mtbr member
    Jun 2016

2015 Raleigh Kodiak 2

Just thought I'd give a review of my Kodiak 2 I searched and and couldn't find any threads on this. I picked it up this summer. It's my first MB so I have nothing to compare it to so this is just a review of how I personally like the bike. Overall for being a budget bike I am extremely happy with it. Comes with of course entry level components thru axles front and rear and rockshox suspension. But for the money its an amazing bike.The few things I don't like about it are the factory tires that come on it. They don't grip well at all and there is not place for a water bottle but I know there are several bikes that have this same issue. I plan on upgrading the drivetrain on it. Getting a dropper seat post and a nicer wheel and tire set. So far the bike had performed great with minimal issues mostly caused by myself being an amateur rider. I don't know all the measurements and angles and such but the bike works well for me in a small!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Musaka18; 10-26-2017 at 06:32 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Thanks for the review. I'm actually putting a 2016 on layaway this week. I believe they're essentially the same bike. I ride a hard tail 29er and want a full suspension too. My goal is to start riding next spring with it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by wordsthoughts View Post
    Thanks for the review. I'm actually putting a 2016 on layaway this week. I believe they're essentially the same bike. I ride a hard tail 29er and want a full suspension too. My goal is to start riding next spring with it.
    Very similar the 16 has Shimano vs sram and a different wheel set I believe other than that very similar I was going to go with 16 but liked the color of the 15 better that was the only reason I went with that. You will love it man worth every penny!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Does it runs small? I'm 6'1" and ride a 29er hardtail. I want an XL but they only have large left. I'm worried it maybe too short in large especially with 27.5 wheels

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by wordsthoughts View Post
    Does it runs small? I'm 6'1" and ride a 29er hardtail. I want an XL but they only have large left. I'm worried it maybe too short in large especially with 27.5 wheels
    Honestly I am unsure I am 5'6" and the small is perfect size for me so I do not not how the large will fit. My brother has the large diamondback atroz which is somewhat similar and it's too big for him and he is 5'10" tall

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Getting more comfortable on the Raleigh. Can't wait to do the upgrades this winter.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Hit the trail again today well I have been going every weekend but just have been posting every time because I don't think it's necessary. Still loving the bike considering though maybe going to with a kona process next year and just keeping this as a backup instead of dumping a ton of money into the Raleigh but haven't 100% decided yet. I'll be thinking on it most of winter

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    i have this bike as well. never had fewer issues with any bike. ..it as reliable as if it were bxm. I lost the bike out-from-under me and sent it somersaulting down 90 foot of Battle Mountain in somewhere Nevada this summer, picked it up and swore it ran better the rest of the way back to the trail head. Never had any other Raleigh, so i can't attest to the brand as a whole, but i find it hard to image expecting better performance/satisfaction per dollar spent out of any bike.