• 02-18-2019
    cateck
    2019 Transition Scout vs 2019 YT Jeffsy 27.5 aluminum
    Looking to purchase a new MTB, the Transition Scout and the YT Jeffsy 27.5 are my top choices and since demo rides are impossible to find in S. California, I was hoping I could get some opinions to help me decide.
  • 02-18-2019
    Battery
    I just built my 18 Scout and it's a lot of fun. The fork uses a 38mm offset and it really brings the bike to life. The SBG does an awesome job keeping the bike running in straight lines down the trail while adding some agility in tight corners. It feels like a completely different bike from my Sentinel with regards to riding and handling. I don't mean that in any bad way toward my Sentinel. My Sentinel is my favorite bike but it's not a perfect trail bike. I prefer to point my Sentinel downward. My Scout is definitely the perfect trail bike for how I ride bike parks and other locations that have winding trail systems.

Also, the fork and frame are capable of running 2.8" tires later on if you ever decide to go that way. I installed 2.6" tires on my Scout and it runs pretty good with it.

It might just be me, but I can feel a difference between a 64 degree HTA and a 65 degree HTA (Sentinel vs Scout) when I sit on the bike and ride. Some of it may be due to the positioning of my handlebars. The 425mm chainstay really makes this bike handle fast. My Sentinel has 435mm and it feels great when I am traveling at full speed but I love how a 425mm chainstay feels on a 27.5" bike. It really livens up the party! SBG is a totally awesome and fun system to ride!

If you really like playful bikes, I would definitely consider the Scout. I have nothing against the Jeffsy. I'm sure it's an awesome bike, but I have no experience with it. I'm sure a couple of Jeffsy owners will jump on here for their take.
  • 02-18-2019
    Dale-Calgary
    Why don't you post the general area where you live and someone here may be able to help you find a demo dealer for the Transition? Has to be many places in S California.

YT you would have to look for demo vans.
  • 02-22-2019
    craigso
    yt is located in s cali they do free demos
  • 02-23-2019
    jrm
    YT has an office in San Clemente and have demo bikes to test...