mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Help Me Pick a 650B Front Tire and Tube

Just ordered a Stans 355 wheel for the front of my Prophet. I will not be running tubeless or sealant. I am not a mountain biker. I use the Prophet for commuting and recreation, going off road whenever I please. I've noticed the road/randonneuring/comfort crowd uses fairly heavy tires. I'd like to keep the weight below 600g. So far the leading contenders are the Quasi-Moto and the Fatty Rumpkin. As far as tubes are concerned, I've seen 650b tubes but they're all for use under 42mm. I know a lot of people are using 26" tubes and was wondering what some light weight options were. While I'm not obsessed with weight, I prefer light weight components to heavy stuff as long as it gets the job done and is not stupid priced. Thanks in advance for any advice.

www.derbyrims.com
    Quasi and a regular weight 1.75 to 2.1 (~150 grm) 26 inch tube. I'd be afraid of short life using an undersized tube or ultra-light 100 gram tube that will be stretched a little more than normally used in a 650b tire, but go ahead if you think you can feel the weight difference.

mtbr member
    If you using for commuter purpose, you can try the Fatty Rumpkin or Col de la Vie.

Also Rivendell is selling 650B inner tubes.
    When it's time to go, is time to go.
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing

Members who have read this thread: 0