• 11-30-2018
    askibum02
    2019 Remedy 7 vs. 2019 Stumpjumper Comp
    After Selling my Bronson earlier this year like a moron I didn't realize how much I would miss riding, and miss riding with my son. With the NICA kicking off he is riding again, and I decided to buy another bike so I can coach again. LBS offers a discount for NICA so I am going to buy there. They have Trek and Specialized. The two bikes I'm considering are the Trek Remedy 7 and the Specialized Stumpjumper Comp. Does anyone have any first-hand experience with either? They are pretty similar in specs and geometry, with the Stumpjumper having a 0.5 degree slacker head tube angle, 65.5 vs 66, and a 6.1 degree difference in seat tube angle though, 74.6 vs 64.5. Will the seat tube angle make a huge difference?
  • 11-30-2018
    JMac47
    Quote:

Originally Posted by askibum02 View Post
    After Selling my Bronson earlier this year like a moron I didn't realize how much I would miss riding, and miss riding with my son. With the NICA kicking off he is riding again, and I decided to buy another bike so I can coach again. LBS offers a discount for NICA so I am going to buy there. They have Trek and Specialized. The two bikes I'm considering are the Trek Remedy 7 and the Specialized Stumpjumper Comp. Does anyone have any first-hand experience with either? They are pretty similar in specs and geometry, with the Stumpjumper having a 0.5 degree slacker head tube angle, 65.5 vs 66, and a 6.1 degree difference in seat tube angle though, 74.6 vs 64.5. Will the seat tube angle make a huge difference?

Both good bikes but you may want to check the st specs I think the 64* is a typo.
  • 12-08-2018
    NoTDI
    If you like the Stumpy geometry... Do to your pocket a big favor and take a serious look at YT Jeffsy.
  • 12-16-2018
    desertred
    If your LBS has them in stock, go ride each. Years ago, I was deciding between a Trek EX8 and the Specialized FSR Comp. While both had similar geometry, the Trek felt just so much better for some reason. I went with the Trek.