China Carbon AM Duallies - Page 4- Mtbr.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Hi, I bought them by number. A mail order bike shop had 12 in stock, so I left them with 4.

Joel

Quote Originally Posted by vwsurfbum View Post
    Did they do a kit Joel or did you order by number?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Coolio.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Got the new bearings in and bike back together. I made a bearing press using one of the old bearings. I ground down the inner race so that the outer races would be in contact. Even with the DIY press, bearings did not want to go in straight. I found it was better to tap them in with my plastic hammer then set them with the press. Now I just need the ice to go away so I can ride.

Joel

China Carbon AM Duallies-bike1.jpg

China Carbon AM Duallies-bike2.jpg

mtbr member
    I got my Imust S7 frame the other day. With the Rockshx Monarch XX rear shock.

China Carbon AM Duallies-img_20161231_122446.jpg

mtbr member
    I got my Imust S7 27.5er frame with the Rockshox Monarch XX Rear Shock.

China Carbon AM Duallies-img_20161231_122446.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Nice

mtbr member
    Also, I had a Rockshox Revelation RCT3 DP Air 150mm tapered 27.5 fork delivered on Friday.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Make sure you post your build.

Quote Originally Posted by alucke View Post
    Also, I had a Rockshox Revelation RCT3 DP Air 150mm tapered 27.5 fork delivered on Friday.

mtbr member
    I will, now waiting on the components.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    was out riding mine again today, discovered a bit of a flaw, rear tyre clearance! always rolled with a 2.35 Hans Dampf on the back, but under hard cornering it is rubbing the frame, also it caught the chain at one point and pulled it into the frame!

so looks like I will have to downsize to a 2.25 tyre

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Yeah tyre clearance is an issue, I've changed my rear tyre to a 2.25.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    otherwise, it rides really great, my pivot bolts seem to be staying put (I was liberal with the loctite)

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    When I bought my frame, ICAN told me not to use over 2.3" in the back. I have used a Minion DHRII and a HighRoller II in the back both 2.3", have not had a rubbing issue ( other than debris getting pulled around ). I suppose wheels and frame are the two big players.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Yeah I have 35mm rims and that makes the tyres stick out that little bit more.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016

27.5ER AM FM336 and 29er FM356

Tantan company FM336 27.5ER and FM356 29ER very best price .
    China Carbon AM Duallies-img_9845.jpg
    China Carbon AM Duallies-img_7376.jpg
    aliexpress: https://seraph.aliexpress.com/store/1923199
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Last edited by lisacycle; 01-10-2017 at 04:32 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    ..website not working...
    ..sleep is good...

mtbr member
    Jan 2016

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel_l View Post
    Make sure you post your build.
    I received all the components this past Monday. Now waiting for when I have time to take to my lbs to get the bike built.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    If you are mechanically inclined, you might have them press the headset and bottom bracket in and give it a go yourself. It's a great way to learn how your bike works and learn how to set it up.

I received all the components this past Monday. Now waiting for when I have time to take to my lbs to get the bike built.

Less yap more braaap
    @ Alucke: I also agree with building it up yourself. It's not that hard and you'll learn a lot.

I took it to my local bike co-op to get the bearings pressed in (I literally have only used a bearing press/drift 3 times in my life) but other than that everything else I did myself with my basic hand tools.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tier1 View Post
    @ Alucke: I also agree with building it up yourself. It's not that hard and you'll learn a lot.

I took it to my local bike co-op to get the bearings pressed in (I literally have only used a bearing press/drift 3 times in my life) but other than that everything else I did myself with my basic hand tools.
    I don't have the tools to put the bike together, myself.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    You are going to want to be able to keep the bike maintained. You don't need much in terms of tools. Metric allen wrench set will do 90% of it. Depending on if it's even something you want to do, you are not talking about a big investment in tools to assemble and maintain your bike.

If you are thinking about doing it yourself, the other thing you would probably want to do is have the bike shop cut the steering stem to length one you figure out where you want it. I left mine slightly long and had some spacers on top so I could make adjustments. Came in handy when I went to a shorter stem and wanted to raise it some.

What ever you do assembly wise, have fun with the bike. Look forward to seeing the finished project.

Less yap more braaap

Just go to Harbor Freight spend like $20 on some basic tools and it'll get you like 90% of the way. Even if you use the tools like 3 times before they fall apart and comically catch fire it's still worth it to learn by physically doing it.

mtbr member
    What kind of rear 12*142 thru axle does the frame use, as I forgot to get a 12*142 thru axle

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I use one like this, there is a counter sink hole so you can't use the STD Shimano one. https://goo.gl/images/qrDvYr

mtbr member
    I use one like this, there is a counter sink hole so you can't use the STD Shimano one. https://goo.gl/images/qrDvYr

So what kind of 12*142 thru axle do I use, that link took me to a website list of hubs and stuff

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

mtbr member
    Apr 2016

Can you guys weigh your bikes?

Anyone want to chime in with total weight, with or without pedals?

I am thinking of doing a parts swamp from a Giant Stance to one of these frames. I mean transferring as much as I can from my existing bike to a lighter carbon FS frame. 27.5 Crest wheels, 1 1/8 tapered fork, stem/handle bar, brakes, 2x10 drivetrain etc.

But right now I am at 29lbs, and kind of don't want to go blindly buying a frame to save 1 or 2lbs. Yes I know it will depend on what my bare frame weighs, but I have no way of measuring that. Also concerned about loosing some of my 68 of head tube slackness.

So let's hear it...

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    I bought the Shimano version of this,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Doesn't look like Amazon has them anymore, but the axle itself is very good. It comes with two threaded ends, I had to swap the mounted one for the other that was supplied to work with threaded insert nut.

So what kind of 12*142 thru axle do I use, that link took me to a website list of hubs and stuff

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Mine is just under 29lbs ready to ride. The frames are 68 or 68.5 degrees depending on frame size. Some of us have put different head sets on to loosen it up to 66ish degrees

mtbr member
    I ordered one from AliExpress.com. It should be here in 20 days. That will give me a little time to find a bike repair stand and some bike repair tools on Amazon.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    mine weighs in at 30.5 lb but it is perhaps a more Enduro based build rather than XC

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Just a heads up here concerning frame quality.

Just found that my lower pivot has come loose from the carbon. The metal insert has debonded. So far the play is minimal but I can clearly feel it moving. Have now epoxied the edge around the sleeve where it meets the bonding and tried to force the glue into the crack. I don't think it will hold up in the long run, but it will hopefully give it a couple of more rides.
    Will contact HF for warranty claim.
    Last edited by LasseB; 01-23-2017 at 06:58 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by LasseB View Post
    Just a heads up here concerning frame quality.

Just found that my lower pivot has come loose from the carbon. The metal insert has debonded. So far the play is minimal but I can clearly feel it moving. Have now epoxied the edge around the sleeve where it meets the bonding and tried to force the glue into the crack. I don't think it will hold up in the long run, but it will hopefully give it a couple of more rides.
    Will contact HF for warranty claim.
    thanks for the heads up, will keep an eye on it

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Update: Initial repair did not work out. The play between carbon an alu insert is back after 3 hrs ride. Will try next step. Drill into metal insert and press epoxy from the inside out. Fingers Crossed. Hong Fu is on some chinese holiday for another week...

Less yap more braaap
    Is anyone rocking a CC Angleset headset or similar? After some saddle time on my bike I kind of feel the bike is a bit steep and "twitchy". I'd like to slacken it up a bit.

