have just said it was lame but he crossed the line.
    not sure how I dodged that dittty, but alrighty then...and just a clip for socalMX...

okay, I AM done now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help me pick Heckler color!-dsc01687.jpg  

Help me pick Heckler color!-dsc01695.jpg  

Help me pick Heckler color!-dsc01698.jpg  

Help me pick Heckler color!-dsc01690.jpg  

2014 Nail Trail 29...

mtbr member
    We have an attention whore that likes to derail threads...

TOPIC!

mtbr member
    We have an attention whore that likes to derail threads...

TOPIC!
    I really am done with this...but
    2014 Nail Trail 29...

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Black

mtbr member
    I say go with blue, black is just boring and most everyone has a black bike, and this is coming from someone who owns a black Tallboy LTc.

Obviously you have to go with what you like the best.
    2017 Pivot Mach 5.5
    2017 SC Hightower CC
    2017 SC Tallboy 3 CC
    2013 Jackal

mtbr member
    pejorative or not, you gotta admit this thread is pretty gay

mtbr member
    ^^^HOMOPHOBE (WITH NO LIFE) ALERT^^^

@ the O.P, have you made a decision yet? Hopefully you have got the feedback you were looking for!

One good point about if you choose the blue one, you will be able to ride it in your local Mardi Gras, we have ours in Sydney soon which will be fantastic, its a great event, loads of sky blue bikes in it...

mtbr member
    ^^^HOMOPHOBE (WITH NO LIFE) ALERT^^^

hey! take it back!

i once let a gay waiter grab my sack in exchange for him covering my shift that night.
    i also dont care when nfl players smack each others asses when there are perfectly good shoulders a few feet above.