mtbr member
    Jul 2018

Bronson V3 vs 18' Canyon Spectral

Looking to purchase my first FS bike.

The standout that I've tested so far was a 2019 SC Bronson. It felt like it was made for me. Granted it was just around a local playground with a few stairs to jump and bounce down. Unfortunately, I'm on a budget and while I could swing for even the carbon version of the Bronson, it's hard to justify.

The Canyon Spectral is $1000 less in alum or $900 in carbon compared to the R build. Also comes with the nicer GX Eagle. For my skill, I'm guessing the Pike/Yari difference is a wash, as is the Deluxe vs Super deluxe shock.

My real question though, is the Spectral a comparable bike? Will they feel reasonably similar? I only wish I could try out a Spectral, but that's obviously not happeneing here in the US.

mtbr member
    I'm sure the Spectral will be great, but if you love the Bronson, do what you can to get it. You don't want to have that little voice in back of head saying wish I got the Bronson. Plus even with better specs, there's no guarantee the Spectral will fit as well.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Yari and super delux will probably feel a lot more plush than pike/delux. I wouldn't discount that difference.

I would think you probably wouldnt notice the difference between nx and gx drive trains other than a few grams of weight.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk