2019 Commencal Clash Essential Fox VS 2019 YT Capra 27 Al Comp- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2019

2019 Commencal Clash Essential Fox VS 2019 YT Capra 27 Al Comp

Hi all,

Just looking for some insight. Iím looking to get my first full suspension bike as Iíve been getting back into riding heavily and want to start traveling to more serious bike parks/trails, that my roscoe 8 isnít too comfortable on. Iíve narrowed it down to these two. Based on their specs, the bikes seem rather similar, however Iím sure they have their pros and cons. Anyone have experience with either of these bikes? Iím leaning towards the Commencal just based on personal preference, but Iíve heard some great things about the YT as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    The components on the YT are waaaaay better than what you can find on the Commencal Clash at the same price.

mtbr member
    I dont own either, but i was looking heavily at both Commencal and YT, before i settled on a 5010. From my experience speaking to someone at both companies over the phone, the folks at Commencal were really enthused about their bikes, very knowledgable, and very helpful. The folks at YT, not so much. I like the YT bikes, but for what its worth, I would not hesitate to buy a Commencal. You only get one chance to make an impression. Commencal did, YT did not. As far as the bikes go, can't go wrong with either.

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Tough call. Iím debating these two bikes as well as a few more. From the research Iíve done, it seems like the Capra will pedal a little bit better uphill, while the Clash will offer a little bit more comfort through the rear suspension when flying downhill. I havenít ridden either, just been keeping track of what people are saying about them, and comparing it all together.