Cube Analog 27.5- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2017

Cube Analog 27.5

I can't remember the last time I posted here, it was surely years ago! I'm just a casual rider who takes my kids (and wife when she'll agree to it) on some local beginner singletrack and occasionally some mountain carriage type trails. Sometimes the trails will be a mix a both...you know how it goes.

It was time to shop for a proper bike for my son's13th birthday. He'd been riding a kids Specialized 24'.We looked at bikes on Chain Reaction Cycles and he really like this Cube. Never heard of them but the specs looked decent, and I really liked the listed weight considering the price range (It weights 30.2 lbs on my scale). Anyway I know I took a huge risk ordering online, my wife was ready to kill me, but we're really satisfied with this bike. It's lighter than most entry level bikes, has a SX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain, and the frame is really nice. The 16.25 is a good fit for him with some room to "grow" into. The disc brakes don't stop on a dime like on my RH Expert but they are okay. Also the headset seemed setup for more commuter style riding with both spacers below the stem. I moved one on top and dropped it a bit. Does anyone know how I could drop this even further needed? Anyway, it's a very good looking bike, I'm sure my son was factoring that in as his friends are all bringing around these fancy looking wheelie bikes.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cube Analog 27.5-img_20191009_075337.jpg  

Cube Analog 27.5-img_20191009_075002.jpg  

Last edited by Mantaray14; 6 Days Ago at 04:42 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    You can get an angled stem and flip it over to drop the bars more. You could also get some flat bars. I wouldn't worry about upgrading this bike and just let him ride it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    I wasn't planning on upgrading anything. I would like to slam the stem and cut the steerer to get it lower so he will be able to handle some of the tougher singletrak rides we visit. I really should have posted this in "General Discussion" section but I haven't visited the site in a while and didn't see that section when I posted this on my lunch break...

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    So, get an angled stem and flip it so it lowers the bars.