Thread: Carver, hmmmm

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Carver, hmmmm

So, I got my Carver Killer B - very sweet, built it up with parts from my 29er and ordered some Stan's wheels. Weight, with a Quasi rear and Neo front was exactly 23lbs. It rides great, but I found that I missed my 29er wheel on the front - I felt sketchy going off ledges, descending rocky sections etc. So, I put a 29er wheel on the front (very small weight penalty), and the bike rides great. Turning is not as fast, but certainly acceptable, and the downhill confidence is much better. Looking at the Carver website, they list all their different models (29er, 69er, 650B). When I look at the geometry chart, I don't see any differentiation listed between the various models. So....can it be that they really only make one frame, and it works for all the wheel formats? I don't know if this is the case, but my 650B frame definitely has room for a 29er in the rear. Does anybody know anything about this?

Eating Hot Pockets
    i have no answers, but i DEMAND pix of the Carver

mtbr member
    ^ Agree ^

nothing relevant to say
    I have answers. What you've set it up as is a Bumble Bee. They also have a Honey bee, with 650B/26 setup.
    View this:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...74#post4074574

wham-o.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    OK, so it looks like they do only make one frame and slap a different sticker on it, depending on what wheels you put on it?

mtb remember
    The Carver aluminum frames will fit either 26" or 650B rear wheels, but won't fit a 29" rear wheel. I'm not sure about the "stock" geometry listed on their Ti 650B and 29er frames, though. Since you can order any custom geometry / specs you want from Carver for no additional charge...not sure if the stock geometry offered is really that big of an issue.
    ~ May The Schwartz Be With You ~

Members who have read this thread: 0