nothing relevant to say

650B + Carbon Fiber

Hey there folks, I'm not fishing for hits on 650B Palace, I just need a consolidated feedback place that I can monitor.
    Please read and comment

650B Palace: How About a Spot of Carbon for Your 27.5" Tea?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I want want want want these wheels. Can I afford them? Nope. Do I WANT them? Absolutely!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    If Enve needs a test mule to put them through the ringer, just give me a holler. I can put them through the east coast gauntlet.

mtbr member
    Kirk Pacenti must be stopped. He will not be satisfied until we are all well-broke. He is an evil, evil man who only wants 650b riders to be completely broke to keep up from buying parts so that he can destroy 650b.

There is no other explanation for this product.

He must be stopped...

mk

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by trailbildr View Post
    Kirk Pacenti must be stopped. He will not be satisfied until we are all well-broke. He is an evil, evil man who only wants 650b riders to be completely broke to keep up from buying parts so that he can destroy 650b.

He must be stopped...

mk
    Unfortunately there is no product available. I can understand Enve's reluctance to mass produce a high dollar rim like this with a small demand leaving them with unsold inventory. What I don't understand is if the modular tooling they've described makes them so easy to produce why don't they take pre-orders for the rims. When the orders reach a quantity that justifies the tooling switch and cost of production they could do a limited production run.

nothing relevant to say
    Quote Originally Posted by trailbildr View Post

He must be stopped...

mk

Wut?

Moderator Moderator

I also don't understand

I believe (this is what they've told me) that they make rims to order - no "production runs" at all. So if they're tooled up, why not just make the 650s if someone orders some?

-Walt

Quote Originally Posted by DekerfTeamST View Post
    Unfortunately there is no product available. I can understand Enve's reluctance to mass produce a high dollar rim like this with a small demand leaving them with unsold inventory. What I don't understand is if the modular tooling they've described makes them so easy to produce why don't they take pre-orders for the rims. When the orders reach a quantity that justifies the tooling switch and cost of production they could do a limited production run.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I posted a few weeks back about my conversation with Dave Turner. He told me that he runs 650B ENVE wheels on his Sultan. So apparently they do make them. Just need to be on their VIP list or wave a lot of green or both.

www.EpicCyclist.com
    sounds promising, thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 0