According to the spec sheet it's supposed to be 68 degrees. I've got a 150mm fork and 200x57mm shock on it right now not sure exactly what the final angle is. I'm thinking of using the CC Angleset -1.5 degree kit to get it down to 66.5 degrees and make it more of a Freeride/Enduro trail slayer.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Yes I run a angle set, mine is a -2 from Superstar Components, it's been brilliant and changed the feel, made me much more confident.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Im also running the same angled headset as vwsurfbum, -2 Ive had it since I built the bike, very happy with it all so far (except the rear tyre clearance issue)

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I asked chemical bikes about the "all new" 2017 models and what was new on Instagram. They asked what I would like to see, I said more rear tyre clearance. Not had an answer lol

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Hi,

I have that very headset on mine. If you search you will find comments on the Crane Creek "creak". If do you get the CC one, watch their installation video, it is helpful. I did get mine installed creak free. Because the adjustable cup on the CC unit is on the bottom, your forks will be extended about 1/2". This will get you a little more than the 1.5 degrees the CC set gives.

I will be the opposite of the other comments so far, I did not notice a big difference in the slacker head angle. Now, I did not ride it a lot before putting the headset on, but it did not jump out at me as being better. Still, in the end, I left it on and am happy with the bike.

Joel

Quote Originally Posted by Tier1 View Post
    Is anyone rocking a CC Angleset headset or similar? After some saddle time on my bike I kind of feel the bike is a bit steep and "twitchy". I'd like to slacken it up a bit.

According to the spec sheet it's supposed to be 68 degrees. I've got a 150mm fork and 200x57mm shock on it right now not sure exactly what the final angle is. I'm thinking of using the CC Angleset -1.5 degree kit to get it down to 66.5 degrees and make it more of a Freeride/Enduro trail slayer.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    I would be careful about trying to fix it, might make Hong Fu not replace it.

The CF should have been tightly layed up around the lug. Trying to just fill the void with epoxy is precarious at best. Also need to be careful of what epoxy you use. If you still insist on trying to fix it, I would probably mix some chopped fibre into the epoxy ( just don't breath it ).

--------

Update: Initial repair did not work out. The play between carbon an alu insert is back after 3 hrs ride. Will try next step. Drill into metal insert and press epoxy from the inside out. Fingers Crossed. Hong Fu is on some chinese holiday for another week...

AKA Mr.Habanero
    Imust Carbon 27 5 Full Suspension MTB Frame XP07 M Size BSA Rear 12x148mm | eBay
    This frame looks awesome! I would sport the crap out of it.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by christianr View Post
    Hi Chukie,
    still not finished as I'm not hurry but here's a pic:

awesome paint job - how did you do it? im thinking of using plasti dip, in case i wanna change the colour scheme...

how tall are you? im debating between the 15.5 and 17.5... im 5'6" but have shorter legs and longer torso... like a really elongated midget

and whats your fork's specs?
    Last edited by SO_DOGE; 02-07-2017 at 09:27 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by SO_DOGE View Post
    awesome paint job - how did you do it? im thinking of using plasti dip, in case i wanna change the colour scheme...

how tall are you? im debating between the 15.5 and 17.5... im 5'6" but have shorter legs and longer torso... like a really elongated midget

and whats your fork's specs?
    go with the 17.5

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Took my S7 out for a ride today. We have been having some unusually warm winter weather that has melted off most the snow in the foothills. First ride since swapping out the pivot bearing a bit ago. All worked well ( even my body ). Did start running into slushy snow and mud as I climbed. The single track down had plenty "hidden" runs of snow, ice, and mud. I tried my best to pick line that did not tear up the trail and think I did a good job of it. Was nice to get in a winter ride and still be able to make the climb. Guess the skiing once a week is kelping a bit.

Joel

mtbr member
    anybody knows any of these chinese brands making 27.5 frames with 65 HA with 150-170mm travel?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Not seen one, seen DH bikes but not an all mountain like that.

mtbr member
    yeah, just seen 68-69 frames like 90% of the time.

somebody should say to them they'd make mountains of monies if they update. I already like the basic visual designs they use. plus - how do the linkages and suspension work? I see they almost unanimously use almost the same design? that some kind of VPP thing? looks like to me...

to be honest, got tired of 3500-5000's frames.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    is anyone using offset bushings? considering getting a set to compliment the slackerizer headset?

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I did ask them (dengfu) exactly that:

Code:
    Hi Kelsey Xiao
    hi. I am looking for a 27.5 or 26 MTB frame that has front fork travle of more than 140mm and smaller HA angle than 68*. All I found on your websites was 68*. Do you have full suspensions frames with a lower angle than 68*?
    Code:
    Hello Ibo,

Our smaller HA angle is 68* for full suspensions frame.
    And only FM288 has front fork travle of more than 140mm and HA angle 68*.
    Is ok for you?
    I figured that is standard. If you want more angle, you can use angleset, or off spec size rear shock, longer forks.

this guy describes how he did that with the schock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySAKcRrsOXI&t=208s

mtbr member
    Can someone please tell me the shock bushing size, of the Imust/Ican S7 frame. I am still waiting for imust-sports to reply to my email about the shock bushings on the S7.

alucke

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I use a slakeizer

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    For my Fox CTD I used 8mmx22.2 front and back.

Joel

Can someone please tell me the shock bushing size, of the Imust/Ican S7 frame. I am still waiting for imust-sports to reply to my email about the shock bushings on the S7.

alucke

mtbr member
    OK thank u

mtbr member
    I did ask them (dengfu) exactly that:

Code:
    Hi Kelsey Xiao
    hi. I am looking for a 27.5 or 26 MTB frame that has front fork travle of more than 140mm and smaller HA angle than 68*. All I found on your websites was 68*. Do you have full suspensions frames with a lower angle than 68*?
    Code:
    Hello Ibo,

Our smaller HA angle is 68* for full suspensions frame.
    And only FM288 has front fork travle of more than 140mm and HA angle 68*.
    Is ok for you?
    I figured that is standard. If you want more angle, you can use angleset, or off spec size rear shock, longer forks.

this guy describes how he did that with the schock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySAKcRrsOXI&t=208s
    it seems to me its just too much of a hassle, really.
    the frames are getting better and better, but still, I'll wait for some updated enduro geometry chinese carbon frames - I'm pretty sure they are going to start produce those very soon.

plus - this guy's yt channel has nazi SS insignia as an avatar. is he insane? I really cannot fathom any irony, joke, or even remotely humoristic about that. that's just plain wrong...

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ashas View Post
    it seems to me its just too much of a hassle, really.
    the frames are getting better and better, but still, I'll wait for some updated enduro geometry chinese carbon frames - I'm pretty sure they are going to start produce those very soon.

plus - this guy's yt channel has nazi SS insignia as an avatar. is he insane? I really cannot fathom any irony, joke, or even remotely humoristic about that. that's just plain wrong...
    hahaha i noticed that too...he seems to not be that intelligent, but he did make a point. smaller size shock, slacker head angle

no idea how carbon frame manufacturing in china is regulated, warranted and permitted. You could be right

mtbr member
    hahaha i noticed that too...he seems to not be that intelligent, but he did make a point. smaller size shock, slacker head angle

no idea how carbon frame manufacturing in china is regulated, warranted and permitted. You could be right
    I really can not understand why they didn't already start to produce slacker, lower, and longer frames.

so about shorter E2E - what does that do actually? not only for slacker HA, but for kimenatics, BB height and so on... sorry for n00bness... (plus - for how much does it slacken the HA?)

