Ghost Kato FS 3 ????- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Ghost Kato FS 3 ????

so,i just got back into riding after about 18 years.A few months ago i picked up a new 27.5 Giant Talon 4 hard tail (love it) But want to get into a full suspension for under 2 grand.

So ?? is does anyone have any thoughts or feedback on the REI's Ghost Kato fs3 for $1,700.00 ?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    for $1700, it seems a well set bike (even more now with the memorial day sale bringing that price down. The only unknown for me is the fork (RST First), but it seems to get pretty good marks when reviewed overseas, where it has been used for quite some time. REVIEW HERE

Under $2K, I think this bike is a fine option

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I'm in the same spot as the OP, except I bought the Kato FS 3 about three weeks ago. Probably about 15 hours of riding so far and it's been great.

I don't have much else to compare it to because every other bike I've ever owned has been crap and I've never owned a bike with shocks before. Haha.

But so far so good. Very happy with my purchase.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I test road the kato fs 3 just around the parking lot. Jump up and down a few times on the curbs. Seemed really good.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Monterey Giant View Post
    so,i just got back into riding after about 18 years.A few months ago i picked up a new 27.5 Giant Talon 4 hard tail (love it) But want to get into a full suspension for under 2 grand.

So ?? is does anyone have any thoughts or feedback on the REI's Ghost Kato fs3 for $1,700.00 ?
    Do you have a local REI? With a bike shop within the store, their customer service should be good, so another plus for getting a bike through them.
    As an REI member, you'll also get a generous rebate, so ++. If you have the REI credit card (now a MasterCard), you'll get more rebate so +++!
    The best defense against bullsh*t is vigilance. If you smell something, say something.
    Jon Stewart

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I purchased the Ghost Kato FS 3 from REI back when they had their Memorial Day sale. I think after tax, I ended up paying a little over $1500.00 for it. Unfortunately I was told my purchase would not qualify for the end of year rebate, but oh well. Anyway about the bike. I had some concerns about it not having a through axle, but I do not notice any flex in the wheels because of this. However I have not ridden a bike with through axles so I do not have anything to compare it to. I have ridden the bike several times and I love it. The bike is very enjoyable to ride and going from a 26" to a 27.5" has increased my speed on the trails, up and down hills. The only problem that I have is that the lockout lever on the rear shock quit working after two or three rides. This doesn't really matter to me because I never need to use it anyway. I did contact REI about it and they said to bring it in and they would either fix it or replace it. The only problem is, I live 80 miles away from the store.

Overall I would recommend this bike. For the price it is hard to beat.

Super Moderator SuperModerator
    130mm air fork.

GHOST BIKES:*Kato FS 3