Anyone know anything about a Lapierre Zesty AM 727?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Anyone know anything about a Lapierre Zesty AM 727?

I can't seem to find out much about it. There are reviews on other LP bikes, but not this one. I'd be interested in one without the ei thingy and extra weight. My current bike is a hardtail at less than 9.7 KGS with pedals, so I'm kinda a weight weenie. I've only ridden hardtails before.

I feel like a full suspension will help my aging body and restore some confidence after a crash that broke some ribs. I really like the idea of the 1x11 transmission and no front dereilleur to shave some weight. I do want to know if both the front and rear shock can be locked out from handlebar mounted controls without the electronics and wires.

I am a new expat from the Carolinas to France, and the trails here are definitely a bit rockier and downhill, so I think I'm finally ready to switch to full suspent.

It is a bit expensive, and id have to sell my current rig with XTR and SLR wheels which are both buttery smooth to me, so I want to make sure I won't be let down by the component group on this very expensive bike.

Thanks for the help.
    Chris

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Thanks, I had read that thread, but no talk of the AM727. I will ask my specific questions in that thread. Thanks,
    Chris

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Bump. Anyone? Buehler?

En francais c'est possible aussi.

mtbr member
    Those bikes are all about the EI...I was going to purchase one, but also didn't want the EI. Without that feature it's a pretty standard bike, I went with something else.

Pros.
    Perfect Numbers: 150mm travel, 67 deg head angle, etc.
    proven suspension design (OST+ is based off specialized's expired patent)
    Unique.

Cons.
    Massive seatstays. I rode one for a bit an was clipping my heels, although I was probably focusing on that problem, I might of adapted to it but its hard to say.
    Expensive! Most expensive frame-only bike I found during my search.

If you're coming from a HT there are a lot of bikes out there that you'd probably like with less travel. My guess is that you'll be a little overbuilt with this bike. Quite the opposite of a HT for sure.

If you speak French, there are a lot more sources of info on this bike in Europe than there is here in the US. Not many people riding these in the US yet.

Call Bikeco they can probably help you out.

The Bike Company. Race Proven. World Wide.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Thanks for the reply Tweasol. In terms of pricing, here they seem to be a better bargain then Scott, Giant, Cannondale. I have found a pretty good discount as well, so I think I will be going with the ei.

I know it is going to be quite different than a HT, but right now in this environment a HT scares me. I tend to bottom out my fork in the first 30 minutes of a ride. Hopefully they've fixed the heel to chain stay interference by the time I get one.