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I really can not understand why they didn't already start to produce slacker, lower, and longer frames.

so about shorter E2E - what does that do actually? not only for slacker HA, but for kimenatics, BB height and so on... sorry for n00bness... (plus - for how much does it slacken the HA?)
    theres def people here that can answer as professionally as trumps lawyers, but from my imagination, the BB would come lower, travel of the frame would be shortened, so you bottom out sooner. it would angle the bike better for downhill and worse for climbing. think about it - you got two moving triangles connected at one of their vertices (near BB).

look at the image i attached, imagine the shock shorter. it would pul the back wheel into the frame, a little bit up, wont it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails China Carbon AM Duallies-2017-intense-tracer-factory-build.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    My 2.5 cents,

I think there is too much angst over the Chinese frame geometries. The 68 degrees is not horrible for the frame and general usage. There are options that work well to get to 66 degrees if you like. Some here have done that and are happy with the new handling. In my case, I did not notice so much a difference and enjoy the ride either way. I used a CC angleset that was 1.5 degrees and because the adjustable cup is on the bottom, it pushed my forks out another 1/2" which put me about 2 degrees slacker in total.

Bottom line, I think most that have actually bought/ridden the FM336/S7 frames are happy with them and there is room for tuning if you want. I am thrilled with mine.

Joel

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Yep loving mine

mtbr member
    May 2014
    My 2.5 cents,

Bottom line, I think most that have actually bought/ridden the FM336/S7 frames are happy with them and there is room for tuning if you want. I am thrilled with mine.

Joel
    Yep loving mine

I demand side profile pictures guys (your bikes, not you)

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    My bike is on this page

http://forums.mtbr.com/27-5/china-ca...l#post12793444

mtbr member
    here is my bike. The frame came with a rockshox monarch XX. Built the frame up with Truvativ holzfeller 50mm stem, holzfeller handlebars, along with a rockshox revelation rct3 27.5. The wheels are mavic crossride 27.5, 12x142 rear. Had to buy a xd driver for the wheel. The drivetrain is sram gx 1x11 components. The brakes are sram level disc brakes.

China Carbon AM Duallies-img_20170217_113741.jpgChina Carbon AM Duallies-img_20170217_113824.jpg
    Last edited by alucke; 02-17-2017 at 09:59 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    nice, ill be getting my frame hopefully tmr, ill be looking at both of your builds...

is it me or just mountain bikes look better muddy and dirty?

mtbr member
    theres def people here that can answer as professionally as trumps lawyers, but from my imagination, the BB would come lower, travel of the frame would be shortened, so you bottom out sooner. it would angle the bike better for downhill and worse for climbing. think about it - you got two moving triangles connected at one of their vertices (near BB).

look at the image i attached, imagine the shock shorter. it would pul the back wheel into the frame, a little bit up, wont it
    ok, I understand, thank you.
    what kind of linkage does chinese frames use? looks like VPP to me. that's not half bad if true.

mtbr member
    My 2.5 cents,

I think there is too much angst over the Chinese frame geometries. The 68 degrees is not horrible for the frame and general usage. There are options that work well to get to 66 degrees if you like. Some here have done that and are happy with the new handling. In my case, I did not notice so much a difference and enjoy the ride either way. I used a CC angleset that was 1.5 degrees and because the adjustable cup is on the bottom, it pushed my forks out another 1/2" which put me about 2 degrees slacker in total.

Joel
    the thing is I got used to riding 170mm forks (160-165 rear travel) on all my bikes for a decade now, and I want to continues doing so, so these frames can't support that. or can they?

second, I currently ride Capra with Lyrik 170 which is now lower than 64.5 HA (MBR states its as low as 64.1). plus the numbers say that BB height for Capra is 350 - from my experience it is waaaay lower when riding. I like that a lot. best bike I ever had.

the thing I really want is actually Capra frame with longer TT, more reach, somewhere around Strive Pro sizing - but would prefer 77-78 seat angle. now that would make Capra the ultimate bike...

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    ordered myself a pair of offset bushings, combined with the slackerizer headset, should slacken it out nicely! been riding a lot of dh/enduro stuff recently so looking for some slackness, currently at 66.5 should drop me another degree to 65.5

will post my findings.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Hi,

Seems you are looking for a different bike than what the FM336/S7s are. With these frames, I think the max you will get out of the read is 150mm. The front maybe a bit more, but then I would be cautious about the load change on the head tube if you push the forks out too much past 150mm. I'm at 155mm, someone else is at 160mm and seems OK. Every increment changes the loading. Just pushing the forks out makes the HA slacker but also the seat tube.

Seems you are looking more for a DH bike which these frames are not. Not sure what Chinese company is making a long travel DH bike.

The Capra looks interesting, have you tried a longer stem? Won't change the seat tube angle but will get you more reach. Depending on how you like the handling now, longer reach could be a don't care, a plus, or a minus.

Personally I find a lot of these geometry changes in the don't care category.

the thing is I got used to riding 170mm forks (160-165 rear travel) on all my bikes for a decade now, and I want to continues doing so, so these frames can't support that. or can they?

second, I currently ride Capra with Lyrik 170 which is now lower than 64.5 HA (MBR states its as low as 64.1). plus the numbers say that BB height for Capra is 350 - from my experience it is waaaay lower when riding. I like that a lot. best bike I ever had.

the thing I really want is actually Capra frame with longer TT, more reach, somewhere around Strive Pro sizing - but would prefer 77-78 seat angle. now that would make Capra the ultimate bike...

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Im currently 160 on front, no issues. but agree with Joel, I think anymore would be pushing it, these are really trail bikes rather than full on enduro or dh bikes.

mtbr member
    too bad they don't make the frames I'd be into. I think they would really make a lot of money if they enter Enduro segment, especially if they would experiment with new direction geometry wise. I really think longer and slacker bikes are going to become standard. that geo really improves riding experience and is better for higher speed, more steep stuff.

well, going through the posts here it seems these frames would makes for a perfect 110-120mm back travel, 130 front travel trail bikes. don't know what the default travel is for 336/s7 frames. what is the BB height for 336/s7? plus, is that VPP linkage?

I already have 170-165 bike, and don't need another, so that smaler travel bike would be something to think about, for those all day all mountain days. I'd defo go for that bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    My bike is set up with 150mm travel front and back ( front is pushed out a bit because of the angleset headset ),so actually thinking of it, I'm closer to 163mm unloaded.

The bikes do have a VPP and it works well. My bikes BB height unloaded is 355mm to crank center.

Joel

mtbr member
    My bike is set up with 150mm travel front and back ( front is pushed out a bit because of the angleset headset ),so actually thinking of it, I'm closer to 163mm unloaded.

The bikes do have a VPP and it works well. My bikes BB height unloaded is 355mm to crank center.

Joel
    thanx for the info.
    is 150 travel default travel of the frame? and BB height is measured after angleset, right?

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    150mm is the default, for the rear that is using a 200x57mm shock. I think some have used 200x50mm, less travel slacker front.

the 355mm BB height is with the angleset installed.

Joel

thanx for the info.
    is 150 travel default travel of the frame? and BB height is measured after angleset, right?

Less yap more braaap
    Seems you are looking more for a DH bike which these frames are not. Not sure what Chinese company is making a long travel DH bike.

Personally I find a lot of these geometry changes in the don't care category.
    I agree with this. These are AM bikes for getting up and down a mountain not DH/FR/Enduro slaying machines where all the trails are lift assisted. The geo is what it is and follows a tried and true formula that might be a bit older but we know works. Not designed to be groundbreaking in any technology or the longest, lowest, slackest, DH gnar sled.

At most, I'd say these bikes are "North Shore bikes" aggressive enough HTA and nice pedaling platform that you can actually go uphill but slack and playful enough on the downhill that you can still get down a decently gnarly trail with some tech skill. eg. the same class as a Rocky Altitude, Kona Heihei, Process 134, or Mach 4 (just barely reaching/touching the enduro category).

