mtbr member
    Aug 2018

Question about a 26er oldie specialized enduro expert

I just bought a 2007 specialized enduro expert with fox suspension 36 and dhx 5.0
    Is it any good for the bike trails?
    Actually got it for 100 bucks is it worth the price?
    Everything works as it should
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Question about  a 26er oldie specialized enduro expert-pbpic879927.jpg  

Question about  a 26er oldie specialized enduro expert-screenshot_2018-08-10-00-06-05.jpg  

Question about  a 26er oldie specialized enduro expert-screenshot_2018-08-10-00-05-26.jpg  

Last edited by eduardogfusa; 08-09-2018 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Pics of my actual bike

mtbr member
    These bikes pretty much changed the game in 2006. Honestly with sticky tires and wide bars, nothing modern will be any quicker. Descending at least.

Hardtail Steel Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by eduardogfusa View Post
    I just bought a 2007 specialized enduro expert with fox suspension 36 and dhx 5.0
    Is it any good for the bike trails?
    Actually got it for 100 bucks is it worth the price?
    Everything works as it should
    For $100 I'd want to be really sure it's not stolen. It's worth a lot more than that. The fork alone is worth several times that.
    WTB: Med Bontrager Ti Lite, PM Me...

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    What's the story on it? Either someone didn't know what they had or like jestep said, it's stolen.
    Or maybe a buddy giving you a good deal because he wants you out on the trails.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    +1 for probably hot

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    I asked the guy and he told me he bought it in a garage sale and he said it wasnt stolen, oh wow good to know that

Hardtail Steel Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by eduardogfusa View Post
    I asked the guy and he told me he bought it in a garage sale and he said it wasnt stolen, oh wow good to know that
    It's possible it's clean, I've seen similarly cheap stuff but that's just really cheap. With that fork, I think $800 - $1000 wouldn't be difficult to get for it at all.
    WTB: Med Bontrager Ti Lite, PM Me...

mtbr member
    Aug 2018

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by jestep View Post
    It's possible it's clean, I've seen similarly cheap stuff but that's just really cheap. With that fork, I think $800 - $1000 wouldn't be difficult to get for it at all.
    Yeah the guy told me that it looked like its a good bike and bought it from a garage sale and then he told me that he was selling it because it had a bad rim valve (back tire was flat when i bought it), and he said he took it to a lot of tire shops and got told that the rim valve was messed up actually it wasnt, it was just that it has presta valves and not schrader and for that reason he looked not familiar at all with this type of bikes

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    It was stolen.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    That's really odd. You'd think think that he'd take it to a bike shop instead of a tire shop. Plus even if a tire shop had never seen a presta valve before, it's very obviously just a different valve instead of 'messed up'.
    But I guess the answer is that yes, it is quite good for the trails, and yes, it is worth a bit more than $100 so you got a suspiciously good deal.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Update on the bike.. you guys were right
    The guy who sold me the bike it wasnt his bike it was a friends bike and he sold it without his permission so yeah it was stolen. I gave it back to the original owner that had the documentation and pictures of the bike and everything. Thank you for your knowledge.