mtbr member

22" BMX is the 650b of the BMX world . . . .

Four years ago, a UK company FACTION introduced the first complete 22" wheel bmx called the Faction Zeitgeist. Texas company InDust started making 22"-specific bmx frames: Bike Check: Indust 2-Ton*22" - PSBMX.com - PlusSizeBMX.com . STANDARD Bykes from Iowa started doing some sweet custom 22"-wheel frames for people.

This summer, well-respected S&M Bikes, jumped into the mix and introduced the 22" wheel version of their classic S&M Holmes frame, complete with 22" wheels, tires, tubes, and fork. Sales are really starting to pick up, and more people know about it.

The interesting thing is I have been pushing this movement since the beginnig, and many of the same types of arguments heard in the 650b discussions were used against 22" BMX:

* Is it really that different?
    * Lack of LBS support, or "strain" on LBS's to carry more options
    * Lack of tire and rim options.
    * Lack of frame and fork options.
    * Is it somehow cheating in race environments?
    * Riders waiting for movement to "catch on" with other riders before they try it. Why? Comfort in being like everyone else? Scared of being different?

Now that people are really starting to ride them, they are gaining a strong group of devotees. Whether it "catches on" among everybody? Who cares!? It's just about options!!

22 inches of Love - it feels just right

A question about 22" bikes - BMXmuseum.com Forums

To show my allegiance with underdog formats, I plan on buying a 650b xc bike.

sizing: visual comparisons:

Liquid Feedback 24" bmx next to Faction Zeitgeist 22" bmx

InDust Cuatro 24" bmx next to InDust 2ton 22" bmx:

Faction Zeitgeist 22" bmx next to 1995 Homeless Mack 20" bmx:

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I had an old Schwinn Enduro 22 back in the day. It was the second bike I ever owned, and I sure wish I still had it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by textbookonewk View Post
    I had an old Schwinn Enduro 22 back in the day. It was the second bike I ever owned, and I sure wish I still had it.

Craigslist --->> 1985 genuine Schwinn Enduro 5-speed 22" wheels
    "If you suck, that means I'm better. The more you suck, the better I am. So. Let me count the ways you suck." - Scribb

mtbr member

Members who have read this thread: 19