With all that said, I have also taken this bike down some flowy blue trails at Whistler bike park. It doesn't inspire that much confidence compared to a real DH rental bike (eg. a Rocky Maiden that's designed with coil shock, 4 bar linkage, slack 63 degree HTA, etc.) where I just point it in a direction and ride it out but I was still able to get down the trails on this thing and have fun. I'd probably want to slacken the HTA up a bit to 66 or 66.5 degrees but the 68 HTA was fine as long as you know the limits of the bike and aren't trying to do crazy things like Schleyer or Canadian Open DH.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    agree with tier. except id argue that theres people in this thread who have successfully pushed their builds into enduro territory. but dont be buying it for DH

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by panzer103 View Post
    Imust Carbon 27 5 Full Suspension MTB Frame XP07 M Size BSA Rear 12x148mm | eBay
    This frame looks awesome! I would sport the crap out of it.
    Hi ppl, anyone have luck on this frame,care to share more info?
    2016 Ragley Mmmbop 27.5

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    It's funny, my first full suspension bike was a Specialized Enduro Expert I bought new in 2004. It had 100mm rear and about 127mm in the front and a you could select a 70.5 degree HA with a 13.2" BB height or 69.5 degree HA with a 12.8" BB height by flipping a link. That was an enduro bike back then. Today, the FM336/S7 is in cross over territory from trail to AM with an HA of 68 and travel of 150mm F&R.

I still remember my first "mountain" was a Fuji Suncrest all steel bike 18 speed.

I guess the bottom line is don't get so wrapped up on labels and whats trendy this week ( I think a lot of that crap is to generate new bike sales ). Get what you like and have fun with it.

Joel

agree with tier. except id argue that theres people in this thread who have successfully pushed their builds into enduro territory. but dont be buying it for DH

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by microbike View Post
    Hi ppl, anyone have luck on this frame,care to share more info?
    That's going to crack at the seat tube, right above the pivot bolt. Unless it's REALLY thick, overbuilt carbon.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    and one of me side on

mtbr member
    May 2014
    and one of me side on
    lol your back "light"

is that 26" wheels? and 150mm travel fork?

bike rider
    I just ordered Scott's new 100mm travel cross country racing frameset and noticed that its head angle is the same as this "all mountain" bike. This bike was intriguing during the lead up, disappointing once it was released, and now a flat out joke a year later. Its geometry is wack, the price isn't that good, and people are having bearing problems. The market is flooded with barely used Bronsons and the like that you can buy for the same money as building up one of these.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    The market is flooded with barely used Bronsons and the like that you can buy for the same money as building up one of these.
    just went thru pinkbike buy/sell canadian section. cheapest bronsons i found were 2015 $3,250, $3,500 and upward of $4k. So i dont know. How much do you think one of these builds is?

bike rider
    New Bronsons start at $3000. Perhaps middle of winter the used market isn't as busy but come riding season it shouldn't be hard to find a great used bike for $2000-$3000. It wasn't from May to October last year. That's what I'd guess people are spending on these Chinese "AM" bikes. It's almost beside the point though. This bike won't provide the ride experience "AM" promises. The segment is mature enough that your choices are no longer leading brands like Santa Cruz or hoping a Chinese immitation can be made to work. There are so many great bikes from budget oriented brands like Norco and Kona* too. When this frame was announced I was suspicious the manufacturer could get geometry and durability in line with what this segment requires and I was proven right.

*I just got a Precept 150 as a beater to keep in Hawaii and it feels like a heavier version of my Bronson. Suggested retail is $2100. My Colorado shop will be selling our demos at the end of this summer for $1400.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    meh, I only needed the frame. For the money, I could get a couple of year old Alu bike (with even more dated geo), or I was able to buy this, brand new Carbon frame (slightly dated geo, but for the price of a angle headset and offset bushings I could adjust), I thought its worth a shot, loving it so far, I had a Trance 650b before this, and the Ican rides better, I ride everything from all mountain ride through to DH on it, I see many big brand carbon frames dying within a few years, so I expect this will be the same, the difference is the outlay is a lot smaller so I can move on to something else.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    lol your back "light"

is that 26" wheels? and 150mm travel fork?
    Cheers
    650b and 160mm pike

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I agree with [email protected] build quality is very similar to the Santa Cruz and I must say I'm enjoying not having to pay the massive premium for the use of the VPP.
    Great bike, well worth the money and the chance to prove how good it actually is.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Do most here have the ICAN frame or are there others? So far I have one season on mine, a couple of tumbles, and no damage. I've only heard of one separation at the lower pivot but don't know if that was ICAN or some one else. I ended up paining mine with Lacquer because it shows cracks well.

How long have some of you had yours? Not sure how long the S7/FM336 has been out.

Joel

I agree with [email protected] build quality is very similar to the Santa Cruz and I must say I'm enjoying not having to pay the massive premium for the use of the VPP.
    Great bike, well worth the money and the chance to prove how good it actually is.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Ive stacked mine a few times so far, still holding up ok lol. I have had mine since around November

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Ive stacked mine a few times so far, still holding up ok lol. I have had mine since around November
    side view pic please

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    side view pic please
    looks like the rest posted on here!

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Anyone got any more info on the P9 advertised on the front of iCanBike's page? Look's quite heavy at 2.6kg but fairly sturdy.

I'm thinking the CS-FS27 is still a better option for XC. Unless anyone can recommend anything else for a 650B XC FS bike trying to get under 10KG.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    http://www.icanbikes.com/html/MTB/27_5ER_frame/338.html

I think it is a transition ? A sub 10kg full suspension MTB, that's going to be near on impossible? It would need to be a soft tail short travel xc machines not something like that

mtbr member
    this new 2017 Enduro Frame P9 look great, and the numbers are now on par with the most big brands bikes out there. nice!

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    this new 2017 Enduro Frame P9 look great, and the numbers are now on par with the most big brands bikes out there. nice!
    Only doubt I have is on the chainstay lenght which appears a bit long at 452mm.
    Except this they made finally a frame with modern geometries and threaded rear hanger.

Let's see if will be available.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by christianr View Post
    Only doubt I have is on the chainstay lenght which appears a bit long at 452mm.
    Except this they made finally a frame with modern geometries and threaded rear hanger.

Let's see if will be available.
    yeah, didn't look at chainstay, was concentrated on HA, SA and reach. bit long, yes, but I know some people will prefer that.

would love to try this frame though...

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    That Ican P9 looks like its got some serious potential, especially that weight, at 2400grams!!? I wish they had designed it with a 31.6 post size at least though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Also take into account that those numbers are based on having a 180mm fork fitted (571mm axle to crown) so for most people it'll be running a little lower / steeper

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedling View Post
    Also take into account that those numbers are based on having a 180mm fork fitted (571mm axle to crown) so for most people it'll be running a little lower / steeper
    yes, true, was confused when I realized that as well.
    a bit disbalanced having 150mm in the back and 180 front...

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Frame price is 730$ + shipment.

I've asked for the CADs sheets so I can understand better the whole geometry.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Here the CADs guys!

Attached Files Attached Files

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Just got an email back from Peter over at xm carbon speed. Looks like the CS-FS27 frame isn't quite ready for sale yet. Shame, the frames headtube looks so good.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Anyone know what frame bearings to buy for the S7?
    I have my frame stripped down after a long weekend in Wales and getting the forks rebuilt with new RCT3 inners.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    They are all 6902 for the pivots. Get MAX bearings as they will last longer.

Here's a walk through.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/27-5/china-ca...-928177-8.html

And look out for this:
    https://youtu.be/5pD2Bvh6oOA

Does not look or feel good....

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Cheers.
    I can't see the video unfortunately.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Sorry. Try again, button press hiccup....

