mtbr member
    Jun 2018

Bronson vs. 5010

Sorry if this has already been posted before but since the update to the Bronson suspension setup for 2019, I am not sure which bike I should go for.

I am looking for a bike that will be fast and fun. I wont be racing much if any. I also don't have shuttle access so I need to climb good. I like doing large drops and would like to get more jump experience.

Has anyone ridden the new Bronson and the 5010 yet?

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    If you are considering a 130mm bike, then you'd prolly be happier with that one. It's true 150mm is a sweet thing and they pedal better than ever, but the shorter bike is usually snappier handling so more fun on the trail.
    oops I wasn't clipped in

mtbr member
    Danny MacAskill rides a 5010
    Josh Bryceland rides a Bronson

I haven't ridden either of them, but the 5010 seems more appropriate for getting up before bombing down.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    The v3 5010 is very stable at speed and a lot stiffer. The new shock is very plush so you'll think you have more travel than you do. You can easily put a 150 fork on it as well. I've put 31mm internal rims on mine and run 2.5 rubber.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    maybe test ride both and see which fits you the best. I knew in advance that the 5010 was already more than I needed so it was an easy decision but for those that are closer to the transition point between where the 5010 starts to leave you needing more travel and the bronson starts to pick up is a tough spot to be in. Good luck
    2015 Santa Cruz 5010 C

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Both are great options, for me, the Bronson feels like a bigger bike. Not sure if that means anything to you, but, if you need a bigger bike, go for it. I think people buy big bikes thinking it is going to progress their riding, but I am not buying that. Unless you are going to race the enduro scene or do shuttle days, a 5010 would probably be better.

I guess it depends on the trails you intend to use it.
    I like to ride Bikes. This might be turning into an obsession, not sure?

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    MTByumyum on youtube just released a video on the Bronson, and he is doing a video on the 5010 later this week. Might want to check that out. He seemed pretty underwhelmed with the Bronson. He said it felt big, handled a little slower than the old version, but was extremely stable. Said it reminded him a lot of the nomad, which i guess makes a lot of sense.

To me the new Bronson seems like an enduro racer, and a bike park bike. The new 5010 is more in line with an everyday trail bike... from my perspective at least.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by MudderNutter View Post
    MTByumyum on youtube just released a video on the Bronson, and he is doing a video on the 5010 later this week. Might want to check that out. He seemed pretty underwhelmed with the Bronson. He said it felt big, handled a little slower than the old version, but was extremely stable. Said it reminded him a lot of the nomad, which i guess makes a lot of sense.

To me the new Bronson seems like an enduro racer, and a bike park bike. The new 5010 is more in line with an everyday trail bike... from my perspective at least.
    He also said that he thought the old bronson climbed better than the new bronson.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    I've ridden both of the older models and I much, much preferred the 5010. In fact, I've ridden probably a dozen or more trail bikes and I like the 5010 more than all of them.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    I'd go with the 5010. My current bike is a 140/120mm trail bike. It climbs extremely well on the ups and descends amazingly well with a little finesse and good line choice. I think there is much to be said about riding the least amount of bike necessary to get the job down. The lighter and more playful chassis is where it's at for me right now. I'm riding all the same trails I rode on my longer travel bike and riding them faster with more smiles.

CEB
    The beauty surrounds

Can't go wrong!

Bronson vs. 5010-img_2154.jpg

This is what you seek! 5010cc

140mm set up.

A single track killer..... (Can Creek's Helm Coil front and db inline coil rear)

Get on it!