Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post your 26er Pics

283K views 1K replies 586 participants last post by  Vepr54r 
#1 · (Edited)
I figured I might as well start this since someone will.

My everyday ride...

Only took me 5 years to post bike details, but...
1992 Serotta T-Max
Size:44L
Columbus Max tubing, Ritchey dropouts
2x8 13-40 with RoadLink. Was 2x7 13-34.
XT derailleurs, XTR canti's, Marzocchi Z3 bomber fork, Bontrager Race 600 bar, Matrix Mt. Titan rims, DX-650 hubs.
Built from a used frame in 2014.
Weighs 27.0 lbs (with platforms).

John

Admin Note:
Hey boys and girls how about full discloser on year / brand / model and how long in service.
- Klurejr via DJ :thumbsup:

Attachments

See less See more
#79 ·
I got lucky and found the original in my own computer. I don't even know how I got it since the computer is not very old. I originally posted this on MTBR. Later Dirt Rag published it. I go back to MTBR since some time in the mid-nineties.

"A World Trade Center Survivor’s Tale"

I work(ed) on the 68th floor of One World Trade Center. That’s the North Tower. The first one hit, the last to fall. Guess that’s something to be proud of in its own perverse way.

Me, I’m a creature of habit. For 15 years I’ve gone for coffee at 9:30 am. Never missed my coffee never varied my time. Makes me seem pretty anal when you think about it.

Besides being anal, I hate meetings. I hate meetings almost as much as I love coffee. On September 11, I had a meeting scheduled for 9 am with a woman who likes to talk. (Really likes to talk!) I figured there was no way I’d get coffee by the time she finished so I went for coffee at 8:30 am. Never did that before, haven’t done it since.

Down the elevator, out to the street. Not only do I have coffee at 9:30 everyday, I always buy my coffee from Ali the Afghan on Church Street. (Ali came to New York to avoid the war in Afghanistan.) No reason to change that on the 11th.

I got my coffee and headed back to my office. I spot a dime. Did I mention that I always pick up coins? I do. I’m cheap and anal. I heard a noise and looked up. An American Airlines 767 was in trouble. Wow, it was going to be close to my building. “Holy ****!” It hit my building.

I was working in Public Affairs for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey that day. My comment was recorded by a tourist’s camcorder. “Holy ****!” has been repeated worldwide many times since September 11. It was not the first official statement by a Port Authority employee but it was the most accurate.

I ran. I told others to run. Survivors run, victims stare. I did not spill my coffee.

I reached a pay phone, drank my coffee, and called my mother collect so she could tell everyone I was all right. My wife’s phone number was in my office. I was not going back to my office to get it.

My mother answered the phone. She would not accept the charges. Thanks mom.

I called again and this time I got through.

What could I do? I took the train home. After I walked from the station to my wife’s office. (My car keys were in my office that had ceased to exist by then) She drove me to my car and lent me her spare set of keys. Me, I made one stop. I stopped at my local bike shop and made sure they did not cancel the order I had for new tires.

I eventually got my new tires. I hope Ali still has his coffee stand somewhere in New York City.

#80 ·
B
I got lucky and found the original in my own computer. I don't even know how I got it since the computer is not very old. I originally posted this on MTBR. Later Dirt Rag published it. I go back to MTBR since some time in the mid-nineties.

"A World Trade Center Survivor's Tale"

I work(ed) on the 68th floor of One World Trade Center. That's the North Tower. The first one hit, the last to fall. Guess that's something to be proud of in its own perverse way.

Me, I'm a creature of habit. For 15 years I've gone for coffee at 9:30 am. Never missed my coffee never varied my time. Makes me seem pretty anal when you think about it.

Besides being anal, I hate meetings. I hate meetings almost as much as I love coffee. On September 11, I had a meeting scheduled for 9 am with a woman who likes to talk. (Really likes to talk!) I figured there was no way I'd get coffee by the time she finished so I went for coffee at 8:30 am. Never did that before, haven't done it since.

Down the elevator, out to the street. Not only do I have coffee at 9:30 everyday, I always buy my coffee from Ali the Afghan on Church Street. (Ali came to New York to avoid the war in Afghanistan.) No reason to change that on the 11th.

I got my coffee and headed back to my office. I spot a dime. Did I mention that I always pick up coins? I do. I'm cheap and anal. I heard a noise and looked up. An American Airlines 767 was in trouble. Wow, it was going to be close to my building. "Holy ****!" It hit my building.

I was working in Public Affairs for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey that day. My comment was recorded by a tourist's camcorder. "Holy ****!" has been repeated worldwide many times since September 11. It was not the first official statement by a Port Authority employee but it was the most accurate.

I ran. I told others to run. Survivors run, victims stare. I did not spill my coffee.

I reached a pay phone, drank my coffee, and called my mother collect so she could tell everyone I was all right. My wife's phone number was in my office. I was not going back to my office to get it.

My mother answered the phone. She would not accept the charges. Thanks mom.

I called again and this time I got through.

What could I do? I took the train home. After I walked from the station to my wife's office. (My car keys were in my office that had ceased to exist by then) She drove me to my car and lent me her spare set of keys. Me, I made one stop. I stopped at my local bike shop and made sure they did not cancel the order I had for new tires.

I eventually got my new tires. I hope Ali still has his coffee stand somewhere in New York City.
Wow, thanks for that! That's pretty incredible. What happened to the woman that talks to much?

#1,303 ·
'99 trek 8900. G1 hydraulic disc brakes, 24lbs.

Just as it came from the factory aside from a new pair of tires and tubes after sleeping for 22 years. And some random ancient bicycle computer that fired right up with a new battery in it.

Might put a suspension seat post and better seat on it at some point... but we'll see if I still feel that way after I get some more miles on it.

Bicycle Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Tire Bicycle wheel rim

#1,310 ·
So she’s done. This is my interpretation on an old school new school build. I purchased the bike 100% original down to the tires and grips. I’ve cleaned and saved everything but I decided to build it back with new modern components except for the rim’s which are next. It has a full sram eagle xx1 drive train including the chain, Magura MT8 SL carbon disc brakes, full carbon Ritchey wcs saddle, black inc carbon seat post, carbon lefty and carbon 3T bars.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.