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Ha ha better, cheers

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    And on the positive note it seems like HF will send me a new front triangle without me returning the old first, 0 seconds lost on the trails. Latest news is that it is in "paint matte".
    But it seems like Hong Fu honors their warranty.
    Too bad they stopped producing the 336 (s7)
    Will keep the thread updated.

mtbr member
    After riding the S7 27.5er about 10 times. I have found that the Revelation RCT3 and the Monarch XX combo, doesn't feel right to me. I have both the fork and rear shock setup to my liking. I don't know what it is. So I was thinking of switching out the revelation RCT3 and the Monarch XX for a Rockshox Yari RC 150mm and a Monarch Plus RC3. I have heard that the Yari RC is great, haven't heard anything bad about it, or it could be I am just looking for the good. Also I have heard a lot of good reviews about the Monarch Plus RC3. Or should I stick with the with the Revelation RCT3 and the monarch xx? Anyone have experience with the RS Yari 150mm and the Monarch plus rc3? Any input would be appreciated?

alucke

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I found the revs too flexi and you'll notice the difference to the Yari. I didn't like the feel of the Fox rear shock, i have a cane creek double barrel, it's been faultless.

mtbr member
    Another reason I was asking, is the Monarch xx xloc isn't locking out the shock and the xloc itself is not popping out. I have had the xloc bled 3 different times. I am getting sick of the shock, since it's doing that. And as for the Revelation RCT3, I am getting flex out of the fork.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Question: My frame is specced with a 200x51mm rear shock, but Im finding a lot of 200x57mm shocks on pinkbike. How would the bike change with one over the other shock?

- the travel of the rear triangle will increase, and possibly it will hit the front triangle?
    - how is the shock still with the same eye-to-eye? Is the can shorter?
    Last edited by SO_DOGE; 03-27-2017 at 08:09 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Question: My frame is specced with a 200x51mm rear shock, but Im finding a lot of 200x57mm shocks on pinkbike. How would the bike change with one over the other shock?

- the travel of the rear triangle will increase, and possibly it will hit the front triangle?
    - how is the shock still with the same eye-to-eye? Is the can shorter?
    You'll get more travel from the rear wheel, so you'll possible have the rear tyre contact the frame on full compression. Do you have the bike currently? As you can do a bit of measurement to check this with the 51mm shock in there, and confirm whether the 57mm will cause dramas.

As to the same lengths but shorter stroke, this can be achieved in a few ways, either by internal spacers limiting the travel or shorter stroke shafts. It's quick common to have shocks with the same E2E but different Strokes.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I have the S7 with a 200x57 shock. No rubbing.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Yeah thanks. I went home and measured the i2i of the frame when fully extended and when fully compressed - 210mm and 138mm. For others' benefit, thats where the 200mm i2i would fit fully extended and with 200mm-140mm=60mm clearance, it's ok to run it with a 57mm stroke.

The only gripe I have a bout this is I observed the last 5mm of the schock's travel, during which the back wheel doesnt really go up anymore, it goes kinda in, closer to the front triangle. So I'm not sure of one would feel the difference between the 51mm and 57mm. Has anyone actually tried both?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Yeah thanks. I went home and measured the i2i of the frame when fully extended and when fully compressed - 210mm and 138mm. For others' benefit, thats where the 200mm i2i would fit fully extended and with 200mm-140mm=60mm clearance, it's ok to run it with a 57mm stroke.

The only gripe I have a bout this is I observed the last 5mm of the schock's travel, during which the back wheel doesnt really go up anymore, it goes kinda in, closer to the front triangle. So I'm not sure of one would feel the difference between the 51mm and 57mm. Has anyone actually tried both?
    Which frame are you using?

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Isildur View Post
    Which frame are you using?
    the one detailed on page 1 post 1 of this thread 17.5"

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Update on my broken front triangle:
    Hong Fu (Nancy) sent me a brand new front, no questions asked, no sending back of old frame, just a new replacement. It arrived within 12 days, only had to pay $12 in customs fee.
    China Carbon AM Duallies-20170412_131749.jpg
    Construction is slightly different around bottom bracket and lower pivot.
    new front is ca 50grams heavier, hope that goes into longevity. Rebuilt the bike today and took an hour on the mountain. It is a completely different feel to the bike. The rear end is laterally much stiffer, no noodly backend feeling anymore. I'm in love again!
    Big ups to HF for honoring their warranty! Would definitely order from them again. Maybe not the early batches from a new frame model.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Great news, onwards to the hills!

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    ..anyone know if you can get a bigger travel chinese frame like the Enduro builds? i'm looking for 160/160.

Thanks everyone!
    Micah
    ..sleep is good...

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Hong Fu (Nancy) sent me a brand new front, no questions asked, no sending back of old frame, just a new replacement. It arrived within 12 days, only had to pay $12 in customs fee.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170412_131749.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	1131631
    new front is ca 50grams heavier, hope that goes into longevity. Rebuilt the bike today and took an hour on the mountain. It is a completely different feel to the bike. The rear end is laterally much stiffer, no noodly backend feeling anymore. I'm in love again!
    Big ups to HF for honoring their warranty! Would definitely order from them again. Maybe not the early batches from a new frame model.
    That is great support man. I'm stoked for you and jealous at the same time. I was screwed by Shenzen First.

I ordered a frame for my son, a different build than this, xc racing as he's at that age. They sent me a broken frame, bent headtube and cracked rocker linkage. They now won't refund till the broken frame is sent back lol. I have chat proof and pics they knowingly sent a bad frame. Someone literally glued the linkage back together then shipped the frame, as if no one would notice. I wish HF still made 26er frames in small.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by th1npower View Post
    ..anyone know if you can get a bigger travel chinese frame like the Enduro builds? i'm looking for 160/160.

Thanks everyone!
    Micah
    You may want to look at this frame.hope it helps.

Enduro Frame P9 - Shenzhen ICAN Sports Equipment Co., Ltd.
    2016 Ragley Mmmbop 27.5

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Can you post a picture of what the old frame looked like?

Thanks

Joel

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    @Joel_l
    very hard to photograph since it is concerning small changes in the construction around the internal structure of the lower pivot. On the old frame I could conclude that the alu sleeve was not fully encapsuled in epoxy (and possible CF). In the new triangle there's a bigger opening in the bottom bracket into the downtube and I can get my finger in there and sense that the pivot is much more encapsuled and therefore supported by the bonding and will hopefully be stronger. I know, hard to explain and even harder to grasp, but I will keep my fingers crossed, ride as usual and keep this thread updated if there are any changes.
    @thesmokingman
    Ouch, sounds like really bad karma there. I'm very happy with HF so far and I suppose that is by treating the conversation positive, honest and respectful. But maybe I was just lucky to find a good sales representative. I would not hesitate to order from them again, but have no idea for other vendors like iCAN, DengFu etc, etc.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    @thesmokingman
    Ouch, sounds like really bad karma there. I'm very happy with HF so far and I suppose that is by treating the conversation positive, honest and respectful. But maybe I was just lucky to find a good sales representative. I would not hesitate to order from them again, but have no idea for other vendors like iCAN, DengFu etc, etc.
    Yea, it sucks. I started the dispute process with my CC so it shouldn't be a negative result for me at least. And to put the cherry on top, they didn't even send the frame in the correct size. I specifically stressed that I needed a small, yet they sent a cracked up medium, smh. I print screened the chat, with all the pics I took, evidence of the sales person flat out lying. It's kind of comical. The girl was trying to blame UPS. Then when you open the linkage, rocker, there is black glue/paint where someone tried to piece the cracked carbon around the pivot, smh. I'm taking it as straight up fraud. Now apparently they stopped replying, which plays into my dispute.

I've dealt with iCAN before and they were great. I didn't have any damage issues with iCAN but when I asked for spare derailleur hangers they sent me a set free. This Shenzen First company though, beware of them and their rep Summer. Flat out lies to get you going so be careful anyone reading this.

