Buying an Upgraded, Used Bike- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    47

    Buying an Upgraded, Used Bike

    Hey all, Iím looking at buying a used 2018 Specialized StumpJumper Comp 27.5 thatís in great condition overall. The only thing Iím not sure on is a how a couple upgrades the current own has made will effect the ride.

    Heís swapped out the stock Fox Float Rhythm 34 for a Fox 36 Factory and the stock RockShox Monarch RT for an Ohlins TX22 Coil. I know, originally, this is meant to be a trail bike which will be about 80% of what Iíll be doing, the other 20% will be bike park shenanigans. Iíve been looking for something thatís a good in between and this seems to fit the bill.

    How will these upgrades effect the bike as itís intended to be ridden from stock? Any and all insight is appreciated

    thanks!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: One Pivot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,670
    Changing the fork and shock really dont make it a heavier duty or rougher use bike. Those are decent upgrades, but it'll really still ride like a stumpjumper. Thats not a bad thing or anything, but it doesnt make it more of a park bike.

    I would look at an enduro if you want a spec bike. An enduro makes a decent trail bike, and would do better at a bike park. Still not an ideal park bike, but better than a stumpjumper.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-05-2016, 02:54 PM
  2. Building from used parts or buying used bike?
    By Chicago77 in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-19-2015, 05:08 PM
  3. New Rider - Buying New VS. Buying Used - Question
    By Ryan's Law in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-14-2015, 07:33 AM
  4. Buying used - How to avoid buying a stolen bike?
    By shinbone in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-28-2014, 08:31 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-15-2014, 10:23 AM

Members who have read this thread: 50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.