mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Evil Insurgent vs '14-'16 Intense T275c?

I have a T275c and am thinking about swapping to an Insurgent. I ride typical PNW stuff. Anyone have time on both frames? If so I would like to hear your thoughts comparing the Insurgent to the Tracer.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I just replaced my 2015 Tracer T275A with an Insurgent. I did a parts swap off my pro build. I have 6 rides on it, I am beyond impressed. Personally, I think the Insurgent is better at everything. I have a medium frame, the extra length in the top tube makes me feel much more centered on the bike, gives me more space to lean and weight the front wheel on really steep climbs. My front wheel never wanders on steeps that would have the tracer coming off the ground. Suspension feels plan
    ted, and much more stable descending. On the short time i've had the insurgent, I find I am clearing technical climbs that I couldn't clear on my tracer, and descend through the chunk with much more confidence as well. I absolutely love the Evil Insurgent

beer is good
    OP was asking about the T275c which, I think, has a different geo than the alloy version. The carbon version is very close to the Evil's geo. Sorry, not much help, just clearing things up.
    Steve
    "looking California, feeling Minnesota"

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Nels View Post
    OP was asking about the T275c which, I think, has a different geo than the alloy version. The carbon version is very close to the Evil's geo. Sorry, not much help, just clearing things up.
    Unfortunately Nels, ur wrong. Geometries are the same in the 2015' and 16 Aluminum and Carbon Tracers. Intense didnt lengthen the Top tube until 2017.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    @BigJZ74 thanks for your feedback. I had a 275A before got the 275c. The Insurgent is now at the top of my list.

ZEN RIDER!
    Insurgent is getting a More Better update. Boost, bottle cage, rear triangle for larger tire and metric shock option. No info on the front triangle as far as changed geo, but really doesn't need any. Evil was so far ahead of the longer slacker thing. I'm getting a Calling in a month or 2. Figure it can handle 90% of my riding, including bike park. Just can't ride the chunky DH stuff at speed, I'll save that for my old Firebird.
    Life in every breath

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    I just bought a 2018 Evil Insurgent. It's getting built right now at wrenchscience.com

So stoked!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Awesome congratulations bro!

Hisforever
    Mudbike should be pretty happy on the insurgent, I've had both and prefer the insurgent chassis, easier to find the sweet spot with your shock setup imo.

Insurgent is a better downhill rambler

actually really like this bike even though I've decided to sell mine already had two of them so its time to move on
    Jesus Saves