mtbr member

New question here. 650b Schwalbe R.R.

Hello to all in the know,
    I've been reading that the Schwalbe 650b R.R. is a no go in the states for 2010, but then I see them sitting on custom frame builder rigs. Were only a few pairs of these tires given to select builders/retailers or are they available to shops direct or from a distributer I've not thought of yet? I've checked w/most of the known US shop suppliers, and even the 650b friendly BTI (will soon be stocking WTB 650b tires/rims/) never offered this Schwalbe tire.
    Thanks to all you shop folks and builders who may know how best, if even possible, to source these tires.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 650b Schwalbe R.R.-rmbs_eriksen_fs_600.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by umassracer
    Hello to all in the know,
    I've been reading that the Schwalbe 650b R.R. is a no go in the states for 2010, but then I see them sitting on custom frame builder rigs. Were only a few pairs of these tires given to select builders/retailers or are they available to shops direct or from a distributer I've not thought of yet? I've checked w/most of the known US shop suppliers, and even the 650b friendly BTI (will soon be stocking WTB 650b tires/rims/) never offered this Schwalbe tire.
    Thanks to all you shop folks and builders who may know how best, if even possible, to source these tires.
    Really? It is in the 2010 catalog, on the web site, and in stock at the NA distributor.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    Really? It is in the 2010 catalog, on the web site, and in stock at the NA distributor.
    That makes sense.

And why would a manufacturer make the investment to produce this tire and then pull the production?

mtbr member

Thanks for info I'll pass info on to the customer

Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    Hello,
    I'll guess I can get a hold of the Schwalbe folks in Ferndale, but I have a feeling that what is being shown is not the 2010 version, because I thought the newest incarnation was to be tubeless specific. Anyway...that's what Stans is for.
    I'll pass info/website address on to the customer

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by umassracer
    Hello,
    I'll guess I can get a hold of the Schwalbe folks in Ferndale, but I have a feeling that what is being shown is not the 2010 version, because I thought the newest incarnation was to be tubeless specific. Anyway...that's what Stans is for.
    I'll pass info/website address on to the customer
    No, there is no change in the tire for 2010. Not UST nor tubeless ready and not approved for DIY tubeless.

The Notubes disclaimer even applies to tires on their "recommended" list.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Members who have read this thread: 0