Thread: DISS Fork?

veinte nueve pulgadas

DISS Fork?

Anyone try a 29er wheel in a DISS fork? I think there's enough axle-crown, just don't know about lateral clearance.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nzumbi
    Anyone try a 29er wheel in a DISS fork? I think there's enough axle-crown, just don't know about lateral clearance.
    Schmucker noted on my "GUSS 96er" thread that "I found that my stock rigid Bianchi fork will clear a Rampage on a Flow rim... but it's TIGHT. It's more limited width wise."
    What is the axle to crown length of your fork? (caveat: I am a noob when it comes to these 9er conversion, but am willing to help...)

veinte nueve pulgadas
    [QUOTE=What is the axle to crown length of your fork? (caveat: I am a noob when it comes to these 9er conversion, but am willing to help...)[/QUOTE]

I don't actually have the fork yet. I have a guy willing to sell me one for $25+ship. He says it is about 413mm. I'm probably just best off buying a 1x1 fork, since we know it works. Crappy part is that I have one (1x1 fork), but w/out a disc mount.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    For $25 I say go for it. It has the same axle to crown length as a 1X1 (although I imagine the 1x1 has more clearance for wider tires....).
    Let us know what you decide and how it works out. I currently have a Karate Monkey fork on my GUSS and am looking to try something shorter A-to-C.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Yeah, it'll fit as long as it is dimensionally the same as my MUSS fork. It fits like a non-suspension corrected 29er fork, but the tire clearance isn't there. A narrower tire or one with less aggressive side knobs would be perfect. As it was stated, I put my Rampage on my Flow rim and it was very tight. Make sure you true the tabs to make sure the wheel is perfectly centered. I put a 2.35 Schwalbe Big Apple on my Flow and tried that. That was a very nice fit. So anything with a tread width of about 55mm or less will be a nice fit. Use Shiggy's site for reference. http://www.mtbtires.com/specs/700.html

You may find that if you use a narrower rim some of the wider tires will fit fine. The Flow is 28mm and according to Stan's increases tire volume by 4% and Shiggy does his measurements on a Velocity Dyad (24mm).

Members who have read this thread: 0