2020 Specialized Pitch Comp 2X- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2020

2020 Specialized Pitch Comp 2X

Hey All, My wife an I are new to the MTB scene other than riding paved trails in town with the kids when they were little etc... We live in the country and have a great trail network literately in our backyard. We decided to take the plunge and start riding.

Anyway's, with the bike shortage we had trouble finding a ride for my wife as she is on the small side. We got her a Specialized Pitch Comp 2X,

I am wondering if anyone knows if we can bump up to a wider tire for her as the area we live in is very sandy and her 27.5 x 2.3 are being a little bit of a challenge for her. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    I just picked up a 2020 Pitch Comp 1x. The plan is to 2.5 assegai on front and 2.4 high roller II on rear. I'm new to biking and very much still learning, but from everything I've read and all the youtube videos watched, I'm quite certain these will fit; just not ideally if that makes sense. (WTB has a chart to show what I mean, link included) If her bike's internal rim size is 25mm like mine, then she should be able to do the same if she wants. I honestly wouldn't go higher than 2.4 on front and rear, but I already bought the tires. Living in NW Florida I tend to run into sand as well. I think the problem is really the stock tire. They suck, lol. The tread on the maxxis tire's I ordered are notably bigger. I made a youtube video that gives an idea of the difference. Also, finding the ideal ratio for her body weight/tire pressure will make a difference in how much surface area will contact the ground. Honestly though, I think the tread difference on a maxxis, wtb, etc. will make a world of difference even if she sticks with 2.3 width. Sorry for blabbering. Hope this helps!

WTB Tire fit chart

https://www.wtb.com/pages/tire-rim-fit-chart

Link to my unboxing video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhjkR_iU49U

Best of luck