rear disc brake

Printable View

• 05-26-2020
    racebug56
    rear disc brake
    I need dome rear disc brake set up for giant cadex
  • 05-26-2020
    mack_turtle
    OK. So what's your question? What specific year and model do you have?
  • 05-26-2020
    racebug56
    it a cf 2 and 3 early 90's model I need two of them
  • 05-26-2020
    racebug56
    a cf 2 and 3 early 90's model I need two of them
  • 05-27-2020
    ranier
    Uh, what? You really need to write in coherent sentences and give us more info. We don't have access to what's swirling in your brain bucket.

That said, the Giant Cadex is a carbon tube/aluminum lugged frame, I think glued with some sort of epoxy. Even if you could find a way to rig up a disc mount on the frame, I wouldn't trust the frame section where the disc mount would be to take the braking forces placed on it as it wasn't designed for that. My recommendation - stick with a good canti or v-brake set up. If you really want disc brakes, get a disc frame.
  • 05-27-2020
    the-one1
    Yes.
  • 05-27-2020
    mack_turtle
    short answer: it's not going to be easy to rig a disc brake to that bike. If you have lots of experience fabricating bicycles out of carbon fiber, it might work. you'll need to do some serious carbon fiber modification. sounds like an interesting project but a lot of work and a lot of risk that it won't work. I wash my hands of this project!

please do the readers of this forum a favor and write coherent sentences that get to the bottom of what you're really asking. share specifics. post some photos of your bike or find a link with details about your bike so we have a frame of reference.

what's a "dome disc brake"?
    why your question about modifying a road bike in the 26er sub-forum?

none of this makes any sense.
  • 05-27-2020
    MattiThundrrr
    Zip ties, a steel frame, or rim brakes.
    You gotta choose