Less yap more braaap
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmokingman View Post
    I've dealt with iCAN before and they were great. I didn't have any damage issues with iCAN but when I asked for spare derailleur hangers they sent me a set free. This Shenzen First company though, beware of them and their rep Summer. Flat out lies to get you going so be careful anyone reading this.
    Deng Fu for me was easy to deal with. Haven't had any issues so don't know about post sales support. That said if I'm going to get anything it'll probably with XMCarbonSpeed since the owner Peter has an account here on mtbr and I've heard great things about how easy he is to deal with and his pretty good command of English.

mtbr member
    After doing a good amount of browsing (this thread, chinertown.com, alibaba, etc.), I've narrowed it down to three frames:

The venerable (at least a year or so old) S7 from ICAN, which they've discounted to $550 plus shipping.

The "BRAND NEW" LCSF706 from Xiamen Lightcarbon for $783 shipped (https://lightcarbon.en.alibaba.com/p...367.0.0.6aRdYk)

or the LCFS705 from Yishunbike for $785 shipped.

Are all three of these frames the same damn bike?
    BB92 bottom bracket. 150mm travel front/rear.

S7 & 706 HTA of 68 degrees.
    705 is claiming 66 degrees.

S7 says 200x57 for the rear shock
    LCFS706 says 200x51 for the rear.
    LCFS705 is the same (unsurprisingly)

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether they're substantively different?

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    looks to me the LCFS705 is slightly different, maybe updated? The rear triangle is different, the top tube looks different, and the head angle is relaxed ( what some of us did using an offset headset ).

It's a good price on the S7 and I have been very pleased with mine.

Joel

mtbr member
    Joel,

Thanks for the input. I don't see $140 being worth a slight update, when that money could go into a nicer fork or a tiny way toward a nice wheelset.

I also wanted to say thanks to you for posting the bearing replacement and pics, and to vwsurfbum for the action shots.

Looks like an S7 with a 160mm fork is the way to go. I'll post pics of the build as it comes along.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016

FM356 29ER all mountain frame

many new model ,please check website: TanTan Sports Equipment Co.,LTD

FS027 BOOST 27.5er frame . FS029 29er suspension frame .

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    If anyone in England is looking for a medium S7 I'll be selling mine, I've landed a Mondraker Foxy XF so its now surplus. Frame and CCDB only.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Jumping ship eh?

The Foxy has an interesting looking rear suspension. Carbon or Aluminum?

If anyone in England is looking for a medium S7 I'll be selling mine, I've landed a Mondraker Foxy XF so its now surplus. Frame and CCDB only.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    It wasn't something I was looking to do but I couldn't pass it up.
    Feels so long compared to the S7. It is carbon and I would say only a tiny bit lighter.
    Yeah the rear suspension is still a vpp style but the shock mounts on the pivot itself.

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Another option for folks looking for a complete build with reasonably priced carbon frameset:

$2999 Fezzari Timp Peak NX1.

China Carbon AM Duallies-fezzari-timp-peak-nx1-build-sub-3k-4.jpg

If it seems like I'm really selling this, it's because I think we need to get more credence to retailers who are willing to offer higher end products at lower prices.

The only thing that comes close is the Vitus CR-FS X1 build at $3059 from Chain Reaction Cycles. Which admittedly is a better deal.

China Carbon AM Duallies-cmydfziybud4.jpg

As good as these deals are I'm still holding out for a 140mm Carbon 29er full suspension from Vitus, Fezzari or something similar.
    Work - Utility GIS Analyst
    Party - 2019 Guerrilla Gravity Revved Trail Pistol Sz 3

mtbr member
    Jan 2016

new 27.5er boost AM frame

hi guys . this is our factory new mold . 27.5er boost AM carbon frame . our factory accept custom mold and paint . any questions . contact me , E-mail: [email protected] China Carbon AM Duallies-img_8014.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2016

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Hello,

First post here. I also bought the ICAN S7 27.5 frame but forgot to order the ICAN headset. Is there a similar headset that i can get here in U.S that will also fit this frame, specially the lower headtube? Just bought a cane creek 40 ZS44 but the bottom is to small for lower headtube.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    PM me your address and I will send you the one that came with my frame. I put a CC angle set on mine.

Joel

Quote Originally Posted by Neburz View Post
    Hello,

First post here. I also bought the ICAN S7 27.5 frame but forgot to order the ICAN headset. Is there a similar headset that i can get here in U.S that will also fit this frame, specially the lower headtube? Just bought a cane creek 40 ZS44 but the bottom is to small for lower headtube.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    I have been riding my S7 with a Fox 150mm Talas fork and Fox CTD rear shock. I just ordered a Cane Creek DBAir IL for the S7. The CTD seemed ok but wanted to try something better??? If the CCDB is a keeper, the CTD will make its way to my 2004 Enduro Expert, the RL that's on it now is failing and not worth rebuilding ( to me ).

I'm looking forward to trying the CCDB, seems to get a lot of positive feedback. The only negatives I saw were with the older Inline version, the IL seems to have fixed those issues.

I did go back and forth between piggy back, non piggy back, Fox DPS Evol, float x, x2, Monarch debonair, Monarch plus......

I went with the Cane Creek because it does not have custom tunes to speak of. With HS and LS compression and rebound adjustments there are just base tunes for various bike setups. This seemed interesting to me and more flexible. Takes more work to get it dialed in but you are not stuck ( without a rebuild ) with how the shock is tuned.

Cane Creek claims the new IL is suitable for Trail, AM, Enduro with suspension between 140 - 160mm so I decided on it over the piggy back CS version. The IL should be fine for how I ride.

Looking forward to seeing how it works out.

Joel

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Got my first ride in on the DBair IL, so far so good. after setting the sag with the shock stock ( no air spacer ), it did bottom too easily. I put in the full spacer that comes with it and it is much better. My ride today did not use it all up, but it's not as hard on the shock as other rides I do. At most I think I would add a half width spacer, but a few more rides are needed to tell.

The damping adjustments are factory defaults and it rode OK, another I will need a few more rides to tell.

As it is, it seems more plush on the little stuff than the CTD I took off ( I do like the CTD ). The CTD is now on my 2004 Enduro Expert.

So far, happy with the DBair IL.

Joel

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    looks to me the LCFS705 is slightly different, maybe updated? The rear triangle is different, the top tube looks different, and the head angle is relaxed ( what some of us did using an offset headset ).

It's a good price on the S7 and I have been very pleased with mine.

Joel
    Got a couple of questions for you Joel since you are very active in th forum.

1) What's the actual head angle of your fork when your bike is balanced on flat ground? Reason why I ask is because this local company using this open mold is listing 66 HA on their site, but everyone of these frames is listing 68 or 68.5 on large/XL.

2) what size frame do you have? I need something along the lines of 66-65HA with or without angleset.

I am looking for something like the P9 or LCFS705 but they are both not available directly to consumers.

thank you,
    Jackson

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Mine is a large so stock is 68.5*. I put a 1.5* angle set on and this brought it to and actual HA of about 67.5*. The Cane Creek web site has a decent tool to let you know what to expect.

The bike with the relatively steep HA still rides nice. I am currently looking for something else to try. All my bikes have been pretty steep so far. Now want to try something on the slack end.

If someone has this frame with a slacker HA, it should be pretty nice. At 66* you could go +/- with an angle set to suite your needs

Joel

Quote Originally Posted by ijak View Post
    Got a couple of questions for you Joel since you are very active in th forum.

1) What's the actual head angle of your fork when your bike is balanced on flat ground? Reason why I ask is because this local company using this open mold is listing 66 HA on their site, but everyone of these frames is listing 68 or 68.5 on large/XL.

2) what size frame do you have? I need something along the lines of 66-65HA with or without angleset.

