mtbr member
    Nov 2005

425 WB rock solid Q's

I wanna put a 29" wheel in a 26" WB rock solid fork, the shorter one, which has a 425 C/A heigth. Does anyone know the max dimensions allowable for this fork? Will a 29"x 2.2" Nevegal work? how about that 29x2.4 Schwalbe (when available in US)? Ideally, I would like to know the distance from axle to bottom of arch and also the width near the top of the fork where the tread would contact the legs if the tire were too wide. I hear this setup is do-able but tire choice might be limited. I have a 29" stan's Arch rim/wheel on its way and I need to get the fork going, and I freakin hate skinny tires. Thanks in advancE, BradG

mtbr member
    Don't know the spec's of the WB fork, but since it's segmented I'd guess you should be ok to fit at least a 2.2 from leg to leg. A-to-C 425 will not present a problem for a 29" wheel. FWIW I have an On-One segmented fork and have no problem clearing a 2.3 Exi.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Thanks for the repy Fat Bob, but I am looking for some specifics. Especially in relation to the max width of a tire. I can't be the first person to look into this front end on a 69er. Does anyone have a White Brothers Rock Solid fork in the 425 C/A heigth? What size tire can you run?

mtbr member

Horse's mouth....

Quote Originally Posted by bradg
    Thanks for the repy Fat Bob, but I am looking for some specifics. Especially in relation to the max width of a tire. I can't be the first person to look into this front end on a 69er. Does anyone have a White Brothers Rock Solid fork in the 425 C/A heigth? What size tire can you run?
    Have you thought of reaching out to WB Tech Support directly?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I have the taller fork, but as for width, there is plenty of room for any tire available now. I think you would have plenty of clearance all around for a Nev, but just call WB and ask for a tech.

Members who have read this thread: 0