Haro VL120 650b- Mtbr.com

Thread: Haro VL120 650b

Haro Product Manager

Haro VL120 650b

I thought everyone would like to get a sneek peak at this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5

Nice!

When can I get one?

Is this a purpose built 650B prototype? I'll be patiently waiting for an in depth ride report.

I am hearing some very good things from race teams about the X-Fusion forks. How are they working for you?

mtbr member
    Is X-Fusion sort of a spin off company from folks who used to work at Fox?

Derailleurless
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG
    Is X-Fusion sort of a spin off company from folks who used to work at Fox?
    They told me at Sea Otter that they have been working as an OE manufacturer for the suspension brand names we all know, including Fox and Rock Shox, and have recently re-launched an effort to market their own name and product line.

You might recall their unsuccessful attempt maybe 5 years back, with a bunch of featureless rear shocks.

I asked at the time if X-Fusion is a Taiwanese-based company with a US marketing branch, or a US-based design/marketing company with off-shore production. My recollection is the former, and though I can't recall their answer with certainty, this line from the the A-Pro website seems to confirm:

http://www.apro-tek.com/fitneess/index.htm

1998 A-PRO Taiwan moved to the Youth Industrial Zone in Taichia. A new painting facility with liquid & powder clear coating were available. x-fusion-shox was established as a new brand of shock absorber A-PRO Q-TEE brand of Electric bike was established, and proengineer software was purchased and put into use for the R&D division .

I wouldn't be surprised if there are some industry vets heading up the US side. Anybody can manufacturer a shock in Taiwan. Effectively marketing it and building brand recognition takes knowing people, and it seems X-Fusion has that important aspect figured out this time around.

Seen their new through axle? Awsome!
    speedub.nate
    MTBR Hiatus UFN

Haro Product Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Pacenti
    When can I get one?

Is this a purpose built 650B prototype? I'll be patiently waiting for an in depth ride report.

I am hearing some very good things from race teams about the X-Fusion forks. How are they working for you?
    This is a stock front triangle with a special swingarm.

No ride at the moment it is pouring here and all the trails are glouppy!

This is actually the first Velvet i have recieved it feels great in the push test
    It has a very broad useable range for damping, it's light and has an awesome Nitrate looking finish steer tube (a small detail but makes it look top notch) I know the Kenda race team used this fork all year long with no issues, so I am looking forward to a great first ride.

mtbr member
    See what happens when I'm out sick for a day? Product Managers go wild and start building Frankenbikes! LOL

We're going to put one of these swingarms and forks on my Sonix bikes and mount 650B wheels to it...we'll ride 'em and give y'all the full report.

mtbr member
    Sweet - keep us posted Jill - and check your PMs!

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedub.Nate
    They told me at Sea Otter that they have been working as an OE manufacturer for the suspension brand names we all know, including Fox and Rock Shox
    Don't forget Specialized....

NedwannaB

Couple Q's

Quote Originally Posted by PatSS
    I thought everyone would like to get a sneek peak at this.
    Is this the LT frame version, or combination of the 2 models with a 650 specific swingarm? I have caught this 650 wheel bug but had also been eyeing this bike.

Will a 650 fit on the LT??

Thx in advance.

Haro Product Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47
    Will a 650 fit on the LT??

It does fit on the LT swingarm, But it will raise your BB which will affect performance. The fi on the LT swingarm is very close i would not reccomend it for muddy conditions.

NedwannaB

Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by PatSS
    It does fit on the LT swingarm, But it will raise your BB which will affect performance. The fi on the LT swingarm is very close i would not reccomend it for muddy conditions.
    Sorry, been offline for abit. Is the swingarm in R&D right now, or even going to be produced?

nothing relevant to say
    A dedicated 650B Sonix is on the drawing board, but no 'retro-fit kit' for current Sonix platforms.

Members who have read this thread: 0