11. This poll is closed
  • Stumpjumper 27.5 non-plus

1 9.09%
  • Bronson

10 90.91%
    just ride
    Oct 2006

New question here. 2019 Bronson or 2019 Stumpjumper Expert 27.5

I will demo both. Meanwhile, if you have ridden or own any of the two, please share your opinion on which one you think is:

Poppy - Agile, easy to pop off stuff and maneuver.
    Better climber.
    Good for all day rides.

1. Stumpjumper
    2. Bronson

My average ride is in the 20 miles 4.5k elevation. Id like to be able to do this without struggling like Im riding a DH bike. My current bike is a Blur TRC 26 and a 2016 Stumpjumper Carbon 29.

I like the Stumpjumper because its about $1500 cheaper than the $5.5k Bronson and the Stumpjumper will come with carbon wheels and weighs in at 28 lbs! Not to mention the SWAT box that I love and miss when i ride my TRC.

I like Bronson because resale value on SC bikes are great! Efficient climber. Not too plush! You can still feel the trail (VPP) unlike horst link.

Not interested on any brands. Thank you.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Remember asking prices and sell prices are very different for used bikes these days---lots of optimistic sellers and lots of unsold bikes especially with the pace of new models---I would not count on this as SC may bring a new Bronson and kill your resell value----just like my Pivot 429 Trail---good bike but tough to sell even at 50% of paid price whyich was dealer cost

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by pctloper View Post
    Remember asking prices and sell prices are very different for used bikes these days---lots of optimistic sellers and lots of unsold bikes especially with the pace of new models---I would not count on this as SC may bring a new Bronson and kill your resell value----just like my Pivot 429 Trail---good bike but tough to sell even at 50% of paid price whyich was dealer cost
    Santa Cruz wont be brining a new Bronson for another 3-4 years. Likely same with Stunpy. Both were just redesigned. The challenge with either however is the market shift toward 29ers. SC will likely be launching a new 29er next year