I am looking for something like the P9 or LCFS705 but they are both not available directly to consumers.

thank you,
    Jackson

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by andyfloyd View Post
    Yea I was wanting someone to buy one and tell me how great it is, so i can buy one. lol. It does look like Pivot and SC got in bed and made a kid together.
    Ewww

Sent from my F3213 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    It's actually a nice riding bike at a good price point. KHS has a model, sixfifty 6700 I think, that seems to be this frame. All specs are the same. It may have an older geometry but still rides nice. I am building a different bike now that has a slaker HA. I'll see if it really makes a difference.

Less yap more braaap
    Took my "Chinarello" (I'm going to need to come up with a better nickname for a mountain bike though) out to Whistler bike park last weekend and it's actually a very capable bike once dialled in. I wouldn't take it down something like Schleyer or Dirt Merchant but it does inspire enough confidence to roll through the blue trails and easier blacks (minus the step up on Freight Train but that's more of a skill/confidence thing on my part, I wouldn't be able have enough confidence to hit that even on a Sanction, Slash, or Demo).

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    many new frame and paint photo . please check WEB: TanTan Sports Equipment Co.,LTD

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    I'm selling my FM336 Frame. I do more road biking than MTB so it's not worth it for me to keep a MTB around.

-19" frame
    -Matte black
    -Comes with drop out and a new set of pivot bolts

$400 takes it

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Mine is a large so stock is 68.5*. I put a 1.5* angle set on and this brought it to and actual HA of about 67.5*. The Cane Creek web site has a decent tool to let you know what to expect.

The bike with the relatively steep HA still rides nice. I am currently looking for something else to try. All my bikes have been pretty steep so far. Now want to try something on the slack end.

If someone has this frame with a slacker HA, it should be pretty nice. At 66* you could go +/- with an angle set to suite your needs

Joel
    Where did you get an Angleset which fits into an integrated (tapered) head tube? I can't find an Angleset which will work on Ican bikes.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by endo_alley View Post
    Where did you get an Angleset which fits into an integrated (tapered) head tube? I can't find an Angleset which will work on Ican bikes.
    Either works components or Superstar components do them.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Either works components or Superstar components do them.

Excellent. I have been looking for a set of Angleset headsets for two Ican bikes. An Ican P-8, and a SNO-4. These have 42mm/52mm tapered bores in the head tube. Going to a 1.125" / 1.5" tapered steerer tube. Cane Creek told me I was out of luck because of the odd sizing. If this works out you really made my day.

Formerly of Kent
    How are people using a press-in headset on a frame that uses a drop-in headset?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Death from Below.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I found this on Works Components. Is this (2 degree offset ) or the similar (1 degree offset) the product you were referring to?
    2.0 Degree EC44-ZS55 Angle Headset - To Suit Tapered Steerer Tube

Formerly of Kent
    I found this on Works Components. Is this (2 degree offset ) or the similar (1 degree offset) the product you were referring to?
    2.0 Degree EC44-ZS55 Angle Headset - To Suit Tapered Steerer Tube
    Unless I'm mistaken, this is a pressfit headset.

It's not going to work on a drop-in frame.

Death from Below.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, this is a pressfit headset.

It's not going to work on a drop-in frame.

Bummer. Still people say they have made it work. Maybe if I cross my fingers just for luck?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I'll see if I can find a picture of mine.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

If you look inside it tells you the ones you need.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    How are people using a press-in headset on a frame that uses a drop-in headset?

The cups come out.

mtbr member
    May 2013

If you look inside it tells you the ones you need.

This says EC44/ ZS56. I don't see how it will fit in an Ican frame with a 42mm/52mm integrated head tube bore. Are you sure this works on an Ican frame?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    The cups come out of the frame, I used it in the S7 ican

mtbr member
    May 2013
    The cups come out of the frame, I used it in the S7 ican

Aren't the cups the thing which gives the Angleset it's offset. I guess I am not sure what you are talking about when you say the cups come out of the frame. Since the cups are part of the Angleset. Not the frame.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I have a Cane Creek EC44/EC56 Angleset. There is no way it will fit on either Ican frame (w/ integrated headset bore) that I own. Do you get the head tube bored out larger at a machine shop?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Post a picture of your frame and the head tube, I'll try and see if I can help.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Post a picture of your frame and the head tube, I'll try and see if I can help.

Thanks for your interest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails China Carbon AM Duallies-img_0785.jpg  

China Carbon AM Duallies-img_0784.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I just tried using an old shock that I had around. It is a 190mm x 51mm Fox Float. This appears to have slackened it a little. The BB height is now at about 12 7/8", down from maybe 13 1/8" . And the seat angle has slackened a little. But sill doable. I probably need to remove some stem spacers now. I am wondering if maybe your S-7 frame has a different head tube bore than all of the other Ican frames.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Won't that really lower the BB height?

Don't suppose you have a picture of the head tube without the headset in it?

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Won't that really lower the BB height?

Don't suppose you have a picture of the head tube without the headset in it?

It would require pulling everything apart. What should I be looking for? There was no removable insert in the head tube. It was cut to accept an integrated bearing/ headset directly ... "Won't that really lower the BB height?" Yes. You can you read that in my post.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    The Ican website- S-7 entry states " Headset H212 special for S7 ". I don't know what the H212 headset is. But it may be different than the headset arrangement on other Ican bikes. Bummer. Damn.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    My S7 came with 44/56 head tube bores, no insert. The Works or Cane Creek 44/56 headsets work fine.

Joel

mtbr member
    May 2013
    My S7 came with 44/56 head tube bores, no insert. The Works or Cane Creek 44/56 headsets work fine.

Joel
    Thanks. I guess this is settled then. The other Ican bikes which I have tried (P-8, Sno-4) will not use a 44mm/ 56mm headset. I am hereby heart broken.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    I just looked at a P8 frame and it looks the same to me. It might be worth sending an email to ICAN and see what they have to say. Is it just a ZS headset already pressed in?

Anyway, my experience with ICAN is they are good to deal with and respond quickly.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I just looked at a P8 frame and it looks the same to me. It might be worth sending an email to ICAN and see what they have to say. Is it just a ZS headset already pressed in?

Anyway, my experience with ICAN is they are good to deal with and respond quickly.
    P8 Is an integrated headset like on many road bikes. Bearing race drops in without need for a cup press. 42mm/52mm. 44/56 wont fit. Too narrow a bore.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Hi, I'm planning of buying this frame : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/full...773560762.html

It's the same frame as the ones in the thread, but I thonk they've improved it, as the one of lasseB. For exemple, it is 12x148 rear axle. I hope the quality will be there. It is a project for february 2018, i think.
    I would like to do a setup with this config :
    140mm fox factory fork
    200*21 rockshox monarch plus shox
    GX Eagle 1x12 groupset
    Slx M7000 or XT M7000 brakes
    American classic wide lightning wheels ( 30mm )
    150mm dropper post
    aliexpress handlebar, stem and saddle
    And I don't know which headset should I buy, external headset ? Or i can mount any tapered HS ?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Looks the same as the older S7/FM336 except for the boost rear. Depending on your use for it, you are going to make an already steep H.A. even steeper with the short fork. You will also lower the BB height, but these frames have plenty, so this will probably be a non issue.

I'm not sure what else might have changed, they are spec'ing a 200x21 shock as you are looking at, I run a 200x57 on my S7. Maybe something else changed when they went boost.

