Giant Stance 27.5 2- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2014

Giant Stance 27.5 2

I've decided to go with a fs bike and i've chosen the Giant Stance. I couldn't go passed its value ($1599 AUD). Do you think I made a good decision? Thoughts please!
    Giant Stance 27.5 2-stance-27-5-2-black-cyan.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I like the color. I just got a 2014 trance. also have a xtc1 2015

Lone Wolf

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by to4tb View Post
    Do you think I made a good decision? Thoughts please!
    Let's see,,

You chose a top shelf brand name that's well known,,
    I will assume your new to this sport so once again your wise chose was a full featured Full suspension entry level bike,,

As for making a good decision, only time will tell..
    Now It all depends on how dedicated you become to riding it !

Or will you spend your time sitting in front of the PC drooling over upgrades that you don't need..
    Of course things you will need will come as your skills grow.
    IMO they rank like this,

1st:
    Good pedals and shoes, clip or clip less is a matter of taste.
    I'm back on flat pedals and happy...

2nd:
    A good Hydration back pack equipped with the things you need to fuel yourself during the ride and to make trail side repairs, a small first aid kit is wise..
    In the summer when people ask how far I plan to ride I tell them, "Oh About 100 ounces plus the bottle in the cage"
    I have the VOLT:
    Tested: Camelbak Volt LR Hydration Pack « Mountain Flyer Magazine
    This pack carries It's large heavy water bag down low and that Is a biggie !

3rd:
    Helmet AND good gloves, then,,
    You need to commit to this, It gets better as you go farther down the rabbit hole :P

That's about It, now go for a ride.....

Attachment 947205Attachment 947204

Yeah I ride hard, the bottom picture, forget the dirt,,,,
    That's Puke juice on the frame above the shock :P
    “I seek only the Flow”,
    Climbing Is Supposed To Be Hard,
    Shut Up Legs :P

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by to4tb View Post
    I've decided to go with a fs bike and i've chosen the Giant Stance. I couldn't go passed its value ($1599 AUD). Do you think I made a good decision? Thoughts please!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stance-27-5-2-Black-Cyan.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	947147
    Good choice. Seems like a decent entry level. The only neg comments I've seen are usually are from people saying it's better to go up to the same level Trance model to get the Maestro suspension instead of Flex. If you haven't purchased yet check out what's being said in the Giant forum.
    Ripley V1 XC/Gravel Adventure rig
    Marin Hawk Hill 2.5

Lone Wolf
    Oh and My Scott was a year end closeout also $1500, I saved $400

I have no complaints.
    “I seek only the Flow”,
    Climbing Is Supposed To Be Hard,
    Shut Up Legs :P

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    That is an awesome bike, even at twice its price! mtbr picked it as one of their favorites at Euro Bike this year!

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Looks good, but definitely consider the Trance 3 as another option... Maestro suspension design is a lot better apparently.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I've ridden both the trance and the stance, and I like both for different reasons. The Stance wins because it is easy[er] to maintain, whereas the Trance has, hands down, a better suspension design.

Is is game breaking? No, but if you rode both bikes back to back, you'd notice the difference.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by zadamxtr View Post
    Looks good, but definitely consider the Trance 3 as another option... Maestro suspension design is a lot better apparently.
    I'm not sure that the Trance 3 is available here in Australia as it's not on the Giant website (I may be wrong though).

I just bought a Stance 2 as well. Great looking bike and everyone seems to think it's great value. I started off with a budget of under 1k and found myself liking this bike a fair bit so went for it. First place I went to wouldn't budge from $1600 AUD but found another store that would do it for $1400 AUD. So got it ordered in and just got a call now saying it's been delivered and they're putting it together right now

First time riding since my school days (only 5 years ago :P), and my first 'proper' mountain bike. Hopefully I enjoy riding as much as I think I will.

Only thing that bugs me about this bike is that the cabling doesn't go inside the frame which would just have been a really nice touch, but oh well.

mtbr member
    I've been looking at buying a FS Giant bike from my LBS. I like the Maestro suspension... so I'm not considering the Stance. I would rather spend a little more and get a Trance or an Anthem, which have the Maestro suspension.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Wife and I both own stances. We have been really happy with them. We got her a stance 2.0 for her birthday. While setting it up for her at home I started liking the fit and feel of the bike myself, so my wife surprised me and took me to the LBS to get me the stance 1.0. The bike fits me perfectly, and i like it better than the Trek Fuel Ex 7 that I was riding out in sedona. It just feels more lively and it climbs really well. I have had mine since September, and the only changes I have made to it so far are upgrading the brakes to XT, as I had a full set already. I have a dropper post and new wheels on the way, as i did feel the engagement of the rear hub felt a little wider than I would prefer. If you already bought your Stance, I think you will be quite happy with it. It really is a great value, and performs above the price paid.