mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Has anyone tried a 650B on the new Santa Cruz Blur xc Carbon?

Has anyone tried a 650B on the new Santa Cruz Blur xc Carbon?

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    anyone?

mtbr member
    there was a rumor that a BLT2 or the BLTC will fit but nobody was willing to post a pic. i am doubtful. haven't heard anything at all on the XC though.

if you could size one up onto a frame and post your result in the 650b frame thread, that would be most helpful though

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Yes, the fit is confirmed as quite good.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=485448

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by salimoneus
    there was a rumor that a BLT2 or the BLTC will fit but nobody was willing to post a pic. i am doubtful. haven't heard anything at all on the XC though.
    Been riding my LT2 650B'd for over a year and love it. Thinking about getting a xc and running it with these wheels
    LT2 650'd
    2010 SC Blur XCc

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Updates on Santa Cruz Blur XC carbon 650b conversion?

Anybody have updated info on converting 09' Santa Cruz Blur XC Carbon to 650b use? I recall the tire clearance is good w/ Quasi Moto, but wonder about, say newer tires, specifically the Schwalbe Racing Ralph. Also, does the shock have to be shimmed to prevent tire rub w/seat tube or F. derailleur cable?

mtbr member
    love mine. I've been riding it for awhile again with the 26's and just don't think it's as fast or as stable and definitely not as forgiving.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Has anyone tried a 650B on the new Santa Cruz Blur xc Carbon?-blurxc650.jpg  

2010 SC Blur XCc

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Thinkin seriously about 650Bing my Blur XCc with Quasis on Crest rims.

Quote Originally Posted by Purs View Post
    I've been riding it for awhile again with the 26's and just don't think it's as fast or as stable and definitely not as forgiving.
    Question to Purs: why did you switch back to the 26ers? Just to see how it compared? Or do you like some things better about 26? Also, to clarify, which one do you mean is more stable, forgiving, and fast?

Other than minor rubbing at full bottom, has anyone had a real problem with the 650B setup? (e.g. mud clearance being a constant nuisance, or getting sticks, leaves, junk stuck in the fork brake booster, etc..)

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    here is my love Blur xcc 650b 8,8 kg
    and here total description SCrUZ 27,5
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Has anyone tried a 650B on the new Santa Cruz Blur xc Carbon?-p1030143.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by aspide125 View Post
    here is my love Blur xcc 650b 8,8 kg
    WOW that is light! My 26er Blur XCc with 1x9 drivetrain is 10.4 kg. What am I missing???

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbalegend View Post
    WOW that is light! My 26er Blur XCc with 1x9 drivetrain is 10.4 kg. What am I missing???
    perhaps:Crankset Extralite E-Bones 560gr,Brake Formula R1 C 580gr,Pedals CB EB 4ti 190gr,Fork DT Swiss 100 xrc ts 1160gr,saddle CHT CUSTOM r69 69gr,wheelset Crest+AM 1404gr....and still some more things?

derp
    That clearance on the fork looks tight as hell ... :O

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I had a Blur XC Carbon size small. I could get a 650b in the rear with a Quasi Moto BUT I had to deflate and inflate the tire to get the wheel on and off the frame. The tire would hit the lower linkage. I ended up selling it and buying a Jamis Nemesis. I don't miss the blur..

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Here is my 2012 SC Blur Xcc.
    I run 2.25 Schwalbe Racing Ralphs, previously ran 2.1 Kenda Nevegals. Never had any negetive effects from running 650b on this bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Has anyone tried a 650B on the new Santa Cruz Blur xc Carbon?-scblur-1.jpg  

Has anyone tried a 650B on the new Santa Cruz Blur xc Carbon?-scblur_tree.jpg  

Has anyone tried a 650B on the new Santa Cruz Blur xc Carbon?-scblur_tree-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by aspide125 View Post
    perhaps:Crankset Extralite E-Bones 560gr,Brake Formula R1 C 580gr,Pedals CB EB 4ti 190gr,Fork DT Swiss 100 xrc ts 1160gr,saddle CHT CUSTOM r69 69gr,wheelset Crest+AM 1404gr....and still some more things?
    thank you!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kcmtnbiker View Post
    I had a Blur XC Carbon size small. I could get a 650b in the rear with a Quasi Moto BUT I had to deflate and inflate the tire to get the wheel on and off the frame. The tire would hit the lower linkage. I ended up selling it and buying a Jamis Nemesis. I don't miss the blur..
    kcmtnbiker:

(1) What width Quasi-moto were you using?
    (2) Out of curiosity, why don't you miss the Blur?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    kcmtnbiker:

(1) What width Quasi-moto were you using?
    (2) Out of curiosity, why don't you miss the Blur?
    was running the 2.0 Quasi, which compared to the 2.25 Racing Ralph measures out pretty closely. I wanted to get a bike with more clearance and the Blur with 650b had no clearance for mud. I don't miss it because the Nemesis rides very well and has tons of clearance

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kcmtnbiker View Post
    ...the Blur with 650b had no clearance for mud.
    What ill effects were suffered due to the lack of mud clearance? Was your rear wheel getting stuck?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I don't know why my Blur would be any different than yours, unless its newer, but with running the 2.25 rr, I have plenty of clearence.

mtbr member
    What ill effects were suffered due to the lack of mud clearance? Was your rear wheel getting stuck?
    A few things off the top of my head: increased drag due to the rear essentially becoming a mud scraper; mud build-up on the frame and parts (additional weight); rocks and other objects being picked up with the mud slamming into carbon tubes. All bad things.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Jeff View Post
    I don't know why my Blur would be any different than yours, unless its newer, but with running the 2.25 rr, I have plenty of clearence.
    What size do you have? His is small, maybe that's why.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I was thinking the same thing, mine is a large, just wouldn't think that the rear triangle would be much different. I'm running American Classic 650bxc wheels, maybe his wheels have the tires running a different profile than mine.

mtbr member
    Very cool! I was thinking about trying 650's on my new Blur XCc for the Leadville 50 this year.

Members who have read this thread: 1