mtbr member
    Aug 2007

650b and the apocalypse, preparation...

I realized after 1.5 years of owning 650b, and because 650b tires are still a little rare, that as good deals come around I've been subconsciously snapping them up or I need to hit $600 on QBP orders for free shipping and "what the heck I'll get some more tires" I've been acquiring more and more. I've also been hesitant to toss my old semi spent mostly Neomotos for really no other reason than the looming apocalypse... All of a sudden I have at least a half dozen new Neos, a half dozen new Nevegals, new tires on the bike, and at least two sets of semi spent tires... And a spare pair of Velocity Blunts waiting to be mounted up... Anyone else? The good news is these tires, particularly the Neos, are just so awesome it would take a hell of a tire to convince me to use something else... And I've been digging the Nevegal up front lately, compliments the Neo well in the rear...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dieselcruiserhead; 07-16-2009 at 12:18 AM.

nothing relevant to say
    You're looking like my inventory.
    I have a set of Schwalbe RR, unused Quasi pair, lightly used quasis, 2 pair neo 2.3, 1 pair Nevegal 2.1, +2.35, pair of IRD Fire XC b. I also have most of the rims, too. No Sun rims, yet. (next on the list). Hwne I ordered my COTR rim I ordered 5. (yikes).

Ovaries on the Outside
    I wish that was me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked Headtube
    You're looking like my inventory.
    I have a set of Schwalbe RR, unused Quasi pair, lightly used quasis, 2 pair neo 2.3, 1 pair Nevegal 2.1, +2.35, pair of IRD Fire XC b. I also have most of the rims, too. No Sun rims, yet. (next on the list). Hwne I ordered my COTR rim I ordered 5. (yikes).
    Ha funny.. The Suns really hold up well, that is my #1 set right now... Ranting and raving about them again (as usual!). Honestly never tried the blunts!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I've got one extra Neo Moto 2.3 tire and that is it. I was just thinking that I need to stock up - I already wish I had bought an extra rim (Velocity Synergy, all black) when I had my wheels built. My back up list will include 2 more Quasi tires, a 2.1 Neo, a set of Schwalbe RRs, and a second geared wheelset. I also want a set of designated commuting wheels with slicks. I find I am riding my 650B for everything except long road rides.

Then all I'll need for the apocalypse is a Holy Bible (King James version), some MREs, and couple of bricks of .22 LR. Yee-ha!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I put 700x32s on my 29er(700c) wheels and they are about the same diameter as Neo-Moto's. Perfect when I want to run my 650b bike on the road, commute, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by AllRounder
    I've got one extra Neo Moto 2.3 tire and that is it. I was just thinking that I need to stock up - I already wish I had bought an extra rim (Velocity Synergy, all black) when I had my wheels built. My back up list will include 2 more Quasi tires, a 2.1 Neo, a set of Schwalbe RRs, and a second geared wheelset. I also want a set of designated commuting wheels with slicks. I find I am riding my 650B for everything except long road rides.

Then all I'll need for the apocalypse is a Holy Bible (King James version), some MREs, and couple of bricks of .22 LR. Yee-ha!

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    I'm up to two wheelsets (my blunt/hopes and my discovery/shimano), an extra set of rims (alex) awaiting lacing to something or other hubwise, and four NeoMotos. I suppose I haven't gone gaga enough for the size yet.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight
    I'm up to two wheelsets (my blunt/hopes and my discovery/shimano), an extra set of rims (alex) awaiting lacing to something or other hubwise, and four NeoMotos. I suppose I haven't gone gaga enough for the size yet.
    Let me know how you like the Alex rims. They arnt too expensive, and seem like they could be a solid rim.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    They certainly don't weigh any more than the blunts do, at a far cheaper price.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

www.derbyrims.com
    That is a good idea. 2012 is coming up quick. Could be 650b tires will leave with the rapture of the perfect. Then I'd be left in 26 or 29'er purgatory. Oh the suffering!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Yep, the mayans... They get us every time..

Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight
    Not too bad if you ask me!

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Any of you guys looking to sell off a set of wheels, I'm buying. Prefer already built with a 20mm front

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant
    Any of you guys looking to sell off a set of wheels, I'm buying. Prefer already built with a 20mm front
    I'll be selling a set like this shortly... as soon as my new wheels are done.

Cheers,

KP

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    If by shortly you mean today or tomorrow

All my other parts are inbound and the wheels are about the last thing I'm missing. I'm just going to order them in the next day or so if I can't find a used set.

Feel free to PM or contact me direct at azamstaff@yahoo.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Pacenti
    I'll be selling a set like this shortly... as soon as my new wheels are done.

Cheers,

KP
    Building up anything intresting? Troy working his magic for you? He's building my set up now, hope to have them in the next week or so.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Effing tires are $pendy. My Quasi's haven't lasted that long....

-Schmitty-

Members who have read this thread: 0