mtbr member

650b on 08 Response?

I'm new here and got myself an entry level 08 Response. I was wondering if it would be a good candidate for a front 650b conversion? I've been riding different bikes for years and I'm seeing the new wheel and tire combos people are running and the 650b has got my interest. I'd like to stay with the Response till I progress more...honestly I love the bike so far.

I know the front Spinner forks are crap and won't fit a 650b either way. I'd like to stay on a budget at first until I progress more and more. What budget forks will fit a 650b up front?

I found this one for a decent price and I think it's on the 650b fork list. Is it the one?
    https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I also found this wheel and was wondering how V-brakes would work with the bigger wheel since the hub is not a disc hub.
    https://aebike.com/page.cfm?pageid=3...ils&sku=WE6544

If anyone has a budget fork that will fit one for sale as well, send me a PM. I'm looking for a budget front 650b wheel also. Thanks

Here's the bike next to the wife's

nothing relevant to say

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked Headtube
    Yea, I seen those 2 posts. It has the fork on that list but I think there are different models of the fork. Didn't know if there was any differences. I also found a couple set of brakes that might work as well.

How do you feel about my approach? Good entry upgrade?

Thanks

mtbr member
    May I suggest riding your bikes as is, while saving your pennies for something like a Haro Beasley complete bike in 2010. I think it may end up being money better saved and then later spent on a dedicated 650b bike vs. the upgrades to your Response.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG
    May I suggest riding your bikes as is, while saving your pennies for something like a Haro Beasley complete bike in 2010. I think it may end up being money better saved and then later spent on a dedicated 650b bike vs. the upgrades to your Response.
    I get what your saying. I was just wanting to try out the 650b up front. Thanks for the advise though.

Members who have read this thread: 0