Ride da mOOn Moderator

Davis Carver please don't view this post

Well:

I think this confirms my idiotcy, if that's a word! When you have Lemons make Lemonade? Lemonlime aid? First Aid?

The big Redline26/Redline29 experment. As you can see it looks like too much time to play and what a handful it is. I really don't see any purpose to furthering the plan! Of course a fork with a lower Q factor would help a bit, I could always use lower or flat bars turn the stem over and remove spacers.

Idoitcy confirmed, sense of humor still intact! It does go downhill really well!

If anyone needs me I will be out where I belong.......grooming trails

LC
    Attached Images Attached Images

MaineMud
    Oct 2004

Sorry...couldn't resist.

When he was 6 or 7, my son had a book with a page that said "don't look on the next page whatever you do!!" It was the most dogeared page in the book......

Anyway, nothing ventured, nothing gained. If you ever go disc, I'll mail you a used 26" Surly fork I have kicking around....

Best,

Davis

Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA
    Well:

I think this confirms my idiotcy, if that's a word! When you have Lemons make Lemonade? Lemonlime aid? First Aid?

The big Redline26/Redline29 experment. As you can see it looks like too much time to play and what a handful it is. I really don't see any purpose to furthering the plan! Of course a fork with a lower Q factor would help a bit, I could always use lower or flat bars turn the stem over and remove spacers.

Idoitcy confirmed, sense of humor still intact! It does go downhill really well!

If anyone needs me I will be out where I belong.......grooming trails

LC

banned
    Hey, where are the shocks and disc brakes???

mtbr member
    That thing must have wheel flop. Take Davis up on his offer for that Surly fork!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Davis:

I accept..... Thanks! it was fun being a kid and not knowing if your bike handled or not. It was about being cool..... ahh to go back........dreaming........

MMcG:

Yes it does flop! Funny thing is with a lower q-factor fork it might be ridable!..oh no here we go another project!

Jerk_Chicken:

The shocks are the Super, Secret, Fantastic, Mega, Turbo, Extreme, Lock out units... and the brakes are internal. Hey have you ridden Prompton Dam SP lately?

LC

banned
    We're looking to come up soon. What's going on with the parking and construction situation out there?

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Jerk_Chicken:

Here's the Hubbard forum http://www.hubbardbicycleclub.com/phpBB2/index.php?sid=7f9a9294d537e1377903d85c3a2b59a1

Lot's of these guys ride at Prompton. I haven't been there since we last talked months ago. Then the dam was close to being finished. Trails are wet there now though!

Let me know if the link works

LC

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    The fork does not affect the Q factor of your bike. The bottom bracket, cranks, and pedals do. I believe you want a shorter A-C (Axle to Crown).

Members who have read this thread: 0