Stubby-legged
    Jun 2006

Calling Kirk and Carver..

I saw a photo of a Scycip on the Interbike thread that was listed as a 650b wheeled bike. It had Swalbe branded tires on it.
    Was this the posters error, or is this "new" wheel size taking off.( Wheeeeeee!)

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    Quote Originally Posted by 1spd1way
    I saw a photo of a Scycip on the Interbike thread that was listed as a 650b wheeled bike. It had Swalbe branded tires on it.
    Was this the posters error, or is this "new" wheel size taking off.( Wheeeeeee!)
    The Schwable you saw was likely a touring tire... Remember this wheel size is not "new"; the 650b rim size has been around for nearly a century and is quite popular in Europe and South America.

The only thing new about what we are trying to do here is apply the wheel size to MTB use. The fact that many tire companies already have the necessary tooling to create 650b tires bodes well for the future selection of 650b MTB tires.

In fact I heard a rumor that one of the major tire makers already has 3 new 650b MTB tires in the works. This combined with the number of calls I have received from major bicycle manufacturers requesting sample tires should make for a very interesting 2008.

Stubby-legged
    Jun 2006

thanks

for the info. I knew this wheel size was "new." I have followed it through the Rivendell Reader. What was new, was the Soma 650b bike on this forum (interbike, I think.) that had Swalbe tires on it. I could not tell the tread pattern, so I don't know much about it.
    I have put some bikes up for sale locally to fund a 650b wheelset or bike. The wheeset makes sence at this point due to my Green Surly 1x1.
    Thanks for making this happen.
    Jeff

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    Quote Originally Posted by 1spd1way
    for the info. I knew this wheel size was "new." I have followed it through the Rivendell Reader. What was new, was the Soma 650b bike on this forum (interbike, I think.) that had Swalbe tires on it. I could not tell the tread pattern, so I don't know much about it.
    I have put some bikes up for sale locally to fund a 650b wheelset or bike. The wheeset makes sence at this point due to my Green Surly 1x1.
    Thanks for making this happen.
    Jeff
    Jeff,

Oh, you must be talking about the orange bike shown in another thread. Those are actually 26" wheels.

The 650b Sycip was a Mustard Yellow single speed.... really cool!

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...60#post3604160
    Last edited by Kirk Pacenti; 10-05-2007 at 12:27 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0