Thread: 650b question

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

650b question

Are there any XC full suspension frames that fit the 650b with the Neo rubber?

Thanks.

Harmonius Wrench

Haro Xenon

I think I got the model name right there! Anyway, I rode that bike at the Outdoor Demo with 650B Neo-Motos mounted on Blunts. Clearance was tight on the frame and Fox fork, but they worked.

p.s. Noticed you asked for "XC" FS bikes, the Haro was all mountain. Sorry!
    Riden' an Smilin'
    Guitar Ted

Blog
    RidingGravel.com

mtbr member
    I think Kirk Pacenti is experimenting with his tires and some 650bs on a Heckler or Nomad - I forget which one.

poser Administrator
    I want to say that you could probably fit them in single pivot, elevated chainstay models, much like the heckler and cannondale models although I am not sure who offers models like that anymore.

On aside I bet you that they would fit in a santa cruz bullit with nary a hitch, actually I bet a 29er might fit in there too. To bad I sold mine to get a 29er. Would have loved to try that.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

I don't huck.
    Jun 2005
    I measured my C-Dale Prophet and I bet they would work with no mods (in the rear at least).
    Blog Ramblings
    West Coast writer for twentynineinches.com

Captain Underpants
    I've seen pix of a few working with a stock Fox fork. Hmmmmm.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Seems like I'll have to wait until more wheelsets make it out in the world.

Thanks!!

Recovering couch patato
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Drivel
    I've seen pix of a few working with a stock Fox fork. Hmmmmm.
    That's the best hint of 650B being hardly any bigger than 26", it even fits in the fork! ;-)
    Your 26" bike is FINE.

SingleTrackSal

It's the Heckler

Quote Originally Posted by MMcG
    I think Kirk Pacenti is experimenting with his tires and some 650bs on a Heckler or Nomad - I forget which one.
    I spoke off-line with Kirk about this; he was hoping to mod the Nomad but the VPP linkages get in the way, so he's going to try the Heckler. There's plenty of room back there.

I'd love to see Ventana resurrect their old single pivot line (Pantera & El Chamuco) for this wheel size!

T , V , & K Rider
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleTrackSal
    I spoke off-line with Kirk about this; he was hoping to mod the Nomad but the VPP linkages get in the way, so he's going to try the Heckler. There's plenty of room back there.

I'd love to see Ventana resurrect their old single pivot line (Pantera & El Chamuco) for this wheel size!

I'd love to see Sherwood design and produce a FS frame specifically for the 27.5 " wheel size ! As well as others of course ! TIG.

pedal pusher
    I wonder if next year's fork models with have a tiny little extra bit of room under the arches to make the 650B conversion easier. It'd make a whole lot more sense to have one fork that could fit 26" and 650B, than have to come up with three versions of each fork model (26", 27.5", 29").

Team Captain
    Jan 2004
    It'd make a whole lot more sense to just have two fork models.... and two wheel sizes. Dump 650b all together and call it a day. Before we know it we'll have all sorts of goofy sizes just like when Schwinn invented all their own crap!

pedal pusher
    How are you going to "dump" a wheel size that's been around for decades already? Embrace it, make rims and tires, sell new product, and keep the sport entertaining.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Rapscallion

Vassago has the Rapscallion for next Spring.
    I hope it works out. They have great people over at that company.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGMAN
    I'd love to see Sherwood design and produce a FS frame specifically for the 27.5 " wheel size ! As well as others of course ! TIG.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SKullman
    Are there any XC full suspension frames that fit the 650b with the Neo rubber?

Thanks.
    Our Xeon frames with Fox forks will fit. It's tight, but it fits. You can check out a little test I did on my blog...the link is below. There's some pics that shows the clearance.

The Rowdy Scotsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TIGMAN
    +1 on a Ventana 27.5" specific frame. Hard tail and FS.

Team Captain
    Jan 2004
    I'm just tired of all the new SKU's clogging my POS system! 650b is ruining the LBS!

ACRONYM FEVER!!

Members who have read this thread: 0