2020 fuse issues?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2020

2020 fuse issues?

I bought a 2020 specialized fuse a few weeks ago and so far it's been nothing but issues. First one of the for seals blew out and my local shop rebuilt the fork and I was good for a day. Then my crankset came loose and now I'm waiting on a new one, they tightened it and said feel free to ride it around until the new one comes in. Now while riding around the block the same fork seal blew out again.

Do I just have the worst luck and got a lemon bike or does it sound like the shop didn't put the bike together properly?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    If youíre not hucking it off the roof, Iíd ask for a refund/different bike.

mtbr member
    May 2020
    I've only jumped it maybe 2 feet high if that. I'm honestly thinking about asking for a refund at this point. Unless they want to pay for new cranks and a whole new fork that I will install myself because I honestly don't really trust their bike mechanic anymore, the dude tried to press the seal back in with a screwdriver the first time.

Wanna ride bikes?
    Quote Originally Posted by captian_McBaldo View Post
    I bought a 2020 specialized fuse a few weeks ago and so far it's been nothing but issues. First one of the for seals blew out and my local shop rebuilt the fork and I was good for a day. Then my crankset came loose and now I'm waiting on a new one, they tightened it and said feel free to ride it around until the new one comes in. Now while riding around the block the same fork seal blew out again.

Do I just have the worst luck and got a lemon bike or does it sound like the shop didn't put the bike together properly?
    Sorry to hear about you luck. Yeah, Specialized sucks, so do many of their dealers. You didn't mention what brand of fork it is but I'm guessing RockShox? Seems like a pretty common problem on some of their forks.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    I think this is a dealer/mechanic issue.
    There are a lot of Specialized bikes out there running without any problems.

mtbr member
    I have a 2019 Fuse and itís been great. The crank bolt kept coming loose but I found out it really takes a lot of force to get it tight (probably should have used a torque wrench, but...).

Anyway, I really like my Fuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proudly Plus-Sized
    Sounds like you need to find a better shop. No matter how cool or en vogue it is for everyone to hate on Specialized, they make some damn good bikes and have for a long time. I was also a Fuse owner, and it was awesome.
    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.

mtbr member
    Dec 2019
    I got the base 27.5 model (2020). Cranks came loose after first two hour ride, kept coming off even after shop used red loctite. Spec offered some $$$ towards an upgraded non-square taper cranks set. My Judy fork leaked from day one, eventually did 50 hrs service and replaced dust seals, still leaked. Upgraded to revelation fork and had no issues. A week a ago the chainstay cracked clean through. Spec is sending new upgraded m4 frame. Otherwise fun bike.