mtbr member
    Nov 2006

650B specific frame

I am in love with the 650b platform, made my jamis dragon into one and it works flawlessly. What I do want to do is get a proper 650b frame. One where the chainstays are long enough to accomedate a 2.3 tire. My Jamis chainstays are 16.75in and I know the magic number i feel is 17.25. All i know of is some custom framebuilders that would be able to do it.

Right now the guys that come to mind are Kent Eriksen, IF, Quinsing, and Cutter. Maybe some other guys out there as well.

I'm into looking into both steel and Ti. What I want in the end is a hardtail that I can race and ride on and have to be a great durable bike for the 8-10 years or longer.

Let me know if you have some suggestions.
    Broadway Bikes: Grease Monkey/Sales/you name it, we do it

Rubber side down is never bad!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Soma B-Side.

My buddy has the frame. It's a REALLY nice frame. It's steel and can be bought for a lot cheaper than any of the custom builders you listed.

Pair that up with a X-fusion velvet and you've got yourself a killer set-up at a great pricepoint.

The stays on the b-side are 429 mm (or 16.9"). Personally, I wouldn't go over 17" and that is exactly the length on my Soul Cycles Hooligan, which will take a 2.3 neo.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    just checked out the soul cyles website. The frame doesn't look bad. what irks me is the EBB. The one time we had a bike like that in our shop it wasn't a great expierence. Do you have any troubles with it.

What I want to do is beable to put this bike through extremes of riding and racing.

I like the price point on this frame too, allow me to have a good set up at a not to killer price.

Do you have yours set up with 650B? If so what is the set up and what is your buddies if you don't mind me asking.

I've got the AC wheels and a White brothers fork, both a price option I know but I wanted to get some quality parts for it.
    Broadway Bikes: Grease Monkey/Sales/you name it, we do it

Rubber side down is never bad!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chwesley
    just checked out the soul cyles website. The frame doesn't look bad. what irks me is the EBB. The one time we had a bike like that in our shop it wasn't a great expierence. Do you have any troubles with it.

What I want to do is beable to put this bike through extremes of riding and racing.

I like the price point on this frame too, allow me to have a good set up at a not to killer price.

Do you have yours set up with 650B? If so what is the set up and what is your buddies if you don't mind me asking.

I've got the AC wheels and a White brothers fork, both a price option I know but I wanted to get some quality parts for it.

If you've already got the WB fork and AC wheels, then I wouldn't think twice about getting the B-side. My buddies is in parts at the moment, but will be rigid fork set-up singlespeed.

I don't really have problems with my Hooligan's EBB, but you could always upgrade to a bushnell for piece of mind. But again, since you have the fork and wheels.......the B-side was built around that fork. I have my hooligan with 26" on the rear still, but have stuffed the 650b in the rear just to see if it fits, and it does. I think the guys over at Soul Cycles also tried it with success also. It's a great frame! And so is the B-side.

Members who have read this thread: 0