mtbr member
    Jan 2004

New question here. Cannondale Rush as a 650b?

Is it possible to convert a Rush to a 650b platform? Or would the rear wheel clearance be to tight?

nothing relevant to say

check these links

http://650bpalace.blogspot.com/2007/...ng-plauge.html
    http://650bpalace.blogspot.com/2007/...it-part-2.html

On the 08 Rush the bolt-on brace can beremoved to allow the use of the 650B wheel with a 5% decrease in stiffness of the swingarm....

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I am running a 2006 Rush.

nothing relevant to say

My time machine is in the shop...

Its tough to get parts for a DeLorean these days.....I don't know about the 06 Rush, sorry. You could email Cannondale and ask how much the swingarm has changed fron the 06 Rush to the 08 Rush Carbon.....

mnt bike laws of physics
    The 2006 Rush and 2007 Rush alloy swingarms will have no problem at all fitting a 650b tire.

The 2007 Carbon Rush and 2008 Rush swingarms are a little tighter because of the part that the brace is attached to stickes out from the swingarm. It still works (when the brace is removed) but the part the brace is screwed into comes quite close unless you use a small diameter tire.

mad aussie
    Only change to Cdale for 08 was the addition of the swingarm brace to the alloy Rush (found only on the Carbon for 07), so a 650B wheel should fit in. If you do a search we have discussed this in a previous thread and Kirk Pacenti says it should fit.
    I am contemplating a carbon swingarm at some point and refitting the geometry for the 650B size, but having too much fun on my Rush in 26" right now to even think about it.

Kevin

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

seat tube rub?

I've heard of the 650b tires rubbing the seat tubes on the 650b conversions. Is this true? If so, how can this issue be addressed?

Thanks.

ride more
    Mar 2007
    works on my 07Rush, doesn't rub. I posted some pics in my "trying 650b in the rear thread".

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Has anyone done a 29" Lefty conversion? ...is it better to just run the 650b up front and not forfeit the 30mm of travel?

I have an '07 Rush that I was getting ready to sell for a 29'er HT. I moved from FL to Asheville - and the 26's with the steep head tube are making this bike not even fun to ride anymore on the descents (I won't even get into the abortion that Cannondale commited by putting a 140mm disc on the back of this thing). I just discovered that people are setting up the Lefty to run a 29 front and the rear will take a 650b w/o changes. That sounds MUCH sweeter AND cheaper than the loss I'd take on replacing bikes.

Any thoughts on how I should set this up?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I have run my 06 Rush in that combination. It works but I prefer the 650b/26 combination better. Full 650b works pretty good also. The problem I had with the 29'er up front was a bit of sluggishness.
    The 650b upfront and 26 in the rear offers a good compromise of smoothing out the trail and keeping some quickness.

Nice the thing with the 29 upfront and 650b in the rear is that it raises up the bottom bracket some and helps lessen the pedal strikes.

Members who have read this thread: 2