Looks like in a couple days you will get a pretty good deal.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Here are some pics of what it looks like. Installed is on my ICAN S7

China Carbon AM Duallies-20171109_072200.jpg

China Carbon AM Duallies-20171109_072330.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Yes, it will depends of my luck to find a fox kashima at a great price lol so maybe 140 or 150mm for the fork
    But i think i'll stay on a 200*51 shock, I don't want to take some risks.
    And 630$ for the frame, it's a great deal, but I haven't the time ( and money lol ) to start my project now

mtbr member
    May 2013
    The inside of the P8 and SNO4 head tube have a widened edge bore (42mm top /52mm bottom) with a 45 degree chamfer to seat the bearings. Much like the way a normal cup is cut to seat the bearing race. The inner bore is a bit narrower. So this cup with a 90 degree square cut will not fit in the bore even if it were the right size. Which it is not. Your S7 appears to be manufactured like most other modern mtb where the headset cups are pressed in. The P8 has an inner surface similar to that of the cups built into the head tube.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Here is my reply from Works Components "Sorry, we don't have a headset to fit fully IS headtubes as the bearings drop directly into the frame.
    Thanks, regards, Rick - Works Components "

mtbr member
    Hello, does anyone have this frame or have tried?:

I've seen some bike for Enduro in Google, but I have not talked to anyone who has it this frame.

I would like to mount the following:

- Rock Shox Lyrik RCT3 170mm
    - Rock Shox Super Deluxe Coil RCT
    - SRAM XO Eagle 1x12
    - SRAM Guide Ultimate
    - 203mm Front & 180mm Rear
    - Hope W35 Tech

Thanks! .

GOD SPEED # 58 # 69 RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by gontxo_nos View Post
    Hello, does anyone have this frame or have tried?:

I've seen some bike for Enduro in Google, but I have not talked to anyone who has it this frame.

I would like to mount the following:

- Rock Shox Lyrik RCT3 170mm
    - Rock Shox Super Deluxe Coil RCT
    - SRAM XO Eagle 1x12
    - SRAM Guide Ultimate
    - 203mm Front & 180mm Rear
    - Hope W35 Tech

Thanks! .
    It says OEM and Distributor only. Looks good though.
    "My GREATEST FEAR is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pvflyer View Post
    It says OEM and Distributor only. Looks good though.
    Yes, I already know that, jejeje.

I'd just like to know the quality of this frame. If it is a good frame or not worth buying. Is for know if this frame with the long time have any loosenes or something...

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by gontxo_nos View Post
    Yes, I already know that, jejeje.

I'd just like to know the quality of this frame. If it is a good frame or not worth buying. Is for know if this frame with the long time have any loosenes or something...
    I don't know about the P-9. But I have a P-8, and a Sno-4 frame built up. and both are great bikes with sturdy frames. As long as the geometry and design are what you are looking for in a bike. I wouldn't think twice about building that bike up if that is what I was looking for.

I'M A CHEAPSKATE
    I would love to fins a source for that P-9. It looks amazing.
    dowst: Got a little cavalier with good old eBay did we?

CABDOCTOR, now available with more flava than Kool-Aid

mtbr member
    took my S7 out for spin today. I noticed that the pivots are squeaking. I checked all the hex bolts, and they are all tight. Any suggestion on how to stop the squeaking. any help would be appreciated.

alucke

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    First, how sure are you that it is the pivots that are squeaking? As far as pivots, there are places that dust and dirt can collect that could cause things to make noise. You might try blowing dirt and dust out with a compressor both sides of the pivot. If the squeak is consistent enough, you could try spraying a light lube into each pivot one at a time and see if you can identify which one. If nothing works, re evaluate if you really think it's a pivot, If so, disassemble and inspect each pivot. Look for things like a race spinning on a pivot instead of rotating, bearings that don't turn smooth, and clean all the grime out.

mtbr member
    ok thank you, I will try those suggestions tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabdoctor View Post
    I would love to fins a source for that P-9. It looiks amazing.
    I don't know why it says that they will sell you a p9 all day long just message them.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Could also be internal cables among others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Van Deventer View Post
    I don't know why it says that they will sell you a p9 all day long just message them.
    This for sure!

mtbr member
    May 2015
    There was a thread about this on one of the forums. Essentially what might be going on is that The Chinese Carbon frame manufacturers, while great at carbon fiber, don't quite measure up to the Swiss when it comes to bearings.

With my bike, I took the whole thing apart and greased the bearings. in doing so I found one that had a bent cover. Others have tossed the manufactures bearings and bought new ones. (maybe excessive, maybe not, depending on your level of sensitivity)

In my case, there is no squeaking from the many pivots as far as I can tell and after 2 years I Love that bike. Good luck

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Pierce View Post
    This for sure!
    Wish I had bought the P9 instead of FS027.

mtbr member
    Wish I had bought the P9 instead of FS027.
    I ended up with a P8. I can't say I regret it at all. But I would have been equally as happy with a P9.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    where, what kind, and what size pivot bearings would you suggest i buy? I am just gonna replace the factory bearings with new bearings.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Look at my posts 599 and 603. Before going through the effort of replacing them all check them after taking the rear apart. Pay attention to the spacers, they are not the same size.

where, what kind, and what size pivot bearings would you suggest i buy? I am just gonna replace the factory bearings with new bearings.

Less yap more braaap
    6902-2RS (15x28x7mm) I went hardcore and got SKF bearings but you don't need to be extra like me.

I was pretty rough on my bike and replaced my bearings way later than I really should have. I'll see if I can get a photo to post what they looked like after a season and a half of riding.

On that note, apparently the DU bushings on my shock are done for. I got the TFTuned Mount kit (this one specifically https://www.tftuned.com/tf-tuned-mou...127mm-m8/p2937 ). What are the wear parts on that? Is it just the bushings that I need to be worried about and I can get a couple of these to replace and get rid of that play/knocking on my rear end? https://www.tftuned.com/tf-127mm-low...bushings/p3298

mtbr member
    Alright fellas, after reading reviews on the Chemical Adrenal (appears to be the same bike but with slightly different measurements) Im convinced that this bike is STILL a contender (FM336 or the equivalent). Ive been pouring over geometry charts and even some new bikes still have a 67or so head angle. So with an angle set there is really nothing about these not to like.

I have been talking to Steph at Workswell bikes and they seem to have a version of this frame but its boost spaced for a 27.5 plus tire (max 2.8 according to the 2D drawing) with a 148 rear spacing. Its also got a longer chain stay at 457mm and also a lower BB drop at -25 instead of the -5 on the original. Also shows a 67 degree head tube angle with a 555 A to C measurement (150mm fork). I have attached the 2D drawing below. What do you guys think? I'm very close to pulling the trigger on this thing. (click the image below and it will download the PDF file)

China Carbon AM Duallies-wcb-m-124-19-model-1-.pdf

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I have an fs027 for sale on eBay. 450$ including shipping.

mtbr member
    I have an fs027 for sale on eBay. 450$ including shipping.
    Yeah, Im actually looking at the VPP style bike. Sorry I should have posted that. I have an Ican P8 right now in a size medium and looking to go to a large.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Yeah, Im actually looking at the VPP style bike. Sorry I should have posted that. I have an Ican P8 right now in a size medium and looking to go to a large.
    I was just throwing it out there for anybody.😁

I said screw it and bought a Intense Recluse frame off pink bike for 1500$.
    If my frame doesn't sell it will make a nice 29er.

mtbr member
    I was just throwing it out there for anybody.😁

I said screw it and bought a Intense Recluse frame off pink bike for 1500$.
    If my frame doesn't sell it will make a nice 29er.
    ah, copy that! And I looked at Intense. Long and hard! If they had any size large frames from 2017 on closeout in a 29er I would have likely went that route! I actually inquired about any blemished frames that they may have had and they thought they might have had a couple, but upon checking he said the ones he thought that they had were actually gone

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    ah, copy that! And I looked at Intense. Long and hard! If they had any size large frames from 2017 on closeout in a 29er I would have likely went that route! I actually inquired about any blemished frames that they may have had and they thought they might have had a couple, but upon checking he said the ones he thought that they had were actually gone
    I almost bought that silver spider at 1200$ with shock is amazing deal.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast