Canyon Spectral 6.0 2015 owners out there?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Canyon Spectral 6.0 2015 owners out there?

Any Canyon Spectral 6.0 2015 owners out there?
    Thinking about getting one but would like to hear from some owners. Read some reviews about rear shock not being setup properly but would like to know what actual owners think.

mtbr member
    guess that's a NO then? This site must be used a lot in the USA as I know Canyon can't ship there currently due to patent issues on rear suspension.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cr3anmachin3 View Post
    Any Canyon Spectral 6.0 2015 owners out there?
    Thinking about getting one but would like to hear from some owners. Read some reviews about rear shock not being setup properly but would like to know what actual owners think.

Sorry,I have an 8.9 2015,it's a 29er. For what it can be of any help it's the best mountainbike I've ever owned and I don't see myself going back to Specialized or Trek for a while.
    I don't know what kind of shock the 6.0 uses but since it's the base model I would say it has the lower end Fox CTD shock. Yeah not the best shock,it took me while to find it's set up and to break it in. Not the best shock to me but it gets the job done. If you do a lot of hardcore trails during summer you may want to upgrade to a reservoir shock as this one tends to heat up a lot.
    Roadie DNA,mtbike curious.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Devastazione View Post
    Sorry,I have an 8.9 2015,it's a 29er. For what it can be of any help it's the best mountainbike I've ever owned and I don't see myself going back to Specialized or Trek for a while.
    I don't know what kind of shock the 6.0 uses but since it's the base model I would say it has the lower end Fox CTD shock. Yeah not the best shock,it took me while to find it's set up and to break it in. Not the best shock to me but it gets the job done. If you do a lot of hardcore trails during summer you may want to upgrade to a reservoir shock as this one tends to heat up a lot.
    Thanks for replying ! Yeah the 6.0 27.5 model is the base model but still quite nice kit. I am not sure I would ride hard or often enough to notice a shock heating up a lot. I mostly ride Red trails, some Black and some natural....no big hits or extreme DH for me. I'm also coming round to the Norco Sight Alloy 7.1 which is also a nice bike and in the 1,800 region. Any problems with your Canyon...have to return anything? I'm interested to hear what the customer service experience was like. thanks