Gravity Deadeye 27.5+!! bikesdirect.- Mtbr.com
    just dont.
    May 2020

Gravity Deadeye 27.5+!! bikesdirect.

I got my deadeye 27 this morning ,ordered it 25th Of May ,but they didnt start shipping it till middle of june ,Pre order thing. So lets see if it will hold up , i think it will, especially im a newbie ,i dont do jumps etc lol. the pedals must go , im looking at entity pp15 , under 30$ not bad i guess. Will upload pic soon!
    Edit: it is a 17.5" frame , the 15.5" frMe has the bosses under the frame near the bb ,
    Last edited by danpet; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:37 AM.

just dont.
    May 2020

heres the pic as promised!

This is my first time having a + bike, and it feels fun ,feels like im really tall, like im riding a big bicycle and i like it,it feels like i can roll any obstacle whatever, the rear wheel needs little truing, but idk how to true a wheel ,so i need to bring it to a lbs. for 375 including tax, im happy! last time i bought a brand new bike i was 8, now im 23. trying to save money to buy the meta ht next year or the motobecane gravel x3 for long road/gravel riding.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gravity Deadeye 27.5+!! bikesdirect.-1.jpg  

Gravity Deadeye 27.5+!! bikesdirect.-2.jpg  

Gravity Deadeye 27.5+!! bikesdirect.-3.jpg  

Gravity Deadeye 27.5+!! bikesdirect.-4.jpg  

just dont.
    May 2020
    i want to order the deadeye 29 ,but the wheels look too far back towards the end of the dropout so i dont like that ,but im so happy with my purchase ,went for 4miles urban riding and the 32/18t did really well on those little hills we have here in idaho. man i love the sound of the rolling tires

mtbr member
    Sharp-looking bike. Black would have been my color choice. Does the bike seem heavy, or light? What do you think it weighs? Just curious

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

just dont.
    May 2020
    it says on the box 39lbs ,but i tried it on my ol bathroom scale and it looks like somehere 30lbs , and no! its not heavy for ME , i have to carry it for like a minute cause i keep it inside the house and it didnt feel heavy for me though , but im a heavy guy so. also i tried it yesterday feels so light ,oh boy im flying up hill(urban riding) ,if im using my old 26 with 7 speed usually 38/18/20 what im using and i feel like im about to give up halfway.but im new to this kind of stuff, used to ride a fixie but thats way back in the Philippines.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by danpet View Post
    it says on the box 39lbs ,but i tried it on my ol bathroom scale and it looks like somehere 30lbs , and no! its not heavy for ME , i have to carry it for like a minute cause i keep it inside the house and it didnt feel heavy for me though , but im a heavy guy so. also i tried it yesterday feels so light ,oh boy im flying up hill(urban riding) ,if im using my old 26 with 7 speed usually 38/18/20 what im using and i feel like im about to give up halfway.but im new to this kind of stuff, used to ride a fixie but thats way back in the Philippines.
    Awesome. A 30-pound bike to me would be nothing. I'm used to a 38 lb bike, and that feels light to me. This makes me want to buy this bike.

just dont.
    May 2020
    also it says on the paper its novela disc breaks ,but i got an aries instead ,not a big deal ,theres also rubbing on the disc brake when going fast , i read somewhere in the gravity g29ss forum that they changed theirs to bb7 ,so i guess the disc brakes really have to go someday lol

mtbr member
    Any chance you getting this bike out onto some singletrack trails soon?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

just dont.
    May 2020
    I took it for 16 mile ride, Gravel/Pavement/Packed dirt and its all good, i still have the humming rubbing sound of a disc brake on the rear when going fast or descent,also i have a tight spot on the chain, im guessing it needs adjusting. as for single track ,i am not sure cause the nearest single track here is like 20mile drive , and i still dont have the time to do that lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gravity Deadeye 27.5+!! bikesdirect.-.jpg  

Gravity Deadeye 27.5+!! bikesdirect.-b.jpg  

Gravity Deadeye 27.5+!! bikesdirect.-c.jpg  

Gravity Deadeye 27.5+!! bikesdirect.-d.jpg  

Gravity Deadeye 27.5+!! bikesdirect.-e.jpg  

mtbr member
    Is the Gravity sticker under or over the clear coat? I would like to take the sticker off when I get it.

just dont.
    May 2020
    Maxd - it is under the clear coat ,so if you want a quick fix to remove/cover it ,im thinking of spraying it flat black , i might do that soon ,it will void the warranty im pretty sure but its not like im gonna send it back ,my rear wheel has a rubbing sound that i thought its from rotor but i think its the freehub ,maybe it just need grease ,but i dont have the tools yet to remove it, not worth to ask for warranty ,,since day 1 i have that sound.